Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Man, Trump can't even hire American workers for his misinformation campaign. So much for bringing back jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/ElectProject/status/794531702265745412

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

DAMNIT now is not the time to get creepy Abuela :cry:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

McMullin 2020, calling it. One of the tiny number of rePubs to come out of this election not having poo poo all over him.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
I like Chris Hayes but how did that dude manage to get himself a television show? He looks like an 8-year-old scaled up

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Guys where's my Friday oppo droppo? My inner arzy gremlin is about to escape.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So basically comes down to how the una breaks out ?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Monohydrate posted:

Guys where's my Friday oppo droppo? My inner arzy gremlin is about to escape.

Just duck and cover; it's not like we can do anything to change whatever happens next week.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

euphronius posted:

Disagree

He's very brand conscious

i think he's kinda lost the plot in the last year or so tho

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

euphronius posted:

What are hillarys lowlights

quote:

Fact Checker
The biggest Pinocchios of Election 2016
By Glenn Kessler November 4 at 3:00 AM

(Paul J. Richards/AFP/Getty Images)
This presidential election race has been one for the record books — including for Pinocchios.

In many ways, it was an unbalanced race. Donald Trump has amassed such a collection of Four-Pinocchio ratings — 59 in all — that by himself he’s earned as many in this campaign as all other Republicans (or Democrats) combined in the past three years. His average Pinocchio rating was 3.4. (By contrast, the worst Pinocchio rating in 2012 was earned by Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota — an average of 3.08 Pinocchios.)

Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, ended up with an average Pinocchio rating of 2.2. That put her in about the same range as President Obama and former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney in 2012. (She had a total of seven Four-Pinocchio ratings.) If not for her statements about the email controversy, which earned her lots of Pinocchios, her average rating would have been much lower.

Here are some of the lowlights of the 2016 campaign.

Most absurd facts

Trump repeatedly made claims that boggled the imagination. He said the unemployment rate was 42 percent when it was actually 5 percent. He claimed there were 92 million “jobless Americans,” which included everyone who did not want to work, such as retirees and students. He even claimed that he could save $300 billion a year from a Medicare prescription drug program that only costs $78 billion.

Return to sender award

Hillary Clinton earned 24 Pinocchios over the course of the campaign for a series of misleading statements about her private email server arrangement when she was secretary of state. Among other claims, she falsely said the arrangement was permitted, that she had not sent or received classified information, and that the FBI director had said her answers were truthful.

Most imaginary history (GOP version)

Trump repeatedly claimed things that did not happen. He said he saw thousands of Muslims in New Jersey celebrate the collapse of the World Trade Center after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. He falsely claimed that Hillary Clinton started the “birther” movement that questioned whether Obama was born in the United States. He said Russian President Vladimir Putin called him a “genius” when in fact Putin called him “colorful.” And he suggested that the father of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) had a hand in John F. Kennedy’s assassination.

Most imaginary history (Democratic version)

Hillary Clinton claimed that the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act was enacted to thwart an anti-gay constitutional amendment; hacked emails later showed that her staff immediately knew the statement was false. She also claimed that she tried to join the Marines on the eve of her marriage in 1975 but was turned down — a story that did not add up for a number of reasons. And she asserted that Trump opposed the auto bailout in 2009 — when in fact he supported government action.

Most amazing foresight

In hindsight, Trump often said he was right. He said he was against the Iraq War, even though the evidence showed he supported it. He claimed he predicted that Osama bin Laden would attack the United States, when Trump made no such prediction. And he said he knew Obamacare would be a disaster when it passed, even though he did not say that at the time.

Gold medal for flip-flops

Every politician shifts position from time to time, but Trump took it to new heights. He suddenly found Bill Clinton’s sex scandals abhorrent, though he had once said they were insignificant. His stance on the H-1B program, which grants temporary visas to nonimmigrant workers, changed so many times that his position became incoherent. We also counted at least five different positions on the minimum wage, ranging from too high to too low. And of course he said allegations of sexual assault should be believed — until the allegations were about him.

Funny numbers (minority version)

Trump often hyped statistics concerning minority groups. He claimed that 58 percent of black youths were unemployed, when the real number was less than 20 percent, and he said more Hispanics were in poverty under Obama, when in fact the number has decreased. He also falsely said the murder rate is the highest in 45 years, when it’s really half the peak of the 1980s and early 1990s.

Go back to school award

Ben Carson, making the case for not having any political experience, asserted that the Founding Fathers had no elected office experience. As most junior high schoolers could tell you, the American Revolution was successful because it was led by men with many years in politics, political action and protest, often honed in the debates held in Colonial legislatures.

Brag line that flopped (GOP version)

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) claimed credit for inserting a legislative provision that weakened the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare. But it turned out he had no role in the legislative maneuvering that resulted in the change in law, so he was taking credit for the work of other lawmakers.

Brag line that flopped (Democratic version)

Hillary Clinton loved to say that she was the only candidate in the race who would not raise taxes on the middle class and would raise incomes. But this was rhetorical hooey, as just about every candidate on the right had signed a pledge to never raise taxes (and said they would raise incomes).

Greatest collection of phony scandals

Trump repeatedly made exaggerated claims about the Clintons that crumbled to dust after scrutiny. Laureate Education did not receive $55 million in grants from the State Department while Bill Clinton was being paid by the company. Hillary Clinton did not give 20 percent of U.S. uranium to the Russians. And Swedish telecommunications giant Ericsson did not get a break from Iran sanctions because Bill Clinton gave a speech.

Biggest rags-to-riches fable

Trump repeatedly said he built his business with only a $1 million loan from his father. But his father provided him with tens of millions of dollars in loans, trust funds and inheritance — not to mention crucial contacts in the real estate world.

Biggest evil billionaires fable

As part of his stump speech, Sen. Bernie Sanders (Vt.) would claim that Charles and David Koch, the conservative billionaires, would spend more money ($900 million) on the 2016 election than either major political party. But this prediction was wildly off-base.

Biggest evil government fable

While campaigning for president, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) loved to tell the story of an elderly man sitting in prison for 10 years — just for putting dirt on his land. But just about every aspect of Paul’s recounting was inaccurate and misleading. The man was convicted for his role in developing 67 mobile home lots inside federally protected wetlands, building on wetlands without approval and knowingly selling land with illegal sewage systems that were likely to fail.

Sean Hannity’s fantasy plane ride

The Fox News personality touted the claim that Trump sent his personal plane to rescue Marines stranded after fighting in the 1991 Persian Gulf War. But Trump had nothing to do with it; the jet was provided by the Trump Shuttle, under contract with the military, at a time when it had been seized by Trump’s bankers for failing to pay loans. Hannity continues to display this false claim on his website.

Most amazing ‘Whoa if True’ claim

Rep. Sean Duffy (R-Wis.) falsely claimed that longtime Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin had been “an editor for a Sharia newspaper” and had “ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.” She actually worked for a sober academic journal edited by her mother.

Most ridiculous zombie claim

Despite our best efforts, the Internet continued to circulate the bogus rumor that, as a young lawyer, Hillary Clinton had been fired from her job on the congressional Watergate inquiry. But pay records showed that was false. She served until the inquiry was disbanded after President Richard Nixon’s resignation.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

euphronius posted:

Looks like it. And there's a lot of them too.

https://twitter.com/ElectProject/status/794539669472079873

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

on Tuesday Hilary will be wearing the saggy, loose skin of her adversaries

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

deathbysnusnu posted:

So say the hypothetical honey pot Russian sex tape magically gets released today with say two obviously underage girls. What do you suppose the final EV total would be? I would guess Trump still takes at least 100.

You gotta figure most of his fan base would stay home and beat off to the video and never make it out to vote.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

euphronius posted:

What are hillarys lowlights

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemails!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Competent non-grifters have no place in the modern GOP

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol Don Jr

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat

euphronius posted:

They've been covering the FBI story

I knowwwww but it's all been understated and equivocal. for a moment there (like a month or two ago?) they were getting closer and closer to calling trump a "liar" and i thought that might signal a willingness to actually engage with the fevered tone of this election instead of determinedly giving him the benefit of the doubt every single day.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

prefect posted:

Is hexaco like Texaco, but for magic instead of oil?

same question but tabletop gaming instead of magic

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i0TnNI6U-w

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
10's not too early to start drinking, right? it's friday

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Just voted in Georgia. Have a good feeling that I'll be the tipping point to turn the state blue.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

euphronius posted:

Potentially, though there was that poll a few days ago showing something like 23% of Republicans reportedly have voted for Hillary vs. 9% of Democrats voting for Trump. And no, I don't remember who did that poll and so my numbers might be slightly off, but the party affiliation might not tell the whole story.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Phyresis posted:

10's not too early to start drinking, right? it's friday

Its not alcohol if its a bloody mary or mimosa at this hour, it's brunch.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
gently caress it, bottoms up

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat
like the tax stuff they reported might have been really damning to anyone who read the article and pondered deeply on its conclusions, but they always stop short of saying anything actually bad about him so what's even the point?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

SirPhoebos posted:

DAMNIT now is not the time to get creepy Abuela :cry:

Hillary is a human, and she's coming

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

lol Don Jr

donjur has this weird tense version of a resting bitch face, hes always holding his mouth in the "im so mad im not even yelling" pucker

is this how trump men prep their mouth for full anus styling in later life??

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Alcohol is a valid source of calories drink away.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
It's almost over guys.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/794533910780620800
Trump has the biggest turnouts, I tell you. Just tremendous.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

get HYPE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiyoLa9z1ao

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Baloogan posted:

why can't i-i find a b-b-b-boyfriend ^__________________________________________________________^

hey bb u live around here often???

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

lol Don Jr

Do u want ur wife in this pic sir

My who?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

Potentially, though there was that poll a few days ago showing something like 23% of Republicans reportedly have voted for Hillary vs. 9% of Democrats voting for Trump. And no, I don't remember who did that poll and so my numbers might be slightly off, but the party affiliation might not tell the whole story.

So it's over

Hillary won

And I love big abuela

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Wow.

Never thought I'd see that

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Samuel Clemens posted:

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/794533910780620800
Trump has the biggest turnouts, I tell you. Just tremendous.

3 days of early voting left and they're already at 61k? NV is done

Christina Arugula
Aug 10, 2004
How do you like your lawn? Broiled or charred?
Ramrod XTreme
Cognitivedissonance.jpg right near my house. This loving election.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
This morning a reporter on BBC World News called Donald Trump "The Orange Tornado"

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
I'm a therapist and p much every session I did this week revolved around Trump anxiety. Can this poo poo just be over already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

euphronius posted:

So it's over

Hillary won

And I love big abuela

If the poll is accurate, sure.