Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Bi latino northerner here, will Trump win or will America save itself? Need some anti-arzy. Sitting next to Trump supporters sets me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

Geostomp posted:

When they say "fix things", they mean "break everything that Democrats have tried to do and hurt non-whites for us."

It's essentially nihilism, and - at the risk of making a provocative analogy - it's exactly the same kind of nihilism which informs groups like ISIS. When the world fails to conform to your expectations, preconceptions or wishes (as is obviously the case with many of Trump's white, male supporters), you really have two choices: you can accept the world for what it is and attempt to adapt, or you can lash out at the world and attempt to destroy it. Groups which have succumbed to nihilism obviously opt for the latter.

Trump's entire candidacy is premised on negation. He is against Clinton (that is all he talks about in his rallies now), he is against immigration, he is against free-trade and so on. To someone who has lost faith in the state of the world, the idea of simply negating it must be intuitively appealing; we would be fine if only Democrats didn't have political power, if only immigrants weren't coming freely to this nation, if only we weren't part of this or that global arrangement. But the problem, obviously, is what you then to propose to construct from the rubble, but the trouble is I don't think Trump supporters are prepared to think that far. I had this discussion with an American, Trump-supporting friend of mine: yes, okay, I understand your grievances, but once Trump has taken a sledgehammer to everything Obama has accomplished over the last 8 years, what do you actually expect him to be able to do (even in an ideal world, where political gridlock doesn't exist) to change it? My friend, for example, is worried about the influence of banks, corporations, and general economic decline, so my question is simply, "and what exactly do you expect Trump - or anyone else, for that matter - is going to do to fix it? Regardless of what he has or hasn't proposed (virtually nothing on this issue), how exactly do you imagine that these things are going to be fixed by a Trump presidency?" Silence.

My friend is generally liberal-leaning (from what I can tell - we haven't dicussed politics much before) but the one positive thing about this election is how it's exposed the hypocrisy and vacuity of the Republican party in its current iteration. They've spent 8 years doing nothing but saying no to Obama, they're being led by the nose by a demographic that is increasingly indifferent to the laissez-faire idealism of the party's establishment, they've forgone all talk of boiler-plate social conservative positions (abortion, gay marriage and "family values" have hardly been raised at all this election), they have a leader who has openly insulted most of them, and all that they are capable of saying is, "well, at least he is not Hillary Clinton". They have exposed themselves as men (and they are invariably men) without principles, and without any particular concern for the facts of reality. They live in a closed bubble and have given up on any meaningful engagement in the world beyond their safe-space, save their investment in its continued destruction. They are nihilists, by word and by deed, pure and simple.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

boner confessor posted:

please, let's not consider any part of this creepy

:stonklol:

Wow. Now I've seen everything. :psyduck::wtc:

sumie
Mar 29, 2006
GUERNSEY (adj.)

Queasy but umbowed. The kind of feeling one gets when discovering a
plastic compartment in a fridge in which thing are growing.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Pedophilia technically (or is it "technically") prep prepubescent. Ephebophilia is teenagers. Theres a term for tweenagers but I don't remember.

Anyway, molesters very consistently rationalize their actions, and "the age of consent should be lower" is common. Girl was seventeen. In some states it'd actually be legal.

Virginia is not one of them.

Ephebophile

noun

A pedophile with a thesaurus.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

teen witch posted:

So this dude is a loving predator. Neat.

Yeah. He's a literal predator. Who also has five children by four women, including that then-teenager (who, btw, maintains they totally didn't have sex before she was 18, not even that time they shared a hotel room).

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Who What Now posted:

The moderation in D&D, and specifically in this thread, is hot loving garbage right now and it's really embarrassing.

Someone should post that QCS thread. We already have the parody thread here. I'm not gonna be the one to do it.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Seems to really enjoy getting young people off I guess

:perfect:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
My May-December Steampunk Romance

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

boner confessor posted:

the older i get the more i consider anyone younger than 25 a child

Same here, buddy. :hf:

I'm only 27, but I already feel like shouting at college kids to get off my drat lawn. :argh:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

boner confessor posted:

Agreed, there's 20 year olds ITT with opinions about things, and then I think back to myself over a decade ago and lmao

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Turn left thread! Left!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

boner confessor posted:

Is that baby really hers? :aaa:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Nevvy Z posted:

Someone should post that QCS thread. We already have the parody thread here. I'm not gonna be the one to do it.

:perfect:

I don't have confidence a QCS thread won't just be a honeypot.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

boner confessor posted:

I'm 34 with two kids and I don't know that I would call myself an adult with a straight face.

I'm also beginning to assume that this is how everyone has always felt.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

CascadeBeta posted:

Turn left thread! Left!

*looks at the commie meter*

We can't go any further left captain!!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I'm 25 and my sister is near this girl's age and I'm shaking mad. Who the gently caress just lets this skirt by.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

So interracial relationships are creepy?

Thanks, D&D

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Agrajag posted:

Is that baby really hers? :aaa:

Genetics can be weird sometimes.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Covok posted:

Bi latino northerner here, will Trump win or will America save itself? Need some anti-arzy. Sitting next to Trump supporters sets me off.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/compare/presidential_election_comparing_2016_2012_2008_2004.html
2012 was a closer election than this year.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/794558517717991426

That's, uh, not terribly reassuring.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

CascadeBeta posted:

Turn left thread! Left!

Jesus Christ, this.

What is with this thread and being utterly incapable of self-restraint or not dying on rhetorical hills for literally loving everything?

Whether it's mcmagic or... this poo poo, it's mindless and shits up the thread for another 50 pages, rendering it almost impossible to parse actual meaningful discussion from white noise.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

EugeneJ posted:

Thanks, D&D

Dude why are you always so loweffort with this poo poo? Its not hard to troll this thread if you try a little

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

EugeneJ posted:

Thanks, D&D

It's the age of the girl you idiot

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

Thanks, D&D

And the winner for Racist Troll of the Day is...*drumroll*

EugeneJ!

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

boner confessor posted:

Seriously Virginians, I want to forgive you for the civil war, but this poo poo makes it so hard.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

2017 will be when it comes out that the FBI is riddled with Russian agents.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

God that's hosed up. I wonder how many of them are fantasizing about a coup.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*as he is dragged to the leper's colony*

sssssssssssvvvvvvvvvvvv'sssssssss wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffffffffffffffffff--

when I'm president you're going to gitmo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Seems to really enjoy getting young people off I guess
lol nvm u alright

EugeneJ posted:

Thanks, D&D
look at this post

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

ImpAtom posted:

They couldn't find enough dirt Hillary Clinton. They're not going to suddenly discover Tim Kaine murdered a man in Georgia just to watch him die.
This doesn't help your point (which is otherwise correct).

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

boner confessor posted:

You know why that is? It's because your brain doesn't finish maturing until 25.

This is an actual biological thing.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I've worked in a DC lobbying firm.

It's organized bribery, but it's considered impolite to call it out as such. Also, something something cognitive dissonance mental gymnastics.

What type of firm did you work at? And were you actually lobbying (either contact or no contact)?

Because I was also working at a DC lobbying firm and people would joke about it but it is definitely not widespread or considered impolite.

The vast majority of lobbying work is not even contact lobbying, which is the public perception, so I find it odd that a DC lobbying firm would have that attitude unless you were a very rare contact heavy or specialty shop.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

teen witch posted:

I'm 25 and my sister is near this girl's age and I'm shaking mad. Who the gently caress just lets this skirt by.

Richmond is a weird loving city. Also, the honor of Murder Capital of Virginia trades back and forth between there and Roanoke.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

EugeneJ posted:

Thanks, D&D

Are you literally an idiot?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I was also working at a DC lobbying firm

This explains so much about why you shilled super hard for Citibank.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Agrajag posted:

It's the age of the girl you idiot

He was never convicted of anything

:abuela:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Jesus Christ, this.

What is with this thread and being utterly incapable of self-restraint or not dying on rhetorical hills for literally loving everything?

Whether it's mcmagic or... this poo poo, it's mindless and shits up the thread for another 50 pages, rendering it almost impossible to parse actual meaningful discussion from white noise.

Nobody has defended him. Nobody.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
I don't know if I'm getting this because I've clicked on various Trump-related links in this thread, or if it's just a blanket advertisement, but every time I've clicked on a Youtube video today I've had to sit through an insane attack ad of a voiceover about how suspicious the Clinton Foundation is, and a 'music video' of what I can only presume is a Republican fever dream of what they think the newfangled hippity-hop that them colored folk like so much is - 'Hillary' dancing in piles of money with a group of crude racial stereotypes representing Arabs, (((bankers))), etc, throwing bills around almost grinding on her:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GHth-bt0Qs
Like seriously, what the gently caress is this.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Just Offscreen posted:

Are you literally an idiot?

Yes, or he devotes enough time to portraying one here that the implications are the same

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

Thanks, D&D

Oh hey! It's today's idiot!

Do we corncob him now or does he have to perform for us a bit first?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Captain Fargle posted:

You know why that is? It's because your brain doesn't finish maturing until 25.

This is an actual biological thing.

Fine, so explain the last ten years of my life. Go on, I'm waiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Same here, buddy. :hf:

I'm only 27, but I already feel like shouting at college kids to get off my drat lawn. :argh:

I'm only 26, but I'm a grad student at a liberal school with a WHOLE LOT of white midwesterners, and I'm disappointed ... almost all the time.

• Locked thread