Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhukatah posted:

the Nazis weren't so bad
What in the world would make you think that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

pookel posted:

I don't understand his post at all despite having followed this thread for ages, but does he really think this is a thread of "popular" people? I assumed most of y'all had the same kind of horrifyingly traumatic and friendly school experiences as I did, like a lot of nerds do.

He believes that "popular" is some mystical quality that some people naturally possess and others never will, and "popular" people love to abuse and attack the unpopular people, and that this is the natural order of things which he comes out on the bad end of.

Furthermore, social justice is just a front for the "popular" people to attack the "unpopular" people. Social justice people on the internet are not, in fact, nerds, but popular people pretending to be nerds in order to infiltrate unpopular person spaces and attack them.

Now of course all this is just absurd tunnel-visioned nonsense, but it's not the rational part of his mind telling him it's true, and it's best to just lay off and hope he gets better himself, especially because any attempt to either critique or argue with him online is just going to reinforce his delusions. It's like gangstalkers.

In a best case scenario, the people he considers friends would be telling him all of this, but that certainly isn't going to happen because it's close enough to the kind of meta-level insights that LW loves that it mostly passes uncriticized.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I had a pretty normal high school experience, no crippling embarrassment or social ostracismz

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Vosgian Beast posted:

He believes that "popular" is some mystical quality that some people naturally possess and others never will, and "popular" people love to abuse and attack the unpopular people, and that this is the natural order of things which he comes out on the bad end of.

Furthermore, social justice is just a front for the "popular" people to attack the "unpopular" people. Social justice people on the internet are not, in fact, nerds, but popular people pretending to be nerds in order to infiltrate unpopular person spaces and attack them.

That's a South Park episode.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Cingulate posted:

That's a South Park episode.

Oh wow south park supporting conservative views of hating change like a Nurglite? Why am I not surprised.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Cingulate posted:

What in the world would make you think that?

jim says:
I and my wife were together since she was very young.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Legit though the takeaway I got from that was not that they were less bad so much as they are bad in a myriad of ways that people neglect and that were not wholly relevant to the discussion at hand.

ie, pedantry, not apologia.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

pookel posted:

I don't understand his post at all despite having followed this thread for ages, but does he really think this is a thread of "popular" people? I assumed most of y'all had the same kind of horrifyingly traumatic and friendless school experiences as I did, like a lot of nerds do.
Edit: friendless, not friendly.

We're talking about an MRA Gamergater LessWrong rationalist who appalled and horrified even the other rationalists with his apologia for Scott Adams. You would be hard pressed to find people who were not more popular.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

neongrey posted:

Legit though the takeaway I got from that was not that they were less bad so much as they are bad in a myriad of ways that people neglect and that were not wholly relevant to the discussion at hand.

ie, pedantry, not apologia.
I don't think "how bad were the Nazis?" is really a point that should be up for discussion amongst people who've enjoyed 1st world education ...

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

divabot posted:

We're talking about an MRA Gamergater LessWrong rationalist who appalled and horrified even the other rationalists with his apologia for Scott Adams. You would be hard pressed to find people who were not more popular.

Again, probably best to back off

Let's all bicker with Cingulate instead

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Again, probably best to back off

Let's all bicker with Cingulate instead
Ha, as if you would!

I wanted to contribute though.

Scott's Tumblr posted:

I think I’ve finally figured out the “why are there so many transwomen in the rationalist community”? question.
This site claims:
"There is the curious statistic that while transkids have as a group, average IQ=100, non-homosexual transsexuals exhibit, as a group, significantly higher IQ (127.9 in one clinical study), very unlikely to have happened by chance."
As far as I know most of the transwomen in our community are lesbians, and I think their “non-homosexual” thing is relative to assigned gender at birth, so I think we’re talking about the same demographic.
Average IQ in the rationalist community is 140 as per the survey. If we use our handy Normal Distribution Calculator, we find that about 21% of transwomen should have IQ 140 or above, compared to about 0.5% of cis people. So about 40x more transwomen should reach that IQ cutoff than cis people.
People keep saying the US is something like 0.3% trans. Depending on how low an estimate that is and how many of those people are the non-homosexual transsexuals the study is talking about, we can estimate that maybe like 5-10% of the community should be transgender, which is more or less what the survey found.
Also, whoa. If this is true, being transgender is the highest IQ boost of anything I know including the really awful things like torsion dystonia. The site theorizes that this is because only very high-IQ people have the financial/social resources to deal with transitioning, but that doesn’t make sense - only 3% of people have that IQ naturally, so that would have to mean that for every open transwoman there are 30 or so who want to transition but are still in the closet even if IQ mapped perfectly to level of resources which of course it doesn’t. Sorry, don’t believe it, your convenient social/environmental explanation is false.

You all know I secretly amlike Scott, but he's somehow capable of poo poo so stupid, you need to be really smart to actually do it; like here, assuming average IQ in the rationalist community is 140. I.e., that it is made out of one-in-a-thousand people on the scale of objective value as a human beingbeing good at solving tests.
Based on, of course, self report.

I HOPE YOU APPRECIATE THIS DIVABOT

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Cingulate posted:

Ha, as if you would!

I wanted to contribute though.

You all know I secretly amlike Scott, but he's somehow capable of poo poo so stupid, you need to be really smart to actually do it; like here, assuming average IQ in the rationalist community is 140. I.e., that it is made out of one-in-a-thousand people on the scale of objective value as a human beingbeing good at solving tests.
Based on, of course, self report.

I HOPE YOU APPRECIATE THIS DIVABOT

Isn't that 140 number from the survey where not a single person reported their IQ as lower than like 105? I'm glad Scott is still citing that ridiculous thing as if it were fact :allears:

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ate all the Oreos posted:

Isn't that 140 number from the survey where not a single person reported their IQ as lower than like 105? I'm glad Scott is still citing that ridiculous thing as if it were fact :allears:
Yup. I made an effortpost about it somewhere here, with histograms and stats and poo poo.

Edit: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3653939&userid=192152&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#post452649214

Cingulate has a new favorite as of 21:36 on Nov 1, 2016

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Actually I went to his drat source and read it because his quote sounded fishy and naturally he's kinda missing a huge chunk of the argument even on top of his completely wrong number.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Actually I went to his drat source and read it because his quote sounded fishy and naturally he's kinda missing a huge chunk of the argument even on top of his completely wrong number.
Ha, good find.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Cingulate posted:

I don't think "how bad were the Nazis?" is really a point that should be up for discussion amongst people who've enjoyed 1st world education ...

If we dont distinguish between rape rape even when its between acquainted people even when the woman was stupidly[putting herself in harms way and not rape then we are nothing but sand friend of the familys or black friend of the familys.As an alpha male I have had hundreds of opportunities to get away with soft rape, as a white gentleman I have never knowingly done so. There is such a thing and we know it when we see it hear it, If she saying no but not fighting too hard you have to slow down and ask ‘are you serious , do you want to or not” if shes too drunk to know what she wants you know that because the fact that you have to be biologically the instigator by definition you are a bit more sober herea little test if youre really unsure, does the sex stop when you stop, if you stop disrobing her does she fall asleep half dressed? maybe you beta faggots think its ok because you cant get anything otherwise well youre wrong and youre a disgrace if you act like a cad.If the society existed that you claim to want you would be outcasts.Feminism is not the problem preventing you from getting laid, lack of manliness is the problem. I have found feminists to particularly like be treated like – well I wont get into details but trust me sex with feminists is not like they describe where you get written permission every step of the way.
Heres the thing fake rape is a very real thing a danger to whats left of our system of justice to the protection of our young men the coupling and procreation of our people etc etc. when you make ridiculous statements you feed the enemy the exact ammunition they need. You may think oh so im just a blogger/commenter on some obscure blog in a political heresy no one even knows about so whats the harm. The harm is no one else is seriously critiquing things like the rape culture meme. at some point people will look here to see the other side of the case and find what? Rape doesnt exist? how about some friend of the familys rape your daughter sister mother wife? how about some frat boys do it? you know as well as I do frat boys,high school boys actually do this sometimes, yeah sure ,many many times its fake, sometimes its weak minded females losing control of a situation they were too stupid to know they were bound to lose control of. If you meet a girl like that and realize you can get her to give you sex almost like a slave and get her to meet you somewhere and figure shes too weak minded and willed etc to put of much of a defense if you have your bros show up suddenly- do you really think thats on her when shes too enamored of you stupid weak minded and willed and physically weak to resist all of you and too ashamed afterwards to do anything about it. Do you get what that does to a person, is she a person to you- do you also torture animals.Dont pretend you have never seen this behavior loving dolphins do it its chimp brain behavior thing is white men are not apes well some of us are not.
Im sure Illbe a attacked as a leftist yada yada but Im not Im farther right than any of you and have been since the late 70s not yesterday for the lulz, My women accept the yoke I put on their shoulders strong smart usually feminist women submit absolutely because those are my terms.I dont need to find weak minded low self esteem girls and soft rape them then blame them.You want to help untangle the sexual revolution attraction not promotion. learn to be a man.spend your time in the boring tedious work of figuring out how we can actually unwind the left ratchet on sexuality. It seems the plan is what just announce one day all women are chattel and hope they submit to your beta request- has that ever worked before?You need to figure out how to get them to acquiesce how we will differ from friend of the family patriarchy, how we can police the mistreatment of our sisters and daughters with out using feminism.We are fast approaching a time when a new order will be needed and reaction has waste the last decade larping faggotry.
as to this idea of a girl in every betas bed, yeah i dont totally dismiss it i get the civilizational advantages, I also get we are collapsing due to an abundance of faggotry these pajama boys and their neoreactionary equivalents are the offspring of betas being allowed to procreate.being of the resentful type of beta rather than the smug type doesnt make one less beta only the half of betas out of court.I suppose crispr could be used. I suppose a there would be some superficial manliness from a better run civilization but there is a real HBD problem here all alphas may lead to war it needs to be worked out its the real problem friend of the family IQ is not anymore the problem than feminism is the impediment to having women submit.

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007
Meanwhile, in a post borrowed from Fetlife's Darkest Wankdungeons...

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
http://www.newcriterion.com/articles.cfm/Stealing-history-3624

quote:

Stavros The Greek • 10 months ago
Afrocentrism and Out of Africa theory have been debunked. Get over it. Homo Africanus as you should be called mever inevted the wheel in all their great, glorious history. DNA and Haplo types along with mtDNA have proven than Africans are lower evolved homo subspecies. It is 2015, and technology has come so far. Africa is the primordial pool of scum. Petraolna Skull, along with teeth from Siberia, ZangMan found in Asia, along with many other new findings have proven OOA false and afrocentric ideology a fallacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Kagan

Donald Kagan's wiki posted:

Once a liberal Democrat, Kagan changed his views in 1969. According to Jim Lobe, cited by Craig Unger, Kagan's turn away from liberalism occurred in 1969 when Cornell University was pressured into starting a Black Studies program by gun-wielding militants seizing the Willard Straight Hall: "Watching administrators demonstrate all the courage of Neville Chamberlain had a great impact on me, and I became much more conservative."

oh. makes sense :v:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Race Realists posted:

According to Jim Lobe, cited by Craig Unger, Kagan's turn away from liberalism occurred in 1969 when Cornell University was pressured into starting a Black Studies program by gun-wielding militants seizing the Willard Straight Hall

Oh hey my mom was involved in that! She and her other hippie friends formed a human chain outside the hall to keep the police from storming the building and starting a firefight and it ended peacefully.

I am super proud that something my mom was involved in led to this terrible guy getting pissed for literal decades :3:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Oh hey my mom was involved in that! She and her other hippie friends formed a human chain outside the hall to keep the police from storming the building and starting a firefight and it ended peacefully.

I am super proud that something my mom was involved in led to this terrible guy getting pissed for literal decades :3:

That first guy was from the comments. The guy who's wiki I quoted wrote the OOA Debunk essay

Why is it that the only people who debunk Afrocentrism are themselves eurocentric? :iiam:

BornAPoorBlkChild has a new favorite as of 14:19 on Nov 2, 2016

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/paxdickinson/status/793633917031120896

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

"I'm a sub, not a dom"

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

https://twitter.com/Applied_Poetics/status/793634466015182849

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

The responses to Bhagwat's tweet are all people getting morally outraged that someone could possibly get morally outraged

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Based on "Bagwit," some of these guys could probably stand to study for the Apprentice Joke-Maker Entrance Exam, too.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I feel like Pax Dickinson has to really regret self-destructing the Duck Enlightenment twitter account before he did anything remotely relevant or memorable with it

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I rather think that Rhodesia and the Belgian Congo demonstrated that some people need to be ruled by outsiders.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I rather think that Rhodesia and the Belgian Congo demonstrated that some people need to be ruled by outsiders.

Agreed, the European countries should all be made into vassal states.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

MizPiz posted:

Agreed, the European countries should all be made into vassal states.

Seriously, King Leopold was at least 0.7 Hitlers worth of evil. How could this guy think the Belgian Congo supports his argument?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Zemyla posted:

Seriously, King Leopold was at least 0.7 Hitlers worth of evil. How could this guy think the Belgian Congo supports his argument?

Maybe he's pro-evil?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
we've spent so much time arguing about this gang of idiots, but maybe it really is just that simple.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I was looking at the article on Carlyle and thought "Why are these people so into him? He seems like a Standard English Thinky Man of his era," and then I found

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occasional_Discourse_on_the_Negro_Question

To paraphrase video game character Mr. House, "Is it so hard to not be goddamn loving racist as hell at literally every opportunity?"

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Nessus posted:

I was looking at the article on Carlyle and thought "Why are these people so into him? He seems like a Standard English Thinky Man of his era," and then I found

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occasional_Discourse_on_the_Negro_Question

To paraphrase video game character Mr. House, "Is it so hard to not be goddamn loving racist as hell at literally every opportunity?"

I like that he coined the phrase "The Dismal Science" to describe how dreary and boring economics was for thinking slavery could possibly be bad.

But when you get right down to it, Moldbug likes Carlyle because it fits his self image of a Serious Auto-Didact Who Reads Primary Sources and Carlyle's status has fallen far enough in the modern mind that Moldbug won't get any of THOSE PEOPLE contesting his understanding of Carlyle or claiming Carlyle for their own, so it gives him the pleasure of claiming to revive a forgotten genius. It could just as easily have been Herbert Spencer or some other forgotten English Thinky Man

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Zemyla posted:

When Rhodesia and the Congo are ruled by others, peace and prosperity ensue, followed by population increase beyond what their natural way of living can cope with. They become dependent on the white man, who needs to be needed. Next thing you know, massive overpopulation, famine, war, and boats full of Stygian retards crossing the Mediterranean, angrily demanding white pussy and welfare.

No, it is best to leave them in their natural state, where they can retain whatever measure of dignity and limited local competence their creator granted them, and trouble nobody but each other.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://twitter.com/ClarkHat/status/790487625702473728

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

When Rhodesia and the Congo are ruled by others, peace and prosperity ensue, followed by population increase beyond what their natural way of living can cope with. They become dependent on the white man, who needs to be needed. Next thing you know, massive overpopulation, famine, war, and boats full of Stygian retards crossing the Mediterranean, angrily demanding white pussy and welfare.

No, it is best to leave them in their natural state, where they can retain whatever measure of dignity and limited local competence their creator granted them, and trouble nobody but each other.

how do you not punch your computer screen?

mind you this is coming from a guy who occasionally goes on white nationalist/Alt-Right websites and twitters :v:

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
In which I call a bunch of people Nazis, because obviously that's going to make me even more friends. The totally-not-Nazi aspect of neofolk is not quite Dark Enlightenment, but it sure is tangential. Also, that Death In Rome live video is hilarious to play around people and wait for them to work out what's going on.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Wait, you're telling me that there is folk music derived from industrial music and the people who make it are loving Nazis?

This makes me - a former violinist, former industrial-loving goth, and current folk music lover - very, very sad. (Please tell me there's someone who makes this sort of music who is not a Nazi.)

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

pookel posted:

Wait, you're telling me that there is folk music derived from industrial music and the people who make it are loving Nazis?

This makes me - a former violinist, former industrial-loving goth, and current folk music lover - very, very sad. (Please tell me there's someone who makes this sort of music who is not a Nazi.)
Unsurprisingly considering Neofolk and Goth are possibly the worst music genres in the world, Nazi folk is terrible. Burzum and that kind of stuff is elevator music for people who find elevator music too stressful. Absolutely nothing of value is spoiled by the ideology here.

Just listen to The Slip again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

pookel posted:

Industrial music has been so tainted by nazis that it's literally the first thing I think of when I think "what does a neo-nazi listen to." I realize they're probably a small minority but they seem to really like it :shrug: