Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

glam rock hamhock posted:

I hate those Chevy ads so loving much.

On that note, another thing not helping WD2 is one of the ads I keep getting on youtube shows a bunch of horrible streamers acting overly excited and it just makes me want to never buy an Ubi product ever again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQlsN6EO2oU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
And yeah I agree Nintendo's method has been better.

Much as I didn't really like the whole 45 minutes of showing Pokemon, wish they trimmed that a bit down. Other than that? It was pretty drat good.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I posted the WD2 ad at the end of the last page. I don't know why you'd want to use streamers in your ads. Like the people that like streamers will see your game in the actual streams and to everyone else they are the worst people in existence.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I hate this. I haaateee it. I am of the opinion that you should not devote valuable space in your tiny little human heart to hatred of anything but issues that are most important to you but I can't stop itttt

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Snak posted:

How long after his death do you think the Tom Clancy brand is going to persist?

Only until they unplug his cyberbrain

Could be decades.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

I hate this. I haaateee it. I am of the opinion that you should not devote valuable space in your tiny little human heart to hatred of anything but issues that are most important to you but I can't stop itttt

I watched it without sound, so I didn't even get the bad part.

But...

How is that a game revealed this year? Those animations are seriously bad. A lot of them are probably place-holders, but still...

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I do feel Sony is slowly getting better at E3 though they still have that corporate stiffness that's hard to shake off. This year where they just showed games, and mostly live gameplay of those games was showing they are starting to get it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CJacobs posted:

OH NO NO NAAAAAO

AHHHHHHHH

WHOAAAAAA

AAARRRRRRRGHHH

EEEEE

WAIT FOR ME AHHHHH

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

the man loved video games

He would not stop calling.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Quest For Glory II posted:

OH NO NO NAAAAAO

AHHHHHHHH

WHOAAAAAA

AAARRRRRRRGHHH

EEEEE

WAIT FOR ME AHHHHH

My kryptonite :negative:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Did Tom Clancy give a poo poo about video games?

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

That sea is definitely made of water, not thieves

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Snak posted:

yeah, but he's basically a mascot, in a way that Tom Clancy isn't.

tom clancy is 100% a mascot. dude didnt even write novels for like a decade before he died but they came out anyway

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

also, tom clancy used to be a mark of quality co-op in videogames. you could always trust them to come with some cool cooperative mode even if the sp might be bad. this was true both for good games like chaos theory and bad games like hawx 2. GRAW and GRAW 2 on pc were rad as gently caress co-op games imho

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

tom clancy is 100% a mascot. dude didnt even write novels for like a decade before he died but they came out anyway

he's a brand, but his image isn't used. I feel like "mascot" always denotes an image or visual representation. I 100% agree that his name is used just to sell things, but I don't think it's the same thing as a mascot.

I could be wrong, that's just what I meant when I said that. "The Colonel" has "his face" plastered all over everything KFC related.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I think he counts as a mascot based on the fact that I know that he dresses like a fighter pilot despite not being sure where I exactly got that image of him.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"Snake... I'm not a colonel anymore." - Roy "Sanders" Campbell, Metal Gear Solid, 1998

edit: "Snak... I'm not a colonel anymore."

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

lol

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Snak posted:

I can assure you Tom Clancy gave every bit as much of a poo poo about video games as Tupac Shakur did about guest appearing on Kendrick Lamar albums.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

GREAT WATER

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

"Snake... I'm not a colonel anymore." - Roy "Sanders" Campbell, Metal Gear Solid, 1998

edit: "Snak... I'm not a colonel anymore."

It always takes me far too long to remember Colonel Trautman's name, because I'm just like "...it's Colonel Campbell".

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I read Tom Clancy's biography, he loved final fantasy, pokemon and had high praise for hideki kamiya

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

thehoodie posted:

That sea is definitely made of water, not thieves

It's the mathematical "of", so it's Sea multiplied by Thieves.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I think "Sea of Thieves" is a great title, because it gets to have a double meaning.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Just like how Uncharted 4's subtitle, "A Thief's End", could pertain to like 3/4ths of the cast for varying reasons.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MMF Freeway posted:

I think he counts as a mascot based on the fact that I know that he dresses like a fighter pilot despite not being sure where I exactly got that image of him.

Any promotional image of him you see is basically guaranteed to have him in aviators, or a naval baseball cap, or a bomber jacket, or some combo of all of them.

CJacobs posted:

Just like how Uncharted 4's subtitle, "A Thief's End", could pertain to like 3/4ths of the cast for varying reasons.

I thought it was because in a 3rd person game you're always looking at his butt.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
There was a Watch_Dogs2 ad I saw on YouTube and it was a bunch of short clips of nothing much happening (running, jumping, being shot at) and it ended with the line "Hack Everything". But there was no hacking being done in the trailer. I think it starts with the new protagonist bragging about all his superpowers but that he just uses a phone, but in none of the gameplay footage did they show that part of the game. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was a cover based shooter and have no idea what makes it special.

I never played WD1 and I'm not going to play WD2. It doesn't move the needle for me at all.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I like Ubisoft e3's because they are so dumb and over-the-top and Aisha Tyler makes it fun but I don't exactly watch to see what "cool games" they're releasing since UbiArts is their only good studio. Ubisoft may not be as hated as EA but trust in them is extremely low. If they're surprised people are wait-and-see about their games, they are not paying enough attention.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Give me the Tom Clancy mascot platformer.

What does he collect? Nukes?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Phantasium posted:

Give me the Tom Clancy mascot platformer.

What does he collect? Nukes?

Ghost writers.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Those little wings you get as a kid when you fly on an airplane.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nintendo's bringing back the Nintendo Power Line for their Mini NES launch.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Nintendo's bringing back the Nintendo Power Line for their Mini NES launch.

the most pointless product

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cool too bad they're like sold out everywhere already.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/shitpostbot5000/status/794592587550248961

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Snak posted:

He actually knew the technical info on all the consoles and could describe it in great detail

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I see NeoGAF gushing over and over about this game yet it has looked like mediocre garbage since its announcement and something no one would be paying attention to if the developer weren't Rare. Do people still believe the main developers involved in Banjo, Conker and Perfect Dark are still working at that company?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Hm, I like pirates. Maybe I should watch that trail-----

quote:

Mm, nope.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Watchdogs 2 will suck because they let you kill every enemy with drones from across the street in no danger as an overreaction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z5p5SceJLQ

• Locked thread