Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Does anyone here use this and can comment on it?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59721/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Personally, I can't wait for (the SKSE, of course) plugin that made it possible to have several categories of quickkey-bindings to be ported over. There's just so much stuff I wanna hotkey.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Lunethex posted:

Does anyone here use this and can comment on it?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59721/

Yeah. Use it. Just use it. It will be one of the single best fidelity improvements you can make to the game, and it comes with basically 0 performance cost. I avoided it because something similar for Oblivion basically crippled framerates into the realm of unplayable, even with the most modest options possible.

This isn't that. Well, it is, but it is that without the performance cost.

It also only looks intimidating to install, but you basically just run the tool and call it a day. Setup a pure vanilla (+ DLC)Mod Organizer profile. Then follow the directions in the video on the page you linked. This will get you the visual fidelity LOD improvement. You'll miss some MOD added structures, but if they don't already have their own LOD, it's probably not a big deal unless it is some huge obnoxious Dwemer cock and balls player home. At which point you can weigh how important it is to see that massive cock from a distance (very).

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

seeing a giant cock in the distance would be pretty inspiring

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I was surprised at how incredibly easy it was to set up and the difference is really significant. It's a great mod, use it.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Agents are GO! posted:

No idea about the patchers, you'd have to ask LtSmash (I think at least ASIS requires SKSE) but amidianborn works now, I'm using it.

What steps do I need to take to get Amidianborn working?

Edit: Also, one quality of life mod I could really use is to remove the need to carry a woodaxe to use chopping blocks.

Burns fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 4, 2016

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I was gonna try to actually get into this game with the release of the SE but I think that was a mistake. It's really bad without mods. I can wait for UI and hotkey mods but I'm getting tired of sliding my mouse of my desk whenever I try to aim with a bow or spells.

Can I change aim sensitivity settings for bows and channeled spells without mods? Is there even a reason to play the SE on PC?

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Mercrom posted:

Can I change aim sensitivity settings for bows and channeled spells without mods? Is there even a reason to play the SE on PC?

There should be settings in the ini files to tweak that, just google it and you'll find something that should work.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Mercrom posted:

I can wait for UI and hotkey mods but I'm getting tired of sliding my mouse of my desk whenever I try to aim with a bow or spells. Can I change aim sensitivity settings for bows and channeled spells without mods?
To get the obvious out of the way: Tried changing the mouse sensitivity? In the settings menu it's labelled as "Look Sensitivity" under Gameplay.
If you've already maxed that out and it's not high enough, you could try going to SkyrimPrefs.ini and increase fMouseHeadingSensitivity.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Burns posted:

What steps do I need to take to get Amidianborn working?

Edit: Also, one quality of life mod I could really use is to remove the need to carry a woodaxe to use chopping blocks.

Literally just install them into SSE like you would into original Skyrim.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I'm working on building a list of texture and gfx mods and all that jazz.

Should I bother with SMC or just go at it in MO like everything else?

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Nov 4, 2016

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Are there any MUST HAVE mods for SE yet that I've missed?

Right now I have:

UESP
Total Character Makeover (cleans up the lovely character models, still vanilla , but at least elves don't look like they got hit in the face with a bat)
Realistic Water Two
Alternate Start
Perk Points and Gold for Bounty Quests
Immersive Citizens AI Overhaul
Aurora - Standing Stones of Skyrim
Apocalypse - Magic Of Skyrim
Rich Skyrim Merchants -5x
Falskaar
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim
The Forgotten City
Lore Based Loading Screens
Rebalanced Levelled Lists
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Agents are GO! posted:

No idea about the patchers, you'd have to ask LtSmash (I think at least ASIS requires SKSE) but amidianborn works now, I'm using it.

Thanks for the response. I think I may try mostly-unmodded playthrough (i.e. USLEEP and a couple others), and come back to modding after things like ASIS and AV are up and running. I would love it if someone made an Automatic Variants for armor and weapons.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

no bones about it posted:

Immersive Citizens, and Open Cities (Arthmoor's oblivion gates besides). The former makes NPCs a lot more lively. The latter is just a matter of convenience now that the engine can handle it.

Run for your Lives. Open cities will make NPCs much more vulnerable to dragons. Immersive Citizens technically can handle this, but it's nice to have both.
When Vampire's Attack. Same deal, but other mods don't really have much of an impact.
Thunderchild is great for some shout variety/collect-a-thon.
Modern Brawl Bug Fix, because when you start stacking more and more mods, the chances for the brawl system to break and turn into a 'real' fight grows.

If you're going to gently caress around as a vampire, get Better Vampires.
If you're looking for dungeon quest mods, go grab Trainwiz's stuff.

True Storms, because it seems more compatible, and doesn't do anything too strange. Vivid Weathers has some incredible weather types, but I prefer TS simple but effective approach of just making vanilla weathers more distinct.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Kinda wish ps4 wasn't limited to mods that can only use assets already found in the game. I want to play as my oc dragonborn, Goku with a keyblade

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lmao Arthmoor is such a pretentious toolbag, I just killed Mirulmir or whatever the first dragon is and the dragon goes "Dovakiin, noooo!" when you kill it. What a loving idiot. When did he add that to the UESP?

Orv
May 4, 2011
That's uh, vanilla.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Kiggles posted:

True Storms, because it seems more compatible, and doesn't do anything too strange. Vivid Weathers has some incredible weather types, but I prefer TS simple but effective approach of just making vanilla weathers more distinct.

There's a compatibility patch out for Vivid Weathers + True Storms already. Plus the game looks pretty darn fantastic with those weathers (and a bit of tweaking with ReShade):

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

no bones about it posted:

Right now I have:

Personally I love Imperious - Races of Skyrim to massively increase the flavor of racial abilities. Also Vivid Weathers looks amazing.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Inepta Lacerta posted:

There's a compatibility patch out for Vivid Weathers + True Storms already. Plus the game looks pretty darn fantastic with those weathers (and a bit of tweaking with ReShade):

Hey, that Reshade doesn't look like a colorblind person made it, what is it?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Inepta Lacerta posted:

This all looks pretty good. Can you give us your ReShade info?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Orv posted:

That's uh, vanilla.

It's not. Arthmoor himself recorded that line and added it into the Unofficial Skyrim patch. The mod Shut Up, (Dragon name) was made specifically to remove that one line of dialog, because gently caress that guy.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I'm not sure if I would consider Open Cities all that necessary. It takes me like half a second to load into the cities now, and the mod requires more compatibility patches than any other mod I've seen.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Crappy Jack posted:

It's not. Arthmoor himself recorded that line and added it into the Unofficial Skyrim patch. The mod Shut Up, (Dragon name) was made specifically to remove that one line of dialog, because gently caress that guy.

Huh, has USKP really been around that long that I remember that as normal? poo poo, loving time is awful.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Crappy Jack posted:

Arthmoor himself recorded that line
No, he didn't.

Orv posted:

Huh, has USKP really been around that long that I remember that as normal? poo poo, loving time is awful.
The line itself is vanilla. The English version doesn't have the actual voice file for it (so it would only show up as subtitles if you had those enabled) while other languages do, so the USKP team decided it was a bug and added crappy voice acting for it. It's already been in the USKP for nearly 4 years.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 4, 2016

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Orv posted:

Hey, that Reshade doesn't look like a colorblind person made it, what is it?

wiegieman posted:

This all looks pretty good. Can you give us your ReShade info?

Thanks - it's my own setup and well, if you insist. :3:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-x_cjkb4BNQSGZFeUdZR19qdTQ

Orv
May 4, 2011
Alright yeah, the internet tells me that line is vanilla as there are posts about it before USKP existed, so :shrug:

Good on you for having some aesthetic sense. Thanks.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Orv posted:

Good on you for having some aesthetic sense. Thanks.

No problem. If you want to tweak it further, the relevant entries are in ReShade\Presets\Default\Shaders_by_CeeJay.cfg and Shaders_by_Ganossa.cfg.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

FutonForensic posted:

I'm not sure if I would consider Open Cities all that necessary. It takes me like half a second to load into the cities now, and the mod requires more compatibility patches than any other mod I've seen.

I agree with Futon; it's a nice thing if you want to commit to never changing anything else about cities ever, but it's a giant mess of compatibility hell waiting to happen. And we all know everyone's mod lists are going to expand as more mods get ported or developed for SE.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

USSEP.

When I saw "UESP" linked as a mod I wondered if people had somehow managed to put the wiki in mod form.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Is there an automated load order optimizer available for Special Edition? Mod Organizer had one integrated but now I use NMM and it doesn't seem to have a magic button to sort load order, or at least I can't find it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
SE does pretty well automagically with mods off the Bethesda site but otherwise you're going to have to read mod pages and readmes real carefully for the moment.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

It helps that we don't really have the accumulated cruft of mods that all do a variation on the same thing that we have with Oldrim, right now we just have the mods with people crazy enough to get them up and running in the first week.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Trogdos! posted:

Is there an automated load order optimizer available for Special Edition? Mod Organizer had one integrated but now I use NMM and it doesn't seem to have a magic button to sort load order, or at least I can't find it.

The dev versions of loot work for SSE already, if you're feeling brave. https://bintray.com/wrinklyninja/loot/LOOT

Haven't had any issues with it so far. Just make sure you close NMM before you apply LOOTs changes, or they won't take.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Trogdos! posted:

NMM has BOSS and LOOT support, so if you have LOOT you can use that to automagically load order your stuff.

SSE technically is a new game, but the mod order lists from LOOT should still be valid, as pretty much every mod is directly carried forward from Skyrim.

E: They haven't patched LOOT to accept SSE as a valid game so RIP that idea. Once they patch it though it should work fine though.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 4, 2016

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
So as someone who hasn't played Skyrim since 2011 and with the release of remastered, is there a comprehensive list anywhere of mods that have been updated to work with the new remastered or do I have to click through all the OP mods list and check to see if they are updated yet?

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So as someone who hasn't played Skyrim since 2011 and with the release of remastered, is there a comprehensive list anywhere of mods that have been updated to work with the new remastered or do I have to click through all the OP mods list and check to see if they are updated yet?

As much as it hurts to link to it, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/ only has ported mods, rather than a mix of the two.

(I misread what you asked, but at least it makes it a bit easier to find out what's been ported and not.)

Inepta Lacerta fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 4, 2016

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

I bet if you put this up as a config on the Nexus it would hit file of the month, no lie. Gonna check this out tonight.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Gotta check each one unfortunately. This SE thing wasn't something I was able to account for! But a confirmation of which have been updated might be something useful to try...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

e: well that's the wrong thread