Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

AirRaid posted:

This is true, but if you do well it's goddamn hilarious how fast you can level up. Even without Double XP I can go nearly one level every 2 matches (or better), simply because Win/Good Performance/Match Complete is 3 Merits, and you only need 2 more from guns or titans or something to make up the extra. If you have a really great match you can level up a weapon a couple of times, probably level a titan too because you're earning them and earning cores real fast. 6 or 7 merits from a match is really doable.
I've been leveling up quick, yes, because as frustrated as I have been I'm still (at least in most matches) ending up on the top half of my team in score most of the time.

I still really don't like not being able to counter abilities others have simply because they have been playing more than I have. I also need to get used to not being able to hear footsteps like in Overwatch. I get killed by people running around behind me more often than I should because I'm used to being able to hear them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Ran into my first blatant hacker last night. He was running the devotion and holy crap that thing is NUTS if all you do is land headshots.

He still lost :smugdog:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Kenshin posted:

I've been leveling up quick, yes, because as frustrated as I have been I'm still (at least in most matches) ending up on the top half of my team in score most of the time.

I still really don't like not being able to counter abilities others have simply because they have been playing more than I have. I also need to get used to not being able to hear footsteps like in Overwatch. I get killed by people running around behind me more often than I should because I'm used to being able to hear them.

Just so you know, because of regeneration, there will be lots of people who have played more than you but actually have access to less stuff.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
The dynamic resolution setting is loving AWESOME tech console folks have had and I now I want it on every PC game, y'all check it out. I had knocked a couple settings down for annoying framerate drops, was still getting them when they patched dynamic res in and now I use that to keep things real smooth without having to tinker around forever finding that perfect high settings vs framerate balance. I can tell when it kicks in cause (more distant?) stuff gets a little blur but I'll take what looks like a half second of DoF over hitching any day of the week.

Heads up, it's resetting to 60 for the target framerate for me every game launch.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

Just so you know, because of regeneration, there will be lots of people who have played more than you but actually have access to less stuff.
What does this mean

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Songbearer posted:

[ASK] me about being the only one who believed

Would you say that you're devoted to Devotion?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Knifegrab posted:

I want to say Ion's vortex shield is bad. Its ok at getting the enemy to stop fighitng you for a bit, but anyone with any ounce of brain power isn't going to give you bullets/missiles you can throw back at them so whats even the point?

Yeah it's not great, I think the Vortext from TF1 was able to absorb much more damage than this one. Luckily there are still plenty of pubs that don't have a lot of brain power. :downs:

Still haven't pried myself away from Ion to use the other Titans enough, getting Goosers with Ion is way too much of fun and a lot easier to pull off than the other Titans.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 4, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mordja posted:

Nope. Attrition or Bounty Hunt. You'll get a game in seconds.

It helps that those two (especially BH) are the best game modes by far

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Kenshin posted:

What does this mean

When you hit level 51 in game you have the option to "regenerate". It will take your pilot to gen 2 the first time, then gen 3 the second etc. When you regenerate your pilot starts at level 1 agian. Your weapons/titans and camos keep all their unlocks but will be locked from pilot use as if you were starting on a new account again.

So for instacne I have put a lot of time in the game, but I am gen 2 so I actually have a pretty limited amount of weapons/abilities available to me. If you buy things with merits instead of unlocking them with levels they will be available to you forever however.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Ciaphas posted:

I've come around a lot on BH after initially absolutely hating it in the Tech Test, but dang.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Which is unfortunate because this game feels like it would be a lot more fun with Battlefield sized point-control maps with 12v12 matches

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Kenshin posted:

So is Maphack just the best ability by far?

I was just playing a round and it seemed like everyone on the enemy team had it and I (and most of my teammates) would just die before we could see the enemy. No warning, I'd pop around a corner running at full speed along walls and BAM some rear end in a top hat kills me from a rooftop across the map.

It literally says "Maphack Detected" on your HUD.

Kenshin posted:

Wonderful. I just started playing last night and since I can't get any of these abilities so far this is significantly less fun than Overwatch because I don't have access to the tools all these other players do.

It's fine if you don't like the game, but I mean if any of your teammates are running Map Hack then you also get it when they activate it.

You absolutely don't need to use the Sonar Grenade thing or anything like that. I never do, but I do run MH.

Also like others said you can just buy it with a few space bucks after playing for a few hours.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Wazzit posted:

Yeah it's not great, I think the Vortext from TF1 was able to absorb much more damage than this one. Luckily there are still plenty of pubs that don't have a lot of brain power. :downs:
It's me

I'm that retard

I'm just so used to hammering down the other shields I sometimes forget that you can't do that to the Vortex

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm in my 30s (and still terrible!) but I don't think I'll be regening my pilot anytime soon. I'm still floating between loadouts, giving weapons until about level 11 before trying another. So far I've been digging the autoshotty and Flatline the most, though I actually think the SMR ain't too bad in some situations. Could use a tiny bit more splash, maybe.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Kenshin posted:

Which is unfortunate because this game feels like it would be a lot more fun with Battlefield sized point-control maps with 12v12 matches

No way. More people is not always more better. 6v6 is great and means each individual person can make a large contribution, you don't spend a ton of time getting back into the fight, and Titans and stuff don't just get blitzed down immediately by a thousand things shooting at them all at once.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
dubble post

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Lemming posted:

No way. More people is not always more better. 6v6 is great and means each individual person can make a large contribution, you don't spend a ton of time getting back into the fight, and Titans and stuff don't just get blitzed down immediately by a thousand things shooting at them all at once.

Yeah, I think 6v6 is plenty. Even 8v8 feels way too chaotic. The old PC gaming mantra of more players = better has never been true.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
So Coliseum is lots of fun but man I'm not very good at it

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Only thing I think Hardpoint lacks are AIs (just basic grunts and spectres) to fill the map a little.
Also have them able to interact with the control point like they did in the original.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

radintorov posted:

Only thing I think Hardpoint lacks are AIs (just basic grunts and spectres) to fill the map a little.
Also have them able to interact with the control point like they did in the original.

Yeah, there should be ai in every game mode pretty much, they're great

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

radintorov posted:

I've probably said this like a million times but I really miss having AI in all the game modes in the first game and is the #1 reason I stick to attrition in this one, whereas in the first game my most played game mode was Hardpoint.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The game just needs some more cool maps and frontier defense

also bodykits for your titan

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I want to put a spoiler on my titan please and thank you.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/794628600355950592

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Ha, I was just going to post that I've been giving other titans a shot but I have no idea how to survive or do any damage at all in anything other than Tone. Scorch I feel like could use a damage or rate of fire upgrade for his primary attack.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Same, I used Tone all through the (truly excellent, played through on Hard and it felt just perfectly balanced) singleplayer campaign, and it's what I've been using in MP because it's the only one that feels reliably good. (though I don't have the chaingun one yet and don't have enough points to unlock it)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Boo, I'd rather they buff the other Titans rather than nerf Tone & Legion.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

What folder does this game put screenshots in?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I think I like Scorch more than Legion but despite being on a heavy chassis, you gotta play it more guerrilla. Stick and move and never go out into the open.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Mordja posted:

I think I like Scorch more than Legion but despite being on a heavy chassis, you gotta play it more guerrilla. Stick and move and never go out into the open.

Yeah this. It's counter-intuitive but Scorch is all about the hit and run/peekaboo game.

GentlemanGiant
Jan 6, 2013

Daztek posted:

The game just needs some more cool maps and frontier defense

also bodykits for your titan

They said they are adding prime versions of Ion and Scorch in December with new sounds/executions. I hope they also have spinners.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Is everything amped by a-wall? Like archer rockets, thunder balls, epgs?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Lemming posted:

Honestly I think even 6v6 is too many on most maps, at least once the titans start rolling out--especially that midgame point where it's four or five titans a side for a while

5v5 seems to hit a good sweet spot

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Mill Village posted:

What folder does this game put screenshots in?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Titanfall2\r2\screenshots

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Xbox dudes I should be on tonight. Let's show activision how dead cod is.

Sexy Randal
Jul 26, 2006

woah
Three nights in a row I've only had time for like one game, and three nights in a row it gives me Crash Site. Why do you hate me Respawn?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sexy Randal posted:

Three nights in a row I've only had time for like one game, and three nights in a row it gives me Crash Site. Why do you hate me Respawn?

I'd rather have Crash Site than Homestead tbh

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

Is everything amped by a-wall? Like archer rockets, thunder balls, epgs?
EVERYTHING.
Yes, even the Smartpistol.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

radintorov posted:

EVERYTHING.
Yes, even the Smartpistol.

Does it kill in two shots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Does it kill in two shots?
From what I've read, yes. Yes it does.
I haven't tested it myself yet because I like running other kits and boosts, but this is what I've read. :v: