Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

weed really ups the "holy poo poo how are they loving doing that" factor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbndgwfG22k

e: like in concept I know how he's doing that but it's still pretty :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

weed really ups the "holy poo poo how are they loving doing that" factor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbndgwfG22k

e: like in concept I know how he's doing that but it's still pretty :aaaaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlOh-NqBttc

how to do this involves a contract signed in blood and a blood sacrifice to a certain mesopotamian deity

americong
May 29, 2013

poverty goat posted:

how to do this involves a contract signed in blood and a blood sacrifice to a certain mesopotamian deity

is it the one in ur av

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

poverty goat posted:

This guy is pretty ridiculous, but I think this sounds much nicer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfW7mq3VgoA

when he switches to the bassline at like 1:30 in :swoon:

you know you're good when you can get a crowd of music professionals to rock out at a music professionals tradeshow

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Nov 4, 2016

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

So there is a compassion club in the city I'm living (I live in Winnipeg Canada) in that sells medical marijuana cards. I'm pretty sure these aren't legit, but it's been operating for a few years and my buddy frequently goes there are buys $100+ worth of product and they've never been hassled by cops or shut down yet.

Anyone know what the deal is? Are the cards or business legit?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fried Watermelon posted:

So there is a compassion club in the city I'm living (I live in Winnipeg Canada) in that sells medical marijuana cards. I'm pretty sure these aren't legit, but it's been operating for a few years and my buddy frequently goes there are buys $100+ worth of product and they've never been hassled by cops or shut down yet.

I'm assuming they telecall some doctor who gives you the card and they also operate the dispensary?

I thought there was medical weed in Canada... why are you pretty sure they aren't legit?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Fried Watermelon posted:

no they aren't legit

im sure they have been shut down a dozen times and just reopen the next day, like the clubs in toronto or vancouver

right now nobody in canada really gives a gently caress and they expect any charges they get to just magically go away when weed is made legal

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
the only way for a patient in canada to get marijuana is through the mail from a licensed provider, or (since august) we can grow for ourselves again under the new ACMPR

e: heres a good video with some of the law dudes who won recent cases talking about whats going on in Canada right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz3RCL8JsnA

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why don't they just let you buy it at the store like a regular person come on Canada get it together.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Moridin920 posted:

Why don't they just let you buy it at the store like a regular person come on Canada get it together.

"the children" might get a hold of weed

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
looking forward to the 'children of the corn' remake 'children of the weed'

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

I'm assuming they telecall some doctor who gives you the card and they also operate the dispensary?

I thought there was medical weed in Canada... why are you pretty sure they aren't legit?

Health Canada says Compassion Clubs are not legal and the guy who gives you the card is not a doctor

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Got some Mango zig-zag wraps on lunch so I wouldn't have to stop on my way home and now I am fiending; save me weed jeebus!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
weed jesus gets those high who get high themselves

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
he canoe'd for our roachs

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
the whole "get a card" thing is some sort of legal maneuver where they pretend the people buying weed are members of a private club and not a business

they copied it off of the dry counties down in the states like arkansas, where instead of bars, they have "private clubs" where you pay the bouncer 10 dollars to get in and now you can buy alcohol (as a member of the private club)

i also went to a byob strip club because they cant serve, that was lol

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

weed jesus killed the bowl with a mouth full of ash for our sins

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
im an actual patient in canada and there is no "medical card", if i buy my weed it comes with a prescription label on the bottle like it would have for any other drug

if i grow it i need to get a license from the gov that spells out how much i can possess and store, etc

* - the LP actually sent me a card with sign up kit but it doesn't mean any more than a pet valu rewards card does

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

reallivedinosaur posted:

i also went to a byob strip club because they cant serve, that was lol

That sounds loving awesome actually, seeing as how strip club drinks are like $13 a pop.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I'm sitting round my girlfriend's place with her and her two housemates. Both housemates are nerds who don't smoke weed so we're sitting here sober.
I'm wishing i stayed home.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
why does them not smoking weed prevent you from smoking weed?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Comedy answer: because it's rude to be smoking pot in an indoor environment next to others who don't smoke

Realistic answer: because being sober beats having to deal with 2 nerds bitching about the smoke and trying to convince you it's bad for you/evil.whatever

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
well yeah i didn't mean smoke inside right next to em just pop out on the balcony or something

but yeah if they're gonna be assholes about it then i see why you'd not

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
There's still this stigma that a lot of people have that weed is bad for you regardless of what the law says and blah blah blah. I was on a camping trip one time and told my group I was going to light up a bowl and they were laughing like I was joking, but I pulled out my bowl and hit it and they were all like "omg dude I didn't think you were serious, please stand over there or something I don't wanna be affected by the smoke". I had to stop chilling with those guys because they spend all their time bonding on camping trips and staying sober instead of getting hosed up and getting laid like any 20-something year old wants to do.

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Got some Maui Waui dabs waiting for me at home.

Considering picking up some dissilate aka 'clear' from my guy. I tried that poo poo and it is crazy, gets you messed up and no smell of flavor since they remove all the terpins.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

a bone to pick posted:

There's still this stigma that a lot of people have that weed is bad for you regardless of what the law says and blah blah blah. I was on a camping trip one time and told my group I was going to light up a bowl and they were laughing like I was joking, but I pulled out my bowl and hit it and they were all like "omg dude I didn't think you were serious, please stand over there or something I don't wanna be affected by the smoke". I had to stop chilling with those guys because they spend all their time bonding on camping trips and staying sober instead of getting hosed up and getting laid like any 20-something year old wants to do.

Why not do the best of both worlds and get hosed up and bond on camping trips

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Kelp Me! posted:

Comedy answer: because it's rude to be smoking pot in an indoor environment next to others who don't smoke

Realistic answer: because being sober beats having to deal with 2 nerds bitching about the smoke and trying to convince you it's bad for you/evil.whatever

Both of these. Status: still not high. Hopingbto change that in an hiur or so :(

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Just start smoking and pretend to have a coughing fit every time one of them tries to berate you

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
:sever:

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

So they just prance around the forest completely sober and they think your the weird one?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Doctor says he is unable to give me a script as the legislation isnt in place yet. He was very sympathetic and understanding and said that clinical trials that i can be a part of are about two years away.

He was like " there is no medicine i can prescribe that can beat what you are self medicating with, keep doing what you are doing and check back in a year or two and to keep an ear to the ground."

Rad guy

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Jestery posted:

Doctor says he is unable to give me a script as the legislation isnt in place yet. He was very sympathetic and understanding and said that clinical trials that i can be a part of are about two years away.

He was like " there is no medicine i can prescribe that can beat what you are self medicating with, keep doing what you are doing and check back in a year or two and to keep an ear to the ground."

Rad guy

Hook us up with some of that lab weed in two years.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I got a couple perk 10s to supplement my weed tonight cause it's friday and i havent chipped on opiates in a long time now

gonna play doom and dip all night probably :getin:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Hook us up with some of that lab weed in two years.

Sure thing bud

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hey weed thread I'm back and baked :unsmith:

Going with a bunch of people to the Sia concert here in Houston and I have no idea what to expect but me and my close bud smoked bud and no matter what we're going to have a great time

hope you dudes are all high too and having a good night :)

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Sia is cool and I like her

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
what are some good Sia songs I've never hear any of her music before I don't think

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

There is a song called breathe or something that was pretty good. This is like artistic dance and poo poo with lights, this is so strange but entertaining, happy I'm loving baked

Although lol I don't think they had good ticket sales because they upgraded our awful seats to lower level in a badass spot

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

This is the Sia song everybody knows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRfuAukYTKg

Not my style but she's pretty solid live. I worked a show of hers once, it was p. cool because her opener was Ximena Sarinana (did the vocals for a bunch of Omar Rodriguez-Lopez's ((guy from the Mars Volta)) solo stuff) and Omar was hanging out on the mezzanine watching the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAUy0L9ZRmM

(Even if you don't care about the music in the video, click it and fast forward to 3:55 if you've ever wondered what someone looks like when the poo poo-ton of acid they took an hour ago kicks in all at once) (but you should listen to it if you're blazed because it's p. awesome)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

thathonkey posted:

what are some good Sia songs I've never hear any of her music before I don't think

I like "Cheap Thrills"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1b22l1kFKY

it's a really simple song but really catchy :shrug: