Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
So is this a good pull?

Bloody Mary x4
Alexander
Dark Angel Olivia x2
Enstatued Sereph
Tsubaki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
:yeah:

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Gettin on up :dance:

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck...77S.6477S.645Pw

Look at this deck, it's so freaking good it's basically a constructed deck

Except I went 4-1 because the one lost I drew all 3 Canoness including the last two during the 8th and 9th turn despite having the other guy on 1hp left for like 3 turns

So I think the take away from this is to not pick haven for take2

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I loving hate playing as Runecraft, the last chapter of story mode was a pain in the rear end with my half-assed deck.

I finally managed to win because the Dragoncraft dude didn't set anything for 3 turns and I got really lucky with my draws.

But even then it was a chore and only possible due to having Olivia to give me more evolution points and the AI running out of cards.

I had a massive grudge against the AI so I chose to play Satan instead of ending, destroyed every loving card he played, used 2 Dises to heal myself back, and got him down to 1 HP before hitting him with the 13 ATK follower for overkill.

I might have won that final battle, but in the end, nobody really won this war.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
summon pegasus sucks and love's gospel is pretty garbage, I probably wouldn't be that happy with that deck honestly. you can get some broken draws but you are also likely to get draws that just can't grab board control

sometimes you just aren't offered a good curve :smith:

the main thing in take two is your deck is way more strongly affected by bad cards than good cards.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Nov 4, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Good thing those two cards weren't in the deck I listed or else I wouldn't have went 4-1

Went 4-1 with a swordcraft deck that had like 8 2-drops, 7 5-drops, 3 3-drops and 2 4-drops (swordsman and royal banner) with no floral fencers but had white paladin, aurelia, alexander and olivia. The olivia never saw play and my only lost came from being otohime'd and not being able draw my pally, saber or alexander.

Tonight was a good take2 night after yesterdays 0-5 disaster :unsmith:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I've been offered Lord of the Flies in all three of my drafts so far :pwn:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

inthesto posted:

Yeah, every time I go Shadow in Take Two there's always a Lord of the Flies, never any Cerb.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
So now that I've finished building the basic sword aggro deck, I'm looking to build the banner deck since it seems a little more robust at the cost of a few extra uncommons and bumping the mana curve up a little.

Is there a list of garbage rares and legendaries that I can turn to liquid safely without any regrets? I'm not gonna go nuts and liquefy everything outside of my faction of choice, but there has to be high rarity trash that isn't worth keeping, even "just in case".

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I faced basically constructed Elana's Prayer in arena.

It waited until I drafted another potential 5-0 sword deck to show up and jumped me on my first game.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Incidentally, is it worth putting in anti-amulet tech cards just for things like that? I noticed that there are a decent number of decks where the win condition is "have an amulet out".

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Clarste posted:

Incidentally, is it worth putting in anti-amulet tech cards just for things like that? I noticed that there are a decent number of decks where the win condition is "have an amulet out".

There's realistically only two playable anti-amulet cards in the game. Everything else is either too cost inefficient or requires clunky conditionals.

Petrification if you're playing Earth Rite Rune, (There's also a Dimension Shift variant that techs in Scrap Iron to combo Petrification.) and Odin, but only slow control decks even run him.

If you're not Runecraft and/or don't have Odin, I wouldn't bother with it.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I've won lots of games because of Dance of the Dead's 2 damage. I can only think of one where I lost because Dance of the Dead wasn't Execution, re: amulets. PTP won't play its titular card until the combo is out. Tons of amulets are bad to Execute. We really could use some banish options but it's probably hard to make playable ones that don't ruin Haven entirely.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 4, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
that web page is confusing :colbert: :blush:. I didn't realize the main page was just every card in haven

I also really don't like heretical inquiry or featherwyrm's descent and Elana's is a bit too inconsistent for my tastes.

inthesto posted:

lord of the flies is pretty great but you have to have some options to adjust for it not always fixing your board with the fanfare bug insect

Also in Take Two I'd be happy to take Execute over Dance of the Dead (of course the real decider would be the card paired with either card) unless I were leaning aggressive. Having an out to Leonidas amulet or Polyphonic Roar is really nice.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Nov 4, 2016

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Fanfare bug?

Unless you mean the literal insect it summons when it enters the battlefield.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah the bug it fanfares.

Maybe I should have called it an insect :v:

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Seems like the twitter campaign isn't going as well as they expected, so they've adjusted the numbers.

We're currently at 600k followers (combined) for 4 tickets, and every further 50k (instead of 100k) will get us another one.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I assume the answer is no, but do wins in private take two games count toward missions, achievements or any of that? I know they obviously don't give you a reward chest but it'd be nice to clear my bloodcraft wins or something without having to slam 300 unranked games hoping to get lucky.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

No, except for the mission that's specifically "Win a private match"

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Does dshift have any hope against ptp forest? They don't seem to have to even commit anything to the board, leaving most of your cards dead.

edit: Just had another of the same matchup and I guess the guy just never drew his key card because he did nothing and let me walk all over him until he disconnected.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 4, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Guys, I have a billion dragon missions and no dragon team or experience

Can anybody link me to a cheapo dragon deck for babbys?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

trucutru posted:

https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/face-dragoncraft Maybe try this without Forte? Swap in some cheap burn or other storm minions? It won't be nearly as good but decks going straight for the face will get free wins once in a while anyway.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

forte is an auto-3x in every dragon list ever, but try using a face list and subbing forte out for that 4/4 common which gains storm if you have overflow; if you're below B rank you should do well enough and the deck has no golds/legendaries other than forte

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
some notes on the differences between those lists:

- people go back and forth on whether dragonnewt scholar is any good in face dragon, but you should drop it unless you have 3 already, just because it's gold and all its prospective replacements are silver/bronze
- if you do drop the scholar, you should also drop wildfang dragonnewt for obvious reasons; sandstorm dragon or dragonrider are the natural substitutes
- dance of death is not commonly played in face dragon primarily because you really really really want your 5-drop to be a discounted forte, but if you're not using forte you may want to find some space for dance instead

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Take Two just feels massively unbalanced towards Swordcraft. Every single loss I've had feels like it was completely out of my control because every single follower they can draft gets card advantage or board advantage on play and even if you do somehow cut through it they just drop Leonidas and end you.

EDIT: To make this post less bitching more content, is there a good Lord Atomy deck out there? I've got 3 of the old guy and kinda want to use him.

legoman727 fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 4, 2016

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I hate how Shadowverse arena is just like Hearthstone arena but even worse with its rewards. "Oh, you managed an 80% winrate? Lol enjoy not getting enough gold to pay for another run scrub." Hearthstone was bad enough and at least you 'only' need ~70% winrate to go infinite there.

Also yeah meeting a 4 - 0 Swordcraft deck for your last game, feels like you might as well GG unless your deck is packed with mass removal/beefy taunts and healing. Curved out perfectly with my Havencraft deck with which I'd steamrolled the previous games, and the guy still had a full board and me down to 10 health by turn 4. Almost stabilized because I did get taunts and heals but no dice.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
drat i just got wrecked to 4-1 on a solid run with an average shadow deck. when your opponent has mist dragon and forte and your deck is removal light, the game is not going to look good

my pack had an animated lucifer though, so clearly the game acknowledges my efforts.

legoman727 posted:

Take Two just feels massively unbalanced towards Swordcraft. Every single loss I've had feels like it was completely out of my control because every single follower they can draft gets card advantage or board advantage on play and even if you do somehow cut through it they just drop Leonidas and end you.

sword is good at trading up and grabbing early momentum but they have to spend a lot more resources than some other classes (mostly looking at shadow and dragon here) to re-establish board control.

sure leonidas is always a thing that can come up but that means your deck just has to be able to turn the corner relatively quickly in the 2 turns it takes for him to come online, most other good late drops are that strong too if you don't put enough pressure on the opponent (looking at polyphonic roar, mordecai, olivia)

that said i've never gone worse than 3-2 with the worst sword decks imaginable so it's probably a little stronger than non-shadow classes.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 4, 2016

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Is Erasmus worth keeping around at all? I don't see him listed on any of the runecraft decks, and I've got two copies of the guy.

I really wouldn't miss one copy of it to finish up the banner sword deck.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
he's good on paper but rune just doesn't have any sort of coherent lategame control plan that doesn't just involve d-shift right now; he's definitely a card that could end up seeing use when the next expansion hits but not before

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I got an animated one in my intro packs. I figure any dude that looks awesome as gently caress and has a continuing board effect that starts the turn he lands is worth keeping a while.

I ran into a Juno's Secret Lab deck in unranked. I beat it but it took me getting pretty lucky on a sequence of spells for me to outlast 2 of those things staggered a turn apart and then win with Dshifts. Was that some rogue brew or is there actually a Juno deck going around? I assume actual creature-focused decks kind of dunk all over it, but I've got no experience to speak to it one way or the other.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Reiterpallasch posted:

he's good on paper but rune just doesn't have any sort of coherent lategame control plan that doesn't just involve d-shift right now; he's definitely a card that could end up seeing use when the next expansion hits but not before

Good to know. One of them is has now been converted into two copies of Conscription and two copies of Ruthless Assassin.

Is there anything I really need to know about banner sword compared to face sword? It looks like it's more reliable due to being able to tutor its only commander, but I'm wondering if there's more nuance to that, and how it performs in matchups compared to the face variant.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nehru the Damaja posted:

https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/face-dragoncraft Maybe try this without Forte? Swap in some cheap burn or other storm minions? It won't be nearly as good but decks going straight for the face will get free wins once in a while anyway.

Reiterpallasch posted:

some notes on the differences between those lists:

- people go back and forth on whether dragonnewt scholar is any good in face dragon, but you should drop it unless you have 3 already, just because it's gold and all its prospective replacements are silver/bronze
- if you do drop the scholar, you should also drop wildfang dragonnewt for obvious reasons; sandstorm dragon or dragonrider are the natural substitutes
- dance of death is not commonly played in face dragon primarily because you really really really want your 5-drop to be a discounted forte, but if you're not using forte you may want to find some space for dance instead

Thanks went 4/5 with a janky version of this (not a single forte, of course). Incredibly I had 3 dragonnewt scholars golds but zero ivory dragon bronzes. The "cannot be attacked" mons are basically what won the games. One dude used his last burn spell against a regular mon just before I dropped an unattackable one and rage quitted, lol.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i'm not an expert in banner, but here goes:

it's primarily popular because it's cheap, and because it can flatten the haven decks which are ubiquitous especially in lower ranks (you out-race garuda, and generally deny elana enough breathing space to buff up until themis comes out, at which point you can fish for lethal off of storm followers). your biggest enemy is decks that can throw out early, sizable wards: defensive swordcrafts and any well-built forestcraft. face dragon can often outrace you.

- *extremely twitch.tv voice* always check for lethal
- know which matchups to hold dance of death for the wards
- mulligan for quickblade, oathless knight, and maid leader. banner if no maid and on the play, fencer if on the draw.
- dropping banner on turn 4 is usually the right move on the play vs. midrange decks; evo fencer is often better on the draw. watch out for aggro matchups where banner on 4 can slow you down too much to win the race
- if you're running the variant that only uses quickblader at 1-cost, remember that pompous princess doubles as removal against weakened enemy evolves

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I got an animated one in my intro packs. I figure any dude that looks awesome as gently caress and has a continuing board effect that starts the turn he lands is worth keeping a while.

I ran into a Juno's Secret Lab deck in unranked. I beat it but it took me getting pretty lucky on a sequence of spells for me to outlast 2 of those things staggered a turn apart and then win with Dshifts. Was that some rogue brew or is there actually a Juno deck going around? I assume actual creature-focused decks kind of dunk all over it, but I've got no experience to speak to it one way or the other.

I'm running a Juno/Pascale deck, and it does pretty well against most creature decks unless I get bad draws. Decks with alternate win conditions like D-Shift or Path to Purgatory seem to have the best odds against me, since it's not fast enough to stop them. It wins by having incredible taunted stat value and efficient removal, forcing them to sacrifice nearly everything they have just to hurt me, and outlasting most opponents. Like, even when I let a guy have Leonidas' banner out for a couple of turns I still just outstatted him and won. That said, it's supposedly not a top tier deck.

Incidentally, since it's sort of a control deck, Erasmus works pretty well in it. I wouldn't especially mind having 2 of them.

Edit: The dream is that by turn 8 you have a 10/10 with ward, a 6/6 with ward, a 4/5, and like a 4/4. It's just a big wall of stats.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 4, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
leonidas ain't poo poo in take two :colbert:

luna is love, luna is life

Zoness fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 4, 2016

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Speaking of checking for lethal, I had a game last night where I had lethal and didn't notice it until it was too late. Two officers with 4 attack, assault commander in hand, and an evolution point to spare. It wasn't until I had already attacked with my unevolved creature that I realized that added up to more than the opponent's life total.

I still squeaked out a victory at the end, but it was down to the wire, I was in topdeck mode, and it felt like a moral defeat. :negative:

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I lost once because I accidentally hit the end turn button while looking at my cards, the damage I would have done that turn would have ended up winning me the game later on.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

legoman727 posted:

EDIT: To make this post less bitching more content, is there a good Lord Atomy deck out there? I've got 3 of the old guy and kinda want to use him.

There's this one: https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck...PnY.61PnY.61PnY

Source, with video: http://game-ai.jp/shadowverse/rizer-expression-king-of-mukuro-aguronekuro/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, does this game rankings reset once a month or something like that?

Otherwise, why are there so many $$$ decks at D0? I mean, there is no way they could suck that much, right?

(Although I did beat a wallet warrior who used Otohime when I had 2 untargetable monsters on the field, so I just outraced his rear end. I bet he died with a hand full of legendaries).

trucutru fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 5, 2016

• Locked thread