Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Can someone clue me in as to who Dan D'Argenio is and why that is apparently a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

GrandpaPants posted:

Can someone clue me in as to who Dan D'Argenio is and why that is apparently a thing?
He won the last two Worlds, which means he's won 50% of all Worlds tournaments held so far.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

He's also known for taking the most "degenerate" decks available in the meta.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Also does anyone know if there are any streams besides the official FFG one?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Zephro posted:

Also does anyone know if there are any streams besides the official FFG one?

Dodgepong is running their own unlicensed stream

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Afriscipio posted:

He's also known for taking the most "degenerate" decks available in the meta.

That's more of his Regionals and Store Champs shtick. He won 2014 with ETF/Andy and 2015 with ETF/Val. CI7 seems like a weird choice, but I'm guessing he's on Power Shutdown Boom too?

The other reason he's bigly in the community is that Reddit will bend over backwards to praise anything he says. But, as far as I can tell, he refuses to speak up in defense of attempts to diversify the player base. Which probably contributed to why Reddit sucks his dick. Also, he attends major events wearing a wife beater with his own name printed on it.

Edit:
Top 96 Corp decks:
71% NBN
38.5% CTM

63% Anarch
44% Whizz

2 Adams and 1 Sunny made day 2 though.
Now, in fairness, if I had been able to make it, I'd be on CTM/Nexus Kate, so grain of salt taken.

ZorajitZorajit fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 4, 2016

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Dan's been on CI for a while, although rereading it I don't know if he's on Boom or 7 point combo.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I did it friends. I won 1 match at worlds.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Please, everyone knows that King of Servers is the important Netrunner event this week. This is entirely unrelated to me being in KoS but not being able to get a slot in Worlds.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

The Lord of Hats posted:

Please, everyone knows that King of Servers is the important Netrunner event this week. This is entirely unrelated to me being in KoS but not being able to get a slot in Worlds.

From testing with the two Bay Area KoS teams, if you aren't drunk before you take your first mandatory draw in KoS, then you aren't trying hard enough. At least that is their ultimate strategy for Saturday.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I am compensating for not drinking by playing Exile as my runner, does that count?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

I am compensating for not drinking by playing Exile as my runner, does that count?

I think that requires you to be drunk to get through it

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

Shooting heroin instead of drinking isn't an improvement!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

The Lord of Hats posted:

As someone who plays Fisk at tournaments, I approve.

Also 4 of the top 16 are from the Bay Area team! (Counting Timmy Wong as he was training with all of us and I think is on the same decks that the Bay Area folks ended up playing over there).

Voodoofly fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 4, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Red Sands scoops right now.

E: new Jinteki Identity- Aginfusion: Once per turn, instead of rezzing an approached piece of ICE, you may trash it and choose another server. The runner is now running on that server and encountering the outermost piece of ICE, if any. 45/17

berenzen fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 4, 2016

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Two from the CO crew in top 16, myself included. Anyone else in this thread make it?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

berenzen posted:

Red Sands scoops right now.

E: new Jinteki Identity- Aginfusion: Once per turn, instead of rezzing an approached piece of ICE, you may trash it and choose another server. The runner is now running on that server and encountering the outermost piece of ICE, if any. 45/17

Don't know how powerful this is gunna be, but oh boy is it going to be super fun. They also pointed out that the runner encounters the outermost ice, not approached it. This means the runner cant jack out.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CodfishCartographer posted:

Don't know how powerful this is gunna be, but oh boy is it going to be super fun. They also pointed out that the runner encounters the outermost ice, not approached it. This means the runner cant jack out.

But it also means you can't rez it. So you'll need to have rezzed already whatever they're gonna hit. May I suggest splashing for Executive Boot Camp to rez a Whirlpool over a well-trapped archives and live the dream?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

trash an unrezzed vanilla, send them into a brainstorm without a sentry breaker.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Static Equilibrium posted:

Two from the CO crew in top 16, myself included. Anyone else in this thread make it?

Congrats man. Good luck in all your games!*

*except against Wes, Brian, John and Timmy

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

berenzen posted:

Abram Jopp's (Creator of Dumblefork) has some good teaching decks for those who have all the datapack on his website.

Quoting a post from the first page, but just where on this Jopp's Wordpress site are these teaching decks for Core++? That site really isn't indexed well.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

CodfishCartographer posted:

Step 1: Play Aginfusion
Step 2: Play Executive Boot Camp
Step 3: Place Excalibur on Archives
Step 4: Rez Excalibur

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

The Lord of Hats posted:

Step 1: Play Aginfusion
Step 2: Play Executive Boot Camp
Step 3: Place Excalibur on Archives
Step 4: Rez Excalibur

You forgot "use Sensie Actors Union to overdraw and dump shi.kyu and shocks into Archives." :getin:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

jeeves posted:

Quoting a post from the first page, but just where on this Jopp's Wordpress site are these teaching decks for Core++? That site really isn't indexed well.

https://runthenet.wordpress.com/2016/08/23/recommended-teachinglearning-decks/

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Dodgepong is running their own unlicensed stream
Brilliant, thanks.

AgInfusion sounds janky as all hell. I like it.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

jeeves posted:

I'm bringing this Runner and this Corp deck to my LGS tonight to refresh myself on how to play and teach others how to play. They seem simple enough.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Sensing a bit of a pattern

https://twitter.com/FFGOP/status/794635398815354880

LordNat
May 16, 2009

At least it is safe to say that NBN will be winning worlds.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Safe to say anarch will be winning worlds

E: at this point. I gotta cheer for Dien for repping the canucks.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Hahaha holy poo poo

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I guess the MWL doesn't matter much when your faction is stuffed with good cards, heh

edit: I presume those Val decks are all Rebirth, right? Just don't tell me they're Blackmail spam.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
FFG should really just cut out the middle-man and remove all factions other than Anarch and NBN.

Slio
Jan 17, 2009

Anarch/NBN all the way. Can't say I'm at all surprised, they're both far and away the best factions on their respective sides.

At least with Anarch that hasn't been true for the last 4 years, NBN is going to be, and has been king for life.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

^^Actually I was wondering about a GNK or something where NBN and Anarch were both banned, but I guess it would just be ETF vs Nexus Kate and Temujin Andysucker as far as the eye could see

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Though for all the (justified) bitching, this will be the first year NBN has won Worlds. IIRC ETF has won twice and RP once so far.

Top 8 gonna be really repetitive though.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

So here's all the red sands spoilers so far : http://imgur.com/a/x1S3p

E: There are triples now. Time for the AD-Success super advance combo out of weyland

berenzen fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 4, 2016

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Wow, Hunter Seeker seems really really bad #WeylandLyfe

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Bloodletter's not too bad- 3 cost 4 strength destroyer.

Also, they reference the 'I got a rock' card from ONR

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
So glad for the return of I've Got A Rock.

E: Standoff and Success are both loving hilarious and Success combos with Jemison Astronautics so FA Weyland is going to be real and insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

berenzen posted:

E: at this point. I gotta cheer for Dien for repping the canucks.

Wes was the first person I played against so I'm hoping he runs the table, but I wouldn't be sad to see him play Dien again later on.

• Locked thread