Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The Lord of Hats posted:

Really love Uraraka yelling her own name out of excitement at passing.

Also:

Horikoshi can be really subtle when he wants to.

Horikoshi does it again

Blackheart posted:

Real lips girl please be OK please

First thing I thought of :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

If shapeshifting is Toga's power, then what was Camie's power? Can Toga impersonate quirks as well as appearance?

So many questions!

I feel like if that's possible, then it's almost certainly the kind of thing that would require frequent, extremely unhealthy amounts of blood. So if we see Camie anemic as hell or a drained husk, that's a point to this idea.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
This chapter was really good, but I think I was most surprised by the reveal that Toga isn't a bumbling buffoon that only got away with her serial killing spree through sheer luck

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Presumably not.

She couldn't use Ochako's quirk while pretending to be Ochako.

Unless she was faking that as well.

Ah, you're right. That was when Toga-as-Camie was impersonating Ochako, during the exam, right? Oh wait, that kinda means that she can shift seamlessly from one impersonation to another without having to revert back to her true shape! Spooky.

FH_Meta posted:

I feel like if that's possible, then it's almost certainly the kind of thing that would require frequent, extremely unhealthy amounts of blood. So if we see Camie anemic as hell or a drained husk, that's a point to this idea.

This is ghoulish, and hope that neither it nor anything like it is revealed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well we know that Toga murders people by draining their blood. Though apparently before she got that device she used in the training camp attack, she just sucked it out with her mouth.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well we know that Toga murders people by draining their blood. Though apparently before she got that device she used in the training camp attack, she just sucked it out with her mouth.

L-Lamprey! :stonk:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Horikoshi doesn't have Toga murder Dekumom while disguised as Deku for some primo motivation, he's missing a trick.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

That would be 2edgy

Dekumom wont get uncle ben'd

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She's not going to make any delicious food?

I've seen her, she likes her snap, don't you worry.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Anyone looking for 2edgy poo poo to go down with this plot hook might as well read Worm. You will get that in spades.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Nov 3, 2016

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
worm is poo poo

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Horikoshi doesn't seem to really do overly dark stuff. At least on screen or in current time.

I doubt we'll even see how Nana really died and she's well, dead already.

Toga should try to get close to All Might as Midoriya to kill him but we're almost certainly going to get her causing friction between Midoriya and Uraraka so we can get our bog-standard cat fight over the shounen MC.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Last Celebration posted:

This chapter was really good, but I think I was most surprised by the reveal that Toga isn't a bumbling buffoon that only got away with her serial killing spree through sheer luck

Well, she was recommended to the VA by one of the best guys in the business and all.

Fabricated posted:

Horikoshi doesn't seem to really do overly dark stuff. At least on screen or in current time.

I doubt we'll even see how Nana really died and she's well, dead already.

Toga should try to get close to All Might as Midoriya to kill him but we're almost certainly going to get her causing friction between Midoriya and Uraraka so we can get our bog-standard cat fight over the shounen MC.

Nah, if she were planning on something like that she wouldn't be calling Shigaraki to report the good news. Like I said before, he'd probably flip out if he learned that was her plan; while we might get that from it as well, it's definitely not going to be the goal or anything. Unless she does that first and gets caught before the "real" goals of her change, she's probably not doing that, or is doing that after she does other things (which might be how Deku's name gets cleared, when she's caught after that, actually). I mean, I could be wrong here, but both in-universe and from a meta perspective it seems like this huge twist would be a waste if all it did was provide brief romantic tension or whatever.

That said, yeah, we're probably not getting too dark; even All For One didn't bring about a major tonal shift like that, at least for the series as a whole (it looked like he was doing that but then it turned out no one died and all ). Which makes me wonder what the goal is.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 3, 2016

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So two of the strongest students in the class failed and there's a very good chance Deku will end up getting falsely accused of a crime and detained for a while. I expect a big part of the next story arc to be about the rest of the class learning to fight crime on their own without the three strongest students having their back. At least they still have Iida.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 3, 2016

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Apparently a non insignificant amount of civvies died when AFO blew up Kamino.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhonne posted:

So two of the strongest students in the class failed and there's a very good chance Deku will end up getting falsely accused of a crime and detained for a while. I expect a big part of the next story arc to be about the rest of the class learning to fight crime on their own without the three strongest students having their back. At least they still have Iida.

Actually, that reminds me, I was wondering why Bakugou was listed as one of their "top two" in this chapter. In most metrics we've seen it was always Yaoyorozu who was on top or in second, and while I can buy the explanation that Bakugou's meant to be one of the top two in fighting or something, that's not what this test was about. What suddenly inflated his estimation here? Outside of winning the tournament or scoring highest on the entrance exams (that Todoroki and Yaoyorozu didn't have to take) he's generally been third or worse, as I recall. Is there something I'm forgetting here?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Roland Jones posted:

Actually, that reminds me, I was wondering why Bakugou was listed as one of their "top two" in this chapter. In most metrics we've seen it was always Yaoyorozu who was on top or in second, and while I can buy the explanation that Bakugou's meant to be one of the top two in fighting or something, that's not what this test was about. What suddenly inflated his estimation here? Outside of winning the tournament or scoring highest on the entrance exams (that Todoroki and Yaoyorozu didn't have to take) he's generally been third or worse, as I recall. Is there something I'm forgetting here?

he's male

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's a shonen, fighting power > everything else

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
He and Todoroki are the best in straight-up fights.

Which they acknowledge in-series is considered the most important thing for heroes.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Roland Jones posted:

They were the #s 1 and 2 spot of the UA tournament, and since there is an unhealthy obsession in this culture with raw fighting prowess, that's all that matters to a disappointingly large number of people.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's the thing, though, this last test was about being able to do things other than fighting, with Gang Orca showing up more or less to provide the people who were good mostly/only a fighting a way to participate basically. I mean, that's not the in-story reason for his attack but that's basically what it was, and him not showing up is about the only way this test could have been worse for Bakugou, outside of it maybe having an interview portion or something.

He's number two (or arguably number one, though honestly the main thing keeping Tokoyami from being the best fighter is that Bakugou and Todoroki hard counter his otherwise absurd power) in a thing that did not matter here. This last test was about doing things other than fighting, and the fighter lost. That's... Not really surprising.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Bakugou is one of the best fighters in UA. He's also intelligent, perceptive, a shockingly good judge of character, and great at thinking on his feet and prioritizing targets for both combat and defensive missions, as his behavior in the exam showed.

But he's also a complete rear end in a top hat and probably got so many points docked for conduct that he dropped off the map anyway.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Vengarr posted:

He and Todoroki are the best in straight-up fights.

Which they acknowledge in-series is considered the most important thing for heroes.

I think Yaoyorozu is better than Bakugou if she gets a few seconds of prep time.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Oxxidation posted:

Bakugou is one of the best fighters in UA. He's also intelligent, perceptive, a shockingly good judge of character, and great at thinking on his feet and prioritizing targets for both combat and defensive missions, as his behavior in the exam showed.

But he's also a complete rear end in a top hat and probably got so many points docked for conduct that he dropped off the map anyway.

Lets remember during his main scene in the exam he lost points for being abrasive despite making the right call.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Silver2195 posted:

I think Yaoyorozu is better than Bakugou if she gets a few seconds of prep time.

The thing is if she does not she is helpless. When she fought Tokoyami she was beaten by him before she had a chance to do anything.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Lets remember during his main scene in the exam he lost points for being abrasive despite making the right call.

Yeah, that's where my reasoning comes from. Those people were meant to waylay them and divert time from assisting more severely wounded "victims" but he assessed the actual nature of their injuries at a glance. But what would one do with this information?

The Heroic Way: Offer reassurance and ask that the victims find a safe place to hide, promising to return as soon as possible to evacuate them.

The Bakugou Way: :fuckoff:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

Ah, you're right. That was when Toga-as-Camie was impersonating Ochako, during the exam, right? Oh wait, that kinda means that she can shift seamlessly from one impersonation to another without having to revert back to her true shape! Spooky.

Just like The Thing. :aaaaa:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

chumbler posted:

You guys are missing the more important thing, more fuel for Yaoyorozu x Jirou (and also Todoroki x intense wind guy).

But more importantly,

:same:

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I must've missed that. Where did you see it? (YaomomoxJirou is good)

It is good to know that I am not alone in being completely delusional about this.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

They have appeared in multiple panels together and talked to each other so it's canon.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I still think Jirou and Lucio make the best team.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

chumbler posted:

They have appeared in multiple panels together and talked to each other so it's canon.

I ... Okay, buddy.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What Toga says in the last panel sounds kind of ominous.

Also, is her wanted to learn more about Deku so she can impersonate him?

One of those two is going to get replaced by Toga.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I think she wants to know more about Deku because she wants to do terrible things while cosplaying as him, and also because she's genuinely interested in him.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, back at the camp, after her rambling about wanting to become boys you like and whatnot to Uraraka, she got blushy looking at Deku after he showed up to save the girls, then fled. She's got a creepy crush on him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Roland Jones posted:

Yeah, back at the camp, after her rambling about wanting to become boys you like and whatnot to Uraraka, she got blushy looking at Deku after he showed up to save the girls, then fled. She's got a creepy crush on him.

To be exact she got a creepy crush on him because of her creepy blood fetish. As she states the reason she was attracted to Stain and wanted to be like him is because when he appeared in the video he was a bloody mess and nothing is more attractive then people in that state. (In fact it just makes her want to chop them up and make them even more bloody.) Deku after his fight with Muscular was a bloody mess so she was attracted to him.

Though Toga getting blushy is not a rare thing. As she is blushing pretty much all the time.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
She definitely has a crush on him because come on it's Deku who wouldn't

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Eej posted:

She definitely has a crush on him because come on it's Deku who wouldn't

he's such an earnest boy isn't he

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I always just kinda assumed Toga had a crush on Deku, because Stain saving him was caught on tape. And since she's a huge Stain fangirl she thought that made him pretty cool.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I always just kinda assumed Toga had a crush on Deku, because Stain saving him was caught on tape. And since she's a huge Stain fangirl she thought that made him pretty cool.

And because as she mentioned she was attracted to people that were tattered and bloody. Like Stain was on video. And Deku was when she first saw him. (And she tried to stab him soon after.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Really, why she likes him isn't all that important. All that matters is that she does. Congratulations on your serial killer wife, Deku!