Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

can't wait to play bayonetta 3 on nintendo's dumbass four buttons instead of a dpad controller

There's a real controller to use that you'll break then not replace for 3 years.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Is New 3ds Xl superior to regular one?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

There's a real controller to use that you'll break then not replace for 3 years.

it's not my fault that the left stick failing on the wii u pad is a common problem. i have original dual shocks that still fuction even tho they've been under 200 lbs of books in a box for a decade. Frigg you shiggy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

chinese barbecue porp posted:

the only new 3ds exclusive games are xenoblade chornicles or whatever its called and snes roms. i guess the nub makes controlling the camera easier in monster hunter altho im used to the pad so i never use it :smugbird:
there's also slightly faster loading times for some games maybe idk

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i have the new small 3ds and it kicks rear end but mostly becasue i have kawaii [cute] covers for it and because the resolution is better than the 3ds xl, and it has super famicom color buttons

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I have the New Galaxy New 3DS XL

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The 3d tracking is really good. Probably not worth "upgrading" to but if it's your first 3ds it's worth buying instead of the old one.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

the only new 3ds exclusive games are xenoblade chornicles or whatever its called and snes roms. i guess the nub makes controlling the camera easier in monster hunter altho im used to the pad so i never use it :smugbird:
there's also slightly faster loading times for some games maybe idk

new pokémon runs better on the new one and hyrule warriors is like unplayable on original 3ds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Think the New 3DS XL is too big

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I actually owned a 3ds XL once but sold it due to not playing enough Monster Hunter 3 ultimate because gently caress underwater fights

Then I noticed new Monster Hunter has grappler baki dlc and no underwater combat. I am tempted to rebuy into handheld consoles.

jyrque fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 4, 2016

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

I think the screen might be a little big for the resolution since I can't hold it that far from my face without the 3D distorting. ON the other hand, my hands fall asleep playing games on it and it was worse with smaller handhelds. I have some monster hunter branded grip thing that helps a bit but i don't like lugging it around everywhere.

Soral
May 30, 2009

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

new pokémon runs better on the new one and hyrule warriors is like unplayable on original 3ds

Hyrule warriors on 3ds seems like a lovely idea in general

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I habe the small one and lile it better than old xl

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Preach.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

can't wait to play bayonetta 3 on nintendo's dumbass four buttons instead of a dpad controller

*turns beet red/mixed with purple out of fanboy rage with a big vein popping out of my neck* THATS ONLY THE PROTABLE CONTROLLER NOT THE MAIN ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Hyrule warriors on 3ds seems like a lovely idea in general

It has hundreds of scenarios that take fifteen minutes a piece, it's perfect for 3DS

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
cant wait for nintendo switchb to save us from extremely low resolution displays

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Japanese amiibos and NFC reader aren't region locked...I must go shopping. :ninja:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i really want felyne in my animal crossing town but i also dont want any of the ugly rear end monster hunter stories miibos

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

absolutely anything posted:

i really want felyne in my animal crossing town but i also dont want any of the ugly rear end monster hunter stories miibos

i want medli

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

codenameFANGIO posted:

It has hundreds of scenarios that take fifteen minutes a piece, it's perfect for 3DS

Yeah I never played on wii u but i thought it was a great portable game honestly

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I actually owned a 3ds XL once but sold it due to not playing enough Monster Hunter 3 ultimate because gently caress underwater fights

Then I noticed new Monster Hunter has grappler baki dlc and no underwater combat. I am tempted to rebuy into handheld consoles.

Link the baki dlc

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Link the baki dlc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HlW87Tkcmg

Owns.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

I'll take 10.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Fact Sheet
Title:Blaster Master Zero
Hardware:Nintendo 3DS eShop
Genre:Action
Rating:ESRB Rating Pending
Developer:Inti Creates
Release Date:Spring 2017
# of Players:1 Player
Price:TBD
Homepage:http://blastermaster-zero.com

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Milkman posted:

Fact Sheet
Title:Blaster Master Zero
Hardware:Nintendo 3DS eShop
Genre:Action
Rating:ESRB Rating Pending
Developer:Inti Creates
Release Date:Spring 2017
# of Players:1 Player
Price:TBD
Homepage:http://blastermaster-zero.com

I saw this earlier on gematsu, it looks legit as hell, looks like a mix of cave story and og blaster master

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

But to my original point XC Wii is a delight so far. The characters have strong personality and well designed archetypes, the plot kicks off quickly, and the music even in the first town and little surrounding area is awesome.

I got to the Nopon village today and it's really cool, feels very FFIX.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

I got to the Nopon village today and it's really cool, feels very FFIX.

Best character in the game incoming

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Rhythm Heaven might be the best Nintendo thing

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

When do they stop making Wii U? I wanna grab one at Christmas

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Best character in the game incoming

His introduction was delightful and also unlike anything else in the game up to that point. It also gave me deep deep flashbacks to Tatsu. Like most other things in these two games I can see a firm line between them showing how they tried to recapture him but something went horribly horribly wrong.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 7, 2016

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

heropon very cool.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tatsu extremely uncool

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

*slap bass starts playing* Friends don't love Tatsu!? Tatsu say no!

I want to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

When do they stop making Wii U? I wanna grab one at Christmas

they supposedly just stopped but i feel like there'll be plenty leftover. unless they do some crazy liquidation sale