Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
more like russel westshook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Bunleigh posted:

fyi learn to read

whoops!

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Colonel Corazon posted:

we haven't seen trump people, have no friggin clue what their GOTV effort even is.

It doesn't exist. I am not exaggerating or insulting them. They literally do not have a field program, at all. I have now spent probably three hours in line to get into two different Trump rallies just to see in person how bad their operation is, and have not seen, much less been approached by, a single Trump campaign staffer. Compared to a Clinton rally where, in the forty minutes it took to get to the doors, I was approached by multiple staffers signing up canvassing shifts, checking early vote status, pushing vote by mail applications, etc.

I realize anecdotes do not add up to data, however, it should not be possible to get to the doors of a large campaign event without interacting with campaign staff. They do not have a field program. Trump himself probably does not even know what a field program is.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
also to be perfectly fair that bitch old dude looks like he could be hispanic, maybe

though his name is John so its a tossup imo

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Themagicalgoat posted:

Yeah we know Ohio are stupid and craven and don't remember anything and worship power and wealth. That's the problem.

hey motherfucker we worship corn and power tyvm :mad:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bunleigh posted:

imo you could find a worse surrogate for Ohio than LeBron

Were you frozen in time in 2012

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

As the Hulk Hogan mustache implies, this is a Real American Hero.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

Kazak_Hstan posted:

It doesn't exist. I am not exaggerating or insulting them. They literally do not have a field program, at all. I have now spent probably three hours in line to get into two different Trump rallies just to see in person how bad their operation is, and have not seen, much less been approached by, a single Trump campaign staffer. Compared to a Clinton rally where, in the forty minutes it took to get to the doors, I was approached by multiple staffers signing up canvassing shifts, checking early vote status, pushing vote by mail applications, etc.

I realize anecdotes do not add up to data, however, it should not be possible to get to the doors of a large campaign event without interacting with campaign staff. They do not have a field program. Trump himself probably does not even know what a field program is.

really hope this ends up mattering

just this once, please?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
whats round on both sides and high in the middle

stupid white people

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He should inform mcodognalds that they are employing illegal immigrants

I'm sure they will be shocked and appalled

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Lebron James is cool & good, The Decision was dumb and bad.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Colonel Corazon posted:

hey motherfucker we worship corn and power tyvm :mad:

Sorry, was thinking about Iowa. A place that flat should never have been made.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Joementum posted:

[extremely guy from the Monty Python opening sequence voice]

............................................................... it's

:golfclap:

plasticowlmachine
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Epic High Five posted:

Surely there's a system in place to replace people who are dumb enough to announce in advance that they intend to be faithless. Some guy in GA said the same thing about Trump and got replaced IIRC

So Hillary has to get 271 EVs to be sure of victory. Seems par for the course from this cycle, honestly. Almost as if there's different expectations for the candidates. I wish there was a phrase for that.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Kazak_Hstan posted:

i think we've only been able to confirm that there are just roving tribes of trump supporters doing stuff sometimes, at least for columbus. we've seen a group at the board of elections for a few hours a day but i've got no idea what their affiliation really is. the only consistent sign of GOP life is their mailers and yard signs.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/794643052845559808

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

GobiasIndustries posted:

Lebron James is cool & good, The Decision was dumb and bad.

I'm a heat fan, so it don't bother me. Wish Lebron the best and understand why he went back. Just think America was stupid for disliking him in the first place.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Baller Ina posted:

just this once, please?

unaffiliateds in NC are 54% from urban areas. It mattering

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

euphronius posted:

Were you frozen in time in 2012

you too, huh

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/794708214264668160

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Joementum posted:

excuse me sir, this is a McDonalds drive thru

I KNOW!!!!

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/794704919399989249

Sir you cant block the McDonald's Drive Thru

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Themagicalgoat posted:

Sorry, was thinking about Iowa. A place that flat should never have been made.

well as an ohioan i can confirm that we're worse than iowa because we're not even as good as them at worshiping the corn :negative:

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

glorious

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Bunleigh posted:

you too, huh

see, not the only one

wright better or something

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bunleigh posted:

imo you could find a worse surrogate for Ohio than LeBron

You could say that he's a little popular.

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

Build that (fire)wall!

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

Schnorkles posted:

what percentage of North Carolinians in general are urban?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Lastgirl posted:

Sir you cant block the McDonald's Drive Thru

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would name a kid after lebron

He's a demigod

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Maddow's applauding Bret Baier for apologizing for the whole "indictment" thing. She's too good for cable news. :allears:

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

euphronius posted:

I would name a kid after lebron

He's a demigod

he was actually pretty funny in Trainwreck too

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Bunleigh posted:

66.1% in 2010

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Baller Ina posted:

just this once, please?

It will matter. Trump is trying to turn out, essentially, marginalized whites who do not have an established voting history. Any campaign predicated on turning out marginalized populations that don't have a reliable voting history, as a definitional matter, must have a competent field program. The people they want have demonstrated they do not vote on their own. You have to drag them to the polls. To do that you have to be able to identify them, repeatedly contact them, and work aggressively to get a ballot in their hands.

Trump is not just pitching to a bunch of white assistant managers who vote every single election just because that's what they do. He's pitching the NASCAR crowd. How reliable a voter do you think the typical Alex Jones listener or Freerepublic.com poster is?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Bunleigh posted:

here's a grim fuckin thread for your Friday evening

https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/794680771944427524

2/One faction said the GOP should aggressively court Hispanics and compromise on immigration.
3/The other factor said the GOP should try to A) radicalize whites against minorities, and B) suppress minority voter turnout by any means.
4/At the time, most people assumed the first faction would win - HAD to win - this internal GOP debate. But nope.
5/The total GOP embrace of Trump means there's no going back. The GOP will win with racist radicalization/vote suppression, or not at all.
6/This is the death knell for our democracy. A slow move toward minority disenfranchisement will kill nonwhites' faith in elections.
7/Whereas successful radicalization of white GOP voters means they view any election where minorities *do* get to vote as illegitimate.
8/The result: No presidential election in the U.S. will be viewed as legitimate by the losers, ever again.
9/The result won't necessarily be civil war, but it will be Venezuela-style dysfunction. Mass protests, scattered increasing violence...
10/Security services taking sides, rumblings of military coups, corrupt charismatic leaders...win or lose, Trump is just the beginning.
11/Nor do I hold out much hope that GOP elites can reassert control over their party. They tried that this season and failed utterly.
12/Radicalization of whites against minorities has now snowballed beyond GOP elites' ability to control it at all.
13/Meanwhile, increasingly disenfranchised Dem voters will lose faith in the electoral process, and might stop even trying to vote.
14/But since demographic changes are baked in, this means we'll soon have a disenfranchised majority ruled by a radicalized minority.
15/In any case, I don't see a path forward for American democracy in the short term.
16/In the long term the solution is for whites and nonwhites to learn to live with each other, accept each other, etc. This IS happening.
17/But I am pessimistic that it will happen in time to save our democracy from Latin American style dysfunction. The die is cast. (end)

I'm gonna go get a beer.

He's right about what Republican intent would lead to, but voter suppression efforts haven't been very successful. As long as the judiciary isn't completely taken over by white nationalists, courts will strike down major violations. John Roberts made it easier for little poo poo to sneak through, but not on the level required for this guy's nightmare white minority ruling over brown and black people forever scenario. Demographics mean a Republican Party wedded to white nationalism dies very soon unless the military just takes over for them (or unless white Hispanics very quickly decide they're white and don't give a poo poo how badly people treat other Hispanics).

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

You could say that he's a little popular.

donald trump should enlist the support of another current once-in-a-generation sports talent, mike trout. mike trout is not as popular, surely, but it wouldy help him pick up a few votes in the greater orange county area of southern california.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Maddow giving props to Bret Baier for retracting his report and he deserves props for admitting to loving biggly but it bothers me that no one is pointing out that if it wasn't a Fox News reporter doing it and it was against Trump Fox News would be going loving nuts right now calling for their head.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URNRTrpnT7g

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Bunleigh posted:

I lied, apologies. 54% of the vote in NC in 2012 was from urban areas, unaf turnout is at 57% from urban areas and trends much younger than either D's or R's

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
some people here were saying paradox games are too complicated

dwarf fortress is actually really super complicated and mostly for the reason paradox games used to be but are steadily improving on: the user interface is complete garbage and worse still is practically nonexistent

I would rather play aurora

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Sinteres posted:

He's right about what Republican intent would lead to, but voter suppression efforts haven't been very successful. As long as the judiciary isn't completely taken over by white nationalists, courts will strike down major violations. John Roberts made it easier for little poo poo to sneak through, but not on the level required for this guy's nightmare white minority ruling over brown and black people forever scenario. Demographics mean a Republican Party wedded to white nationalism dies very soon unless the military just takes over for them (or unless white Hispanics very quickly decide they're white and don't give a poo poo how badly people treat other Hispanics).

not to mention voter suppression efforts also drive up minority enthusiasm for voting for obvious reason

• Locked thread