Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

The Deleter posted:

So glad for the return of I've Got A Rock.

E: Standoff and Success are both loving hilarious and Success combos with Jemison Astronautics so FA Weyland is going to be real and insane.

Success is great design space and absolutely hilarious.

Hell, there's some really cool design space across a lot of the cards seen so far.

E: bunch more weyland cards linked on facebook by Nick Soto

Battlement: 3 cost, 2 strength Barrier. 2 ETR subs

Audacity: 0 cost operation. Play only if at least 3 cards in HQ, trash all cards in HQ put 2 advancement counters on up to 2 cards.

Veritas: 4 cost, 2 strength sentry. Subs are 'Corp gains 2 cred', .runner loses 2 creds', 'trace2- giver runner a tag'

Watchtower: 4 cost, 3 strength code gate. 'Search R&D for a card and add it to HQ' as a sub

Tithonnium: 9 cost, 5 strength barrier. Cannot host cards, can forfeit an agenda instead of paying rez cost. 2x 'trash program', 1x 'trash resource and end the run' for subs.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
This recent reveal set has made me super hype about Netrunner after getting down over Intervention, so good job Damien I suppose! :buddy:

berenzen posted:

Success is great design space and absolutely hilarious.

Hell, there's some really cool design space across a lot of the cards seen so far.

Some of the Jinteki stuff being shown looks like great fun, like the Ice that forces you to run on Archives if you break its sub, following in the footsteps of Baliff in "Ice that does stuff when subs are broken" design. That's cool as hell.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Tithonium actually looks really interesting. First Destroyer Barrier I think? And I like the option to forfeit an agenda instead of paying the rez cost, especially if 2/0 agendas are going to be A Thing.

Standoff looks fun but bad, given that the Corp has to defend at least two, sometimes three and often four servers I feel like the Runner is going to be quite willing to trash cards to force the Corp to do the same and the payoff if the Runner refuses seems a bit anaemic.

Watchtower is a nasty face-check.

Meteor Mining is great for flavour alone.

edit: Miraju is fun in a PU deck full of Shocks, and a really cool piece of ICE in general

Zephro fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 4, 2016

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Also Chris from RLC and Lukas commentating on the FFG stream hype

Zephro fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 4, 2016

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Weyland look to be getting some actually decent poo poo there. Success doesn't look like it works with AD at all, never mind that it's rotating. Mostly glad to see them actually get good operations econ for a change

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Score a 5/3 as setup:
click 1: biotic labor
click 2: install Gov’t Takeover
clicks 3,4,5: Success your 5/3 to get 5 advancements, then use Jemison Astronautics’ ID ability to place 4 more advancements on it, score out
:getin:

e: also the imgur link has been updated with more cards

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 4, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

Score a 5/3 as setup:
click 1: biotic labor
click 2: install Gov’t Takeover
clicks 3,4,5: Success your 5/3 to get 5 advancements, then use Jemison Astronautics’ ID ability to place 4 more advancements on it, score out
:getin:

Then when they make the 11/7 martian takeover, Success into that with Government takeover.

Also, turn 1 install Hostile Takeover, Install Hostile Takover, Audacity them and take 14 credits

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Zephro posted:

Also Chris from RLC and Lukas commentating on the FFG stream hype

That was magical, and not just because of how horrible the commentary was for the Wes Dien game.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Hortum: 4 Rez 4 Str Code Gate with Maulous effect, plus at 3 or more counters it cannot be broken by AI programs. Subs are "Corp gains 1 (corp gains 4)" and "End the run (tutor 2 cards from R&D and end the run)".

This cycle is the Weyland Cycle isn't it? :allears:

E: Rumors of a Weyland only big box. :hawaaaafap:

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 4, 2016

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Six of the top 16* are from the UK meta, which is good to see :britain:

*Ben Ni is representing Singapore, but he lives and plays in the UK.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

They seem to be playing with ice that benefits the Corp, I like that Jinteki one that only hurts he runner if they break it

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Zephro posted:

^^Actually I was wondering about a GNK or something where NBN and Anarch were both banned, but I guess it would just be ETF vs Nexus Kate and Temujin Andysucker as far as the eye could see

You're never going to be able to craft a meta that represents everything. When we bitch about a stale meta, we need to be cognizant of the actual number of viable archetypes within it. Top 8 this year is not very representative, but that's okay, Top 8 almost by definition won't be. BUT, Day 2 is representative that there are absolutely dominant strategies that need to be smoothed out.

I actually think Runner's are in pretty good shape, consider the most common builds:
Anatomy Whizzard (I refuse to call it regass, because that name is dumb and bad.)
DLR Anarch (Admittedly, I don't like DLR decks, but it won't be around forever either.)
Temujin Andysucker (Party like it's 2014)
Nexus Kate (Not yet included: Smoke all day erry day)

Plus, a Hayley made Top 16, and 2 Adam's made day 2. That's at least as many decks as you can reasonably expect from most comparable games. Now, on the Corp side, there are issues, because the decks I can reliably name most of the cards from off hand looks more like:
ETF
FA NEH
Boom NEH
FA CTM
Boom CTM
Boom Sync
The-Festering-Corpse-of-IG

ETF has been doing it's thing since the game started and will continue to do so until the end of time. I'm okay with this. It's such a baseline that it basically establishes what every other deck needs to be at least as good as. I included IG not because it's seeing a lot of success, but because it's still there as a reminder that the Corp meta is confused and very likely significantly damaged. Which leaves NBN.

To me, NBN looks a lot like Magic's early days of Blue. It has: card draw, board control, and efficient tempo. Somewhere along the line, "Win the game better" got assigned to NBN. Core-Set NBN was a crapshoot to play, and the faction did need a lot of smoothing out. But almost every new release feeds more good stuff to Yellow, in new ways, that seem to split the color-pie wildly and at random. There are things that every corp needs to do: make credits, control card flow, protect servers, and end games. But Jenkins & Howard merely ignore any areas in which they don't excel. Consider ICE design; this is supposed to be somewhere that NBN is not as good HB. But NBN has enough top tier ice to do whatever they want, and they have some of the best pieces in the game, e.g. Tollbooth, Wraparound, and Dataraven.

Rotation is the way forward, and I really believe that Core 2.0 is needed. No new cards, but a refresh to what's currently "Eternal" to bring the game in line with the way it's developed. FFG desperately needs better playtesters, but this has been an almost cosmic level problem that seems out of designs control. I actually have a lot of good will towards Damon; certainly more than I had for Lukas at the end of his stewardship. He seems to like new design spaces and has been pushing power levels in some of the right places.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

I'm liking almost every single one of those Weyland cards.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Obokata Protocol is scary as gently caress. Welcome to PE! R&D's full of traps that will kill you! The agendas also kill you! Assets? Operations? ICE? Yep, those kill you too.

EDIT: Print net damage-based econ so that I can make a deck where every card kills the runner.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Marilyn Campaign:

If Marilyn Campaign is trashed while installed, you may shuffle it into R&D instead of adding it to Archives

Damon gets design ideas from the SA forums, confirmed

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Marilyn campaign has a different cycle symbol on it than the rest of the cards.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Just wanna say that Anatomy of Anarchy is the precursor to modern DLR, L4J is a better term (although whizz doesn't use either 4tman or Career Fair these days)

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Chiyashi: jinteki 12 cost, 8 STR barrier. If an AI is installed while subs being broken, trash 2 cards from runner's stack. Subs are 2 net damage, 2 net damage, etr

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Zephro posted:

Marilyn Campaign:

If Marilyn Campaign is trashed while installed, you may shuffle it into R&D instead of adding it to Archives

Oh, in that case, Damon, please add some Stealth cards that are not breakers, I think that would be cool

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Stack damage seems to be the new thing with a lot of these cards, not just with PU.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Isnt random milling basically useless?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Forcing Runners to pop Levy early, or even denying it them, seems pretty good. Generally speaking Runners win the game before ever hitting the bottom of their stack - maybe this milling is meant to nerf recursion?

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Edit: nm

Zephro fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 5, 2016

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

In a 60-card magic deck full of 4-of cards and bricks in the form of lands, yes.

In a 45-card netrunner deck with max 3-of (and often less), there's much less recursionredundancy, and thus even if you hit something they have 2-of, it can be backbreaking for them to dig up the other.

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 4, 2016

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
But if you mill it, it may as well be at the bottom of their deck :smug:

I'm actually excited for the possibility of milling-out a runner. Stall out the runner then just win.

A shitload of these cards work as anti-Faust tech too, it's great.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Zephro posted:

Marilyn Campaign:

I'm glad someone else remembered this. I'll be expecting a check in the mail, Damon.

StashAugustine posted:

I've tried several iterations of PU to mill out a runner completely and force a flatline. While on a case-by-case basis it might be more impactful than regular damage (because the runner can often control what's at risk of regular damage), building a deck around milling out the runner is basically impossible right now unless it's a Museum deck, because you'll deck yourself first otherwise. But then, try testing a Museum deck on jinteki when half your opponents quit when they see a 54-card corp.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

That Ben Li semifinal is the most exciting thing I've ever seen, and as close to "all in <walks away from table>" at the WSOP that NetRunner has ever gotten. Such a great ending.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

was a good game

lol @ GFI in HQ the whole time

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Can I make a request for a spoiler tag or moratorium for 24 hours please?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Deleted by the time i clicked. what was this?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

TheParadigm posted:

Deleted by the time i clicked. what was this?

Literally everyone in the top 8 at worlds has anarch as their runner and nbn as their corp. whizz/val/maxx and ctm/sol/neh.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

CirclMastr posted:

I've tried several iterations of PU to mill out a runner completely and force a flatline. While on a case-by-case basis it might be more impactful than regular damage (because the runner can often control what's at risk of regular damage), building a deck around milling out the runner is basically impossible right now unless it's a Museum deck, because you'll deck yourself first otherwise. But then, try testing a Museum deck on jinteki when half your opponents quit when they see a 54-card corp.
It doesn't seem undoable to me, but maybe I've been playing bad runners. One alternative to Museum might be to run three Jackson and three Preemptive Action, which I want to try sometime.

Also that spoiled Jinteki ICE that does net damage when you pass it is dreamy for PU

Zephro fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Nov 5, 2016

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Pretty good games were streamed, even though the factions were a little limited you got to pick the stuff that's gonna get you 9 rounds of Swiss plus double slim, it was interesting what actually shook out, lot of people who didn't make the cut played certain archetypes I thought would make the cut

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Welp, nobody showed up to my local gamestore's ffg steam celebration. So I got a pair of sexy alt-art hedge funds.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Nice. Post pics?

After lurking a bit and spectating on Jinteki.net I feel I can safely say a Chief Slee/ Offer You Can't Refuse deck will win Worlds 2017, take it to the jank bank

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Zephro posted:

Nice. Post pics?

After lurking a bit and spectating on Jinteki.net I feel I can safely say a Chief Slee/ Offer You Can't Refuse deck will win Worlds 2017, take it to the jank bank

Ended up giving one to a friend, but

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I bought the core set like a year ago and put it away and forgot about it. I pulled it out and sleeved up the suggested starters for Criminals and Haas Bioroid. The game seems pretty sweet, but complex as hell. I've played magic for a while and that's easy to understand for me, but this is like learning two different games. I did watch some tutorials on youtube to help figure out what the gently caress is happening. I haven't played a successful game yet. We need to look over the rules more and try it out, but I'm aiming for playing my first game tonight with another person that hasn't played at all. Wish us luck.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Welcome to the game! Like you said, the game is pretty complex, but it rewards tactical thinking and bluffing quite a bit. I know quite a few of us play on Jinteki.net. The biggest change from magic that the game has is the lack of a stack. Runner and corp don't trade actions back and forth and resolve them in reverse order. Instead the corp resolves all actions passes to the runner, then the runner resolves all actions and passes back to the corp, once both have closed, the window for actions closes.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

berenzen posted:

Welcome to the game! Like you said, the game is pretty complex, but it rewards tactical thinking and bluffing quite a bit. I know quite a few of us play on Jinteki.net. The biggest change from magic that the game has is the lack of a stack. Runner and corp don't trade actions back and forth and resolve them in reverse order. Instead the corp resolves all actions passes to the runner, then the runner resolves all actions and passes back to the corp, once both have closed, the window for actions closes.

Note: this resolution order applies on the corp's turn. On the runner's turn, the runner gets to resolve actions first. Whoever's turn it is gets to resolve as many actions as they want, then it switches over to the other player. This continues until neither player takes an action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

fomo sacer fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 17, 2017

• Locked thread