Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Fifteen of Many posted:

Does anyone have tips for power tech tanking? I've a stupid newbie who would like to give it a go. It seems like packs are so spread out though! I have a hard time deciding if I just run around rocket punching or flame spinning everything.

Dulfy.com will have a good guide. Just remember the basics -

Your job is to get aggro on everything, so hit as many mobs as you can to pull them together. Harpoon stragglers

Taunt is a temporary solution to get a mob off someone. Taunting temporarily puts you at the top of the threat list, and gives you 6 seconds to build enough threat that the mob stays on you. If you taunt something then don't attack it, after 6 seconds it's going to go after the healer if no one else has attacked.

Basic strategy is to leap into a group of mobs and use your two free flame sweeps, then work on building threat.

Always keep focus on target of target. It's how you know if a mob is attacking you.

Edit - This guide is the best

Medullah fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Nov 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

NEW PAGE CONTEST REMINDER

Medullah posted:

:siren: LET'S DO A CONTEST!!!! :siren:

In honor of Halloween, let's do a costume contest! Between now and say, next Sunday 11/6, post a picture of you in your best costume! It can be scary! It can be creepy! It can be sexy! Bonus points for environmental costumes!

We'll either judge them or do random drawings depending on the number of entries. First prize will be a Senya's Lightsaber Pike donated by Non-Entity, and there are a bunch of other nice things in the guild bank to give away.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Someone should probably collate all the current entries into one handy post but :effort:.

Edit: gently caress it, in order of posting:

Aleth

Sombrerotron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNpSuHcM0A8

M_Sinistrari

Bilirubin

MadDogMike

Chickenwalker (should probably do a screenshot)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgA9t769UoM

dreffen

EdEddnEddy

Dalris Othaine

rantmo

I'm assuming any character shots posted are for the contest, let me know if I've missed anyone or you don't want it up there.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 5, 2016

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
Aargh I have a super cool costume thing in progress but I might not have time to finish by Sunday D:

Maybe I'll just do a screenshot version and post the whole thing afterward.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Well technically the contest is to 'post a picture of you in your best costume' so a screenshot is what you want, but that's up to Medullah and the other judges to worry about. Either the way the more entries the merrier, already better than the two total entries we had last time!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

New trailer from KOTET. Valykorian gets me wet, not gonna lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkHg7rqwKFw

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It's going to be a sad day when he inevitably turns on us and we have to eat him or whatever.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
If it means we can get back to story lines that aren't this one, I'll eat his whole family.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Times like this I wonder if Khem Val could just like, punch a Force Ghost.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

This mostly just makes me mad that they didn't make David Hayter the voice of the trooper or smuggler and just let him be solid snake

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Medullah posted:

Bioware, everyone has been complaining about how choices don't actually matter in your game. So you showcase what should be a huge decision, and how your choice doesn't matter because IT IS YOUR DESTINY.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Medullah posted:

I still miss Doug Bradley voicing the Emperor.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
Step 1: Buy a fancy dress.

Step 2: Obtain throne.

Step 3: Refuse to ever give a gently caress again, you win.

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot
Thought this might be the appropriate thread to post this.

I like this game, and I like 5.0.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Dark Juno posted:

Big if true.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Opened a few hypercrates this morning. Rey's speeder is good, right?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Twelve Elves posted:

Opened a few hypercrates this morning. Rey's speeder is good, right?

Nah. I'll take it off you if you don't want it :)

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Aleth posted:

Someone should probably collate all the current entries into one handy post but :effort:.

I'm assuming any character shots posted are for the contest, let me know if I've missed anyone or you don't want it up there.

Here are the screens:

Reposting the video as well so it's all in one place: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgA9t769UoM

Chickenwalker fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Nov 5, 2016

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I logged back in after a looong time to about 9k cartel coins, what hypercrate(s) have the coolest double-bladed sabers?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Dark Juno posted:

agreed friend

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Medullah posted:

oh no, not the voss :geno:

Also, in response to HiveCommander's post, Senya's Pike is the current hotness, but is rare enough that you probably won't find it in a single hypercrate. Frontier Hunter's Dualsaber looks pretty fly though, as does the Defiant Vented Dualsaber (but is, understandably, super duper rare)

kingpin's dualsaber secret best dualsaber 2016

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 5, 2016

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Cross-Section posted:

oh no, not the voss :geno:

Also, in response to HiveCommander's post, Senya's Pike is the current hotness, but is rare enough that you probably won't find it in a single hypercrate. Frontier Hunter's Dualsaber looks pretty fly though, as does the Defiant Vented Dualsaber (but is, understandably, super duper rare)

kingpin's dualsaber secret best dualsaber 2016

Well uh, I got the saber pike :v:
Also got a Rakghoul infection weapon mod, so it sounds like a good hypercrate

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Chickenwalker posted:

Here are the screens:

Reposting the video as well so it's all in one place: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgA9t769UoM

Added to the sperg post, along with Dalris bumming around on his throne.

Not sure exactly when on Sunday Medullah will end the contest but as it's currently Saturday there's still time for more entries!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

HiveCommander posted:

I logged back in after a looong time to about 9k cartel coins, what hypercrate(s) have the coolest double-bladed sabers?

I want a pike.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I've always thought dualsabers were dumb as gently caress so pike's boss, yeah.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

sassassin posted:

I want a pike.

If only there was a Halloween costume contest with the first prize being a pike being run right now.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Aleth posted:

If only there was a Halloween costume contest with the first prize being a pike being run right now.

Not everyone plays on whatever server the goon one is.

Or plays dressup.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

HiveCommander posted:

Blademaster dual saber is one of my favorites, I forget which pack it went out in.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Straight purchase from the market, I believe.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I call this costume, my first ever character and I haven't figured out anything about this alleged dye system but I still ended up looking pretty cool even if the helmet's colors don't quite work with the rest of it.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

rantmo posted:

I call this costume, my first ever character and I haven't figured out anything about this alleged dye system but I still ended up looking pretty cool even if the helmet's colors don't quite work with the rest of it.

You might know but, just in case, there's a "unify colors" button on the character sheet. You access it by clicking the little chest armor icon on the bottom right. It will match every piece you are wearing to your chestpiece's color scheme. Your helmet would become black/red.

E: Although maybe that's not available if you're F2P?

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 5, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

KittyEmpress posted:

Bioware, everyone has been complaining about how choices don't actually matter in your game. So you showcase what should be a huge decision, and how your choice doesn't matter because IT IS YOUR DESTINY.

Yeah, there's far too many "but thou must" non-choices for my tastes at the moment, especially when the characters offering the "choice" are spouting demonstrably untrue nonsense to support their positions.

Darth Marr saying Arcann has power because he has rid himself of all sentiment... when the last dozen cutscenes at the throne have all been about Arcann's sentiment for various family members.

The dialogue option to tell them to shove it doesn't do a drat thing. I'm pretty sure I was on the way to a really big, war-changing mission before these diversions. But Lana said I had to ask the Emperor for advice the silly girl.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

HiveCommander posted:

Well uh, I got the saber pike :v:

Congrats, now sell it for hundreds of millions of credits on the GTN and then buy whatever dualsaber looks coolest to you from there! :D

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Hulk Smash! posted:

You might know but, just in case, there's a "unify colors" button on the character sheet. You access it by clicking the little chest armor icon on the bottom right. It will match every piece you are wearing to your chestpiece's color scheme. Your helmet would become black/red.

E: Although maybe that's not available if you're F2P?

Oh poo poo, I assumed that wouldn't work without having dyes or something, or maybe I was f2p last time I tried it. That is so much better:

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

nonentity posted:

Blademaster dual saber is one of my favorites, I forget which pack it went out in.

The thing I really like about the pike vs the regular dualsabers is that the holster point is on the back rather than the hip. Most of the dualsabers are so long that when they holster they nearly touch the ground.

I think people would dig them more in general if they holstered like the pike does or if they holstered across the small of the back like I think Maul kept his. I always like your designs, but in practice it's the one thing that's kept me from having a dualsaber char up to now. Having a character run around with a 4 foot long pole hanging from their belt nearly to the ground just looks really silly to me.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
No option to kill Satele? That emperor dreamscape thing earlier suggested I should have the option.

But no, I have to bow to the whims of everyone I come across.

The Havok squad mission was good, this is absolute garbage.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I don't understand why someone would write a story about destiny in a subscription-based game with player choices, and have the only apparent way to fight that dumb destiny be to stop playing the game altogether.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 5, 2016

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Chickenwalker posted:

The thing I really like about the pike vs the regular dualsabers is that the holster point is on the back rather than the hip. Most of the dualsabers are so long that when they holster they nearly touch the ground.

I found it really noticeable with the taller body types. One of my favorites is the Descendant's Heirloom saber/dualsaber and with the gold ornamentation on the ends, it practically goes to the ground.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

@sassassin

Are you at Chapter 12?

If so, imagine playing that chapter as a non-force user

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

SgtSteel91 posted:

@sassassin

Are you at Chapter 12?

If so, imagine playing that chapter as a non-force user

I can't imagine it. Do they make you walk around the big jumping sections (or do other classes have jetpacks?)

If Arcann wasn't trying to freeze me in carbonite I'd be on board with his side at this point.

My only problem with Vaylin is the game won't let me [Flirt] with her (or her fake ghost).

Anyone standing against the Emperor is okay in my book (which puts Senya and Lana and Koth on the other side based on recent actions).

• Locked thread