Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Warriors are 5-5 in their last 10 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

For a second I almost forgot that the Warriors were prevented from becoming the greatest team of all time by Draymond Green meat checking in garbage time, which then caused them to break up what was 2 min away from being the greatest team of all time.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

meat checking for the billionth time after getting the lightest punishment each time. he got so many chances he got the most chances possible

i guess he knows the truth of this world, you miss every nutshot you dont take

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 5, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ghost Dog posted:

meat checking for the billionth time after getting the lightest punishment each time. he got so many chances he got the most chances possible

Draymond got literally every chance to stop nut tapping and he didn't care and it cost them the title. Really emblematic of how undisciplined the Warriors truly are.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

It cost them immortality.

I love that meat checking has the greatest karmic consequences of any activity.

Fate took the Warriors right to the edge, knowing that Draymond couldn't resist checking another man's meat just one more time...and then it all came crashing down like a house of cards.

They're one Zaza Pachulia injury away from being the biggest laughing stock in NBA history on a nightly basis...all because Draymond couldn't keep his hands and feet out of the cookie jar.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Ghost Dog posted:

you miss every nutshot you dont take

some times you just got to slap another man's meat

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Zogoputer can you bring up the stats on roster continuity from one season to the next and how it seems to affect the performance of the best teams? thank you

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The Lakers are actually kinda fun to watch. I'm not sure if they're exactly "good" yet but they got a lot of young players who look like they'll at least be solid contributors. Russell is looking like he'll be a superstar in a year or two, and Randle's kinda developing into a solid double-double guy. I'm wondering if they'll end up moving Ingram into the starting lineup later this year.

The Warriors will be fine, but they're looking way rougher than I expected, especially with Durant seeming to still look great. Although this start is kinda bolstering my serious-but-not-really theory that Luke Walton's a better coach than Kerr (how long did it take him to lose two games?).

edit-also Draymond played out of his mind game seven (and through the whole playoffs pretty much), it's not his fault that his team left him hanging.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

EvanTH posted:

Zogoputer can you bring up the stats on roster continuity from one season to the next and how it seems to affect the performance of the best teams? thank you

The casual arrow points the other way: teams that perform well tend to stay together.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

RaySmuckles posted:

some times you just got to slap another man's meat

Was Roy Brown's song Butcher Pete, written in 1949, actually about Draymond Green?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY4N5NOAsH0

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

chunkles posted:

Was Roy Brown's song Butcher Pete, written in 1949, actually about Draymond Green?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY4N5NOAsH0

:eyepop:

edit: that song is…ridiculous.

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Nov 5, 2016

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Well, that was certainly a good choice for first Lakers game to go to in a year

And we even got tacos

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Dirk out for a while. :negative:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17973770/dallas-mavericks-star-dirk-nowitzki-miss-least-week-due-soreness-achilles-tendon

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Maybe Dallas should just tank. Although they probably won't need much help doing that with Dirk out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Harrison Barnes at about 18 points on 50% shooting as a #2 guy. I'm glad he's reaching out to his full potential.

Now if only they kept Jae Crowder....

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

GSW still so shook from last season that even seeing a former Cav like Timofey Mozgov renders Curry unable to knock down a 3. Shook Status: '94 LA Quake.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Tae posted:

Harrison Barnes at about 18 points on 50% shooting as a #2 guy. I'm glad he's reaching out to his full potential.

Now if only they kept Jae Crowder....

Barnes is the best current Mav. Dirk has barely played this season so Barnes hasn't even gotten much of a chance to be a number 2. DWill can't drive like he was able to last season. Matthews still can't shoot. Bogut is cool but he only plays 20 minutes when he is suited. Barea is the best bench player and might actually be better than DWill now. Powell, Mejri, and Anderson all have good moments but are inconsistent. Seth Curry and Quincy Acy are ok for their roles but it doesn't matter because the team is broken. :negative:

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Spoeank posted:

I'll save you all the trouble of looking for it

https://twitter.com/CauldronICYMI/status/794742851712086016

lord

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/YousefAbdeIhay/status/794769392370413568

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Might as well

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Last two posts are fire. Nice work. Warriors got ran out of the arena by the Lakers tonight, my god.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Solid. I laughed.

Also, gently caress last night. Ugh.

I can deal with Golden State making GBS threads the bed. But I don't want to see Dirk hobble into the sunset. Not like this. Not like this!

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've been rehabbing a partial achilles tear for about 4 months now. I can see how Dirk can still play but they take forever to heal and quick movements aggravate them. If he has achilles soreness now it's hard to see it going away any time soon

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
This is a good, short article about the level of support teams with a superstar get from their teammates: http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/2016/11/04/the-pels-supporting-cast-and-their-missing-second-lead/

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Its pretty crazy how narrative flips so fast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvgD9HNTMkM

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

*wakes up, looks at box scores*

*crashes into NBA thread Kool Aid Man style*

WHEN IT COMES TO LOSING TO THE LAKERS, THE WARRIORS ARE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF EVERY OTHER TEAM

*passes out*

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

E2M2 posted:

Its pretty crazy how narrative flips so fast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvgD9HNTMkM

It's a commercial

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

It cost them immortality.

I love that meat checking has the greatest karmic consequences of any activity.

Fate took the Warriors right to the edge, knowing that Draymond couldn't resist checking another man's meat just one more time...and then it all came crashing down like a house of cards.

They're one Zaza Pachulia injury away from being the biggest laughing stock in NBA history on a nightly basis...all because Draymond couldn't keep his hands and feet out of the cookie jar.

Good poo poo right here

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

The Warriors defense is really really fuckin terrible, according to both THE EYE TEST and the fact that they're giving up 110 points a game (which is still only third worst in the NBA)

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Niwrad posted:

Oh and how lovely is Denzel Valentine that he can't even get in the rotation on this team? Good lord has Forman whiffed on drafts.

He's turned his last 6 first round picks into Marquis Teague, Tony Snell, Doug McDermott (he used 2 firsts to get McDermott), Bobby Portis, and Denzel Valentine. McDermott looks to be the only one who could be in a good team's rotation (barely!) and that's only if the matchup was right.

It's going to be a fun team to watch. But Forman's best moves only happened because Wade was bitter and decided to come home, and because Butler decided to not bet on himself. The defense in the 4th quarter was painful to watch. Niko looks lost on that end, and Portis looks smaller and slower than last year. McDermott can't affect a game without a concerted effort to get him the ball. MCW actually looked pretty good before he got hurt though.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Dubs should give Philly Pat McCaw and stuff (to make salaries match) for Nerlens Noel because even if they get their poo poo together for the most part rim protection is a very real issue for them.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Alright, DeMar, you've made your point. You can stop taking whatever next level poo poo you're on right now.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Declan MacManus posted:

The Warriors defense is really really fuckin terrible, according to both THE EYE TEST and the fact that they're giving up 110 points a game (which is still only third worst in the NBA)

Yea, I don't know what it is, but people are driving right by Klay.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
John Wall is resting on back2back games until further notice.

Didn't the league say there's less b2b this year than ever before? So are teams just maximizing their days or something since there's so few?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
MCW looked like the same terrible shooter high turnover machine. Why do you think he looked good?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Meat

Checking

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

E2M2 posted:

Yea, I don't know what it is, but people are driving right by Klay.

he has no one to funnel them into so you are noticing people going by him and scoring instead of people going by him and running into one of the best rim protectors in the nba

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

John Wall is resting on back2back games until further notice.

Didn't the league say there's less b2b this year than ever before? So are teams just maximizing their days or something since there's so few?

He's recovering from multiple knee surgeries. Pels did a similar thing with Jrue last season while keeping his minutes restricted to start the season. It worked pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Declan MacManus posted:

The Warriors were so enamored with the style pioneered by the D'Antoni Suns that they accidently BECAME the D'Antoni Suns.

• Locked thread