Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Well Tim Curry convinced me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Anyone kno a good Li Yong-Rui station to fit out a conda in off the top of their heads?

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013

Pilchenstein posted:

Anyone kno a good Li Yong-Rui station to fit out a conda in off the top of their heads?

Diaguandri?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I should probably have said that was my first thought but according to eddb.io they don't have the bits I want. :smith:

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013

Pilchenstein posted:

I should probably have said that was my first thought but according to eddb.io they don't have the bits I want. :smith:

I think there's a nearby station that has the bits Diaguandri is missing, try a search with that as the starting point?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Herb Dington posted:

I think there's a nearby station that has the bits Diaguandri is missing, try a search with that as the starting point?
Seems like Panshin Ring in Fiden is a good bet, aye.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Libluini posted:

CD5 can give you almost the same speed and agility bonus as the DD5, so why the hell you guys want to roast yourself in space is mystifying to me. But if you want to, I won't stop you. :shrug:

CD5 didn't do anything to lower my ambient heat level when in supercruise. My DBX idled at the same heat level as DD5, but I could shoot more before overheating. Unless it was bugged when I tried, I can't imagine wanting CD5.

So, unless someone can go :spergin: on some numbers, I would think explorers would always want DD5 for the wiggle-room it gives you on high-g worlds since it provides no benefit while fuel scooping.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Welp I'm at Novas for tomorrow's Fawkes thingie. I haven't actually done a community gathering type thing before; are they typically chill, friendly affairs, or big griefer-magnets? Should I just buy a throwaway Sidewinder to cruise around in tomorrow, to save myself needless rebuy expenses?

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Trustworthy posted:

Welp I'm at Novas for tomorrow's Fawkes thingie. I haven't actually done a community gathering type thing before; are they typically chill, friendly affairs, or big griefer-magnets? Should I just buy a throwaway Sidewinder to cruise around in tomorrow, to save myself needless rebuy expenses?

This is kind of a new thing, but expect at least a few griefers. I have to work during it, but my plan had been to go in a silent running diamondback scout.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
They found a new alien crash site.

I officially claim ~First There in Open~ since I guess everyone is a pussy now: I was the only one there.

Since I had the place to myself, in open and everything, I attempted the first cross-species scoop-touching:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Since I had the place to myself, in open and everything, I attempted the first cross-species scoop-touching:
That's how humans got AIDS you filthy bastard!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

tooterfish posted:

That's how humans got AIDS you filthy bastard!

I REGRET NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! :allbuttons:

fakeedit: also I did it all for DF :patriot:

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah "alien" ship, that SRV is mighty suspicious, and why was it carrying a load of UAs? Hmmmmmmm?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Pictured: me not having fun properly according to Frontier

e: having 4 limpets working at a time is absolutely worth the lost 16 cargo space

marumaru fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Nov 5, 2016

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I haven't really played this since before Horizons. Is there anything to do in this game yet besides space trucking / looking at stars?

Did they ever do an ETA for Commander customization and multi crew or anything like that, or guild options?

Considering reinstalling it again but I don't want to waste my time if the only thing is just merchant marines and lunar go-karts.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
:siren:MULTICREW AND CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION ARENT GOING TO CHANGE THE FUNDAMENTAL CHARACTER OF THE GAME IF YOU HAVENT LIKED IT BEFORE YOU PROBABLY STILL WONT:siren:

But no. No ETA.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:siren:MULTICREW AND CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION ARENT GOING TO CHANGE THE FUNDAMENTAL CHARACTER OF THE GAME IF YOU HAVENT LIKED IT BEFORE YOU PROBABLY STILL WONT:siren:

But no. No ETA.

No loving poo poo, Sherlock. I never said I didn't like it, I just implied the game gets boring after about a week.

That's a shame though because I am looking forward to multi crew shenanigans.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Skoll posted:

No loving poo poo, Sherlock. I never said I didn't like it, I just implied the game gets boring after about a week.

That's a shame though because I am looking forward to multi crew shenanigans.

nice meltdown :grin:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I can't wait to reach the 4 week mark and get my cluster missiles.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Skoll posted:

I haven't really played this since before Horizons. Is there anything to do in this game yet besides space trucking / looking at stars?

Did they ever do an ETA for Commander customization and multi crew or anything like that, or guild options?

Considering reinstalling it again but I don't want to waste my time if the only thing is just merchant marines and lunar go-karts.

Hold out for the 2.3 patch, but you're still not going to like the game so maybe don't? :jiggled:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Please do a video pepper spraying yourself. I feel this should be a requirement of all GiP posters.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

:nallears:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Skoll posted:

Please do a video pepper spraying yourself. I feel this should be a requirement of all GiP posters.

:allears:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Just got my rear end (and a comically large load of precious gems) saved by Fuel Rats. Those dudes rock.

e: aaaaaaaaaaand voice commands turned off assist while i was approaching a mailslot in silent run

thanks for the 98% hull damage, 12mi cr fine and the tumbling that almost got me killed :argh:

marumaru fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Nov 5, 2016

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Can confirm that De Kamp at Botaiti is buying for above average prices:

Not entirely sure if it's worth the longass (10 jumps on my 256t loaded Type-7) haul

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Frontier pls put a bioware-style romance option in for crewmates

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

This thread has a gross overrepresentation of allears based emotes.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

This thread has a gross overrepresentation of allears based emotes.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Anyone else at Novas A 3 now?

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.
I thought is was Novas A 6 - there's an unregistered comms beacon there.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Open is full of SDC combat ships killing everyone in sight. In solo, the comms beacon is reading off numbers that sound like alphanumeric substitution but don't seem to translate to anything. So far, I've heard:

7 14 3 25 23 1 6 6 1 9 8 25 12 5 2 23 12 8 7 7 14 3 25 11 1 11 9 18 5 22 15 12 20 19 2 5 15 3 10 7 19 3 21 7 10 5 18 7 5 6 10 13 3 6 6 1 23 2 1 13 14 7 10 1 7 25 11 3 6 1 4 3 2 7 5 24 8 18 11 15 1 4 1 2 5 10 1 11 3 7 14 3 25 23 1 6 6 19 8 25 12 5 2 23 12 8 7 7 14 3 25 11 1 11 9 18 5 22 15 12 20 19 2 5

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.
It's a community goal in elli

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Don't Play Community Goals In Open

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Someday I hope to attend a community event that's not mysterious coordinates followed by griefers shooting at everybody.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
Got disconnected while 0.1ls from Wright City and now I can't get back in :saddowns:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Fatal Error posted:

Got disconnected while 0.1ls from Wright City and now I can't get back in :saddowns:

Sounds like a fatal error

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
If you haven't made it to Elli yet... Some rear end in a top hat wants Toxandji Viricide, so pick up a load on your way in.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Exactly what I was thinking; though I don't always :justpost:

Also, had my first death in awhile. I was running skimmer missions out of Niatis and took one at the penal colony. I have an A rated Python, so I didn't think much of whatever the defending ship would be. It turns out that it was a Dangerous Anaconda that just wrecked me. I'm still at cordial so only making ~3 million or so a run; hopefully I'll hit friendly this weekend. Only 15% left to get my Sol permit. Can't wait to take pretty screenshots of Europa and Ganymede.

Also, can anyone recommend / link me a decent and inexpensive silent running ship load?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

The Open instances I was in were all nice and calm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Trustworthy posted:

If you haven't made it to Elli yet... Some rear end in a top hat wants Toxandji Viricide, so pick up a load on your way in.

I am not sure I want to be a part in this ...

• Locked thread