Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Poltergrift posted:

Allison says "You've been flying the ship?"

I'm not sure how to take that as an order.

Yeah, that's why I edited my post above; I thought it was like what the post you're responding to said, then went and checked the page again and found I was wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Nyave clearly shrewd as gently caress. A worthy addition to the crew.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I took the "Well if you insist" as her meekly taking credit for the pretty cool thing she has factually been doing

"well if you insist that I've been flying the airship, I suppose I have been"

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
That, or we're going to discover that "flying the ship" actually means something closer to Farscape where you're just being nice to the ship and its pilot. :3:

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Thyrork posted:

That, or we're going to discover that "flying the ship" actually means something closer to Farscape where you're just being nice to the ship and its pilot. :3:

I wouldn't be surprised if we came across servants that were living ships, but they appear to be on a perfectly mundane flying boat.

Schwarzwald posted:

It's kind of incredibly hosed up that Mottom targets girls that are good at math in emulation of how she was chosen.

I doubt she gives a poo poo so long as they're healthy. It's the Mykosian's mistaken assumptions that are at fault here.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

I doubt she gives a poo poo so long as they're healthy. It's the Mykosian's mistaken assumptions that are at fault here.

I don't understand how it could be construed otherwise.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Schwarzwald posted:

It's kind of incredibly hosed up that Mottom targets girls that are good at math in emulation of how she was chosen.
It's how Mottom wishes she was chosen. If Mottom emulated her own experience, she'd be stuffing that tree with blondes and forcing a platinum wig on the bug maiden.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Who says they're mistaken assumptions? They most probably aren't told "send us young women so that we'll kill them to feed a tree that produces butt-fruits of eternal life", they're more likely told "send us young women to serve as handmaidens to our Queen-Goddess Mottom".

Bell_ posted:

It's how Mottom wishes she was chosen. If Mottom emulated her own experience, she'd be stuffing that tree with blondes and forcing a platinum wig on the bug maiden.

It's not the same experience, but it definitely results in targeting the same kind of women that Mottom herself was: smart and good at math, but also beautiful.

It's probably part of Mottom's self-loathing that she'd murder people similar to how she once was.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I think its more of a "only the best for Mother Om" kinda thing, so the prettiest, the smartest, the most well trained and educated women get handed over.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I love Cio's expression as she stares at the craft they're going to take.

Of course, it's no surprise that a fanficcer would appreciate a nice ship. :haw:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
So what are those white lines around Allison's arms? Is she using magic to move them?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
she's powering up her aura

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

she's shaking

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
whys there only stars in panel 5 , which isnt even outside, while other panels that are outside dont have stars?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Hmm why is Princess's text bubble not red like it was before

Abaddon, with this and the magical scissors, I can no longer in good faith buy K6BD Book 2.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

SunAndSpring posted:

Hmm why is Princess's text bubble not red like it was before

Abaddon, with this and the magical scissors, I can no longer in good faith buy K6BD Book 2.

Alison is using her magical powers to control xer vocal cords. Read the addendum to the alpha version of the Rule book from the video games (expected 2018), people!

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

There was, I believe, a mention that Nadia's Dames are picked out from among the maidens, and I imagine there's much more chance of getting picked if you've got all sorts of classical knowledge, so it's not necessarily all that mistaken.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

It's been reminding me of something as of late. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=539zCn8ySbc

AriadneThread posted:

she's shaking

She's a practitioner of a not so ancient vibration based Korean martial art that she learned at her Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Poltergrift posted:

Allison says "You've been flying the ship?"

I'm not sure how to take that as an order.

You've be'll flying the ship!

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Why can't you assholes just enjoy a page for once?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i am enjoying this page

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tollymain posted:

i am enjoying this page

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Demiurge4 posted:

Scissors of want cannot cut the spectrum of autism.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Demiurge4 posted:

Well, I -

If you insist...

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

I laughed at Princess' sheer "lets be real here" expression as she/he lays down the cold hard facts :v:

Her speech bubbles have changed color. Deliberate or mistake?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

A.o.D. posted:

Perhaps it indicates having run out of fucks to give

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

A.o.D. posted:

I read it as her not being ~dramatic~ and just stating that she be driving this caboose.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Roger Explosion posted:

I read it as her not being ~dramatic~ and just stating that she be driving this caboose.

Same here. Princess's just talking in her normal tone, not her "I wish you all the most horrible of deaths" tone.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Roger Explosion posted:

Same.

The red-on-black voice is a slightly higher pitched version of her original guttural and demonic Vladok voice. But it takes effort to put that on and her normal voice is just like Peridot from Steven Universe.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Begemot posted:

Same.

The red-on-black voice is a slightly higher pitched version of her original guttural and demonic Vladok voice. But it takes effort to put that on and her normal voice is just like Peridot from Steven Universe.

Actually thats how 82 White Chain Born in Emptiness Returns to Subdue Evil's voice sounds and Princess sound like Garnet.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Actually thats how 82 White Chain Born in Emptiness Returns to Subdue Evil's voice sounds and Princess sound like Garnet.

82 White Chain Born in Emptiness Returns to Subdue Evil sounds like Pearl and I will hear no argument :colbert:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
My mental voice for White Chain appears to be the cartoon version of Storm.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Begemot posted:

82 White Chain Born in Emptiness Returns to Subdue Evil sounds like Pearl and I will hear no argument :colbert:

Bad Pearl maybe.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Rand Brittain posted:

My mental voice for White Chain appears to be the cartoon version of Storm.

Oh poo poo that's perfect. And then 2 Michael can be Apocalypse.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

VanSandman posted:

Bad Pearl maybe.

Yes

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Everyone is voiced by Kristen Schaal.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Cat Mattress posted:

Everyone is voiced by Kristen Schaal.

Oddly enough the Kristen Schaal cameo was voiced by Beyonce.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
So is this officially 83 White Chain or still 82? Does getting your armor back count as a reincarnation?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Super Waffle posted:

So is this officially 83 White Chain or still 82? Does getting your armor back count as a reincarnation?

It's still 82. There's no new incarnation unless they all the way die like Liminal Blossom did, but killing their armor super hard can cause that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
It seemed to me that getting banished is different from getting killed, and the latter would have meant a long time regenerating.

efb