Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Scratch Monkey posted:

Me too. On the other hand...

Pretty sure what adds another level to this is that it's Jenna Fischer's kid.

Edit: google tells me I'm wrong. She did share the pic on twitter, tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

DrBouvenstein posted:

Everyone knows the mother is supposed to be Ana, not D.Va! :argh:

No no, Ana is grandma! Isn't Mercy the mom?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Patattack posted:

No no, Ana is grandma! Isn't Mercy the mom?

From the various fanart I've been subjected to, it's Reinhart and Ana as grandparents with Mercy/Pharah as mom(s) and all the younger characters as kids. Or just D.va as a kid in Doritos Gremlin mode.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

I loving love this.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kwyndig posted:

From the various fanart I've been subjected to, it's Reinhart and Ana as grandparents with Mercy/Pharah as mom(s) and all the younger characters as kids. Or just D.va as a kid in Doritos Gremlin mode.

Just a sidenote; while most of those are just the usual dumb fandom, snack-chugging D.Va really is the logical endpoint for the "streaming gamer" persona. Even Blizzard have gone towards that direction a bit with her new emote :allears:.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

The hero we deserve

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
nice fighto

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Ah, and in NJ too, the 1st ranked C-Class state in the union.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just a sidenote; while most of those are just the usual dumb fandom, snack-chugging D.Va really is the logical endpoint for the "streaming gamer" persona. Even Blizzard have gone towards that direction a bit with her new emote :allears:.

If you look at her RIP victory pose in the Hero viewer and spin it around, there's a couple of suspiciously orange corn chips on the back, which you would never see on the victory screen.

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!
They've also fully leaned into the Dad 76 thing, with (for example) his golfing victory pose, as well as his Halloween spray where he's the only adult character, and the only one not in costume, but instead handing out candy.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Puri Puri Prisoner, Mosquito Girl and Crabrante. Dang.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

This really is brilliant.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Does anyone want to say who that is or are we just going to do that fun thing where everyone quotes the picture and add tumblr quotes underneath with no context?

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Retro Futurist posted:

Does anyone want to say who that is or are we just going to do that fun thing where everyone quotes the picture and add tumblr quotes underneath with no context?

It's Licenseless Rider from One Punch Man. He's a normal person with no superpowers whatsoever.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Should I be embarrassed or proud that I've never heard of One Punch Man? Possibly a little of both?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Embarrassed because one punch man is good

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

Basebf555 posted:

Should I be embarrassed or proud that I've never heard of One Punch Man? Possibly a little of both?

That's a question you'll have to answer for yourself.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Retro Futurist posted:

Watch OnePunch Man. It's really good.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
He's also a great Kamen Rider parody character who should have really been called Common Rider in English.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

TGG posted:

He's also a great Kamen Rider parody character who should have really been called Common Rider in English.

Unfortunately that sort of decision isn't up to the localization team (official manga translators, dub staff) because character names is one of the things the original rights holder usually gets full control over these days. Judging from the rest of the character names in OPM compared to the original text I'm guessing the rule they were given was "translations only or leave the names alone".

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Renowned Dark Souls (+other games) streamer LobosJr, who you may know from doing ridiculous playthroughs such as fist-only runs of Dark Souls 1, 2, 3, and Bloodborne, dressed up as D.Va for a big halloween stream.

https://twitter.com/Lobosjrgaming/status/793119765153800193

His fiancée, Fieldy, was Hanzo.

https://twitter.com/fieldyfieldy/status/793181911338225664

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Shalhavet posted:

It's Licenseless Rider from One Punch Man. He's a normal person with no superpowers whatsoever.

Is that what his name means? No idea what a 'Mumen Rider' was, figured it was a just close sounding to Kamen Rider.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Blackchamber posted:

Is that what his name means? No idea what a 'Mumen Rider' was, figured it was a just close sounding to Kamen Rider.

Yeah, that's the literal translation. Personally, I prefer "Common Rider" but "Mumen" is the official translation.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Killer Queen looking like he just got back from his trip abroad in the Seven Seas of Rye Whiskey.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

idgi

Unibrow
May 12, 2001

It's a superhero Called Mumen-Rider (who's name translates to Licenseless-Rider, and who's power is that he owns a bicycle) from a show called One-Punch Man, an anime where basically Charlie Brown gets Goku powers and fights the ridiculous monsters from Evangelion with the ridiculous superheroes from The Tick. If you like Venture Brothers, then give it a shot.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oh I know about One-Punch Man. I think it's kind-of "meh" tbh, but I get the appeal. Didn't know that character though. Solid cosplay.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

while we're at it, can somebody explain to me every cosplay that's been posted in this thread so far? especially the ones that have already been explained

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The important thing is you still give a crap about me.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Alaois posted:

while we're at it, can somebody explain to me every cosplay that's been posted in this thread so far? especially the ones that have already been explained

Male Cosplay: A funny pun made into 3D form, a chance to show muscles, but usually a love-letter to a franchise or character they love that they want to be.
Female Cosplay: Solely an excuse to show the female form
Animal Cosplay: cute.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

well someone should tell McPanteserson she's been doing it wrong this whole time then

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
she's a goon, of course she's wrong

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I spotted this family at PAX Aus today. Can't really see it so well because it's a crappy photo, but I thought it was genius to do Banjo Kazooie with dad as Banjo and the baby as Kazooie.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Alaois posted:

well someone should tell McPanteserson she's been doing it wrong this whole time then

McP is the reason why this is the only picture thread where a woman comes in, posts pictures of herself, and everyone yells "Woo yeah baby! Put some more clothes on!"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

*In Snatch Duster voice* Amazing Reaper gank cosplay.

• Locked thread