Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Hit 50 mithril and couldn't not pull

Well ok. Guess Tidus just joined my A team! I have a golden hairpin too, so I guess he's good to go.

I really need to hoard mithril to pull on my back line now. Cloud OSB, Tidus OSB and Faris BSB, but my support lineup is... garbage.

I honestly can't believe I got both OSB in one pull each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Ok, I'm thinking of giving this drat Mateus fight one more shot just to say I tried everything, but I wanted to run this by you guys first to see if it's even worth trying with my setup.

So far I'm thinking:

Ramza (lvl. 82) / Shout + Unsung Hero / R1 Full Break, R2 Swift Bolt / Dr. Mog's
Tyro ( lvl. 73) / Default SB / R2 Magic Breakdown, R2 Banishing Strike / One-Eyed General
Garnet (lvl. 70) / Dagger of Resolve + Divine Guardian / R4 Ramuh, R1 Quetzalcotl / Battleforged - using Kaiser Shield for bonus lightning damage
Terra (lvl. 69) / Magitek Missile + Fire Beam / R2 Thundaja, R1 Chain Thundaga (or R2 Thundaga) / Prey on the Weak
Selphie (lvl. 80) / Dreamstage / R4 Curaga, R2 Shellga / Mako Might

And RWing Tyro with Sentinel's Grimoire (would Keeper's Tome be more useful here for the magic blink? Or is Sentinel's + Shellga just that much better?)

I realize my hones are total poo poo, and I have terrible synergy for XII and zero ice resistance equipment of any kind. Does this look even remotely feasible, or should I just save the stamina? It really hurts not having more characters leveled up because Tyro sucks pretty bad here, but the only other characters I could slot in would be Cloud, Gilgamesh, Luneth, or Beatrix, and none of those seem particularly useful in that spot. Gilgamesh and Beatrix have their BSBs, but the azers are immune to Beatrix's and Gilgamesh's does pretty bad damage + tauntaliate seems useless for this fight. Cloud could bring Thundara Strike to the fight, but his only SB is Climhazzard and the damage was godawful last time I tried it. Luneth has nothing and is only leveled up so I can work towards his bonus XP RM. Terra isn't ideal here either, especially since my team is already going from a physical A-team to a horrible mish-mash of random poo poo that can do lightning damage, but I think she can do more work in that spot than anybody else on the list.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Your levels are fine, but your hones are...really, really low, for Ultimates. Do you not have Curaja?

Tyro will do much better with Swift Bolt than Ramza will.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
You have the bare bones, but hones are definitely going to be an issue. It should be no problem getting another hone out of Swift Bolt, for instance.

How's your defense without Wall? If you can handle the Short Fuse section, Maria's Song will bolster your mixed party (and you already have Ramza for Haste).

But yeah, swap Swift Bolt and Magic Breakdown on their characters.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
That's... preeeeetty darned low hones for a mage team, I dunno about that. If you can squeeze out a few more uses it might work out, but that's very low hones even by my "R2 Breakdowns are good enough" standards.

If I were running with that low of hones on my key damage dealers, I'd definitely be RWing a Burst to hinge my damage on, put it that way...

I'm gonna tout this one last time, though; Machinations RW does work in that fight, for a native Shout swinging physical team, if you haven't tried it.

It's how I (literally) stomped Mateus; Shockstorm is a fun little 1.2x stompy of multitarget lightning damage that also has a decent stun rate. It's mitigation of the fight and good MT damage in a tidy package. Has a nice little double break too on the second command.

The intro literally does no damage, mind you, due to water null, but you should, with a decent enough team, be able to Shockstorm the crystals to death and blow off a lot of Mateus' life.

Of course, finding the RW isn't exactly easy... I found some other weird corner situation where I wanted the darned thing, complained about it for two weeks because I could never get it despite spamming refresh, and ended up keeping a constant eye out for Machinations RWs... so I dunno if that's gonna be possible. But hey, if you can get it, it's something to try if the mage end doesn't work.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I could squeeze another hone out of Thundaja and Swift Bolt, and I do have Curaja at R2 but just realized I could convert a major orb and get it to R3. I'm just not sure if it's worth bothering with when I'm still saving for R2 Full Break since those lightning orbs would be basically wasted if it doesn't work.

My defense without RWing Tyro seems...pretty bad. I have R2 Shellga and Protectga, but no defensive SBs and no ice resistance gear whatsoever, so I'd basically just be bringing high Res gear and crossing my fingers.

Blegh having all these orb bottlenecks sucks rear end, and every time I can't do an ultimate or something I just get more and more behind the curve. I wasn't strong enough to do the 5 Dooms event so I already missed out in a humongous way that I'll probably never really catch up with, but even doing all the dailies constantly I just don't ever have enough. It just sucks when it's not my levels or gear that is holding me back because I just feel like I'm spinning my wheels while I gather orbs.

I usually skip Wall and just RW a good Burst and burn down enemies even with my lovely hones - I've been able to do the past 5 Ultimates, past 4 U+ fights, and the last U++ that way. Multi-target fights just really turn that strategy to poo poo, though, because the damage is too overwhelming and I can't just mitigate by doing Full Break + Breakdown + Shellga / Protectga like I can on a single target.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
PSA for folks sitting on a horde of eggs and looking for a character to level up to 80+, Onion Knight has Cid Missions attached to his growth for the FF3 event. levels 15, 30, 50, 65 and 80 have CMs attached to them for the duration of the event and have OK Motes attached to them. GET THEM. Otherwise you get to farm MORE FF3 dungeons in hopes of getting them to drop to max out your Onion's spheres.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

To be fair, though, the OK EXP dungeon drops onion motes, and it's not like you'll be using your stamina on anything else during the event period, so you'll likely get all 12 you need quickly enough.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Warning; You have to grind anyways for a full Record.

You need 12 motes, you get five from the CMs and one from an Ultimate.

On the plus side, do you really intend on not abusing ten days of EXP daily? I mean, that's what drops the motes.

Edit: Beaten already, wow.

Also, I'm wondering if that EXP dungeon gives FF3 synergy. That'd be appropriate and hilarious.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Mmmkay, after a while of trying the FF12 U++, I'm not quite sure where to proceed, now, and need some help.

I'll begin by saying my FF12 Synergy is not too great. I have Fran's SSB Bow, and one of Ashe's swords. That's it, the rest are fused 4*s to, admittedly, being 4+++s. My initial strategy of plowing through things with the usual barrage of SBs is not working, so I went to try to go more Knight-wise, to get more holy damage in. Not as much power, either.

So I'm thinking this. Everyone is level 80.

Bartz(BSB and SSB): Lifesiphon, Magic Break
Faris(BSB and SSB): Thief's Revenge+Tempo Flurry
Leon(Hand of the Emperor): Saint's CrossR2, Magic Lure
Tyro(BSB+SG): Full Break+Banishing Strike
Eiko(Her two SSBs) Curaja+Shellga.

I'm basically thinking of getting enough firepower going on and with Leon magic luring the Darkra, buy myself some time to do it.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Do you have a native faithga?

The only way i got through it was by stacking as much mag as I could on maria wielding a stoneblade, faithga, summon a hope BSB and spam the poo poo out of him while literally everyone else healed, broke or buffed. If you have a mage that can use swords at 80, that's your best option for damage.

Magic lure + 6* dark resist armlet is useful - don't need to bring shell.

Inge fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 5, 2016

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Cosmic Afro posted:

Mmmkay, after a while of trying the FF12 U++, I'm not quite sure where to proceed, now, and need some help.

I'll begin by saying my FF12 Synergy is not too great. I have Fran's SSB Bow, and one of Ashe's swords. That's it, the rest are fused 4*s to, admittedly, being 4+++s. My initial strategy of plowing through things with the usual barrage of SBs is not working, so I went to try to go more Knight-wise, to get more holy damage in. Not as much power, either.

So I'm thinking this. Everyone is level 80.

Bartz(BSB and SSB): Lifesiphon, Magic Break
Faris(BSB and SSB): Thief's Revenge+Tempo Flurry
Leon(Hand of the Emperor): Saint's CrossR2, Magic Lure
Tyro(BSB+SG): Full Break+Banishing Strike
Eiko(Her two SSBs) Curaja+Shellga.

I'm basically thinking of getting enough firepower going on and with Leon magic luring the Darkra, buy myself some time to do it.

For starters, you're mitigating the wrong damage type. Daedalus has only one magica attack (Piercing Darkra), which you can take care of with that Magic Lure + a Dark resist item. So change to Power Breakdown + Protectga instead. Then, is it possible to have a setup where the Saint Cross and Banishing Strike are on your Bow and Sword users? Daedalus is stupid tanky, and you want to hit the weakness when you can.

Honestly though, you may not be able to do this with such low synergy. This guy is almost Mote Ifrit-tier in difficulty. I got massive synergy, and it still took me almost two hours of attempts to squeak out a win. :shrug:

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Blegh having all these orb bottlenecks sucks rear end, and every time I can't do an ultimate or something I just get more and more behind the curve. I wasn't strong enough to do the 5 Dooms event so I already missed out in a humongous way that I'll probably never really catch up with, but even doing all the dailies constantly I just don't ever have enough. It just sucks when it's not my levels or gear that is holding me back because I just feel like I'm spinning my wheels while I gather orbs.

Chill, for the most part the only missable things most Ultimates reward are accessories, and even those end up being a nuisance eventually. Personally I'd only get antsy if missing mythril, since that is the most important resource long term, that isn't farmable in any ways.

Piles of major orbs are nice and all, but nothing mandatory, since dailies and orbfests will shower you with them anyways. You just gotta first invest in the baseline hones to be able to do Ults comfortably, and then enjoy the Major Orb interest once you're there. Trying to skip too far ahead the curve is going to lead to frustration.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Attestant posted:

For starters, you're mitigating the wrong damage type. Daedalus has only one magica attack (Piercing Darkra), which you can take care of with that Magic Lure + a Dark resist item. So change to Power Breakdown + Protectga instead. Then, is it possible to have a setup where the Saint Cross and Banishing Strike are on your Bow and Sword users? Daedalus is stupid tanky, and you want to hit the weakness when you can.

Honestly though, you may not be able to do this with such low synergy. This guy is almost Mote Ifrit-tier in difficulty. I got massive synergy, and it still took me almost two hours of attempts to squeak out a win. :shrug:

Chill, for the most part the only missable things most Ultimates reward are accessories, and even those end up being a nuisance eventually. Personally I'd only get antsy if missing mythril, since that is the most important resource long term, that isn't farmable in any ways.

Piles of major orbs are nice and all, but nothing mandatory, since dailies and orbfests will shower you with them anyways. You just gotta first invest in the baseline hones to be able to do Ults comfortably, and then enjoy the Major Orb interest once you're there. Trying to skip too far ahead the curve is going to lead to frustration.

Yeah, it's just annoying when I know I could finish a fight if I had juuust a few more hones, especially when the orbs that the fights drop could let me get some of those hones. I know I'll get there in time (mostly), though obviously I'll never have remotely the kind of flexibility a Day 1 player has. And I mean, I technically am missing mythril too, albeit not very much. As long as all the fights don't suddenly start ramping way up and they drop a shitload of multi-target bosses all over the place, I'll be fine.

The 5 Dooms thing is a legit bummer though, since everyone makes it sound like missing that was a really huge deal that basically screwed me out of a bunch of good stuff for a very long time, even if I was pretty far away from being able to use it anyway.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
How good is the EXP dungeon with the III event then? Just as good as the EXP daily? Cause that's pretty cool if true. Would certainly like to level some of these I, XIV, and Tactics guys alongside OK.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Yeah, I dislike how they did 5 Dooms because of this. Especially since the core Nightmare dungeons themselves are permanently repeating content.

Though 6* skills are like the ultimate luxury in this game, that you never really need. And out of the 5 Dooms ones only a handful were really good, and even they have competing 6* skills that are permanently acquirable, like Northern Cross, Curada or Meltdown. Biggest loss is the source of easy crystals via shattering the free skills.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

I'd honestly say the only 5 dooms skill that's a bummer to miss is Mug Bloodlust. All of the others range from situational to good but not great, considering they're really hard to hone. Stitch in Time is only useful on Tyro and Fujin and OK (maybe Yuffie), Aegis Strike is good in concept but not so much in execution, Penalty Snipe is just...abysmal, the dragoon one is gimmicky as hell. Snowspell Strike is fine but more 2-hit spellblade abilities come out in the future, and those are 5* so they're much easier to hone.

e: I literally forgot the samurai one existed so that should be commentary enough on how noteworthy it is, it's Fine but there is a 5* samurai skill that's just as good

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Nov 5, 2016

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Yeah, it's just annoying when I know I could finish a fight if I had juuust a few more hones, especially when the orbs that the fights drop could let me get some of those hones. I know I'll get there in time (mostly), though obviously I'll never have remotely the kind of flexibility a Day 1 player has. And I mean, I technically am missing mythril too, albeit not very much. As long as all the fights don't suddenly start ramping way up and they drop a shitload of multi-target bosses all over the place, I'll be fine.

The 5 Dooms thing is a legit bummer though, since everyone makes it sound like missing that was a really huge deal that basically screwed me out of a bunch of good stuff for a very long time, even if I was pretty far away from being able to use it anyway.

6* abilities are a luxury for long time players. You'll get 90% of the mileage from 4* skills.

Do you have shout or sheepsong? If you have neither, and no natural wall, you're not going anywhere. Don't stress out about this it's a a dumb cell phone game. You'll get better poo poo in a month.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Ugh, I swear the game is compensating for the Double Greens event by actually giving me less Greens drops than usual. :arghfist::tinfoil:

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

SageAcrin posted:

Of course, finding the RW isn't exactly easy... I found some other weird corner situation where I wanted the darned thing, complained about it for two weeks because I could never get it despite spamming refresh, and ended up keeping a constant eye out for Machinations RWs... so I dunno if that's gonna be possible. But hey, if you can get it, it's something to try if the mage end doesn't work.

Have I got news for you! Just go to that link, enter a SB name in the Search bar and voila.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Kawalimus posted:

How good is the EXP dungeon with the III event then? Just as good as the EXP daily? Cause that's pretty cool if true. Would certainly like to level some of these I, XIV, and Tactics guys alongside OK.

I'm personally just going to egg Onion Knight because he's gonna be terrible until the 90s anyway. Unless it happens that you need him in the party to get his motes, I'm not gonna worry too much about that. But if it's just as good as Sundaily, that'd be pretty awesome!

...man I really hope I get Onion Knight's burst.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Alxprit posted:

Fuckin :same:

I did a 50 on this FFX banner (got two chaos rods, which I'm pretty happy with) but the rest of my mythril is going to go towards FF3 - 1 for OK's Burst. Hopefully with all the handouts I should have enough for two pulls by then.

I just want to add that after a year and a half of playing I still only have one native Hastega, Porom's SSB. For some reason the slot machine just really, really, REALLY does not want me to have a good Hastega SB :(

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Alxprit posted:

I'm personally just going to egg Onion Knight because he's gonna be terrible until the 90s anyway. Unless it happens that you need him in the party to get his motes, I'm not gonna worry too much about that. But if it's just as good as Sundaily, that'd be pretty awesome!

I'm kind of up in the air on it. I know he's bad but if I can save my eggs to hotshot some other guys to 99 I'd rather do it that way. I'll egg him to 50 of course. Will depend on how good the dungeon is. I'd bet it won't be as good as sundaily but we shall see.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

NaanViolence posted:

OSBs don't excite me for this reason. You can't really do a straight comparison, but a solid BSB with utility is going to be better in most situations.

Having both is best of all! :circlefap:
OSB's seem like a bomb that's ideally dropped after you've already launched your BSB. My ideal run with Terra would be BSB, whichever command gets me the most x2 or 3 and smashing face with her OSB after that. Not that I have her OSB yet, but I'm saving for that banner.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Bell_ posted:

OSB's seem like a bomb that's ideally dropped after you've already launched your BSB. My ideal run with Terra would be BSB, whichever command gets me the most x2 or 3 and smashing face with her OSB after that. Not that I have her OSB yet, but I'm saving for that banner.

Terra's BSB is... well, it's not bad per se, but there's no synergy with her OSB. I'm thinking you meant her Enspell, which is her second SSB.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
For people who care about them, there is a Cid's Mission for FF3 and Onion Knight is your only option for a Support 5 (once dived). It's a boss rush too so you'd need to reapply any debuffs after each boss goes down, and the first one up has piercing attacks. Not sure how tough it ended up being, but it's a definite case for people who want 2 Major Fire Orbs. It sucks you need to bring him to at least like Level 95 and dive him for him to be useable for the CM, so you could make do with Ingus (or Desch).

And in case you forgot the recent buffs:
Luneth gained Darkness 4 and Dragoon 5, so he can self-buff for the CM and stack with his default SB.
Desch gained Support 4 and Machinist 4, which makes him an option when you need get a status effect, or for Support if Ingus is busy.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Terra's BSB is... well, it's not bad per se, but there's no synergy with her OSB. I'm thinking you meant her Enspell, which is her second SSB.

It's still a 20% MAG buff while the Burst is active which is pretty nice for mages since it's hard to hit their cap - but yeah, the EnFire SSB is better.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 5, 2016

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I don't have that SB... though if they don't change up the banner I think it's on the same one as the OSB!

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Well looks like im not gonna get a single one of the ffxii free hats from the halloween event. loving gyshal greens has been super unfair to me. As in only 1 extra drop the entire time the event has been up. At least I got the costumes...

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I'd honestly say the only 5 dooms skill that's a bummer to miss is Mug Bloodlust. All of the others range from situational to good but not great, considering they're really hard to hone. Stitch in Time is only useful on Tyro and Fujin and OK (maybe Yuffie), Aegis Strike is good in concept but not so much in execution, Penalty Snipe is just...abysmal, the dragoon one is gimmicky as hell. Snowspell Strike is fine but more 2-hit spellblade abilities come out in the future, and those are 5* so they're much easier to hone.

e: I literally forgot the samurai one existed so that should be commentary enough on how noteworthy it is, it's Fine but there is a 5* samurai skill that's just as good

Stitch in Time is better than people give it credit for honestly. I did the crazy thing and honed it to R2 for Yuffie and it's been great even just as a damage tool. Instant cast damage is wonderful and it hits hard enough to be useful even in Ult fights. Plus when I do want to have Yuffie bring a Ninja scroll there's like 0 need to regear her for MAG since the splash of MAG from her SSB relic plus the Stitch in Time buff is more than sufficient to hit the Ninja MAG softcap.

You also forgot Monk's Lifebane, which is super good in certain circumstances where you have a monk that can get their ATK through the clouds, such as Zell or Refia with their SSBs.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
There will be so much joy and sorrow in this thread once OK Banner 1 drops.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Is OK's BSB one of those things like Shout / Wall / Hastega that you are just expected to have going forward? I dunno how much mythril I should try to set aside for it, I know I definitely want to be able to pull on OSB Fest, Alphinaud, the XIII banner, and any Lucky banners that come up. I should probably skip a few dailies and grind out a bunch of these normal / elite dungeons that I still have sitting around.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's on their level in the sense that if you don't have Shout then OK BSB is just as good. You don't need both of them.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Is OK's BSB one of those things like Shout / Wall / Hastega that you are just expected to have going forward? I dunno how much mythril I should try to set aside for it, I know I definitely want to be able to pull on OSB Fest, Alphinaud, the XIII banner, and any Lucky banners that come up. I should probably skip a few dailies and grind out a bunch of these normal / elite dungeons that I still have sitting around.

Not as such. It's party wide +30% Atk & Mag, and Hastega in one, so basically a Shout + Sheepsong hybrid. It's very sought after because it allows running mixed parties a lot easier. But it does lose to Shout in 100% physical parties, for example.

(Edit) Also helps a lot that the banner itself is rather strong too:

Luneth's Gungnir [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, 100% Stun, En-Wind, Burst Mode
Onion Knight's Onion Gauntlets [BSSB, +5 ATK, +5 MAG] - ATK & MAG +30% and Haste to party, Burst Mode

Onion Knight's Onion Sword [SSB, +10 ATK] - Single-target physical attack, number of hits is dependent on user's SPD, DEF & RES -50%
Arc's White Mage Robe [SSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & 1 time Physical Blink to party, Instant Cast
Luneth's Lust Dagger [SSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Wind ranged physical attacks, DEF +50% to party
Arc's Elder Wand [SSB, +10 MND] - Shell, High Regen & 1 time Magic Blink to party
Ingus' Heroic Shield - Protect & Haste to party

Attestant fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 5, 2016

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Onion BSB is actually superior for an all physical/magical team when compared to Shout/Sheep since OK actually has really amazing burst commands to go alongside the entry buff (COM1: 4 hit physical attack with powerchain effect. COM:2 4 hit magical attack with a powerchain effect.) The BSB is pretty stupidly powerful.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
An atk/mag buff stacking with shout (or sheepsong) is quite an advantage, although I'd personally take either of the former over the latter.

I run a full physical party with shout and I already have Celes' BSB (same buff minus the haste, which is irrelevant anyway due to shout) so OK isn't a huge deal. I'm still pulling since I only have one 5* item for the realm, but I'm not going to be overly heartbroken if I miss out on his BSB. Apparently he should be capable of putting out a solid amount of dps with his burst commands due to them being multi-hit and instant cast after the first.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
That depends on your team. They're definitely equal, though.

To me OK's real draw is the combination of his BSB and his SB from the second banner that is a 40% medica. That makes him at least as versatile as Ramza if you have both relics.

EDIT: Firion just cleaned up the basic witches. Is the big boy brawl just as easy?

NaanViolence fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Nov 5, 2016

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

I have Shout and Sheepsong both so Vessel of Fate is something I can definitely fall back on RWing if it comes to that but if you don't have a Boostga or Faithga, you kind of want to go deep on it. It's the next big game changer and nothing's come out that's as game-warping since.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

NaanViolence posted:

To me OK's real draw is the combination of his BSB and his SB from the second banner that is a 40% medica. That makes him at least as versatile as Ramza if you have both relics.

EDIT: Firion just cleaned up the basic witches. Is the big boy brawl just as easy?

Both of the coliseum events have been super easy for me so far - the first two difficulties are one-hit kills and on the third I had to stop myself from killing them too quickly so I could get the medal conditions out of the way. They seem like a bit of a bone thrown to new players since they all give out a pretty big chunk of orbs and so far seem completely doable with crappy gear / hones, which is cool. I think an RWed Tidus can take out the brawl all by himself, or pretty close.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

NaanViolence posted:

Yeah, the brawl stuff is easy. Bring AoE water like the new shooter 4*, or ninja magic + leviathan, and you'll wreck the next one too. The whole event it pretty undertuned and easy, as long as you can deal with multiple enemies at once.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Yeah, I don't have ANY of the offensive part of the trinity, just medicas and both walls, and I'm kind of excited to be able to run a mixed team, so I'm putting in two pulls for OK BSB. If I don't get it in two...well, it wasn't meant to be, because I'm not dipping further into my precious XIV banner stores. :colbert: Alphinaud's SSB is also pretty good for mixed teams, and Papalymo's Ley Lines on that banner is literally superior to Sheepsong and is the best mage shout, sooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Y'know, somehow I missed Ley Lines existing, despite planning on drawing on that banner.

:catstare: That is a scarily good banner.

• Locked thread