Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elkaline
Mar 2, 2011

Herbotron posted:

Sickmotion on youtube is pretty alright, I've never caught his stream though.

Seems like just what I was looking for, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

elkaline posted:

I have never touched LOL but caught the last half of the new viewer stream of the worlds finals and it peaked my interest. Does anyone have any recommendations for streamers who actually take the time to explain what they are doing and why the are making certain choices, rather than just mindlessly yelling?

Jungling is kind of a weird niche skillset that doesn't help a new player - but foxdrop has a good YouTube channel if you're interested.

He has his fair share of click bait "top 5 mistakes new players make" videos, and he misses a lot of plays because he's too busy finding his dog, but his full gameplay are usually very informative and interesting. He's good about saying what he's buying and why, when and where he's ganking, etc.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
this is neat. Select a champion, get a playlist made for that champion based on their mood and playstyle. People seemed to like it on reddit so i figured itd be lukewarmly welcomed here

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Doesn't have Anivia yet so I submitted a song :shobon:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Luna Was Here posted:

this is neat. Select a champion, get a playlist made for that champion based on their mood and playstyle. People seemed to like it on reddit so i figured itd be lukewarmly welcomed here

i picked fiora and DIDNT get pretenious french jazz. unsubscribed, unliked, disapproved, downvoted, punched, smashged my computer and will NOT be visiting this piece of poo poo again

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
How the hell do you clear with Eve? I've been messing around in customs since she's free and I don't think I've ever survived two camps

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
First song for Darius wasn't chipper anime pop songs, what is this site even for??? I'm going to submit terrible anime music until this is fixed.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moatman posted:

How the hell do you clear with Eve? I've been messing around in customs since she's free and I don't think I've ever survived two camps

You tag camps you don't intend to clear with your Q as you run by them to trigger the passive on Hunter's Talisman. If, say, you start with a leash on Krugs you then go clear red solo, then go to blue; but, as you run past raptors and wolves shoot a Q at them. Shoot the Q when you're already past the camp to avoid getting hit. You can also "kite" camps that you choose to clear; run back and forth spamming Q whenever E is on cooldown, then close to melee only to get the empowered autos from E then go back to running around. The goal with that bit is to make you feel good about yourself and your leet skills, as it has very little bearing on your health at the end of the clear. Assuming you smite the Krugs, fight Red, Q raptors, Q wolves, and Smite the Blue buff, you'll end with ~80% health even if you don't kite or use potions. Just make sure to line up the little monsters in a camp so that everything gets hit with Q and you're set. After your first clear (sans Gromp), take a scuttle, gank, or go buy your jungle item and the rest of your clears should be fine.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I've put mid primary my last 6 games and got mid 1 time and I want to register a complaint

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

The first three I tried were Janna, Sona and Zilean and it doesn't offer a playlist for any of then.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
7. last 7 games

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't like Vel'Koz, why does he do so much damage? :(

Because his ult is a channel that can only be used in a more-or-less straight line and he has zero CC beyond an okay slow (that's perilously hard to hit on more than one target) and his knockup, which has a base cooldown of 16 seconds. Vel'Koz is a glass cannon in every sense of the word.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

flyingkiwi posted:

7. last 7 games

i have mid secondary and i got it like 5 games in a row last night. i was pretty unprepared if im being honest, i maybe get it 1/5 games these days usually.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Rumble goons:

Are you supposed to generally overheat in a teamfight like at all or do you basically only want to if you absolutely have to like someone is gonna kill you but they have a tiny bit of HP left themselves kinda thing?

Would it be a safe rule to just like plan to never overheat during teamfights and just try to do danger zone Qs on cooldown with the occasional harpoon for fleeing enemies?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i think after you use your ultimate and your E charges it's generally fine to use Q to overheat yourself and try to get the extra damage on autos, assuming you're winning the fight. if you're not, you need to kite longer with your Es until you are

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Luna Was Here posted:

Chose Mordekaiser, got Children of the Grave as my first selection. A++ good site IMO

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

flyingkiwi posted:

I've put mid primary my last 6 games and got mid 1 time and I want to register a complaint

I've gotten up to 18 support going jungle/support but maybe that's cheating. The only real difference between it and support/jungle is queue time

(Okay that's not fair, it's getting jungle 5% vs 1%)

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Luna Was Here posted:

Singed got me a remix of Toriel's battle theme from Undertail. :iiam:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Luna Was Here posted:

I'm sorry, but I suck
No playlist exists yet for Udyr. But maybe you can help!
Do you have a song in mind for this champion?

GARBAGE

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
It doesnt update automatically but I've made like a dozen suggestions already. Just waiting on them to be processed.

Cassiopeia
Twitch
Lissandra
Ivern
Kennen
Ezreal
Janna

Sadly I had no luck finding a clean version of Monkey Magic by Godiego for Wukong.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I'm back in platinum but I have had three uncarriable games in a row because i am loving bad. Namaste

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Luna Was Here posted:

Chose the Jhin Playlist and the first song was "The Best is Yet to Come" by Frank Sinatra. A+ Site.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The hidden primary use for the site is to figure out which heroes' mains have the worst taste in music

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Just had a 50 minute Poro King game. Feeling drained. We won.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone who queues for poro king gets what they deserve imo

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Stefan Prodan posted:

Rumble goons:

Are you supposed to generally overheat in a teamfight like at all or do you basically only want to if you absolutely have to like someone is gonna kill you but they have a tiny bit of HP left themselves kinda thing?

Would it be a safe rule to just like plan to never overheat during teamfights and just try to do danger zone Qs on cooldown with the occasional harpoon for fleeing enemies?

Generally speaking, don't be too afraid to overheat if its an all out brawl of a team fight as long as you've already dropped your ult. It takes about the same amount of time to recover from overheat as it would to wait for yourself to naturally cool to a place you won't instantly overheat when you use an ability, so you might as well get the bonus damage out ASAP.

If you're trying to disengage don't overheat and just wait for your W to be up if you're solo (escaping a gank) or E if you're escaping a team fight.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

Anyone who queues for poro king and doesnt pick galio or fiddlesticks gets what they deserve imo

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For those who don't know, the Alpha Client's homepage states that the next phase is going to be Open Beta.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

playing in bad elo is fun: http://plays.tv/video/581ee6b87d3840fd9a/gave-up-first-blood-then-was-like-noooooooo-

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Is The Kench good again? I never got a chance to run him in his heyday.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Alris posted:

Is The Kench good again? I never got a chance to run him in his heyday.

i think that situationally he's pretty good in the top lane at the moment, you can see my match history from this evening and take a gander: http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=ultrarobi

part of this is the elo i play at, probably. being able to go first item spirit visage against a ryze was pretty good, and my builds were goofy because i was having fun but it's probably viable. i mean, i did get a delayed penta after all! in one of my support tahm games i built hextech rocket belt to be a dick, and i used it to make a super long range engage and it was a lot of fun. play tahm. it's a good time. also he's very easy for getting good grades on, my support game ended up as an S and the game against Ryze was an S+

oh uh AP kog is back too

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'm sorry, but I suck
No playlist exists yet for Udyr. But maybe you can help!
Do you have a song in mind for this champion?

GARBAGE

wild boys on repeat would be the only acceptable thing, let's make it happen

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

This is extremely my poo poo and submitted a bunch of songs.

Ekko and Zilean's theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1YxczPEPrs

Zac https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK5jyVCdXwc

Viktor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9-7uLg-DZU

Hussar Xin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwQaasA5ZLs

And of course Singed or Nunu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qz5yhNAZps

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Nov 6, 2016

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

flyingkiwi posted:

7. last 7 games

What's your second role? In my experience the only configuration giving you either mid or top at reasonable frequency is mid/top and top/mid, respectively. And conversely, putting support as your second role all but guarantees that you'll never get your first, which is why I never choose it despite it being my second best role.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Aumanor posted:

What's your second role? In my experience the only configuration giving you either mid or top at reasonable frequency is mid/top and top/mid, respectively. And conversely, putting support as your second role all but guarantees that you'll never get your first, which is why I never choose it despite it being my second best role.

Mostly top sometimes jungle

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
brb adding nothing but gay dance club mixes to taric theme list

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

As someone who spends way too much time making Spotify playlists for Overwatch characters I strongly approve of that site.

Sperglord Firecock posted:

brb adding nothing but gay dance club mixes to taric theme list

i got you fam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjZ696SPqx4

Also, can't forget about this one.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
can't forget about this either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twQlpFrm5iM

BEAR

FORCE

ONE

edit: also put my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxRxdZGdFyw

fishception fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Nov 6, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Before he was reworked I would play Taric with Rappers Delight on loop, thats my playlist story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
gently caress You Tahm Bout isnt even on the tahm kench list lmao poo poo fuckin playlist...

• Locked thread