Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I've gotten killed several times by Reapers warping in. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:lol: I just managed to get zero kills on a round of bounty hunt and I ended up with 2150 points.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm sure most of you won't be shocked it was on homestead.

I really like that map but it has a problem where both teams can just kind of ignore each other and race to get the most points. I think the AI spawn points are to remote and it turns it into a non battle a good chunk of the time.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I was going to disagree with someone's post earlier about there needing to be more AI spawns because it would gently caress with the scoring, but I just had 3 rounds in a row of Attrition go to time sooooooo

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
What's the deal with getting two advocate gifts but actually only get one?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is there much of a counter to legion besides 'more legions'?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Hit and run with Tone, make sure to get the extra dash. Use the splash from the 40mm and sonar to get locks around corners and poke them from safety.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Ciaphas posted:

Ion can kind of peek/poke him to death, even with his gun shield up there's a crit spot on his shoulder you can hit with her laser shot.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I really hope they change their mind on these terrible vague patch notes because as far as I can tell nothing has loving changed with tone or legion.

I feel like they've made the pilot hitbox for Tone's cannon a bit less generous. I think the initial plan with Tone was that it was supposed to be weak against pilots because all it has is a slow firing precision cannon and it can't shoot missiles at them, but then they made it too easy to hit pilots with the cannon so Tone ended up being super good against both titans and pilots and had no real weaknesses.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Nuclear eject and Scorch. He can't spin down when he's using the gun shield so you just wait for him to pop it and either explode in his face or set all his poo poo on fire and he isn't able to run away.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd personally rather not see Tone or Legion nerfed as much as I'd like to see the other titans get a buff.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Good games today dudes. Codeacious you're a beast, but I will be bettah one day!

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Mordja posted:

I've gotten killed several times by Reapers warping in. :smith:

Learned last night that a reaper drop can kill you in a titan! Also that a dying spectre will blow up and cause damage, which will show up in the kill feed as spectre power supply. Whoops. Got the XBOX RECORD THIS thing turned on now cause the amount of random cool poo poo that happens in this game is even more than TF1. Like the first day I played it I hit stim right when the match started and in a mid air perpendicular line flew straight in to an enemy sound spike and died.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

teh_Broseph posted:

Learned last night that a reaper drop can kill you in a titan!

This happened to me in the single player campaign.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

Also, I really hate the lack of Spyglass.

Fingers crossed for DLC announcers.

MONKEY TRASH!
Jan 8, 2006

Whoa. L-STAR is actually really fun. Probably not as efficient as a hitscan gun but you get to turn pubbies into hamburger meat.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Whoever designed Crash Site should be forced to do nothing but play that map over and over again until they starve to death.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I'm failin at searching, what's an easy way to turn a local 60ps mp4 into an embedded..I don't even know nowadays, gif? webm? gifvmvbmmp4mov? to post here

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Pretty sure you can just throw it on gfycat and it'll do the rest.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

ninjahedgehog posted:

Whoever designed Crash Site should be forced to do nothing but play that map over and over again until they starve to death.

Trash site is a good map

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

How's the PS4 community for this ? A lot goons playing ?

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
After playing the game for about 30 hours I can safely say that grapple, while its not the ~*~best~*~ ability, is definitely the most fun. I love playing Attack on Titanfall and swinging around doing cool stunts never gets old :allears:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

fit em all up in there posted:

PSN Phorrum, there are a few of us.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Pretty sure you can just throw it on gfycat and it'll do the rest.

Yah sweet, now to see if this embed works

e: Woahh nelly how do I make it not huge! The mobile version doesn't seem to do it..?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IgnorantHonorableGonolek-mobile.mp4

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Antoine Silvere posted:

After playing the game for about 30 hours I can safely say that grapple, while its not the ~*~best~*~ ability, is definitely the most fun. I love playing Attack on Titanfall and swinging around doing cool stunts never gets old :allears:

Also remember that you can grapple pilots and melee them to death

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Antoine Silvere posted:

I love punching pilots who screw up their grapples in my Titan. Just try to grapple in front with no momentum from a wall run... :fuckoff:

Anyway, Ronin talk. So many people are obsessed with getting in close and using that titan-sized hanzo steel, they forget he also has a GIANT SHOTGUN and it does a disgusting amount of damage if you empty it within dash distance. Personally I barely use the sword, I just run around the map like a maniac, dash up to enemy titans, blast the poo poo out of them, then phase / dash away. Only time I swing the sword is if it's within a whisker of being doomed, I gently caress up my dash, or I can steal a quick execution.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

fit em all up in there posted:

There are a few people playing, however I can never find any of them because this game's network system is trash. I also don't think too many PS4 goons have joined any of the networks.

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

His name is Head. Dick Head.
PS4 goon reporting in. I'm in the network, on the spreadsheet and have added every other PS4 goon as a friend and still haven't played with a full goon team. That may be partially due to be poo poo work schedule, but point remains, I'm down to shoot mans and robots.

PSN DJLunchboxx

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Ion's Vortex Shield

He's basically a hard counter to Legion

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Testing, one, two.

Check Dew One...
Check Doritos One...

LIFTOFF

KZSPT6SNSH

The stickers are poo poo and the last letter tore, so that's either an H or an R.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Count Bleck posted:

Testing, one, two.

Check Dew One...
Check Doritos One...

LIFTOFF

KZSPT6SNSH

The stickers are poo poo and the last letter tore, so that's either an H or an R.

Claimed. Thanks buddy!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Is there anything better than the grapple? I tried out the sonar spike thing and was severely underwhelmed. Also PS4 goons, I would advise everyone just join under one network. I have no idea why there are two.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm addicted to cloak. But I'm not sure how A-wall works. First match I used it I could throw mites and grenades through it but not shoot through it.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
Bought Titanfall 2, loved the campaign.

However, when I go to multiplayer, I'm worse than useless. I've never played Call of Duty, the last shooter I played was Destiny, where you have a 10 minute time to kill and are generally very slow, so my instincts are all off.

Most of my multiplayer experience thus far consists of dying for no reason or someone getting the drop on me. I generally play Bounty Hunt, and it's a rare match where I can pull out my titan. There's the rare game where I'm playing people even more clueless than I am, but that doesn't happen terribly often.

Is there a beginner's youtube video that I could watch to git gud? It seems this game was made for people who have played Call of Duty or Medal of Honor or whatever the kids are playing nowadays, and I haven't a clue whatever the gently caress I'm doing.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TwoQuestions posted:

However, when I go to multiplayer, I'm worse than useless. I've never played Call of Duty, the last shooter I played was Destiny, where you have a 10 minute time to kill and are generally very slow, so my instincts are all off.

Most of my multiplayer experience thus far consists of dying for no reason or someone getting the drop on me. I generally play Bounty Hunt, and it's a rare match where I can pull out my titan. There's the rare game where I'm playing people even more clueless than I am, but that doesn't happen terribly often.

Is there a beginner's youtube video that I could watch to git gud? It seems this game was made for people who have played Call of Duty or Medal of Honor or whatever the kids are playing nowadays, and I haven't a clue whatever the gently caress I'm doing.

Never stop moving and remember that the floor is lava

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

blackguy32 posted:

Is there anything better than the grapple? I tried out the sonar spike thing and was severely underwhelmed. Also PS4 goons, I would advise everyone just join under one network. I have no idea why there are two.

Stim is amazing. The speed boost gets you out of trouble or across the map like nothing else. Some maps you miss the grapple though.

This game rules so hard

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

FrothyOmen's videos are pretty good way to learn.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

TwoQuestions posted:

The best advice I can give you is take it slow to start with. Watch other players on the map move around. Don't rush in if you can't aim as fast as you're moving. It's okay to play defensive and farm AI or support friendly titans by stealing cores or spamming rockets at enemy titans.

If you are having trouble jumping while moving, switch your controller configuration to Bumper Jumper (Pilot). What this does is it switches your Cloak/ect... button to X and your jump button to L1. Make sure you pick the one with "(Pilot)" at the end, the reason I'd recommend that is because Bumper Jumper by itself changes the same controller binding for Titans, which makes boosts go to L1 and their Vortex shield/Particle Wall to X, which I think is a little counter intuitive.

For videos, I'm partial to FrothyOmen, he's a smaller youtuber that goes back to Titanfall 1 and I have a lot of respect for him. He's a drat good player and he's not up his own rear end like other game-specific youtubers tend to be. He did a couple promotional videos for EA that can help you get started:

Titanfall 2 Pilot School Playlist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR1VRi9_uAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYu15tvaUeU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm9UmtGQdrU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olu7ra1Ada0

Edit: drat, beaten.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

blackguy32 posted:

I like the sonar spike, since I can throw it at the usual sniper nests and can get the drop or at least make them back out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

blackguy32 posted:

Sonar spike and phase shift own, also A Wall is good in some situations, and cloak does ok too. Really I think the only bad one is holo pilot, I see nobody use it.