Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

He's generally not all that interested in other cats, and scared if they are in his space.

So some backstory here for those who haven't been playing along.

My cat is The Dude. I got him from rear end in a top hat casserole. He's incredibly sweet and loving (really, one of the sweetest cats I've ever known), but a bit on the skittish side - for example, anytime I sneeze (granted I sneeze really loud), he goes into hiding for a bit. Someone knocking on the door means he disappears for awhile as well. Not entirely sure why he's gotten so skittish, but it only showed up once I moved away from my parents house over the summer. I don't think he's ever been the only pet before. But the tl;dr of this is rear end in a top hat casserole knows my cat better than anybody else in the world.

Dude had a very rough early life as well, and has the scars to prove it. I have no idea how he can trust humans, but he's pretty much glued to my side anytime I'm at home (until I sneeze, anyway).

Sup dude?

My mom's cat is Diana. She got Diana from a shelter 4 or 5 months ago. Diana is smart, even for a cat, but also turns into a giant bitch around other animals. Diana had free reign of the cat room at that shelter, but I suspect that's because she didn't take poo poo from anyone.

Meet Diana. As IoC said, Diana has had about enough of your poo poo.

My mom's dog is Diego. He's a very sweet, but also incredibly stupid, collie, who literally runs away from his own shadow, and shits himself anytime he gets nervous. Diego will also never be housebroken, BTW. He's 8 or 9 now and still insists on making GBS threads in the dining room every day, and won't poo poo in the back yard. He'll sometimes poo poo in the front yard. He mostly prefers to poo poo on carpet. :argh:

Hi Brady Diego!

I was living with my mom for several years up until this summer. So The Dude and Diego are very familiar with each other.

I got The Dude about 2 years ago (Dec 2014 to be exact). The Dude loves Diego. So much so that he would follow Diego into his crate and try to make biscuits from his neck or legs..

Dude is a shitload more active now that he's the only pet. Almost too active. 2am kitty crazy time is more like 1-5am kitty crazy time.

Mom wants me to bring Dude up when I go by on Thanksgiving. Diego would probably poo poo himself in excitement. Diana would absolutely attempt to murder Dude. Diana is also planning Diego's death anyway, she would probably cackle if she could bury both of them together.

Dude also doesn't do too well around other cats. He's incredibly passive and chill, when 99.99999% of cats tend to go through life in "gently caress you, I'll do what I want" mode. This is ultimately why he wound up with me, AC has a couple of other cats that were being giant dicks toward him, and she felt it wasn't good for him. I'm really glad he wound up with me, he's an awesome buddy.

tl;dr rear end in a top hat casserole knows my cat better than anybody
tl;dr2 sorry for the pet derail
tl;dr3 dude is was currently curled up in a duffel bag that I left on the floor, but it's now 1-5am crazy time
tl;dr4 okay fine that's the real story behind why I don't have 2 cats

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Nov 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH posted:

reporting increasing frequency of very strange dreams. unsure if omens or merely the whimsical nature of the fates reading what may yet come to be

dream involved making GBS threads from a fratr house chandelier, new orleans, a ferrari f355, and the french woman

14 INCH posted:

the french woman has appeared before. larry knows more and can fill in you or thread as to dreams and her appearance if he wants but i dont think shes friendly. but i dont know for sure

(Larry is Sims)

14 INCH posted:

people in town beginniing to ask how truck is going

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

"People in town beginning to wonder what the chanting and green fire they've been seeing at night mean."

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

MrYenko posted:

"People in town beginning to wonder what the chanting and green fire they've been seeing at night mean."

I can hear the drums in the distance

discord on the air

I can hear the drums in the distance

bedlam in the blare

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
You should see if you can score an interview on AM talk radio. This time next year you could be mayor.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seat Safety Switch posted:

This time next year you could be mayorGrand Moff.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH posted:

yessssss

14 INCH posted:

there im fixing it

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Welcome to the Midwest.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

West SAAB Story posted:

Rocket 350 Diesel

Rocket 350 Diesel 8-6-4

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Also utah, idaho, montana, wyoming, arizona, new mexico. Though the [upper] midwest has a monopoly on bars where snowmobiles outnumber cars 10:1.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Came here to ask how the Heep was, answered. Any idea what the plan is when the War rig is fixed? You taking it to Florida then what? is the Heep going in the bed or does it not fit?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

metallicaeg posted:

Rocket 350 Diesel 8-6-4

Still more reliable than a PSD 6.0

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

I think the plan right now is 14 drives heep to Florida. Jeep stays here. 14 somehow makes his way back and gets jeep.

Edit: Gah, I messed up the names. Been going on like 6 hours of sleep for the last 3 days.

djdanno13 fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 5, 2016

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Ah my mistake, I thought Heep was Jeep.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

sidewalk gum posted:

Ah my mistake, I thought Heep was Jeep.

I did too. Potentially solved oil blow out issues with new Dorman parts from Napa. Identified major fuel leak at FPR, could be fully operational soon. If I drive the trukk to florida, I'll need something here to drag the Fasty home because I dont care how much knee time I need to put in it will be mine :unsmigghh:

But thats just because I doubt theres anything I can do to obtain that olds because holy poo poo pimp as mother loving hell.

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I did too. Potentially solved oil blow out issues with new Dorman parts from Napa. Identified major fuel leak at FPR, could be fully operational soon. If I drive the trukk to florida, I'll need something here to drag the Fasty home because I dont care how much knee time I need to put in it will be mine :unsmigghh:

But thats just because I doubt theres anything I can do to obtain that olds because holy poo poo pimp as mother loving hell.

I'd go for that Chrysler myself; I've always had a soft spot for the "Fuselage" Chryslers; it's a shame it's not a '73 Imperial sedan, literally the largest post-WWII production car ever (even counting Cadillac Series 75 factory limos- 19' 9", an inch or two longer than a Dodge Ram 3500 Long-box six-pack). Couldn't imagine a more appropriate vehicle for someone named "14" Dick". Congrats on making it there. I'm expecting to see the Chevy rolling down the highway with giant speakers in the bed blaring this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhvPlzelj9I with 14" hunched over the wheel wearing an Immortan Joe facemask made from parts of the old engine.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH posted:

found another missed this is wyoming border to south dakota

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

What the hell is it with Cherokees. That's the exact spot is exactly where the bumper dent on my 99' was, and approximately every one I've seen has the same.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

What the hell is it with Cherokees. That's the exact spot is exactly where the bumper dent on my 99' was, and approximately every one I've seen has the same.

*goes outside to look at Cherokee*

Your observation is astute. Dent used to be worse, but I beat most of it out with a deadblow.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I think it's because people don't look over their shoulders far enough when backing up. My 98 had a dent in exactly the same spot too and I think my buddy Jay's '90 has one there also... his was bad enough he had to beat the kink on the top face down with a hammer to open the hatch.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

OGDanDogg
Sep 16, 2002

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

*goes outside to look at Cherokee*

Your observation is astute. Dent used to be worse, but I beat most of it out with a deadblow.

it could also be an epidemic of drivers with unsecured lumber in a trailer that hit the brakes and caused the load to slam into the bumper I've heard...

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

Maybe Cherokees have a dent in the same spot like all Camrys have that weird dent in the bumper.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
It's from backing into a trailer tongue. Seen it on Silverados too.

It appears on the left-hand side because lhd.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
That's why Fords have dented license plates.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Thats why the license plate on my mazda is punched in. It came off my truck and I backed into a trailer toungue once or twice. Lining it up was dead easy, just center the bow of the boat between the two bolts holding the tail gate latch bezel and reverse. Knowing when to stop? That was the tricky part. :v:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yeah, backing into a trailer is the cause. Back when I did valet there were so many trucks that had dents in the bumper or tailgate right around where the trailer hitch is.

I have one on my work van from there. I also had one on the crapvan that's in Nebraska, but that was from backing into a tree.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

kastein posted:

I think it's because people don't look over their shoulders far enough when backing up. My 98 had a dent in exactly the same spot too and I think my buddy Jay's '90 has one there also... his was bad enough he had to beat the kink on the top face down with a hammer to open the hatch.

Mine was from getting rear ended by a car that got hit from behind at 35 by an idiot on her cell phone. :smith:

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
14" is looked upon kindly by the Gods this month.

The only thing that could make this thread better is if djdanno had a cat, and we got daily updates of 14 under the truck with the cat "helping" by bringing him dead field mice or what have you.

5'd anyway. Thread delivers on its promise and then some.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

kastein posted:

Jeep drivers can't use their mirrors in other words

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Me: You got enough blocking and jacks to get wheels off ground?

14 INCH posted:

far as i know yes

Me: Ken made a long rear end post about how to pull the axle shafts. Too much for text but the short is you can pull axles with wheels on

14 INCH posted:

ill have internet on the fly monday

Me: drat that'll be a good thing I know you miss Google with a project like that

14 INCH posted:

mostly just the titties while pooping but yes

Me: Lol you not the only one

14 INCH posted:

titties being the camoflage name for the folder of kastein pics on my google drive

Me: Is that a dana 44 in the bed of your mj or you just happy to see me

14 INCH posted:

dana 60 and bust

Me: Putting the envy in nv3550

14 INCH posted:

lol

gotta say ill bet that rear end has seen a lot of abuse

Me: Wait the 51 or Ken?

14 INCH posted:

deep down does it matter

Me: Only deep down

14 INCH posted:

heyooo

for fun ask thread out of the blue 14 wants to know about fuel mapping a 350 for nitromethane

also what polar direction is the moon from valentine right now

Me: I'll ask them if anyone has a current lunar azimuth chart

14 INCH posted:

im curious due to city lights from dannos front door and its not valentine just currious what sort of sight line i have

Me: 14 INCH posted:
how difficult we talking to set up ballpark fuel mapping for nitromethane on a 350

14 INCH posted:

ehehehe

lights could be mission but thats 32 miles

Me: Also my phone now anticipates autocompletes 14 inch

14 INCH posted:

it happens

Me: 213°ssw altitude 23.61° distance 245844 mi

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I doubt theres anything I can do to obtain that olds because holy poo poo pimp as mother loving hell.

:allears:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Again st All Odds and reason I seem to have figured out internet access in Valenahtine on a Sunday

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
God is Real

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CharlesM posted:

God is Real

And he is American

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I begged my girlfriend to let me quit my job and come drive the Jeep to FL behind you but she said no.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

I begged my girlfriend to let me quit my job and come drive the Jeep to FL behind you but she said no.

Dump her and do it anyway.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Again st All Odds and reason I seem to have figured out internet access in Valenahtine on a Sunday

14 INCH posted:

priorities

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Of course it's Limpy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH posted: