Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I finally got my wonder weapon. Orange Greatsword with berserking, regrowth and devastating blow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel like the game hates me and never wants to give me bloodlust on my orange 2hand axe when i try to reroll traits

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i feel like the game hates me and never wants to give me bloodlust on my orange 2hand axe when i try to reroll traits

Max Bloodlust, Swift Slaying Charged Attack, and Perfect Balance can be gotten from the Shrine.

I know because I have this axe. It is the killer of all rats. :smug:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Just picked the game up, looking forward to playing in a bit. Any of the paid DLC a good idea?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I recommend drachenfels if a couple more dollars is not a big deal to you. Probably avoid schleusselschloss--it's not played very often at all and you can still play it with a host who owns it.

The same goes for the drachenfels levels and weapons, but they are played much more often, so it will be convenient to own it if your internet is good enough to host. You also need drachenfels to accept contracts on drachenfels levels, which means you'll get good stuff from the contract board a bit more often.

Jump in goonintide and play it a bit first to see whether you enjoy it though. Some people love the game and some people bounce off of it hard.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Plus the Drachenfels levels are all really cool.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I want to bring great harm to all anthropomorphic rodents

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Drachenfels missions are all fun save for The Dungeons, which has the annoying as hell torch gimmick. If you don't have a good team expect to wipe a lot.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

The Drachenfels missions are all fun save for The Dungeons, which has the annoying as hell torch gimmick. If you don't have a good team expect to wipe a lot.

Dungeons is the best drachenfels map precisely for its gimmicks.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dungeons is a really fun map that gives terrible loot but is awesome to play.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
The next DLC, confirmed by someone who is diving into the files, is Dwarf DLC, more specifically it's Gray Mountain stuff/whatever the hell Bardin is looking for. Sounds good.

When he decompiles it I asked for a copy of it all to read into so maybe I'll post about it later.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 5, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lunethex posted:

The next DLC, confirmed by someone who is diving into the files, is Dwarf DLC, more specifically it's Gray Mountain stuff/whatever the hell Bardin is looking for. Sounds good.

Oh hell yes.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

ChickenHeart posted:

I want to bring great harm to all anthropomorphic rodents

you are a brave man to pick a fight against the mickey mouse club

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I will invite anyone who wants into goonintide promptly. Post a link to your account and you will get one fast.

Make sure you actually join the chat. Other people pile in when new content hits and when they see others there.

We are united by rat killin'.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

you are a brave man to pick a fight against the mickey mouse club

I punched Minny Mouse in the nose when I was a little kid who was terrified of mascots.

My ratfight was destined.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

So is the extra 7% heal over the Halloween heal share trinket worth the legwork to get? It's 9 keys, which is several days' worth of contracts.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Night10194 posted:

I punched Minny Mouse in the nose when I was a little kid who was terrified of mascots.

My ratfight was destined.

sigmar's chosen right here.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Lunethex posted:

When he decompiles it I asked for a copy of it all to read into so maybe I'll post about it later.

nice, i kind of assumed it was snowy dwarf stuff based on what little info existed, but it's nice to have confirmation. i want to see a new weapon for the dwarf, soldier and wizard at the least.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

brocretin posted:

So is the extra 7% heal over the Halloween heal share trinket worth the legwork to get? It's 9 keys, which is several days' worth of contracts.

I'd say yes because it is an upgrade to something you really should be using often/always.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lunethex posted:

This has my interest.

I want to bash rats in an abandoned dwarfhold until I go insane. :psydwarf:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

dwarf_dlc is all over

get hype for DOOMDWARF: RIP & TEAR edition

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Do you think they might have a mission based in the Dwarfen Quarter of Ubersreik? The Black Powder loading screen has the inkeep explaining that most of the garrison is holed up with with all the cannons and guns they can get. That would be a great survival style mission where you have to hold out, but you could also aim giant fuckoff guns.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

brocretin posted:

do you have something else to work on? It's an improvement, so unless there's a more dramatic improvement available just plunk the keys into.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

It doesn't matter how much you heal others for by proxy, getting them out of white health is good enough.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Lunethex posted:

It doesn't matter how much you heal others for by proxy, getting them out of white health is good enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_OEyd7Uiy0&t=52s

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

not in my experience!!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

My greatest hope is Halberd for Kruber.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Night10194 posted:

My greatest hope is Halberd for Kruber.

And also a grenade launcher.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Dwarf flamethrower would be nice.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nanomashoes posted:

Dwarf flamethrower would be nice.

Trollhammer torpedo.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Night10194 posted:

Trollhammer torpedo.

*1 shots rat ogre*

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nanomashoes posted:

*1 shots rat ogre*

I'm just saying if anyone can be trusted with a rocket launcher it's Bardin.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I've been out for several months. Got my nightmare clears and a few Catas. What's the current hot poo poo for Bright Mage? I heard they nerfed the beam staff?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I've been out for several months. Got my nightmare clears and a few Catas. What's the current hot poo poo for Bright Mage? I heard they nerfed the beam staff?

This is untrue, the beam staff is still The Business.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

No it was nerfed. At the same time the bolt staff was buffed to be as good as the beam staff used to be, only better (although good at different things).

I tried the beam staff again today and it is quite a fallen giant. Takes 5 continuous seconds of the beam to a stormvermin's head to kill it, on Hard. It's also the second worst weapon in the game for friendly fire.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
Beam staff still has the shotgun blast which is insanely powerful and basically trivializes hookrats.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The bolt staff is super boring to use, though.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yeah the blast on the beam staff is good

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Digirat posted:

No it was nerfed. At the same time the bolt staff was buffed to be as good as the beam staff used to be, only better (although good at different things).

I tried the beam staff again today and it is quite a fallen giant. Takes 5 continuous seconds of the beam to a stormvermin's head to kill it, on Hard. It's also the second worst weapon in the game for friendly fire.

Whoever decided Friendly Fire was an acceptable idea for the higher levels is a jackass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Vermintide friendly fire is very forgiving compared to l4d

• Locked thread