Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CLAM DOWN posted:

Thanks for the free chest and random wardrobe unlock, this is a nice treat, I wonder what I'll get from it!!

:smug:

You son of a bitch. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

CLAM DOWN posted:

Thanks for the free chest and random wardrobe unlock, this is a nice treat, I wonder what I'll get from it!!

:smug:

I was gonna bust your chops because that's only worth like 40 gold but on average that is still easily at least 50x the value of the contents of most chests

Much better than the contents of my chest to say the least since those were virtually worthless

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Nov 2, 2016

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

dad on the rag posted:

You shut your filthy mouth young man! Enjoy these table scraps or it's going to be a paddling and coal for Xmas.

No balance changes or bug fixes ...

coal is sold by vendors for 1s 60c per 10, which is a whole 4 silver less than the tot bags

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
This is the worst update: you now have to type in the loving name when trying to destroy black lion chests. ARG

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Why aren't you selling them on the TP

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
You can sell BL chests on the TP?!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I just threw them away as a sort of a personal protest instead of selling for 20 copper (or whatever it was), but if you have to write the f*ing name of the thing now I will probably cave and sell them

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
I just got to Maguuma for the first time, and I'm guessing you're not intended to do it solo? I've got a warrior in full exotic berserker's gear following a qt build and I'm getting shredded to bloody ribbons even by common enemies.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Jabarto posted:

I just got to Maguuma for the first time, and I'm guessing you're not intended to do it solo? I've got a warrior in full exotic berserker's gear following a qt build and I'm getting shredded to bloody ribbons even by common enemies.

It's more difficult than the other pve areas but quite soloable (though some events, especially some hero points, are a slog or prohibitively difficult without more people around).

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah I can roll around heart of maguuma on my Warrior no problem and shred things, and everything on the character is Berserker's gear. I think all my armor is exo, and my weapon/trinkets are ascended.

What's your build? The gold standard for Warrior at this point. is Strength 221 Tactics 333 Berserker 111, though for open world stuff I greatly prefer Tactics 233 because I run Greatsword and Mace/Warhorn. For solo crap I run the Berserker Heal (or Healing Signet if you don't have it yet), Power+Crit Signets, and Feel My Wrath (gotta make your own Fury) and Headbutt (alternately the Adrenaline signet, I suppose).

If you don't have Berserker traits yet I like Discipline 222 - permanent 25% movespeed w/ melee weapons is nice, the middle one gives you a little extra damage, and the last one helps you generate your own Quickness. Alternately the metabattle build for fractaling lists Arms 222 in place of Discipline.

Aug 24, 2011

Jabarto posted:

qt builds are for raids not so much open world

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
PSWarr is still really good for open world, if nothing else you give yourself tons of Might and Empower Allies is equivalent to another ~5 stacks of might. Also Greatsword just completely blenders everything

My open world Warrior build is literally my raid build but with the one Warhorn trait and my utilities shuffled a little.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

If you need to be mobile in open world or even fractals, axe main hand (I like axe offhand too) is way better than greatsword for dps. That includes the might you get from it. Berserker provides some options for cc, but honestly doesn't do much.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

Magres posted:

Yeah I can roll around heart of maguuma on my Warrior no problem and shred things, and everything on the character is Berserker's gear. I think all my armor is exo, and my weapon/trinkets are ascended.

What's your build? The gold standard for Warrior at this point. is Strength 221 Tactics 333 Berserker 111, though for open world stuff I greatly prefer Tactics 233 because I run Greatsword and Mace/Warhorn. For solo crap I run the Berserker Heal (or Healing Signet if you don't have it yet), Power+Crit Signets, and Feel My Wrath (gotta make your own Fury) and Headbutt (alternately the Adrenaline signet, I suppose).

If you don't have Berserker traits yet I like Discipline 222 - permanent 25% movespeed w/ melee weapons is nice, the middle one gives you a little extra damage, and the last one helps you generate your own Quickness. Alternately the metabattle build for fractaling lists Arms 222 in place of Discipline.

I'm using Strength 2/2/1, Tactics 3/3/3, and Discipline 2/1/3. I've got Healing Signet, Signet of Fury, Banner of Discipline, For Great Justice!, and Battle Standard on my skill bar.

Sekkira posted:

If you need to be mobile in open world or even fractals, axe main hand (I like axe offhand too) is way better than greatsword for dps. That includes the might you get from it. Berserker provides some options for cc, but honestly doesn't do much.

I might try an axe then, I main greatsword but axe was always my second favorite, especially its burst skill.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh crap yeah I meant For Great Justice not Feel My Wrath :doh: Been switching between DH and Warr too much

To each their own on weapons, though definitely try GS again after you finish unlocking Berserker - the CC from Headbutt does wonders for making things sit stil and eat your Greatsword 2, and rapidly chaining the Greatsword Primal Burst is a great way to clear a roomful of enemies (you can do headbutt, berserk, burst, blood reckoning, burst, gs2, burst and it obliterates things). I mostly love GS just cause it's what I know best though

Magres fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 3, 2016

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008

And make the Tengu pay for it.

Aug 24, 2011

made a man rage a few days ago

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

where the red fern gropes posted:

made a man rage a few days ago

In fairness, I hate engineer now too.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I miss ground target turrets where I could place them in odd places.

I remember somebody raging at me for exploiting the game by deploying a turret, jumping off a high point just above a cap point to have it sit in mid air and making it hard to get to. So I responded by changing my build to ground targetable deployment and put them in places impossible to get to. It was hilarious watching idiots try and cap a point while death was raining down on them from above.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

Magres posted:

Oh, I forgot to ask; how do you like using a mace? From what I've read it's a really unpopular warrior weapon because the damage is so low.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Jabarto posted:

Oh, I forgot to ask; how do you like using a mace? From what I've read it's a really unpopular warrior weapon because the damage is so low.

For open world stuff, having a mace offhand works pretty well because it's the best CC weapon you have. Due to the comparatively low damage you don't want to use it as a main weapon, but having it available to swap to when you need CC can be pretty nice. Also, if you land a Skull Crack you can swap back to greatsword and comfortably get a Hundred Blades to land.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah pretty much what tyblazitar said. I just use Mace for the extra CC, and Headbutt+Mace F1 (without Berserk!) is enough break bar to break everything in the game that isn't a scaling event boss. Most enemies I just do Headbutt -> Berserk -> Greatsword Primal Burst -> Greatsword 2 -> Greatsword 4 -> Greatsword Primal Burst -> Blood Reckoning -> Greatsword Primal Burst. If that's not enough to kill it I just mash buttons until it is (or I am) dead.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
So, have the mursaat come back yet? In non-raid form?

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

The mursaat are only alluded to in raids.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
Spoilers: In the Living Story missions, yes, one of them comes back, then claims he's on your side and helps you fight off some destroyer spawn.

Aug 24, 2011

hes got cool wings dunno why he hides em

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Could someone throw together a guardian build for me for soloing/exploring in HoT before i have Dragonhunter unlocked?
Its primary purpose is to unlock DH.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

So I got some more alts to 80, and decided to take screens and share them with you guys cause I crave attention. Hope you like scrolling!

OK first up is my human necromancer Beta Refugee, Imaginatively named after the female necro I made in the beta, down to the same hair and as close to the face as I could get

Of course because I'm intelligent I dressed it like a hobo and hid the face in the reaper hood

Rata Sum skybox still owns by the way

Also yes that is a magic wand

I can't remember exactly why I decided hobo was the look to go with

But it's surprisingly less underdressed than 95% of other light lady outfits and I have most of those already

Next was my asura ele, Jugs Bust Apart (it's an anagram, and yes it is exactly what you're thinking)

Did not realised t3 cultural light had the popped colour, pleasantly surprised

Actually pretty pleased with this for not looking too much like light armour

Also that female asura get the male skins so I can put it in trousers

Also also surprised that I found a use for a shadow dye that doesn't look garbage

Definitely reconsidering the boots, though, oh well

Then is my asura engineer, Used Golem Salesman

Still surprised I got that name to be honest

Here it is posing next to Kes after me taking too long to realise he was afk

Still sulking to this day

The three asura rifle skins don't get seen enough any more, really

Slimy hair is also a plus

Sassy!

Finally, my sylvari guardian Earl Grey Alien

My fifth guardian, my fifth level 80 guardian, and my thirtieth level 80 alt oh god kill me

Made it a gimmick burning built, so sword/scepter and torch for maximum fiery immolation

Also handy I had some good blue and/or flaming skins

Yeah it looks a little dumb with the Braham's shoulder piece, but I have a reason for it

That reason is I like the idea of a shoulder piece so spiky that it accidentally blinded its wearer at some point (I never did promise a good reason)

Also a WIP look for my asura thief, Very Minor Felony

No ingame looks as I haven't found a weapon set or nailed a colour scheme but I just enjoy that hat

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Illuyankas posted:

Finally, my sylvari guardian Earl Grey Alien

All the asura look dumb as poo poo (not your fault) but this is rad as hell.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 5, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Jugs Bust Apart is a great anagram name

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

wait there are too many consonants, this is a weird anagra- ooohhhhh

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Illuyankas posted:

and my thirtieth level 80 alt oh god kill me
:hfive:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
yall need jesus

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

what the christ

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

nickhimself posted:

what the christ
I know right? Only 4 Charr characters? Smdh

Aug 24, 2011

Magres posted:

Jugs Bust Apart is a great anagram name

i dont get it

Aug 24, 2011

oh

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
oh for gently caress's sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Hahaha I just discovered that if you trait Gale Song (automatic stun break) on Tempest and jump in the cauldron at the Lion's Arch Mystic Forge then the game doesn't kick you out of the cauldron because you stunbreak the forced movement effect and you can just chill in the cauldron

• Locked thread