Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

hopeandjoy posted:

They said that they were developing something for the Switch, not that it was necessarily even a Pokémon game, much less a mainline game.

I imagine that this generation will be a lot like Gen 5 where there Game Freak starts to put spin offs on the Switch while any additional mainline games this generation stay on the 3DS.
I'd bet on the gen 4 remake being on the 3DS, but we'll see gen 8 on the switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
how i learned to stop worrying and love lando-T

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

spit on my clit posted:

sorry buddy, its shining diamond and pole jam for america

why would they put the new pokemon on the switch though? its not like they're gonna kill their dedicated portable game console for the switch because it can play home console games on the go

That's literally exactly what Nintendo has planned to do since before Iwata died

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
They've been talking about combining their handheld and console development into one platform for a while. The 3ds is going the way of the GBA and will quietly have its development stopped once the current crop of projects have gone out.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i dont really super like the switch but if i can play console games without having to buy a tv i guess its alright

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Does anyone know if the Switch will have 3d capability? I don't use it often, but it can be fun.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

In my heart of hearts I wish that Pokemon Crazy Diamond and Pokemon Pearl Jam will come out for 3DS and Pokemon Star Platinum will be a Switch title with a couple of extra features but mostly running a solid 30fps and rendered at 720.

they arent going to be called that

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Bongo Bill posted:

come on Drill Dozer 2

less laughter posted:

Excadrill Dozer: A crossover starring Excadrill

I would play the poo poo out of either of these actually. :swoon:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bonster posted:

Does anyone know if the Switch will have 3d capability? I don't use it often, but it can be fun.

Right now they're just trying to build hype by getting the name out there and showing you can take games on the go. They haven't said anything about the features and are waiting until the Christmas open 3DS return period runs out before saying anything else.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

hopeandjoy posted:

They said that they were developing something for the Switch, not that it was necessarily even a Pokémon game, much less a mainline game.

I imagine that this generation will be a lot like Gen 5 where there Game Freak starts to put spin offs on the Switch while any additional mainline games this generation stay on the 3DS.

cant wait for pokepark 3

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Bonster posted:

Nope, no 3D capability. That'd probably interfere with doing 1080p.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Aerdan posted:

Nope, no 3D capability. That'd probably interfere with doing 1080p.

The Switch screen's resolution is 720p

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

less laughter posted:

The Switch screen's resolution is 720p

[citation needed]

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Aerdan posted:

[citation needed]

basically every gaming news website in the universe

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

less laughter posted:

basically every gaming news website in the universe

Like this one for instance who's source is the guy that leaked details of the system to them well before the announcement

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-27-nintendo-switch-has-a-6-2-multi-touch-screen

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

If it can't fit into my pants pocket, it's not a portable system.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Hunter Noventa posted:

Well you aren't getting anything new from Sony

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hunter Noventa posted:

*Me, with my 3ds xl bulging out of my jeans pocket*: Agreed

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I'm playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire to get pumped for Sun/Moon and also because I've never played an RSE game fully through. Cosplay Pikachu is a treasure and how do I get 100 of them

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

come this january, you won't have any of them

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

idiot of the legal system posted:

I'm playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire to get pumped for Sun/Moon and also because I've never played an RSE game fully through. Cosplay Pikachu is a treasure and how do I get 100 of them

you can't, they are untradeable and locked to your save file. On the plus side I think it comes with three perfect (but unbreedable) IVs!

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

this is the worst news I have ever heard, ever, in my life

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Countblanc posted:

how i learned to stop worrying and love lando-T

same but thundurus

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
You can catch a new cosplay Pikachu in Sun and Moon though, so no worries. The only difference is that its name is now Mimikyu.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Hunter Noventa posted:

In that case, I've never owned a portable system, because Nintendo's never made one that can fit in women's pants pockets.

Then again, companies don't make wallets or phones that fit either.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
No nintendo handheld is good for men's pockets either, including the gameboy pocket. They're 3x as thick as modern smartphones at minimum which is solidly "I don't want this in a front pocket" but it's not just a wallet so you also don't want it in your back pocket.

They're portable because they fit easily into bags and don't need a wall outlet to work.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Female Mr. Mime

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Decus posted:

No nintendo handheld is good for men's pockets either, including the gameboy pocket. They're 3x as thick as modern smartphones at minimum which is solidly "I don't want this in a front pocket" but it's not just a wallet so you also don't want it in your back pocket.

They're portable because they fit easily into bags and don't need a wall outlet to work.

i put my wallet in my front pocket

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I put my N3DSXL in my bag, since I mainly use it to get Streetpasses. Like hell it fits into any of my pockets.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hopeandjoy posted:

In that case, I've never owned a portable system, because Nintendo's never made one that can fit in women's pants pockets.

Then again, companies don't make wallets or phones that fit either.

shoulda bought a gameboy micro imo

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
I don't think I've ever used the back pockets on my pants. It's just really uncomfortable to sit.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

PSWII60 posted:

I don't think I've ever used the back pockets on my pants. It's just really uncomfortable to sit.

Yeah, I hate putting things in them.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I don't get it, I put my 3DS XL in my pocket where I usually put my phone all the time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I tape my 3ds and vita to my chest when I leave the house

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

i put my wallet in my front pocket

me too

PSWII60 posted:

same

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

I wear cargo shorts

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'll carry my Switch in a bag like decent human beings do for their tablets.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

PSWII60 posted:

the trick is, you take the thing out of them prior to sitting. weird i know

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Injuryprone posted:

I wear cargo shorts

Are they comfy and easy to wear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
People who put stuff in their back pockets are degenerates.