Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

OctaMurk posted:

Really I think the only bad one is holo pilot, I see nobody use it.

It's a shame because I love the pilot model for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

Ularg posted:

The best advice I can give you is take it slow to start with. Watch other players on the map move around. Don't rush in if you can't aim as fast as you're moving. It's okay to play defensive and farm AI or support friendly titans by stealing cores or spamming rockets at enemy titans.

If you are having trouble jumping while moving, switch your controller configuration to Bumper Jumper (Pilot). What this does is it switches your Cloak/ect... button to X and your jump button to L1. Make sure you pick the one with "(Pilot)" at the end, the reason I'd recommend that is because Bumper Jumper by itself changes the same controller binding for Titans, which makes boosts go to L1 and their Vortex shield/Particle Wall to X, which I think is a little counter intuitive.

For videos, I'm partial to FrothyOmen, he's a smaller youtuber that goes back to Titanfall 1 and I have a lot of respect for him. He's a drat good player and he's not up his own rear end like other game-specific youtubers tend to be. He did a couple promotional videos for EA that can help you get started:

Titanfall 2 Pilot School Playlist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR1VRi9_uAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYu15tvaUeU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm9UmtGQdrU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olu7ra1Ada0

Edit: drat, beaten.

Thanks! I generally play slow and deliberately in Destiny, which is an express ticket to painful and instant death in this game.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

OctaMurk posted:

Sonar spike and phase shift own, also A Wall is good in some situations, and cloak does ok too. Really I think the only bad one is holo pilot, I see nobody use it.

Holo pilot is pretty amazing actually. It netted me so many more kills than using pulse or stim.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

TwoQuestions posted:

Bought Titanfall 2, loved the campaign.

However, when I go to multiplayer, I'm worse than useless. I've never played Call of Duty, the last shooter I played was Destiny, where you have a 10 minute time to kill and are generally very slow, so my instincts are all off.

Most of my multiplayer experience thus far consists of dying for no reason or someone getting the drop on me. I generally play Bounty Hunt, and it's a rare match where I can pull out my titan. There's the rare game where I'm playing people even more clueless than I am, but that doesn't happen terribly often.

Is there a beginner's youtube video that I could watch to git gud? It seems this game was made for people who have played Call of Duty or Medal of Honor or whatever the kids are playing nowadays, and I haven't a clue whatever the gently caress I'm doing.

MY best advice is that if you are playing bounty hunt, play with a competent team. From what I have played of it, quite a few people were obviously teaming with strategies and you're likely to get stomped if your team doesn't have it together.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ularg posted:

I'm addicted to cloak. But I'm not sure how A-wall works. First match I used it I could throw mites and grenades through it but not shoot through it.

You absolutely can, and it amps shots that go through it.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
So is Volt the best GOTTA GO FAST gun? I've almost got enough credits to unlock it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I deliberately try to find volt guns off AI to use it, it's such an awesome gun.

Should I be saving credits for regens or since I'm still like level 19 I should use them on the higher end weapons I want?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Lakbay posted:

It's a shame because I love the pilot model for it

It really sucks that they tied user model to ability instead of just letting people select their own. It's not like this is Team Fortress 2 where visual indicators and a striking silhouette matter to the gameplay. Go fast and shoot everybody.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The silhouette of a pilot has never mattered, ever. I just kill them in under a second with my alternator anyway. Maybe I'll pick them out of a crowd of AI faster but you can just see red names above enemy pilots anyway. I miss in Titanfall 1 having a full deck of Spectre cards to use when I was feeling like having fun with pubbies.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Any ps4 control settings and such I should be loving with

or settings in general

Probably will switch to bumper jumper for pilot I suppose

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

monkeu posted:

So is Volt the best GOTTA GO FAST gun? I've almost got enough credits to unlock it.
I can't decide between the Alternator or Volt, they're both dang good.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

Fingers crossed for DLC announcers.

Bring back Bish and Spyglass!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
What ever happened to field promoted robot admiral at the end of Titanfall 1?

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Battlefield: Titanfall.

loving just loving writing itself and making money.

Ciaphas posted:

My only problem with the long tail here is I bought BF1 before this and now I feel obligated to somehow split my time before one of them peters out (or devolves into a CS:GO like pros-only environment, which is worse)
This is the common mans everyday problem.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ularg posted:

What ever happened to field promoted robot admiral at the end of Titanfall 1?

That's Spyglass.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Any ps4 control settings and such I should be loving with

or settings in general

Probably will switch to bumper jumper for pilot I suppose

I personally like the Evolved control scheme, but I'm an idiot so take this at your own discretion.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Lemon-Lime posted:

That's Spyglass.

But what is he doing in Titanfall 2? Never heard of him during campaign or multiplayer.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Spyglass got stuck behind a desk.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

My god I am just stunned at how awful Ronin is

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ularg posted:

But what is he doing in Titanfall 2? Never heard of him during campaign or multiplayer.

Titanfall 2's writing in general is somehow worse than the first game, with Briggs, Blisk and Barker being made into one-note idiots. You can just chalk up Spyglass being completely absent as another casualty of this.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

Titanfall 2's writing in general is somehow worse than the first game, with Briggs, Blisk and Barker being made into one-note idiots. You can just chalk up Spyglass being completely absent as another casualty of this.

I bet Spyglass is Not-Glados's dad

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hey I'm bad with money and ebayed 20 double xp codes, just want the skin. Should have plenty to give so my ps4 bros holla at me and I'll shoot you a couple codes

-edit Dope unlocked everything with four codes

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 6, 2016

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Hey, I just got this game today.

Where do I start, other than setting my controls to Bumper Jumper?

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I'm really good at jumping into crossfire to give away kills. Totes gonna post dumb poo poo now that I have the capture turned on, first time really messing with it so if there's a 'best' way to embed these from gfycat please lemme know!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

pulp rag posted:

Hey, I just got this game today.

Where do I start, other than setting my controls to Bumper Jumper?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Stop, you'll make me blush!

Tone still seems way off, legion feels better. It sucks going against a tone who is a better northstar at range and a better ronin up close.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 6, 2016

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Another night of 6 stacks and joining into doomed matches, I guess I'm done with this game on the xbone.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

That's super useful for a jumping-off point!

Though, I'm having a ton of fun using Scorch. The thermite nests are wonderful at smoking out pilots that hide around corners/in buildings.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Whoever talked up Holo wasn't kidding,; just gave it a go and it's hilarious.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

pulp rag posted:

That's super useful for a jumping-off point!

Though, I'm having a ton of fun using Scorch. The thermite nests are wonderful at smoking out pilots that hide around corners/in buildings.

Yeah the thing about scorch is in practice he works better than you'd think because thermite is great at punishing stupid players. He's not as good against players who know how to move quickly since he doesn't really have any tools to deal with that, but against slow titans or just bad players he's great.

Actually now that I think about it, a great 1-2 punch would be to get a Northstar buddy to drop a tether trap and then gas any titans that get stuck on it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm trying to Regen every Titan for the banners but legion is so tremendously unfun that it's getting hard

CrystalDave
Oct 12, 2012
So, I want to test out a loadout that's 100%-sneaky.

Mozambique with Silencer makes sense, since staying off the radar seems apt. Beyond that though, does anyone know if any of the Primaries get a silencer as well? If not, any suggestions for what to use for a primary? I was thinking a Grenadier weapon maybe.

Beyond that, I want to get the silent-jump kit, and I've had fairly good results with Phase Jump.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

Lemon-Lime posted:

Titanfall 2's writing in general is somehow worse than the first game, with Briggs, Blisk and Barker being made into one-note idiots.

...that's how they were in the first game though?

Well except maybe Sarah but that's because even she's a blur to me, and I remember a lot more about TF1's "campaign" than a normal person should.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

CrystalDave posted:

Mozambique with Silencer makes sense, since staying off the radar seems apt. Beyond that though, does anyone know if any of the Primaries get a silencer as well? If not, any suggestions for what to use for a primary? I was thinking a Grenadier weapon maybe.

Beyond that, I want to get the silent-jump kit, and I've had fairly good results with Phase Jump.

I'm tried a silence build and I feel like it just doesn't work in this game. Its too chaotic and fast paced.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Merry x-mas x2 dew double xp codes for anyone :kiddo: have pm's and post here.

You get a chance at the three things (execution, warpaint, and early ronin access) I got them all with four so it's a good chance

Didn't realize the actual target skin was separate :downs:

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

CrystalDave posted:

Primaries don't get silencers.

As for which secondary, this is going sound baffling if you played TF1, but try the Hammond? That gun has actually saved my bacon multiple times in Pilot vs Pilot, and when amped it basically becomes so ridiculous I have been in a 3 v 1 situation and won with it.

(Though amped weapons removes any silencers your secondary may have)

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

You get a chance at the three things (execution, warpaint, and early ronin access) I got them all with four so it's a good chance

Thanks again mate. You're a legend. I got the paint and the execution :swoon:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I'd like one if you still got em.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
So you'd think an ability that makes you hover when ADSing while in the air would be instant death in this game but the amount of times I've killed someone because they keep expecting me to to flying forward when I suddenly brake in mid-air is great. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Haha those Mountain Dew double XP codes only last one round each. Oh well I have a Dew colored Ion now which made me genuinely try him and he's not too bad? His primary sucks rear end against other titans though.

Also I unlocked the Thunderbolt and it might be the most ineffective weapon I've ever used in a shooter. Why does this exist? Single shot with terrible reload, does almost no damage, and the projectile is slow as hell.