Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

HyperPuma posted:

should i be getting a lock on with tone before i do the salvo core? i cant tell if it matters or not

I'm not 100%, but I think it helps. If you even have a partial lock, you should be able to hit people with the salvo even if you don't have direct line of sight if you send it up first so it comes from above, whereas this won't work if you have no lock.

Knifegrab posted:

The high ground on crash site does not exist. :colbert:

Yeah, it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

RatHat posted:

Why is Crash Site so bad? It's the one with the train track going through it right?

It's the one in the canyons.

Also, why the gently caress are the maps so big? Does any mode utilize it? I feel like on every map, nearly half of it never gets seen because no one goes that far out because all of the players and AI only cluster in specific areas.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

s.i.r.e. posted:

It's the one in the canyons.

Also, why the gently caress are the maps so big? Does any mode utilize it? I feel like on every map, nearly half of it never gets seen because no one goes that far out because all of the players and AI only cluster in specific areas.

I swear I recall reading that Respawn specifically lowered player speed and changed map designs to railroad people into "lanes" like CoD because people couldn't find other players to fight- and I have had the EXACT same experience in Titanfall 2 where I almost can't find other pilots.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Crash site might be bad but Exoplanet is certifiably the worst

In a game where parkour and general The Floor Is Lava nonsense reigns supreme who the hell makes a map that's that open :mad:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Ciaphas posted:

Crash site might be bad but Exoplanet is certifiably the worst

In a game where parkour and general The Floor Is Lava nonsense reigns supreme who the hell makes a map that's that open :mad:
Are you sure you're not talking about Homestead

Cause that sounds like Homestead

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Sigma-X posted:

I've done some multiplayer and determined that A) I hate CtF still and B) I have no idea how scoring actually works in bounty mode. It looks like I get money for killing the targets, and I have a bonus I can dump into the bank if I don't die a bunch and lose it all? But I don't understanding what is worth what...do I get points for killing human enemies / their titans as well?

In simple terms:

Killing AI gets you money. Killing players steals half their money. When the bank opens (for a limited time), you deposit your money which then gets added to the team's total. The winning team is the first to $5000 or whichever has the most money when time runs out.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Insert name here posted:

Are you sure you're not talking about Homestead

Cause that sounds like Homestead

Maybe I got it mixed up yeah, the generally green one with a couple towers on the outside, huge hilly plains and two or three small colony buildings in the center

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Nalin posted:

In simple terms:

Killing AI gets you money. Killing players steals half their money. When the bank opens (for a limited time), you deposit your money which then gets added to the team's total. The winning team is the first to $5000 or whichever has the most money when time runs out.

A little clarifying

- Killing NPCs gets you (say) $10 added to your team's score immediately, but also gives you the same amount again as bonus cash
- Half of your bonus cash is lost when you die, and killing pilots has you steal 10% of their pre-death total (so yes cash disappears into the aether when pilots die)
- Bonus cash is converted to team score 1:1 when banks open and you make a deposit (which makes pilot turrets at the banks very very funny)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Nov 6, 2016

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That's exoplanet. i actually like that map.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Pointless dickwaving inc:

Ultimately this is mostly a result of extremely unbalanced teams more than anything else but I still like the big numbers

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Ciaphas posted:

- Half of your bonus cash is lost when you die, and killing pilots has you steal 10% of their pre-death total (so yes cash disappears into the aether when pilots die)

this isnt right is it? i thought you stole half. ive definitely gotten 100+ from killing people and i dont think they were hoarding thousands of dollars

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

HyperPuma posted:

this isnt right is it? i thought you stole half. ive definitely gotten 100+ from killing people and i dont think they were hoarding thousands of dollars

Same if this is true my whole world is a lie.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Ciaphas posted:

Maybe I got it mixed up yeah, the generally green one with a couple towers on the outside, huge hilly plains and two or three small colony buildings in the center
Yeah that sounds like Homestead. For reference:

Homestead

Exoplanet

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 6, 2016

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Forward base Koai (or something like that) is the best map in the game IMO

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Ciaphas posted:

A little clarifying

Clarification on the clarification - Killing pilots lets you steal half of their bonus. Half of your bonus goes to the pilot that killed you when you die. The "10%" you are seeing on the hud near the stolen bonus, is the 10% build time on your titan you recieve for killing a pilot.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Merry x-mas x2 dew double xp codes for anyone :kiddo: have pm's and post here.

You get a chance at the three things (execution, warpaint, and early ronin access) I got them all with four so it's a good chance

Didn't realize the actual target skin was separate :downs:

Shoot me one if you still got em I guess. Thanks.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Just played against a hacker with an antisemitic nick, and here I am not knowing how to report people. Joined halfway through when it was 250-50, but his team seemed to mostly stop trying once they realized he was hacking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmd3Zz6pAwY

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Nov 6, 2016

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Elysiume posted:

Just played against a hacker with an antisemitic nick, and here I am not knowing how to report people.

Ugh, it's really the worst. You have to press the Home button, then Page Up and Page Down (the gently caress?) to select the person, then you have to press another button that I forgot and it'll open their Origin profile. You can report them from there.

It's the worst system.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Lemming posted:

Ugh, it's really the worst. You have to press the Home button, then Page Up and Page Down (the gently caress?) to select the person, then you have to press another button that I forgot and it'll open their Origin profile. You can report them from there.

It's the worst system.
Some people said in-game that it was End, but the game was just clicking at me. I'm going to try the report cheating option direct from Origin, I guess?

quote:

Was this article helpful?
19% of 529 players found this article helpful.
e: Can't find them on Origin, so...

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Nov 6, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Aquasnake posted:

Sent you three

And I'm out of codes

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
The way large maps work is that in attrition, the Ai kind of clusters in a particular area, and players should be drawn to that area. The area will move around the map and the spawns appear drawn to it too. You need to follow the various gunfire markers to find the action. I think the game should be clearer though. 'Were pushing for sector a' and you get a big marker for it.

I think the other thing is that once you've got some time under your belt you will transfer around the maps in seconds with your speed powers and they don't really feel big anymore.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I made a gfycat to accurately describe how I feel every time I pop my Smart Core to fight other titans
https://gfycat.com/HilariousHeavenlyAnura

E: Seriously the amount of random-rear end pilot kills you get while Smart Coring is hilarious

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Nov 6, 2016

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Got the codes, and now I'm sitting 5 Arena Tickets. Time to blow my stupid rear end up with plasma rockets :toot:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I've been scoring really low in matches (attrition, like 15 points) partly because I'm incredibly far from the closest data center (yes I'm waving bullet lag around) but also because I'm still having learning everything.

So color me surprised when I managed about 6 no scope kills with a kraber on crash site today. It sounds cool, but anyone seeing it knows I was just Frantically waning the gun around and shooting it. Still, I'll take it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Aquasnake posted:

Same here, but I think he's out. Oh well.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
How is the semi auto rifle? Is it any good?

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

To prove that I can, infact, aim

https://gfycat.com/EagerEveryIntermediateegret

I'm really liking the double take. Its a scout rifle style sniper rifle where the kraber and dmr are more standard sniper rifles, and so its more apt to the "Floor is Lava" playstyle.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

blackguy32 posted:

How is the semi auto rifle? Is it any good?

The G2 or DMR? I assume you're talking about the G2 which is OK if you're good with semi-autos in CoD type games but I think the Hemlok is way better since that kills in one burst

Prophecy120 posted:

I think the Devotion LMG might be the most underrated gun in the game right now, it has completely replaced the Alternator as my primary weapon. I combine it with sonar spikes and map hack and pre-fire away. Thing is a beast.

My Devotion is G2.19 while my next highest level primary is 16. I hope there's a gun in the DLC that does the reverse like the HAMR in that one CoD that I played during a free weekend that I can't remember the name of

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Nov 6, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lakbay posted:

The G2 or DMR? I assume you're talking about the G2 which is OK if you're good with semi-autos in CoD type games but I think the Hemlok is way better since that kills in one burst

Unless you have perfect tracking, it's going to be much harder to land a whole burst on one pilot at near range (because you need at least one headshot at far range, and two full bursts at very far) than it is to nail someone with three G2 shots (or one headshot and one body shot).

The Hemlok also has the worst reload times of any of the ARs and SMGs (and the worst holster/draw times of any weapon in the game), coincidentally.

Voliun
May 31, 2012
It's that time again.

M6MCXTZT6Y
ZPT6ATFNBF
LCL7KP7ZKX
ABBCA6PACF
PAPTAYPNNK
P6YHKTP7AY

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Voliun posted:

PAPTAYPNNK
P6YHKTP7AY

Grabbed these

Got the Ion Warpaint and Execution :3:

Daztek fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Nov 6, 2016

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Are you supposed to enter those at https://www.titanfall.com/en_gb/redeem/ ? because I just get "invalid code" or "error redeeming code" every time someone posts one. Maybe I'm just too late. Despite being minutes after posting sometimes. :v:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The process of saving clips on PS4 is super-duper slow for Titanfall 2 for some reason. It really struggles to bring that share menu up. But I did get some hilarious clips anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCllVP3wGfM

Audio/visual bug that's just so perfect and still makes me laugh. The audio makes it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMMVueEIZ28

Gonna give out them tactical sliding hugs.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

This may not be the best clip you'll ever see but it was a nice little run with me in a titan and an actual helpful pubbie on top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLvmof4CXbs

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Voliun posted:

It's that time again.

M6MCXTZT6Y
ZPT6ATFNBF
LCL7KP7ZKX
ABBCA6PACF
PAPTAYPNNK
P6YHKTP7AY

Took the first two. Thanks for that! :)

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Voliun posted:

It's that time again.

M6MCXTZT6Y
ZPT6ATFNBF
LCL7KP7ZKX
ABBCA6PACF
PAPTAYPNNK
P6YHKTP7AY

Grabbed
ZPT6ATFNBF
ABBCA6PACF

Got early Ronin Access. Just need the execution now! Thanks

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Voliun posted:

LCL7KP7ZKX

I think I took this one? Or at least it didn't error out when I redeemed it, even though it gave me no message, and then it errored out when I tried again.

e; I get nothing ingame, so I guess I didn't redeem it after all. :rip:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Voliun posted:

It's that time again.

ABBCA6PACF

Thank you!

Need that execution, damnit!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

AirRaid posted:

Are you supposed to enter those at https://www.titanfall.com/en_gb/redeem/ ? because I just get "invalid code" or "error redeeming code" every time someone posts one. Maybe I'm just too late. Despite being minutes after posting sometimes. :v:

You need to use https://www.dewanddoritos.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

I ran into someone who had no idea what to do against cooked grenades in Colosseum. I think it may have been their first time playing it, which is not a good sign for Colosseum matchmaking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6wdcYee8k0