Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

why did goku forget the seal on the mafuba

they could have just had goku black switch ears with his earring to break him out that would have been far more clever.
Because he's Goku and doesn't really want to seal a dude away, he wants to fight him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Carlosologist posted:

What is up with Zamasu's purple half :stare:

It might be why Old Kai told Goku not to fuse with the earrings while he was a Super Saiyan, since he wouldn't be able to turn it off. That much power going through you forever can't be good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

One thing that is hard to get used to with DBS is how fast the pacing it. Like in even Kai "Vegito is formed!" would be an entire episode before a fight even happens and here it's just casually dropped into the next episode preview.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

that's because they dragged out kai to preserve the broadcast slot for super.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

that's because they dragged out kai to preserve the broadcast slot for super.

Even in the manga it's like 3-4 chapters which is pretty long for the manga pacing.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Justin_Brett posted:

It might be why Old Kai told Goku not to fuse with the earrings while he was a Super Saiyan, since he wouldn't be able to turn it off. That much power going through you forever can't be good.

I think any worries about perma super saiyan (rose)'s strain on the body is negated by having an immortal body which might be part of why Zamasu got such a huge power boost from the fusion. its like the stuff goku could do while he was dead, using kaioken while super saiyan and whatever

the whole thing with zamasu's purple half is probably just that he's not able to regenerate fast enough to keep up with the damage dealt to him anymore because its Vegito and he's a nonstop high speed murder machine

i cant wait for all the stuff from this arc to make it's way into the video games though. hopefully the xenoverse 2 DLC crew got a heads-up on all of what's happening now and it'll be added later on

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Rewatching Yo! Son Goku and etc and man it's so good. For as much as I love super, I do miss the...paler? coloring of Z.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

I think any worries about perma super saiyan (rose)'s strain on the body is negated by having an immortal body which might be part of why Zamasu got such a huge power boost from the fusion. its like the stuff goku could do while he was dead, using kaioken while super saiyan and whatever

the whole thing with zamasu's purple half is probably just that he's not able to regenerate fast enough to keep up with the damage dealt to him anymore because its Vegito and he's a nonstop high speed murder machine

i cant wait for all the stuff from this arc to make it's way into the video games though. hopefully the xenoverse 2 DLC crew got a heads-up on all of what's happening now and it'll be added later on

I love that we're in a situation where there are two characters called Trunks (Future) and Future Trunks.

e: and Trunks GT, who is also a future trunks

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
They should just switch to Future Trunks (Teen) and Future Trunks (Adult).

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Father/Son Galick Gun is the best thing of 2016.

next week is gonna be amazing but this is also easily up there yea.

The Vegeta subplot all through Super (or I guess what started in Battle of the Gods with his Bulma freakout) of him showing 'ok I'm a piece of poo poo but I'm not a monster, of course I love my family in my own stupid monkey way' has been just great.

Vacation Dad Vegeta is still the best part of this, but yea, the whole 'I'm gonna go to the future and save my son who I kinda spent his whole last visit here making GBS threads on' thing is a near second.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Vegito as SSB is easily the best thing in Super so far

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Trunks has been fun this arc. Dude has no way to be as tough as he is, but just won't die. Could replace a fair chunk of his dialog with "LIKE I GIVE A FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!"

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

OB_Juan posted:

Trunks has been fun this arc. Dude has no way to be as tough as he is, but just won't die. Could replace a fair chunk of his dialog with "LIKE I GIVE A FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!"
I'm not going to stop myself from referring to it as powering up into The Legendary Super Saiyan Give A gently caress mode

Perfectly describes Trunks' concerns over people's arguments vis-a-vis his power levels

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i thought that when trunks held out his sword and it also had his super saiyan/glowy blue double aura around it that he was gonna get some poo poo done with that sword

he didn't, but it was still cool

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I think maybe he's found a way to convert Zamasus' smug bullshit into fighting power. Every time he opens his mouth about mortals, Trunks' power level doubles.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Man, it's been said, but fuuuuuuuuck Bluegito looks so loving cool

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Kelp Plankton posted:

Have they established whether or not this Zamasu is actually immortal himself?

If that's the case I could see that, but then why's he purple and mutated? One of his arms was something you'd see from a Resident Evil Tyrant.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Nov 6, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

Have they established whether or not this Zamasu is actually immortal himself?

He nosold attacks while Vegeta yelled about the immortal bastard in the most recent episode which I think we're supposed to take as evidence that at least the heroes still think he is.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Father/Son Galick Gun is the best thing of 2016.

Dragonball Super rules!

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Zamasu as a villain is very good and his VA is doing a drat good job. Being able to hear him be upset and frustrated by the Saiyans after they repel his attacks is quite nice. He just hates ningen that much, despite being an immortal dude.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This weeks episode was great but next weeks looks amazing. Can't wait.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

BurningDance posted:

Zamasu as a villain is very good and his VA is doing a drat good job.
He's a really good VA. Him being the guy everyone who watched Bleach thought was going to do some psycho-pretentious heel turn but never did is just so perfect.

Zamasu is like they lifted the dialogue from the better worse timeline where Bleach didn't become a tube sock of poorly written horrors and we got to see that. But then instead we get bluegito fighting the ningen hater.

I think they knew what they were doing, too.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dragon Ball Super owns.

Trunks not giving a gently caress owns.

Android 8 and Turtle still being alive owns.

The little girl wearing Mai's hat owns.

Father-Son Galick Gun owns.

Super Saiyan Blue Vegito owns, especially since the preview makes it looks like he's actually exerting some tremendous effort.

The Zamasu/Goku Black/William Birkin fusion owns.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
shout out to Ha-chan for still being alive

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
So, just now wondering, but why Vegito? As a name, I mean, since it doesn't appear to refer to Goku/Kakkarot at all and the "ito" part just seems to kind of hang on there with no purpose. The Wiki says he's Vegerot in the manga - which sounds ugly, but more in line with the normal naming sequence for fusions. Was it just because the name Vegito sounded nicer?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Super Zamasu only seems like 50% stronger than Goku at the moment, his only trump card is being immortal. If Vegito is as powerful as he was in the Buu saga, the next episode should basically be Vegito just dunking on Super Zamasu for 30 minutes straight.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

tsob posted:

So, just now wondering, but why Vegito? As a name, I mean, since it doesn't appear to refer to Goku/Kakkarot at all and the "ito" part just seems to kind of hang on there with no purpose. The Wiki says he's Vegerot in the manga - which sounds ugly, but more in line with the normal naming sequence for fusions. Was it just because the name Vegito sounded nicer?
It comes from the Japanese pronunciation of Kakarot. Vegeta + Kakarotto. Unfortunately the word play was a bit lost in the English translation from back in the day since Goku's original Saiyan name was merely localized as Kakarot.

The Viz manga tried to preserve this wordplay by making it "Vegerot" (Vegeta + Kakarot), though personally I think it sounds tacky.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Zamasu is the cheesiest villain we got since Perfect Cell and I love it. Look at him calling out his attacks and making smoke devils! Look at him!

edit: no for real everything he said in this episode is a ready-made quote for a fighting game when's zamasu dlc for xv2

Dias fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Nov 6, 2016

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
"I...won't LOSE!!"

1-2-3-4-5 NI HAO FRIED RICE

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

Zamasu is the cheesiest villain we got since Perfect Cell and I love it. Look at him calling out his attacks and making smoke devils! Look at him!

edit: no for real everything he said in this episode is a ready-made quote for a fighting game when's zamasu dlc for xv2

Zamasu has dedicated about 40% of his power to ensuring that his attacks are super impressive looking, and that he doesn't have to move his arms around. Guy looked pissed when they started firing beams at him and he had to move his arms a bit.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015

Kelp Plankton posted:

There is no way that SSB Vegito, All forms of Zamasu, and Uber Trunks won't be in some kinda DLC.

Hype for next week, and hype for the eventual release of the above characters to Xenoverse 2!

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

...Can't believe Super actually has me looking forward to the "NEXT EPISODE OF DRAGON BALL zee-SUPER"

Vegito though? I'm all up in that!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRlmiP0udO4

The close captioning they put on this is oddly funny

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
The real question is whether or not Blugito could beat Beerus. I bet he could.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Zamasu this ep reminds me of a jRPG final boss most of all. Stand Float still in one place, monologue a lot about his superiority over mortals, pause to throw out giant AoE spell. Rinse, repeat.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Who do I have to pay to make sure we get a Beerus reaction shot when he sees Vegito?

And yeah, I absolutely love that Zamasu turned into a Final Fantasy last boss.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

pik_d posted:

I'm pretty sure Trunks could beat Beerus at this point.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Rutibex posted:

I'm pretty sure Trunks could beat Beerus at this point.

Don;t make me laugh...

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Darko posted:

Who do I have to pay to make sure we get a Beerus reaction shot when he sees Vegito?

And yeah, I absolutely love that Zamasu turned into a Final Fantasy last boss.

I hope theres a scene where Beerus checks out this GodTube thing and the first thing he sees is Bluegito going ham on Super Zamasu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

pik_d posted:

In Resurrection "F", Whis says that Goku and Vegeta together could actually face Beerus, but their pride stops them from fighting together.

By this point, they're far more powerful than they were in Resurrection "F" and they've fused, which increases their power even further.

Just following Whis' words (and there's no reason to believe Whis would lie when he was talking to himself in the first place) Blue Vegetto should be perfectly capable of beating Beerus. If Fusion Zamasu gives him a fight, and the preview doesn't look like a one-sided fight, well, that only proves just how ridiculously powerful Zamasu has gotten.

• Locked thread