Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
God my drawing sucks lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Nice! Pretty good for your first time trying it

Here's the thing I said I was gonna make last week. I thought the original ink drawing posted had sort of a stitched look to it, so I was going to recreate it with thread on burlap, but I found a bunch of cool embroidery projects on pinterest so I decided to make this instead to try and practice for something more elaborate

that's a really cool medium, I like the scribbly look in thread

Robot Made of Meat

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Here's the thing I said I was gonna make last week. I thought the original ink drawing posted had sort of a stitched look to it, so I was going to recreate it with thread on burlap, but I found a bunch of cool embroidery projects on pinterest so I decided to make this instead to try and practice for something more elaborate

Wow! That's really good.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

FluffieDuckie

i love this

i have a needlepoint stocking i've been trying to get done for i'm not kidding 5 years now. it's gotten to be a joke. about this time every year i get it out and swear this is the christmas it's going to be done and then whine and complain until christmas when i throw it in a drawer for another year

it's literally a stocking for a dog and it's likely the dog won't live long enough to see the completed stocking :negative:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.

FluffieDuckie posted:

it's literally a stocking for a dog and it's likely the dog won't live long enough to see the completed stocking :negative:

that's rough

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

I really like this and trees in general

It's good, keep drawing/charcoaling

That's impressive, nice line work on your thread, it's makes me want to try it

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FluffieDuckie posted:

i am pulling for this dog so he can see his christmas stocking

:pray:

the bsd boys
Probation
Can't post for 376 days!
when i'm on the phone, i draw dots

please stop calling me my fingers hurt

Manifisto

[wipes brow, tugs at collar, desperately tries to think of compliment that isn't "dot's nice"]

Manifisto

but seriously

it's amazing, period

the bsd boys
Probation
Can't post for 376 days!
thanks i get the point

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

thats beautiful

A Spider Covets

first time art poster, i don't think i've ever posted my art on SA before because i never finish anything but here is a chickadee i did while bored (i used a reference from Google)

he is dubious

and i like ursula a lot, she's the coolest disney villain, depending on whether or not maleficent is around

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 5, 2016

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I really like the dubious chickadee and the lines on the disney mermaid hater are good. What are you using to do these?

A Spider Covets

Luvcow posted:

I really like the dubious chickadee and the lines on the disney mermaid hater are good. What are you using to do these?

Thanks!

Those were done in Photoshop using Kyle's brushes, which make digital stuff a lot easier to do imo. https://www.kylebrush.com

e: I think the brush I use to do inks is called Super Fine Liner.

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 5, 2016

Macnult

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

:love:

A Spider Covets posted:

first time art poster, i don't think i've ever posted my art on SA before because i never finish anything but here is a chickadee i did while bored

he is dubious

and i like ursula a lot, she's the coolest disney villain, depending on whether or not maleficent is around

i hope you keep posting your art on here. i really like that birb

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

xmas prezzie for mom because she actually sincerely enjoys things i make for her and doesn't just say that to make me feel better :unsmith:

never painted a landscapey thing before, I kinda did this particular stream with my pupper running free through cold crisp dirty staten island water entirely from memory and I feel like the furthest background is a bit fucky.

should there be like, a trace of a slightly darker shaded hill behind this? with even tinier fuzzy hard-to-make-out trees? i like all of it except that far background. i'll surely spend now until the last possible shipping date noodling around with it so any advice from you talented yobbers is cool and nice and appreciated :)

Zorodius

BUY IT.
That's cool. I think it would look good if there was some more shading on the dog

Robot Made of Meat

Gatekeeper posted:

xmas prezzie for mom because she actually sincerely enjoys things i make for her and doesn't just say that to make me feel better :unsmith:

never painted a landscapey thing before, I kinda did this particular stream with my pupper running free through cold crisp dirty staten island water entirely from memory and I feel like the furthest background is a bit fucky.

should there be like, a trace of a slightly darker shaded hill behind this? with even tinier fuzzy hard-to-make-out trees? i like all of it except that far background. i'll surely spend now until the last possible shipping date noodling around with it so any advice from you talented yobbers is cool and nice and appreciated :)

Nice painting, and good dog! I agree that the background behind the trees is a bit bleak and could use something, but overall it's very good.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Manifisto

Gatekeeper posted:

my advice: be proud of it, it's great

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

my advice: be proud of it, it's great

echoing this, if I were you I'd just keep it like it is, the style and feel are really cool.

but if you really feel you absolutely have to change something:

Zorodius posted:

I think it would look good if there was some more shading on the dog

I would do this, maybe switch up the positioning of the back legs because he looks like he's twisting to his left, and maybe some shadow/reflection in the water under/behind him like the rocks have bc the light is coming from the upper right. I like the background though and wouldn't change or add anything, it's not the focus of what you're going for.

the bsd boys
Probation
Can't post for 376 days!
people are giving me money to draw the dots now. this one isn't quite finished yet

A Spider Covets

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

people are giving me money to draw the dots now. this one isn't quite finished yet

wow, that's coming along really nicely! These are so lovely, no wonder you are making cashola for them. They're very soothing.

Maybe you can set up an Etsy shop?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

i really like this

the bsd boys
Probation
Can't post for 376 days!
:toot:

Manifisto

it's beautiful and I imagine your illuminati overlords will be incredibly pleased with their new "green" logo

ty nesamdoom!

Salmiakki

this is really really nice

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

this is gorgeous and i would put this in my house, holy gently caress

RazzleDazzleHour

Worked on this for about three days at work, finally finished it. Based it on a basically identical project I saw online, I just wanted to work on technique

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Worked on this for about three days at work, finally finished it. Based it on a basically identical project I saw online, I just wanted to work on technique

thats really cool

frame it and hang it

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

this is loving fantastic and you should be proud as hell

Scathach

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I finally had sketching time so i made some sky

Manifisto

Scathach posted:

I love this

A Spider Covets

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Woah kickass! Would love to see more

RazzleDazzleHour

A Spider Covets posted:

Woah kickass! Would love to see more

I'm gonna have my students make these after Thanksgiving break, so I'll be spending more time making these over the next couple weeks. Maybe I'll ask some of the higher-level ones if I can take pictures of their work to show people

Scathach

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Manifisto posted:

I love this

Thanks!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Scathach posted:

this is nice, i like the blurry

Scathach

Glad you like it,i kinda went overboard with brushes on Sketchbook.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

If anyone's interested Clip Studio Paint EX is $79 until the 28th. If you like digital art and you're drawing using something like GIMP or Photoshop this is a huge step up because its pen/brush engine is really solid, and it's fantastic for comics as well (probably THE thing to use if you're making comics or especially manga thanks to its built-in panel layouts and tone effects).

http://my.smithmicro.com/?utm_source=smithmicro&utm_campaign=clippaintblkfri2016

I don't mean to sound like an ad but it's that good.

hi how are you ♥

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

lol a xmas gift for my best bud that she is sure to love because it's big and awesome and extremely chill

• Locked thread