Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

mastershakeman posted:

where's the best place to get titanite shards ? I had an old dancer exploit char that I ran straight to the dlc and to freide (thanks to the poster in here who explained the cliff trick for her knight) and now I'm using a +0 follower sabre and doing minimal damage.

If you have access to Anor Londo, the Silver Knights there drop 2 most of the time when you kill them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Omi no Kami posted:

Oh huh, I didn't realize that... I assumed missing a single conversation in the chain meant breaking the whole quest- that's awesome.

Edit: Okay, I know this part of the quest chain is buggy in general, but that was weird. I'd gotten Patches to appear as the onion knight in disguise, let him apologize, bought Siegward's armor, then sent him to firelink. (I actually never spoke to him after sending him back to the shrine, so I never did the dialog where you tell him where Greirat is).

I chucked the armor to Siegward, confirmed he was in Irithyll, killed the pontiff, but when greirat came back he gave me the "A peculiar onion knight rescued me" speech, which I thought is what he gave when it was patches in disguise.

That's just the regular quest. I never bother with any of the Patches saving Greirat stuff because it's obnoxious to get all the timings. Siegward doing it is super easy. Just send Greirat to Irithyll while Siegward is out of the well and not in prison yet. Ta da donezo. He always says the onion knight stuff, Siegward is a pretty peculiar dude.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Paracelsus posted:

If you have access to Anor Londo, the Silver Knights there drop 2 most of the time when you kill them.

If you have access to anor londo then you have access to the ashes to buy regular and large shards tho

Edit: technically you could be buying chunks by anor londo as well

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
The new anti-cheat sucks rear end. How am I supposed to make MLG PvP montages without freecam?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

AttackBacon posted:

That's just the regular quest. I never bother with any of the Patches saving Greirat stuff because it's obnoxious to get all the timings. Siegward doing it is super easy. Just send Greirat to Irithyll while Siegward is out of the well and not in prison yet. Ta da donezo. He always says the onion knight stuff, Siegward is a pretty peculiar dude.

How do you even do the "patches saves Greirat" thing, I tried it once and he got dead so I just do it the other way every time :saddowns:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Talk to patches while Greirat is away but before you beat a boss since telling him to go pillage.

Oh hey the follower's torch does say that the pus of man is the abyss manifesting inside people. Maybe my idea that hollowing -> red eyes -> pus of man -> pilgrim butterfly might be right.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Talk to patches while Greirat is away but before you beat a boss since telling him to go pillage.

Oh hey the follower's torch does say that the pus of man is the abyss manifesting inside people. Maybe my idea that hollowing -> red eyes -> pus of man -> pilgrim butterfly might be right.

Most things with red eyes take extra damage from Artorias's weapons (which do bonus damage to Abyss enemies) so my understanding is that red eyes have always had a connection to the Abyss (which the puss of man obviously does as well). The cleric set also states that the pilgrims wear those turtle shell rocks on their back to stop the puss from spreading. So there's definitely something going on with all of that.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
is the PC version buggy for anyone else? i feel like it freezes often on me

do i have hardware issues i need to figure out?

i started a new game today after the last savegame corrupted this morning and it happened again :smith:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
If you use Rosalia to change your appearance does it end the Sirrius quest line?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I did that, or are you supposed to talk to patches but not tell him where Greirat is?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Only if you increase rank do you forfeit the quest

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Desperate Character posted:

If you use Rosalia to change your appearance does it end the Sirrius quest line?

I think they made it more lenient awhile ago so you could do it once before she gets mad.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Desperate Character posted:

As long as you dont give tongues for the covenant progression then youre fine i think. If you want proper bow gesture youll have to give the tongue though before you beat abyss watchers. So consider whats more important, the gesture or the stuff you get from Sirris quest.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Sunset armor set supremacy, screw the gesture.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
this final boss man. whew

First phase wrecks me but I'm getting better
I wreck second phase, no sweat.
Third phase... dear god I've seen two different moves that oneshot me + so fast and unpredictable

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Mazerunner posted:

this final boss man. whew

First phase wrecks me but I'm getting better
I wreck second phase, no sweat.
Third phase... dear god I've seen two different moves that oneshot me + so fast and unpredictable

Every death is a precious gift. Please savor the suffering while it lasts.

Gesture->Namaste

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Putty posted:

The new anti-cheat sucks rear end. How am I supposed to make MLG PvP montages without freecam?

What did they do to the anti-cheat? I really wanted to make some new wallpapers of the DLC area :(

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Iretep posted:

As long as you dont give tongues for the covenant progression then youre fine i think. If you want proper bow gesture youll have to give the tongue though before you beat abyss watchers. So consider whats more important, the gesture or the stuff you get from Sirris quest.

Isn't that the same gesture you get for summoning the pale shade for Suhlyvan? You can do this if you're on Yuria's questline without dealing with Rosalia at all.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

RabidWeasel posted:

Isn't that the same gesture you get for summoning the pale shade for Suhlyvan? You can do this if you're on Yuria's questline without dealing with Rosalia at all.

Pale shade gives duel bow.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

RabidWeasel posted:

You only get the Proper Bow from summing Yellowfinger Heysel before killing the Legion and after you've given a tongue to Rosira.

Pale Shade gives you the Duel Bow.

You can still get Sirris set just by killing her but you can't get the other goodies like the Silvercat Ring, Sunset Armor Set and Mirrah Chain Set.

D.Ork Bimboolean fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 6, 2016

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

You only get the Proper Bow from summing Yellowfinger Heysel before killing the Legion and after you've given a tongue to Rosira.

Pale Shade gives you the Duel Bow.

You can still get Sirris set just by killing her but you can't get the other goodies like the Silvercat Ring, Sunset Armor Set and Mirrah Chain Set.

And Dragonslayer Axe too (wich I love).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
is the simple infusion worth bothering with instead of crystal if i've got high int?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Raw if you lack the physical stats and want to buff something.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Well, arena looked fun until everyone I fought started running away until the timer ran out.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Jose posted:

is the simple infusion worth bothering with instead of crystal if i've got high int?

Simple/Blessed are just too inferior to their Crystal/Lightning counterparts. It's best to infuse an off-hand weapon or parrying implement and swap to them later, cause they're just not viable for your main weapon.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Jose posted:

If you want to go full caster and use side weapons for finishing off dudes then simple infusion is really good for the FP regen if you keep it equipped in one hand. It comes in handy for all casters. Blessed is also really good for cheesy faith builds that want to be able to use tears of denial and run away to heal with a sliver of health left. But if you want to go more melee than caster crystal infusion probably better.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Making a quality build character and doubting about the mace or morning star to have at least one strike weapon, wich one is better? The mace has better scaling but the bleed on the morning star looks decent for a Great Corvian Scythe+morning star combo for certain fights (not looking for PVP).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'll stick it on my shield then and go with crystal infusion on the dark sword

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Restarted this recently. Never finished my first run, but I'd built myself into a corner and somehow managed to break a number of sidequests, so no great loss.

Doing a quality/pyro build, are there any fun weapons I should experiment with? I just got into the Road of Sacrifices.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Pyros usually go 40/40 in int/faith so itll take a long time to reach 40/40/40/40

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah you can't go full quality with pyro if you want to stay at the lowest meta level.

DLC added two great pyro weapons.

Jordbo
Mar 5, 2013

Guillermus posted:

Making a quality build character and doubting about the mace or morning star to have at least one strike weapon, wich one is better? The mace has better scaling but the bleed on the morning star looks decent for a Great Corvian Scythe+morning star combo for certain fights (not looking for PVP).

Go for the morning star! The mace gets a higher AR, but not by a lot, and bleed is fun!

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Is there any secret to merc'ing those vega claw motherfuckers from the DLC? My usual spook/hidden-body + stab the anus fails completely.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Jordbo posted:

Go for the morning star! The mace gets a higher AR, but not by a lot, and bleed is fun!

Thanks! I'm having fun with the great corvian scythe and the follower sabre so I was thinking on adding more bleed power.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Southern Heel posted:

Is there any secret to merc'ing those vega claw motherfuckers from the DLC? My usual spook/hidden-body + stab the anus fails completely.

i just dodged and beat them to death. the rapier guys are way harder.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

What is the coolest/best gigantic weapon? Something with some real weight behind it. Something you basically have to 2h. (Which I plan on doing)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The Wonder Weapon posted:

What is the coolest/best gigantic weapon? Something with some real weight behind it. Something you basically have to 2h. (Which I plan on doing)

Black Knight Greataxe, Yhorm's Greataxe, Greataxe, Fume UGS, Profaned greatsword, Black Knight Greatsword, Quakestone Hammer, Spiked Mace, Vordt's Great Hammer... to name a few.

You can get the Greataxe on the very first zone (high wall of Lothric), Vordt's after beating the first boss (soul weapon) and Spiked Mace on Undead Settlement.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Haven't played this since the first couple months of release. Are DEX weapons better after all the rebalancing, or is the Dark Sword still the extremely plain reigning champion of all?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

am i likely to get banned if i cheat engine in a bunch of crystal gems? want to stick one in my dark sword since its still ridiculous but just got murakumo and don't want to have to farm some more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Spiked Mace is a lot of fun and its weapon art can make it handy in PVP if you catch someone unawares. The bleed effect can be helpful in a pinch, but I've never felt confident about relying on it.