Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

ChickenMedium posted:

Contract the Pelicans.

Free Anthony Davis!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Lebron, Curry, Durant, CP3, Harden, Westbrook, Leonard, Davis.

After that you can probably argue him with dudes like Derozan, Griffin, Cousins, George and others I'm obviously forgetting to see who sneaks into those last couple of spots.

Have a hot stretch to start the year and people start saying some loving crazy poo poo

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

why would Philly ever do this

Sorry I missed this but that really is how low nerlens stock is at this point. Between Noel demanding a pretty big payday next summer and the sixers having zero leverage, the return for him in any trade is going to suck. People are talking about moving him for Terrance Ross. Most fans realize we're gonna eat poo poo on a big man trade and just want to get it over with.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Since the Pels and Sixers are both racing to the bottom at this point, I wonder what the Pels would look like if they had never made the draft night deal to send Noel out for Holiday in the first place. Then I realized there were a bunch of cascading moves after that which made it hard to analyze. In retrospect it is really hard to justify.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ty1990 posted:

Sorry I missed this but that really is how low nerlens stock is at this point. Between Noel demanding a pretty big payday next summer and the sixers having zero leverage, the return for him in any trade is going to suck. People are talking about moving him for Terrance Ross. Most fans realize we're gonna eat poo poo on a big man trade and just want to get it over with.

I think Noel is worth about a Cory Joseph or a Terrance Ross. He's a fantastic rim defender but that's all he is. His shot sucks, he gets hurt a lot, and he has no bulk so he's still getting beat on when bigs set up on him. Also the Sixers need guard and wing help like woah so no wonder they're going to get bitched out in a trade.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
So, I found a quiz on Sporcle about foreign-born players in the NBA. I scrolled down to the comments and I found this. Thought you guys might appreciate it.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
I think that guy's mad

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

Maybe he hates loving Oklahoma. Sorry Metapod but it sucks there.

What does this have to do with a Houston player

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doltos posted:

I think Noel is worth about a Cory Joseph or a Terrance Ross. He's a fantastic rim defender but that's all he is. His shot sucks, he gets hurt a lot, and he has no bulk so he's still getting beat on when bigs set up on him. Also the Sixers need guard and wing help like woah so no wonder they're going to get bitched out in a trade.

I'd do Noel for Joesep and a 1st. Sixers need to trade somebody and I'll take an NBA player back in a heartbeat

https://twitter.com/CSNPhilly/status/795044484417368064

The Process

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Did they really miss that obvious of a goal tending call?!?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Papercut posted:

Yes, but everyone knew it was goaltend. ESPN actually described it in their feed as "Embiid does awesome goaltend"

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Free Goaltending

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Papercut posted:

It was fast/close that it was pretty hard to see in real time from floor level.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
If a goal tend is really stylish I think you can bend the rules, basically the same as traveling

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Whiteside still being really good after getting his big contract is a cool story, I guess.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Jota posted:

He's super weird because he has some clear potential defensively and has done some good stuff but his size gives such limitations that you wonder how much he can improve. Also he's so bad offensively. Like if he could just catch the ball and finish consistently he'd be fine at least but he still has issues with that. I have no clue what his value is, especially considering he's a RFA after the year so he's gonna get a big raise.

The Raptors took a point guard in the first round two drafts ago, so I wonder if they feel like Delon is capable of being the backup PG now. If they do think Delon is ready, it makes sense to move Joseph for an upgrade at PF. But, like, if Delon is ready.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Just finishing up PHI/CLE, fun game. I don't care if that was a goaltend on my star or not, it was fully sick. Love the trust between Lebron and ChanChan

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

The Raptors took a point guard in the first round two drafts ago, so I wonder if they feel like Delon is capable of being the backup PG now. If they do think Delon is ready, it makes sense to move Joseph for an upgrade at PF. But, like, if Delon is ready.

I remember last season, Cory's biggest contribution was being able to be the PG while Lowry was an off-ball shooter, especially in games where they needed another ball-handler. Are they using him differently this season?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Hand Knit posted:

He's supposed to be back from his injury in mid-November so we'll see soon.

I really like him as a player.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hand Knit posted:

I don't know if I've seen him play a single minute but he seems like he was born to be an okay third guard

Jack's Flow posted:

Embiid and Rodriguez are very fun to watch. The rest of the roster, sadly, not so much. Also, Ilyasova is like Jeff Green insofar that fans are usually excited when their team gets him, but after a couple of weeks/months they realize that the dude is just blah.

edit:

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/795248888324247553

I would love for bball breakdown or anyone to do a supercut of mudiay missed layups
Mudiay has no confidence in his own ball handling in a crowded lane, he'll always look to make a dump off pass to a big rather than slithering through. The shots he does make are right handed like scoop ups, he never never gets to the lane and just finishes unless the lane is wide wide open. He's afraid of NBA rim protection , its like the spring goes out of his legs once he gets around the basket. He is a smart passer. His jumper is kind of ugly but it looks fixable, his three point jumper. His 2 point jumper fg% is low because he's always falling away at a weird angle.

I don't know quite the word to use, he's not the 'vertical athlete' he was assumed to be, and he's not as good a ballhandler as people assumed he would be. Those greatly contribute to his horrible shooting percentages.

Theoretically they have players to space the floor, Chandler can shoot threes, Gallinari, Jokic is a good passer with a jumper, Jamal Murray and Harris both get covered as if they're shooters. That should lead to more easy layups for Mudiay, but it hasn't.

I almost think he could use a month or so in the d-league to restore his confidence, to feel what he felt running around chinese guys like they were traffic cones, and to attack weaker defensive schemes and less disciplined bigs. Maybe he could start seeing paths to the basket and start trusting himself to make layups that every NBA pg can make.

Any Denver fans care to comment?

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 6, 2016

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Jota posted:

Have a hot stretch to start the year and people start saying some loving crazy poo poo

But he wasn't talking about Embiid

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Cleveland should try to beat 73

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

E2M2 posted:

Cleveland should try to beat 73

i'm on record as predicting 82-0 and am correct so far

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/795128499988152320

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I'm very happy for all the young hyped men who are panning out. I love watching it happen god bless you giannis and friends

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

chilihead posted:

Free Anthony Davis!
Give him to the Lakers, make up for that CP3 trade.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Something weird is happening to force the pelicans to be extremely bad so they have a chance at acquiring enough talent to be a good team in the future while their explicit plan was to be just good enough to get some playoff gate revenue with no long term vision

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Something weird is happening to force the pelicans to be extremely bad so they have a chance at acquiring enough talent to be a good team in the future while their explicit plan was to be just good enough to get some playoff gate revenue with no long term vision

the process seeks a new host

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Forgot Beasley was on the Bucks.

Lol @ Delly watching film like a nerd.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lmao

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Here is the Kings.

https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/794743901567459328

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

boogie looking for his way out

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Dejan Bimble posted:

I would love for bball breakdown or anyone to do a supercut of mudiay missed layups

https://gfycat.com/ImpassionedFancyIberianmidwifetoad#?speed=0.5

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

:lol:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Mavericks :negative: who will be out for today's game vs the Bucks
Dirk
DWill
Harris

They have one guard who can handle the ball. Get them Barea.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Doing God's work here.

I like Noel but I'm not sold on trading for him because the Raptor's can't space well unless they pair Derozan with a stretch 4. Siakam is starting but only plays 15 a game, Patterson is run next to Derozan way more. I think the Raptors know this which is why they signed The Walking Injury Jared Sullinger despite the obvious red flags, because he was the best stretch 4 option available within the budget (yes I know he bricks threes and has a dumb shot selection but I'm still gonna count him as a stretch 4).

I guess they could fit him in by having him replace either Poeltl or Siakam in the rotation, but I thought he was looking for a non-backup role, and both of those aren't big minute roles.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

attackmole posted:

Doing God's work here.

I like Noel but I'm not sold on trading for him because the Raptor's can't space well unless they pair Derozan with a stretch 4. Siakam is starting but only plays 15 a game, Patterson is run next to Derozan way more. I think the Raptors know this which is why they signed The Walking Injury Jared Sullinger despite the obvious red flags, because he was the best stretch 4 option available within the budget (yes I know he bricks threes and has a dumb shot selection but I'm still gonna count him as a stretch 4).

I guess they could fit him in by having him replace either Poeltl or Siakam in the rotation, but I thought he was looking for a non-backup role, and both of those aren't big minute roles.

He has a lot of stretch marks, does that count.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
JR Smith was on stage with Hillary at a rally. What a world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

was he wearing a shirt

• Locked thread