Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Mikey Purp posted:

Its a good day to own Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and Matt Bryant. It's a bad day to be going up against my wife, who started Antone Smith.
Slightly similar situation, in that I own Jones and Bryant, but the guy I'm trying to catch in the standings started Evans. I'm in good shape, but that didn't help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Sure was fun playing against Julio and Mike Evans in a league I'm trying to stop a 4 game losing streak

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Off to a good start this week, thank Falcons for using Braynt a whole bunch :)

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Up against Matty Ice in one league, Mike Evans in another, and both in a 3rd league. Fantasy football sure is fun.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Fffffuck the cupcake team who had already given up on the season decided to set their lineup this week. They'd had 4 players on bye until this morning. Was really looking forward to that easy win. :(

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Quiet Feet posted:

Fffffuck the cupcake team who had already given up on the season decided to set their lineup this week. They'd had 4 players on bye until this morning. Was really looking forward to that easy win. :(

whats the point of even playing then? Why not just join a league where you are all 12 teams if you want to just feel like youve won something?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Hahaha looks like someone is getting all riled up for no reason. Calm down. I know the feeling Quiet Feet has. He just wanted his free win that other league mates got. Totally normal feeling to have.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

TommyGun85 posted:

whats the point of even playing then? Why not just join a league where you are all 12 teams if you want to just feel like youve won something?

Gee, I can't imagine why I would want a win against the lazy team who's been doling them out to everyone else all season.

Edit: /\/\/\ yeah, that.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

TommyGun85 posted:

lol

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
I apologize for the snark, everyone. Just don't understand the point.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

TommyGun85 posted:

Everyone else is getting a bye against the scrub lord owner and he doesn't. He's at a disadvantage compared to the rest of the league.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

TommyGun85 posted:

If you played in a league where at the start of the season every team but yours was spotted a win, I'm assuming you wouldn't be okay with that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Everyone else is getting a bye against the scrub lord owner and he doesn't. He's at a disadvantage compared to the rest of the league.

And this is precisely why every league should have a very firm rule about setting a lineup every week. To the point that if someone is starting IR/Bye/O players even once, there's a rule that a commissioner sets their lineup to maximize projected points, and then they get one week to shape up or they're replaced. If someone's going to be on vacation or whatever, they can set their lineup in advance, designate a proxy to do it, or ask to have their lineup set to the projected points, or whatever.

You don't tolerate an owner handing out random free wins, because that's grossly unfair to the opponents that they actually tried to beat.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

90% of fantasy footballs want a Taco in their league :\

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

TUS posted:

90% of fantasy footballs want a Taco in their league :\

As long as you're not the Taco.

Although to be fair, Taco did win a championship.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
100% of mes want to live in a world where The League doesn't exist

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh god I'm starting eli and kaep in my two main leagues.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Leperflesh posted:

odell heard you

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
WELP EAGLES D/ST WELP

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Giants already have two picks. Hope nobody started Wentz

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Leperflesh posted:

also roger lewis

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

WELP EAGLES D/ST WELP

Yeah. I started eagles in the league I also.started manning, though, so I guess I'm breaking even?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Yep. Time to punt on this season.

Hopefully Zeke gets me a stud keeper.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Having listened to this week's "Eagle Eye in the Sky" podcast is making this PHI - NYG game a lot of fun to watch. They knew EXACTLY how they could be beaten by the Giants on both sides. Probably the smartest pod in my rotation right now - highly recommended.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

No thanks

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
God drat Ajayi why did I have to take a chance on Foster instead.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Hope all you Mike Wallace owners have him in your lineup

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Even if i wasn't in bye week hell, no way I wouldn't be rolling him out against Pit :getin:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Zypher posted:

Even if i wasn't in bye week hell, no way I wouldn't be rolling him out against Pit :getin:

Same.

Also I apply this rule to JMatt vs Dallas. It's the only time you can rely on him.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Did Forte score a TD? It's not showing on fantasy cast

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Lol Treadwell with his first career catch.

WTF happened there? Thought he was supposed to be the "Pro Ready" one?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Someone tell me why it's the second quarter and Dez has a goose egg.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone tell me why it's the second quarter and Dez has a goose egg.

Dangerous Zeke is too busy eatin.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
when dez, c west, and kelce combine for 4 points

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LmaoTheKid posted:

Dangerous Zeke is too busy eatin.

That guy is going to murder the NFC East.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

Hope all you Mike Wallace owners have him in your lineup

I'm the guy who flexed SSS when Cobb was ruled out and spent 15 minutes debating on dropping Smith and picking up Wallace instead.

It's me, I'm the jabroni

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Should have started Eli :(

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Lol Treadwell with his first career catch.

WTF happened there? Thought he was supposed to be the "Pro Ready" one?

He's a classic Vikings WR pick, a drop factory with measurables. Anyone who drafted him outside of dynasty is a rube

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 6, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Huh, Tate overtaking Marvin finally, or Lions just taking what Vikings give them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Lol Cole Beastley at it again.

• Locked thread