Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Schnorkles posted:

If we hit 81% turnout with hispanics things would get loving wild

Slate Action posted:

There's no way. What was it in 2012, 48%?

To be clear, that 81% is for registered voters and the 48% is for eligibles, so we'll probably hit like 60-65%? overall

which is enough for...lots of things, just not blue texas

efb I got to 60-65 totally independently from schnorkles which is a good sign!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

:drat:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

quote:

"Mr. Trump, who does not use a computer, rails against the campaign’s expenditure of tens of millions on digital ads, skeptical that spots he never sees could have any effect."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally%E2%80%93Anne_test

quote:

Eye tracking of chimpanzees, bonobos, and orangutans suggests that all three anticipate the false beliefs of a subject in a King Kong suit, and pass the Sally-Anne test.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

He's jewish, so he's permitted to make fun of himself with a caricature.

If someone else tweeted that Krugman was going to look like that, then it would be horrifically offensive.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Jeb was fundamentally unprepared to get poo poo on. He was too surprised to react to it properly because to a guy like him, no-one just insults your wife and calls you a piece of poo poo on national TV. It's just not done.

This has not been a problem for Hillary. She's used to that crap.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

triple sulk posted:

gimme some jeb pics pls

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

:jackbud:

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i just want to hug jeb and say it ok.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Something I like about President Cruz is that he's not running up expenses to the American taxpayer by living it up in the White House. He's perfectly happy to kick it in his Slimy Giant Ant Hill, where he can get things done

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
jeb as a cam girl: please fap

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

SirPhoebos posted:

So what exactly happened to Jeb? Was he just not interested in being President?

he was the only one interested in jeb being president, his mother included

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

this guy is so funny before elections. i think he was wrong about something or other in the primaries? a little like selzer's polling not being perfect for the iowa caucuses (and i guess we'll see about the election soon), sometimes these local datamongers don't get the perfect result. but they're definitely worth listening to

i think i read an article by him about his daughter transitioning to male, it was pretty touching

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

"
He's joining the faculty at A&M's Bush School of Government and Public Service, named for Jeb's father, former President George H.W. Bush.
"

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

triple sulk posted:

gimme some jeb pics pls

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Bethamphetamine posted:

Following the primary and general election has irreparably hosed up any websites that give me recommendations based on my history. If I was looking over my shoulder, I'd assume I was an evangelical sov-cit oathkeeper. My cookies will need an enema after this.

All the promoted trump tweets show up in my timeline.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/795347104021422080

Also, someone post the Jeb! Is a Mess airhorn please. Asking for a friend.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Dems creating a second firewall of votes in the southwest thanks to Latinos establishing themselves as a keystone of the coalition is extremely my poo poo

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SirPhoebos posted:

So what exactly happened to Jeb? Was he just not interested in being President?

Jeb! is a sadsack loser who got owned at every turn during the primaries. I seriously can't think of one thing he did that made me think 'oh ok, that's something a president should do/say'

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

In 2008,
White vote: 63%, split 73-26
Black Vote: 13%, split 2-98
Hispanic Vote 20%, split 35-63

If White Vote drops 2% and Hispanic Vote share increases 2% but the splits remain the same, the 950k Mccain win drops to an 800k Trump win.
If you change the White Vote split from 73-26 to 68-31%, that 800k Trump win drops to a 316k Trump win.
If you change the Hispanic vote split from 63-35 to 70-20 as Latino Decisions seems to indicate, Clinton wins by 73k votes.

Texas is up for grabs.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

He's adorable.

I wouldn't mind having a Jeb! of my very own, but I don't think I'd want to put him in charge of anything.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Something I'll never get about Republican voters is how they see the final election map which has all the rich, smart people in New England and the West coast, where all the good jobs and culture are, and they don't automatically flock to that, in a sort of "they must be doing something right since they are way richer than my Alabama rear end" way

like why wouldn't you follow what the rich successful people are doing

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

Apologies. A few of of you died as babies because I forgot dwarf babies can't drink alcohol and all our water froze

lmebo

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Bethamphetamine posted:

Following the primary and general election has irreparably hosed up any websites that give me recommendations based on my history. If I was looking over my shoulder, I'd assume I was an evangelical sov-cit oathkeeper. My cookies will need an enema after this.

My election following habits have completely unhooked me from data capitalism and marketing. I live in some dadaist art space where all of my facebook ads are for literal tons of small rocks, raincoats, and folding chairs.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
3 hour line to vote in Cinci. Souls to polls stumping outside the building.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Teikanmi posted:

Something I'll never get about Republican voters is how they see the final election map which has all the rich, smart people in New England and the West coast, where all the good jobs and culture are, and they don't automatically flock to that, in a sort of "they must be doing something right since they are way richer than my Alabama rear end" way

In a lot of cases, the rich successful people are putting the thumbs on the scales so your Alabama rear end not only can't move up, but has probably moved down in the last 20 years.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

iospace posted:

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/795347104021422080

Also, someone post the Jeb! Is a Mess airhorn please. Asking for a friend.

Now Democrats are onto Plan B — to turn the rest of America into California.

pretty rad idea tbh

Teikanmi posted:

its because they only hear "godless liberals". america is two separate nations

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Teikanmi posted:

They don't want to be posh Vermont rich, they want to be Texas Oil baron rich.

And they also want to be accepted by the posh Vermont rich.

The assholes wont even return their calls.

They'll see..... We'll show them...

Next-Gen
Sep 22, 2004

Ted Nugent is the next generation in Joint Combat soldiers

Teikanmi posted:

your basis is foolish because the areas you state are not real america

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Slate Action posted:

2012 Final RCP average, Pennsylvania: Obama +3.8
2012 actual margin: Obama +5.4

2016 current RCP average, Pennsylvania: Clinton +2.6

e: also RCP has gotten so bad this cycle. The current PA average includes polls from Gravis, Remington, and Harper, all godawful pollsters.

i used to read rcp out of some kind of 'dont want to be in my bubble i should read the reupblican aggregator' idea but its gotten pretty meaningless at this point

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

went to see dr. strange, accidentally ended up at dr. weird

gentlemen

behold

bahahaha on topic to election thus reminded me of the athf ep where un the intro after GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD: what gets revealed is a platter of corncobs

great foreshadowing to the 2016 election from a show in 2003 or whenevrr

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I rarely post because I'm eternally 10-200 pages behind. Must be nice to not have a life and be on the cutting edge of this thread. Like a 16 month high.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Shipon posted:

pretty rad idea tbh

tubalier!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Shipon posted:

pretty rad idea tbh

Didn't California turn blue because of backlash to a crazy anti-immigrant candidate?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Teikanmi posted:

Because those aren't the salt of the Earth "Real Americans." They're evil sinful LIEberals who didn't earn their wealth by looking and pretending to think like they do.

On more practical terms, moving isn't easy or cheap. Often not even possible given the circumstances of most off the inner US.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

what did trump say this time

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I wish the Spirit Cooking thing had come out like two weeks earlier so we could've all thrown kick-rear end Spirit Cooking Halloween parties.

Blood, semen, and breast milk stuffing in the Tofurkey just won't be the same.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/steveschale/status/795350011290775552
https://twitter.com/steveschale/status/795350361439666177

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Bethamphetamine posted:

im legit concerned that google thinks im racist

• Locked thread