Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

MAGA Warlord posted:

Not sure why many of you think that the original letter had no impact; it hurt Clinton and the Democrats, badly. Cost them any shot at the House, significantly damaged their chances for the Senate, and even hurt Clinton's chances. I'd agree that it didn't hurt her "support," her topline numbers, specifically, but it

1) Rallied Trump & his campaign (see the NYT article today). They finally took away his Twitter account, Trump's been "on message" all week, gave them a "solid" closing argument. Trump could have gotten A LOT worse this week, destroying his and downballot numbers even further. He was headed that way. We'll never know, now.
2) Took pressure off downballot candidates. They were able to pivot all attacks into, "Clinton's under FBI Investigation."
3) Put media spotlight on Clinton. As has been evident throughout the entire general election campaign, the candidate that received the most media attention was hurt by it.
4) Rallied independents and leaners to his side. Polls show this. Those "on the fence" were pushed into his camp.
5) Rallied weak supporting Republicans, especially women, to his side. See, again, the poll numbers.
6) Prevented a death spiral - if Trump kept up his antics, his supporters might have lost faith and not showed up at the polls, possibly leading to a massive wave and a unified Democratic government.

All over DUPLICATE & PERSONAL EMAILS. I'm absolutely LIVID, not many lmaos for me.

sir,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Baller Ina posted:

Hey kids! Why is Orange County more red than the rest of California?

No srsly I'm curious

its actually polling blue this year for the first time like ever. but to answer your question i dont know. suburban whites? inland ca is all kinda hosed

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007
man, /r/the_donald is just pretty sad now that they've run out of material.

It reads like poo poo you'd come across when you accidentally stumble into the darker/unhinged/crazy corners of the internet except it's the main subreddit for the republican nominee.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
im pritty fcked up rn fam

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

nachos posted:

2 more days until I never have to see or read about Kellyanne Conway, Jeff Lord, Lewandowski, and the rest of the deplorable surrogates ever again

2 more days until they get jobs at Trump News Network

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

there's lotsa tards out there livin kick rear end lives

JUST LOOK AT THIS THREAD

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

why is there an e behind hillary's head

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Baller Ina posted:

No srsly I'm curious

Its almost all upper class white people

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Baller Ina posted:

No srsly I'm curious

because of all the republicans and chinese, hence the name

etherealshaq
Mar 6, 2010

COME DOWN AND EAT CHICKEN WITH ME, BEAUTIFUL. IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO DARK

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Baller Ina posted:

No srsly I'm curious

It's rich af

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Phyresis posted:

thats normal ur overreacting post more

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

actually this is a pro click if you wanna learn about orange county culture
http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-me-framed/

zakkro
May 29, 2015

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/795382172295241728

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Baller Ina posted:

No srsly I'm curious

rich "gently caress you, got mine" white and asian people

but they're not quite as racist as the rest of the party so they're going blue this year

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

rawrr posted:

man, /r/the_donald is just pretty sad now that they've run out of material.

It reads like poo poo you'd come across when you accidentally stumble into the darker/unhinged/crazy corners of the internet except it's the main subreddit for the republican nominee.

its been like that the entire election though, friend

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

quote:

Back on his plane, heading into the campaign’s final weekend, Mr. Trump reclined in his leather chair and refused to entertain any suggestions that his unorthodox, unpredictable and now uncertain campaign for the presidency would end in defeat.

“I’m going to win,” he said.

Good, he still has hope. I want him to fully lose his goddamn mind on Tuesday.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Zas posted:

not joking, this is good stuff

Meowy Babyleg
Sep 10, 2011

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its true and I cant wait for 2020

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Yinlock posted:

of course trump's problem isn't mental illness, it's being a giant piece of poo poo on top of the mental illness

I think he's got early onset dementia. It reminds me of my grandpa, who also gets angry at everything, gets angrier when he doesn't understand something, which is almost always now, blames others for him not understanding things, projects the way he is acting onto other people and also only hears certain words and then assigns entirely new meanings to them. So you know, if he did win (LOL) Trump would be Term 2 Reagan.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Man Musk posted:

why is there an e behind hillary's head

its the number 2

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Phyresis posted:

post more it helps settle you out

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Southern California was mostly settled by peeps from the Southern states

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Hobo Clown posted:

He had a great meltdown on election night when Romney lost, it can only get better when he's the big loser

He has been bottled up for days now after getting his twitter taken away, he's just going to unload non stop and it is going to be glorious.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

im glad the republican party is dead.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Zas posted:

anecdote about irvine, when i lived there i got pulled over multiple times riding a bicycle at night time because they thought i was suspicious

they also try their best to keep any homeless out the moment they cross the border from tustin or costa mesa

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hillary bought up all the pollsters to do internal polling for her campaign

All of them

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

a fleshy snood posted:

lol the trump hotel in toronto is in receivership because everyone hates trump

When it comes to business Trump is pretty smart. He doesn't actually own that hotel and won't lose that much money. It was financed with Russian money and lots of small investors lost their shirts. OPM.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/trump-tower-goes-bust-canada-214412

I hope that after this election everyone everywhere knows how stupid it is to invest in anything with the Trump name, to sell to Trump, to be a vendor for Trump, to work for Trump. He is a parasite, a blood sucking vampire.

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

woops sorry, number 6 with a coke pls

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

GrimGypsy posted:

Didn't British courts just rule about something that means Brexit may not even happen?

Would that it were so.

The descision was that the Prime Minister can't just officialy trigger Brexit (scheduled for March apparently) and begin the whole process. Parliament has to meet and vote for it to happen.

Since there's probably a majority of MP's who are actually attached enough to reality that they realise what a disaster it would be. There's a chance that it might happen.

Depends on how obliged they feel to respect the referendum, whether it's a free vote, public opinion at the time etc etc.

So it *might* happen. We get to have more months of glorious uncertainty while this is all thrashed out.

Tldr: :shrug:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
:ducksiren:
https://twitter.com/SwiftOnSecurity/status/795382825679810560

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

watch Chinatown

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

KiteAuraan posted:

I think he's got early onset dementia. It reminds me of my grandpa, who also gets angry at everything, gets angrier when he doesn't understand something, which is almost always now, blames others for him not understanding things, projects the way he is acting onto other people and also only hears certain words and then assigns entirely new meanings to them. So you know, if he did win (LOL) Trump would be Term 2 Reagan.

they let reagan be president and he had a skullfull of mush before inauguration

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

triple sulk posted:

same but my mother in law am i right fellas

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/795365878829301764

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

GrimGypsy posted:

Trump's endgame
SHES A WITCH
LETS BE MORE LIKE BRITAIN
WHY ARE BLACK PEOPLE ALLOWED TO SAY A WORD BUT I'M NOT

Didn't British courts just rule about something that means Brexit may not even happen?

it has to go to the british version of scotus, which is known as brotus

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

triple sulk posted:

:same:, but I won't enjoy it rising from the grave come 2018

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

DaveWoo posted:

Hillary bought up all the pollsters to do internal polling for her campaign

All of them

Isn't that basically true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

nachos posted:

deplorable surrogates

let us describe them in the language newt gingrich was kind and thoughtful enough to introduce into our national politics (taken verbatim, except as indicated, from his gopac memo):

failure[s], destructive, sick, pathetic, li[ars], traitors, sensationalists, hypocri[tes], radical[s], incompetent[s], self-serving, greed[y], ideological, intolerant, corrupt, selfish, insensitive, disgrace[s], bizarre, cynic[s], cheat[ers]

• Locked thread