Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
It's really weird, because it's structured so Banner 1 is Aphinaud/Y'shtola/Minfilia, and Banner 2 is Yda/Papalymo/Thancred, but they still stick Papalymo's new SSB on Banner 1.

I mean, I'm all for a stacked banner so I don't mind, but it's still a little odd. Banner 2 has some good stuff; Papalymo's BSB is the Fire version of Maria's BSB, Yda gets a Full Break with Greased Lightning/Self Stoneskin Commands, and Thancred gets an Imperil Fire with either has a spammable Physical Blink in physical heavy fights or a 6 hit burst command for magical fights. It's also well structured if you want to make or already have a Fire team as all three bursts (+Yda's new Wall Break self buff SSB) are Fire. It'd be a pretty amazing banner on any other event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Note that on the base level, Shout does provide a stronger offensive boost compared to Vessel of Fate, so on a purely physical team with no other Boostgas, Shout will still be better for straight up damage boosting. Where Vessel of Fate's other advantage is its strong commands as well; almost any (non-healer) character can RW it and then go on to do some damage with the commands, no matter how barren their skillset is otherwise.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Attestant posted:

For starters, you're mitigating the wrong damage type. Daedalus has only one magica attack (Piercing Darkra), which you can take care of with that Magic Lure + a Dark resist item. So change to Power Breakdown + Protectga instead. Then, is it possible to have a setup where the Saint Cross and Banishing Strike are on your Bow and Sword users? Daedalus is stupid tanky, and you want to hit the weakness when you can.

Honestly though, you may not be able to do this with such low synergy. This guy is almost Mote Ifrit-tier in difficulty. I got massive synergy, and it still took me almost two hours of attempts to squeak out a win. :shrug:

Chill, for the most part the only missable things most Ultimates reward are accessories, and even those end up being a nuisance eventually. Personally I'd only get antsy if missing mythril, since that is the most important resource long term, that isn't farmable in any ways.

Piles of major orbs are nice and all, but nothing mandatory, since dailies and orbfests will shower you with them anyways. You just gotta first invest in the baseline hones to be able to do Ults comfortably, and then enjoy the Major Orb interest once you're there. Trying to skip too far ahead the curve is going to lead to frustration.

All of that was taken into account! With some pushing, I managed to get him. Thanks you!

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
FF12 event ends tommorow...and I think its finnally gonna happen. Im finally not going to be able to finish an event.

Figures it'd be based around a game I dont like and a character I hate. Daedalus is unadulterated horseshit.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Shoenin posted:

FF12 event ends tommorow...and I think its finnally gonna happen. Im finally not going to be able to finish an event.

Figures it'd be based around a game I dont like and a character I hate. Daedalus is unadulterated horseshit.

I basically had to Hit and Run him for a while, honestly, and stack in more Debuffs.

Bartz had 5* Bow with Lifesiphon/Dismissal(didnt help), spammed BSB and SSB
Faris had Thief's Revenge and Power Breakdown, also spammed her BSB(and burst actions)
Leon had Magic Lure and Banishing Strike(and slapped Hand of the Emperor)
Tyro did SG, Full Break and Saint's Cross(and Keeper's Tome)
Eiko did Rebirth and her other Hastega, while healing with Curaja and Protectga.
RW was Shout. Everyone else had some 4+++ synergy weapons.

I basically slammed everything I could in the first few rounds, smacked him until RIGHT before half way health, refreshed everything then and kept going. I kept Medicas charges ready just in case he decided it was swell to start spamming AoEs.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Its not even the AOE's that get me, that's manageable.

Its the fact he has an insanely retarded "why would you put something like this as a regular attack" Proc Stop, in a game that has no defense or even way to cure it. Can't even direct it either so if it hits and proc's the healer, GG. His Piercing Darka also completely obliterates someone despite SG/Shellga and Fullbreak/down.
I guess I can try to mitigate the latter with Draw Magic. The former is possibly the most sheer form of retarded bullshit FFRK has done in global.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Lure Magic + Shadow resistance takes care of Piercing Darkra.

Stop is more troublesome, but it is possible to overwrite it with a Stop from a low MND character, like Celes or Quina. If not, you can just S/L til it doesn't Stop and burst him down before he uses it again. Physical blink also prevents the attack from even connecting in the first place.

And really, Daedalus isn't even close to the worst FFRK has in store for us. Now that U+++s are no longer Cid's Mission, they have to be a step above U++s.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Nov 6, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I give up on the U++ for FF12. At first the Darkra was the issue, hitting my guys without dark resist equipment for insane amounts of damage. I changed my strategy up to include some magic blink which dealt with that - then I got him to 50% HP for the first time and just, no thanks. Stopping people at will for a ridiculously long time, spamming physical and magical damage everywhere. I'm sure I could beat it with time and effort and hones but those 2 crystals are not worth it.

Shame too because I have decent FF12 synergy - Balthier + SSB (which everything resists in this event lol), Ashe's first ever SB but at 8* but with Synergy is a good physical attacking sword, and Gabranth's armor which has good stats and resists dark (but the boss himself absorbs dark so can't use Gabranth).

I dunno maybe I'll give it another try at some point now that I read about Magic Lure/Dark Resist. I have P Cecils first ever SB for magic lure, maybe I can have him use that, Banishing Blade and Saint's Cross. Honestly I think having no damage dealing BSBs/OSBs is starting to become an issue as well, I was coasting by on having an entirely SSB party setup for some time and it looks like resists and such are becoming really common.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Well after several attempts, 30 minutes of running away to fill meter, and having the luck of the loving gods (4 pulsar waves and none did a proc), Daedelus down.

Goddamn Terrible fight, I was absurdly lucky none of the Pulsar waves stopped anyone. gently caress his poo poo.

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003
Well poo poo, my luck is good lately.

On a single 11-pull I got clouds osb.

I previously had razzmatazz, and after finally beating Daedalus I felt lucky and did a 11-pull on the FFX banner and got apocalypse, wakka's burst, and chaos rod. I now have two great OSBs. The cid missions will be a cakewalk, the first I could do since FFVI where I have insane synergy.

Before this pull the only bursts I had were for Tidus and Ramza. Now I have 3 bursts and 2 osbs :stare:

Can't believe the luck..

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
How does Celes' RM3 compare to Attunement II's elemental weakness buff (and how does that compare to air raid's wind buff, when applicable)?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

How does Celes' RM3 compare to Attunement II's elemental weakness buff (and how does that compare to air raid's wind buff, when applicable)?

+40% damage to Spellblades, compared to the +20% the other options provide.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I think I'm getting spoiled by all the instant cast mitigation I have now, Daedelus was easy for me

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I thought the Daedalus fight was kicking my rear end until I realized Cecil was self sustaining with his first burst command while everyone else dropped. He soloed the final quarter of his health bar. Got mastery too, medal requirements are really lax these days.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I beat Daedelus. Beatrix did work. My healer didn't get stopped. That's basically all it came down to. Looking forward to fighting tonight's ultimates tomorrow.

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003
I set my RW to OSB Tidus with 623 realm synergy attack, apocalypse equipped, and I record dived for the 3% bonus to water damage as well.

I can also set to the BSB if preferred

Code is rXuE

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:stare:

When do those start?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Are the two Freelancer costumes the only new ones in the limited-time Gysahl Exchange that ends tonight?

I'm probably not going to get the Lantern and Hat I wanted- still need 12000 Greens and not getting any drops :(

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

IllegallySober posted:

Are the two Freelancer costumes the only new ones in the limited-time Gysahl Exchange that ends tonight?

I'm probably not going to get the Lantern and Hat I wanted- still need 12000 Greens and not getting any drops :(

Yeah, everything else is a repeat.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Attestant posted:

Yeah, everything else is a repeat.

Cool, thanks. Got those, anyway. Satisfies the completionist in me.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

A good rule of thumb for the Lv99 RMs:
  • Raw stat boosts (eg WoL's ATK/DEF with a sword, Firion's plain +ATK with no frills, etc) are +13%-15%, according to Enlir, which seems pretty low for how hard they are to get. Single-stat MND/DEF/RES-based boosts get +25% instead, for some reason - likely because ATK/MAG are much easier to boost in general.
  • Global damage increases (+Elemental damage, +Weapon damage) are +30%, which is a 10% boost above Lv65 RMs of the same kind.
  • Jobclass damage increases (Celes's +Spellblade, Agrias's +Knight, etc) are +40%, which is absurd but situational since it doesn't work on SBs (though it does work on some BSB burst commands) so it doesn't boost your DPS quite as consistently as the prior category. BLM/WHM boosts are +25% instead. Either way, they're also a 10% boost over Lv65 RMs of similar make.

Considering you're comparing a Lv99 RM that boosts Jobclass actions to a Lv65 RM that boosts global damage on weakness hits and another that boosts global damage of a specific element, it's a +40% boost vs a +20% boost in both cases.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Quick question about the XP bonus RMs - is it worth going after more than one of them, or does a single one apply to the entire party? It looks like at the end of battle there's total XP and that just gets divided between characters, but I can't tell if the bonus is applied to the total amount of xp (so everyone gets a share) or if the bonus procs when it gets divided. Dunno if I should keep just leveling Luneth or if I should go ahead and unlock the other ones from Cid, Relm, and Palom, too.

I'm guessing it's per character since I can't think of any other RMs that affect anyone but the user, but I wanted to be sure.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Quick question about the XP bonus RMs - is it worth going after more than one of them, or does a single one apply to the entire party? It looks like at the end of battle there's total XP and that just gets divided between characters, but I can't tell if the bonus is applied to the total amount of xp (so everyone gets a share) or if the bonus procs when it gets divided. Dunno if I should keep just leveling Luneth or if I should go ahead and unlock the other ones from Cid, Relm, and Palom, too.

I'm guessing it's per character since I can't think of any other RMs that affect anyone but the user, but I wanted to be sure.

Only the person with the RM gets the boost, yeah, and that boost overwrites synergy bonuses when applicable. (Meaning someone who procs Ace Pilot will only get the 2x EXP from the RM, instead of 3x from stacking the RM and Synergy bonuses.) Luneth's Lv99 version is a 40% proc, whereas the others are a 20% proc.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

KataraniSword posted:

A good rule of thumb for the Lv99 RMs:
  • Raw stat boosts (eg WoL's ATK/DEF with a sword, Firion's plain +ATK with no frills, etc) are +13%-15%, according to Enlir, which seems pretty low for how hard they are to get. Single-stat MND/DEF/RES-based boosts get +25% instead, for some reason - likely because ATK/MAG are much easier to boost in general.
  • Global damage increases (+Elemental damage, +Weapon damage) are +30%, which is a 10% boost above Lv65 RMs of the same kind.
  • Jobclass damage increases (Celes's +Spellblade, Agrias's +Knight, etc) are +40%, which is absurd but situational since it doesn't work on SBs (though it does work on some BSB burst commands) so it doesn't boost your DPS quite as consistently as the prior category. BLM/WHM boosts are +25% instead. Either way, they're also a 10% boost over Lv65 RMs of similar make.

Considering you're comparing a Lv99 RM that boosts Jobclass actions to a Lv65 RM that boosts global damage on weakness hits and another that boosts global damage of a specific element, it's a +40% boost vs a +20% boost in both cases.
Also note that +raw ATK or MAG will have a significantly higher effect than +% damage so long as you aren't ramming the softcap. Terra's level 99 RM (no frills +13% MAG) is probably the best of the bunch other than Luneth's for this reason.

e: Devotion is still better but Terra's won't kill your defenses

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 6, 2016

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

KataraniSword posted:

Only the person with the RM gets the boost, yeah, and that boost overwrites synergy bonuses when applicable. (Meaning someone who procs Ace Pilot will only get the 2x EXP from the RM, instead of 3x from stacking the RM and Synergy bonuses.) Luneth's Lv99 version is a 40% proc, whereas the others are a 20% proc.

Nice, thanks! Guess I'll unlock 'em all and make the sundailies even better. Might as well go for them early since I've got like 90% of the characters left to level up.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Maybe I'm weird but find the Lv99 RM system kinda annoying. I'd rather take them as random drops after breaking the Lv80 cap, because with the current system it's either boring because you just egg your guys to 99, or it takes forever if you try to get there normally. It's a bit :spergin: but I don't like running max level parties because I feel like the EXP is going to waste, and now that we finally get to break Lv80 the most efficient method is to just immediately get your guys to max level again. I know synergy and hones matter a lot more in this game than levels and stats, but I still like the illusion of gradually getting stronger when I level up.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The experience boost RMs don't stack with synergy?

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Also note that +raw ATK or MAG will have a significantly higher effect than +% damage so long as you aren't ramming the softcap. Terra's level 99 RM (no frills +13% MAG) is probably the best of the bunch other than Luneth's for this reason.

e: Devotion is still better but Terra's won't kill your defenses

For some later, similar-to-that-one-options, if you're stingy with your MC3s(MC3s have never caught up to the unlock rate in JP);

There's also Echo's L99 RM notably later, which gives +15% at the cost of... blinding the character.

So you know, if they're only using magic, they care very little.

There's also later a series of +15% Mag with X gear stuff, though only Krile's(+with Whip) and Hope's(+with Thrown) are really all that great for a spread of characters, and even those're limited.

(On the other end of the spectrum, there's Lulu's +15% Magic with Dolls L99 RM, which sure exists alright.)

Also, Serah gets a cutrate Devotion that only hits Defense but gives +15% Magic, as an L99 RM, which sure screams "Yeah we know we screwed up and made Devotion too good, oops".

Of course, none of these get you an L99 Terra. :v:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nihilarian posted:

The experience boost RMs don't stack with synergy?

Nope. They override the 1.5x with their 2x when they trigger. It's still a net positive, but not as much of one.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'm so happy daylight savings is over. Finally the event times are accurate :qq:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Luck held out rather well, in both my available Relics and Daedalus's actions.

Firion's Weaponmaster was absolutely the star of the fight, and he was the lowest level member at 65 and forced to the front with the Sun Blade because I don't have it mastered (otherwise I'd have shoved him in the back with a fused Loxley Bow). Penelo had Multi-Break and was dealing ~8500 Diagas, Basch was there for Apocalypse Shield and to rock Banishing Strike, Fran actually had Stop equipped along with Power Breakdown-but not a single Stop occurred in the two times I tried the fight- plus Mist Overload, and Minwu was there for healing and instant Medica.

The holy assault burned him down into half health quickly, and from there his favored AoE wasn't doing all that much comparatively- with all the breakdowns, my guys could tank two rounds and Minwu could top that back up. Without a single Stop, he was probably easier than the Ultimate for me. I'll definitely be burning an MC3 lode on Firion.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

:siren:WARNING::siren: The Guado Guardians in the Ultimate fight are not vulnerable to instant death, unlike literally every other time we've done this fight.

Don't waste orbs and/or stamina trying cheeky Odin tactics.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
gently caress. I forgot to finish the ffxii event. I was doing the ultinat ++, and was wrecking him too. :(

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

U-DO Burger posted:

I'm so happy daylight savings is over. Finally the event times are accurate :qq:

... well poo poo, i was still working on the ults :negative:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
All three fights in this event were pretty simple. Sapphire Shot melts everything, so if you have that honed these fights will probably go as smoothly for you as they did for me.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

KnoxZone posted:

All three fights in this event were pretty simple. Sapphire Shot melts everything, so if you have that honed these fights will probably go as smoothly for you as they did for me.

U+ Geosgaeno being weak to both Saint Cross and Sapphire Shot was basically what let me ace the CM on my first try, honestly. Hastega is really nice to have, and Jecht having Meteor Crush/Sapphire Shot (or Dark Bargain/Sapphire Shot, to taste) makes him a self-sufficient powerhouse against anything weak to Water.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Okay, I've set Tidus OSB as my RW for this week.

Code: KvTo.

It's 490 ATK with Synergy, but it's still serviceable as a Nuclear Option for the X Event Ultimates.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I'm gonna do this event's bonus battles tomorrow, still got sundaily to spend my stamina on and I'm not exactly worried about not finishing it, considering it's made to melt if Tidus's OSB looks at it.

Speaking of which, is it worth it to spend a couple mythril on sundaily with double greens? I'd like the exp boost on some guys but I need to save my meager egg collection for OK. I'm at nearly max stamina (~167) so it would be stamina-efficient.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
This ultimate was woefully easy.

If you have native shout, use an Abe's All Stars RW, win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I'm gonna do this event's bonus battles tomorrow, still got sundaily to spend my stamina on and I'm not exactly worried about not finishing it, considering it's made to melt if Tidus's OSB looks at it.

Yeah I don't understand why people are rushing to do the bonus battles within the first hour when we still have 7 hours of Sundaily with x2 Greens. They'll be there for another week!

• Locked thread