Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

whypick1 posted:

Marshawn sure looks like he's enjoying retirement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK1CARwbclQ

:allears:

Marshawn is still the best :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Monday night is gonna feature a whole lotta Rex cRyin' if you know what I mean

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Shangri-Law School posted:

That is disgusting. I am disgusted. Why, Joique, why?

Just gotta get cut by the Pack, and sign with the Vikes in a couple weeks and his NFC North tour is complete.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

"Just emulate JPP's technique"

https://twitter.com/kpatra/status/795297735901585408

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

It had been reported as a "wrist" but he's dealt with it since week 3 or 4 of the preseason. Explains a lot as he was straight up whipping everyone he faced in the preseason and he hasn't had the same ability to shed blockers as the season has gone on, yet he's still dominated against the run somehow. So I guess this isn't something that's gonna heal during the season then.

The Giants also are coming out of the bye week less healthy than when they went into it, because you know, Giants

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Iodised QQ posted:

It had been reported as a "wrist" but he's dealt with it since week 3 or 4 of the preseason. Explains a lot as he was straight up whipping everyone he faced in the preseason and he hasn't had the same ability to shed blockers as the season has gone on, yet he's still dominated against the run somehow. So I guess this isn't something that's gonna heal during the season then.

The Giants also are coming out of the bye week less healthy than when they went into it, because you know, Giants

Also it was the preseason and even then the teams they faced weren't particularly good

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

Also it was the preseason and even then the teams they faced weren't particularly good

I don't care about final scores or even stuff like quarterback stat lines in the preseason, but line play is line play. It's the only thing I really look at in those meaningless games. Sure you'll have some guys going through the motions and some even dogging it, but generally speaking, if you're better than the opposition on the lines then you'll always be better. And OV absolutely whipped everyone he faced and got tons of pressure before this hand thing came up.

During the season he mostly plays pattycake with opposing OTs on pass plays because he just doesn't have the same ability to shed blocks now. It's a night and day difference and just saying "it's preseason" doesn't come close to explaining it.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Iodised QQ posted:

I don't care about final scores or even stuff like quarterback stat lines in the preseason, but line play is line play. It's the only thing I really look at in those meaningless games. Sure you'll have some guys going through the motions and some even dogging it, but generally speaking, if you're better than the opposition on the lines then you'll always be better. And OV absolutely whipped everyone he faced and got tons of pressure before this hand thing came up.

During the season he mostly plays pattycake with opposing OTs on pass plays because he just doesn't have the same ability to shed blocks now. It's a night and day difference and just saying "it's preseason" doesn't come close to explaining it.

OK, sure but you're still making the case that beating the OLs of the Dolphins, Bills, and Jets in the preseason should translate to regular season rear end-whuppings for other teams, if not for injury and that seems pretty silly to me

e: It was always going to be an uphill battle for Vernon this season, regardless of injury. I expected the moves on Dline to pay off more next year

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 6, 2016

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thought, there's so much talk about will or won't Roethlisberger play today, when that seems really irrelevant.

He always comes back early and sucks because of it. He averages 200 yards passing with 9 TD's / 10 Ints in those games. But it's the Ravens so the Steelers probably win regardless.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kalli posted:

Thought, there's so much talk about will or won't Roethlisberger play today, when that seems really irrelevant.

He always comes back early and sucks because of it. He averages 200 yards passing with 9 TD's / 10 Ints in those games. But it's the Ravens so the Steelers probably win regardless.

He's really good coming off a BYE week tho, so hopefully it won't matter

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Cowboys!!!!!!!!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Dumbasses on Fox pregame think Philly over Giants and Broncos over Raiders are somehow upset picks

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
What's the current streaming option du jour?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

blue squares posted:

Dumbasses on Fox pregame think Philly over Giants and Broncos over Raiders are somehow upset picks

the Giants are favored over the Eagles by 3 points, obviously I do not share that optimism either but by the letter of gambling law it qualifies as an upset

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

blue squares posted:

You realize that Philly and Denver are both underdogs, right?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

a neat cape posted:

You realize that Philly and Denver are both underdogs, right?

Maybe by a tiny bit but I just don't see those as legit upsets

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Intruder please rename one or both of the NFC East threads to the afc south is the best division in football

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Metapod posted:

Intruder please rename one or both of the NFC East threads to the afc south is the best division in football
Oh poo poo we're doing divisional threads again

Bring back the AFC South thread

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Def not the gdt.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 6, 2016

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Color me surprised that the Giants are actually doing a good job picking up the Eagles pass rush today.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 6, 2016

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Not the gdt.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
OV was an absolutely terrible investment even at the 4/60 Miami offered but my GM is terrible so

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Oh poo poo we're doing divisional threads again

Bring back the AFC South thread

You have to earn a divisional thread. The AFC South has not. Especially since AFC South posters have been begging for one since the NFC East thread began, and yet none of them have just loving made one

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

blue squares posted:

You have to earn a divisional thread. The AFC South has not. Especially since AFC South posters have been begging for one since the NFC East thread began, and yet none of them have just loving made one

There's a fallacy on the forums that must be corrected.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

:laffo:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Ezekiel Elliot's shirts have gotten even smaller

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Holy moly

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Crunkjuice posted:

What's the current streaming option du jour?

Reddit nflstreams.
Hope someone has an acestream link up, download acestream. It's probably full of Russian hacking exploits that will upload my entire folder of vacation photos to wikileaks while simultaneously creating a botnet node to ddos wikileaks, but who cares, it streams football.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

whypick1 posted:

Marshawn sure looks like he's enjoying retirement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK1CARwbclQ

:allears:

I just marathoned 30 Rock again and I just realized that Marshawn is like the Tracy Jordan of football.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

I just marathoned 30 Rock again and I just realized that Marshawn is like the Tracy Jordan of football.

Homophobic?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Marshawn Lynch is under the care of Dr. Leo Spaceman.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Gonz posted:

Marshawn Lynch is under the care of Dr. Leo Spaceman.

Leo Spaceman would be that doctor the Chargers had a while back.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/SportsDailyBlog/status/795366696345223168

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Kelce is going to eat a bigger suspension than Josh Brown

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Completely loving shocked the Raiders punter didn't get flagged. Enjoyed the hell outta watching him but holy poo poo dudes have gotten flagged for less.

https://twitter.com/barstooltweetss/status/795468286393716736

https://twitter.com/thrillis4/status/795469566063341568

e for 2nd tweet completing the dance

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Nov 7, 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Imagine flagging or suspending a punter for literally anything

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

He's totally getting a fine from the commissioner.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Intruder posted:

He got flagged for a horse collar tackle earlier in the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Pete Carroll: Marshawn, if you watch the game tape I sent you, you can really see that there's probably a lane in the A gap over there.
Marshawn: I don't really watch game tape, I'm more of a masturbator.

• Locked thread