Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

KoRMaK posted:

i didnt get it until this quote. thank you

i still don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!

KoRMaK posted:

its doing this so it can effectively kill and consume something, right?

it's just a big fan of corn meal

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
cyber domovoi :3:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

ganbare neo poke kun

a video game when I was literal childe inside the fun neo geo pocket color

minigames

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/ZaidJilani/status/795474559638052868

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Hello Spaceman posted:

i still don't
when you turn your monitor off, what do you see

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

https://twitter.com/fancydrak/status/673821422838489092

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmonday morning motherfuckers

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Re: Spiderchat

Saw this guy chilling next to my friend's stoop

A few hours later my friend and I went hiking and saw this dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCKO9IlDOKQ

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

did you tread on he?

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I am irrationally terrified of spiders. Especially funny as I live in a country with like two types of poisonous ones which I've never seen

I do have a :3: for tiny jumping spiders though

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

this is a good read about Portia spidders and how impressively intelligent they are for their size

http://www.dichotomistic.com/mind_readings_spider%20minds.html

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
portia is also the hero in adrian tchaikovsky's children of time, which is worth a read. it starts out seeming a bit too much like a deepness in the sky but distinguishes itself nicely even though both are about humans encountering superintelligent space spiders

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Graff
May 10, 2012

anthonypants posted:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmonday morning motherfuckers

same :(

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

classic

where are you getting these old ads from? they own.

King Diamond
Dec 26, 2005
https://twitter.com/keau1ani/status/795109119740911616

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Red_Fred posted:

I am irrationally terrified of spiders. Especially funny as I live in a country with like two types of poisonous ones which I've never seen

I do have a :3: for tiny jumping spiders though

oh my gooooood same and same, those little jumping fellas are adorable to this arachnophobe as well. i grew up with those little zebra striped wood fellas and they were the only one i didnt mind seeing

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Agile Vector posted:

oh my gooooood same and same, those little jumping fellas are adorable to this arachnophobe as well. i grew up with those little zebra striped wood fellas and they were the only one i didnt mind seeing

spiders is cats with too many of everything

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Im dying here

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom
hi im from australia and my fear of spiders is extremely rational

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
8 year old me coming home from school to find my non-technical dad awkwardly sat cross-legged in front of the living room telly, typing that exact balloon program in with literal seconds of keyboard hunting between each stroke, and then seeing it make a computer do something instantly converted me from being someone who hated computers and spent all day everyday mucking about in the woods with mates into a total shut-in computer nerd. I still can't decide whether it was the best or worst thing my dad ever did but I'm massively grateful anyway.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i'm not sure you should be allowed to have surfing and castles

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

toiletbrush posted:

8 year old me coming home from school to find my non-technical dad awkwardly sat cross-legged in front of the living room telly, typing that exact balloon program in with literal seconds of keyboard hunting between each stroke, and then seeing it make a computer do something instantly converted me from being someone who hated computers and spent all day everyday mucking about in the woods with mates into a total shut-in computer nerd. I still can't decide whether it was the best or worst thing my dad ever did but I'm massively grateful anyway.

...and that's how i ended up on yospos.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

the dog, from cooking with dog, has died

rip francis :(

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
spidos are good scorpos can gently caress off

team spido

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

as usual, I'm the Bausch & Lomb 3D Weltanschaaung

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

no steppy

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

A rare early Liartown.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
thanks thread for reminding me the most dangerous wild animal in the mainland united kingdom is the badger, thereby proving that britain is god's chosen country

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

thanks thread for reminding me the most dangerous wild animal in the mainland united kingdom is the badger, thereby proving that britain is god's chosen country

Actually it's asbo

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

spankmeister posted:

Actually it's asbo
you surely mean a tory

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you surely mean a tory

Tori ASBO

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/nicoleheitzman/status/795466170874863617

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

wolrah posted:

Relevant to discussion from a few pages ago, some Harvard researchers have managed to create metallic hydrogen in the lab: Observation of the Wigner-Huntington Transition to Solid Metallic Hydrogen

495 GPa of pressure (~71.8 million PSI) at liquid nitrogen temperature.

Graff
May 10, 2012

toiletbrush posted:

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
yo Eight Legged Freaks is a terrible movie but it loops back around into being good if you need a spider fix

• Locked thread