Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Just don't throw grenades or go prone or melee attack and you'll be fine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I don't get the love for the mp18 trench gun. So much recoil, it's always bouncing all over the place for me. What am I doing wrong goons?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

mexi posted:

I am fed up with aiming down the sights after certain actions only to have my gun not shoot.

Gun jamming for enhanced realism!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

shut up blegum posted:

I don't get the love for the mp18 trench gun. So much recoil, it's always bouncing all over the place for me. What am I doing wrong goons?

Try taking the bayonet off. I haven't tried it but according to the official site, equipping a bayonet has all sorts of detrimental effects to things like recoil, draw speed, etc.

PyrE
Feb 2, 2005

Soldier? Check.
Flight? True.
Commie? NO!
Rich? Quite.
These games are way more fun when played in groups, wish I still knew my bad company 2 group. Add me on psn irlcyberbully and join the battlegoons community

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

PyrE posted:

These games are way more fun when played in groups, wish I still knew my bad company 2 group. Add me on psn irlcyberbully and join the battlegoons community

Yeah I'm finding that with the bigger player count it's almost impossible to effect any sort of progress without at least two decent pubbies in a squad with me working together.

I'm bc2 you could Rambo a room enclosed mcom pretty well considering there'd be maybe 3 or 4 guys from the other team at any given time. Now when I slip past the front line to circle around behind the deepest flag, there's inevitably 8 fuckin dudes on my rear end as soon as it starts capping. (and not in the way I'd prefer 8 dudes in my rear end right Dantes haw haw)

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.
Okay last gripe post but does anyone else have issues with the auto aim? I will sight down on someone and it'll throw the sights just over the guys head. Mostly using the autoloading 8.25 extended but it causes me to lose a lot of first shots. If they are prone I don't have this issue.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Finger Prince posted:

Try taking the bayonet off. I haven't tried it but according to the official site, equipping a bayonet has all sorts of detrimental effects to things like recoil, draw speed, etc.

Wait, really? Have a link?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Got my first hate mail and hacking accusation in Battlefield 1!

I guess using the tank to suppress the telegraph so the enemy team can't disarm it is camping. Bonus points, after sending that last message we made it to the last set of telegraphs, where the defenders finally get a tank. He grabbed it and rushed me, but I back away and lured him into my anti tank mines. RIP.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

10 Beers posted:

Wait, really? Have a link?

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/melee-combat-of-battlefield-1

quote:

Equipping a bayonet to your primary weapon also negatively affects the recoil of your weapon, and how quickly you can raise your weapon to a fire-ready position after a sprint. Picking a bayonet also means that you will indirectly forego other add-ons that you could have equipped instead.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

So I wonder if they're going to add other barrel attachments eventually? I can't think of anything they bayonet stops you from taking now.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So I wonder if they're going to add other barrel attachments eventually? I can't think of anything they bayonet stops you from taking now.

Pop gun cork
"BANG!" Flag
Red plastic muzzle tip
Drooping wobbly rubber barrel

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Pop gun cork
"BANG!" Flag
Red plastic muzzle tip
Drooping wobbly rubber barrel

Would unironically use all of these.

edit: especially if you could beat wookies to death with the rubber dick-barrel in kolibiri-esque damage increments.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
I'm excited to see what kind of gimmick kills are possible. Killing mans with the hand flare in BF4 was cool and good.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

this, ladies and gentleman, is how to destroy a vehicle with K Bullets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NmgbqmSZJA

:ocelot:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Auxiliary Treats posted:

I'm excited to see what kind of gimmick kills are possible. Killing mans with the hand flare in BF4 was cool and good.

You can definitely kill mans with a spotting flare. Works like an incendiary grenade.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

can you kill people with the repair wrench

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Lost it laughing at this kill. Looked like he needed a passenger.
http://xboxclips.com/MeatBishop/c3983cb9-284f-4e66-95ab-8e1e1c4a6108

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
So kind of an exploit that you can camp the poo poo out of the boat spawn on suez with your own boat and just rack up thousands of points... I worked through a full game of just killin boats and random players who would spawn to go after the dreadnought in them.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

PyrE posted:

i've a little bit of luck dropping into some good squads that locked poo poo down but if anyone wants to add me i'm playing on xbox one

gamertag: Commie Flanders

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I added myself to the bone krew. I have mostly been playing scout but I don't stand on the edge of the map like a dipshit.

Everyone seems to recommend the Mars pistol for scout but honestly the frommer stop owns so hard. It's about 6 kills shy of my most used weapon

Gamer tag is Baconfeet

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Bone Krew :unsmigghh:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ol Standard Retard posted:

So kind of an exploit that you can camp the poo poo out of the boat spawn on suez with your own boat and just rack up thousands of points... I worked through a full game of just killin boats and random players who would spawn to go after the dreadnought in them.

I noticed that. I spawned in someone's boat out there and spent a while just blasting empty boats plus the odd person who spawned in one. Pretty boring but I guess it will level you up? Now whenever I see a boat out on the right side of the overhead map I assume that's what they're doing.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Do empty boats get you the disabled/destroyed points and count towards medals?

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

Knightmare posted:

Do empty boats get you the disabled/destroyed points and count towards medals?

Yep

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
People have been using this boat trick to max their level and class ranks within just a few rounds. Looks like it's pretty well known by now so lots of people are on the look out to stop it with planes or gun emplacements

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Me and a buddy were discussing whether a wrench should be able to fix a horse (it can't).

I really like that that is a conversation that happened.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

How long would it take me to beat a horse to death?

Can I gas a horse?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Beastie posted:

Can I gas a horse?

you are one sick pup..

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Can a horse trigger an anti tank mine?
Because boy have I got plans if they can.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Beastie posted:

Can I gas a horse?

I feel next time we're online we have some experiments to run...

For science!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

All boners that ain't in the Slack send me your email so we can discuss butts together in the online

red19fire
May 26, 2010

moist turtleneck posted:

All boners that ain't in the Slack send me your email so we can discuss butts together in the online

THERES A SLACK?!?!?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Oh god this pistol medal is going to be horrible, even worse than the melee medal. I don't even think you get enough ammo to get 5 pistol kills in a single life without a resupply or two.

Kringy
Dec 31, 2008
Holy poo poo. So does your character's voice start cracking after you've marked several enemies consecutively? Playing as an Italian, my guy started coughing and yelling in raspy voice after a while. Am I just imagining this effect?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Cant snipe for poo poo, but being a scout Squad Commander armed with flares, the periscope, and a squad of pubbies who only BARELY followed orders, made Oil Of Empires so much easier.

The periscope was made for Operations and works great for racking up points but how the hell do you zoom in and out with it on Xbone?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

super macho dude posted:

Cant snipe for poo poo, but being a scout Squad Commander armed with flares, the periscope, and a squad of pubbies who only BARELY followed orders, made Oil Of Empires so much easier.

The periscope was made for Operations and works great for racking up points but how the hell do you zoom in and out with it on Xbone?

Pretty sure you can't zoom with it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The week medals are changing every single round I play lol

Braggo
Jul 26, 2005
Made the tank eating cat emblem from the BF4 google docs: https://emblem.battlefield.com/eENdmgPr7x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

frank.club posted:

The week medals are changing every single round I play lol

I still have the medals from last week with progress saved. Does everyone get the same five each week or is it random?

My overall K/D has stayed exactly at 2 for at least a dozen matches. EXACTLY two kills for each death, no matter how good or bad I do. The total numbers of kills and deaths listed go up but always at the same proportion.

sunday at work fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 8, 2016