Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Chasiubao posted:

Took out middle Captain on Aksis P2 using Dark Drinker for the first time. Every other time I've either not been the captain killer, or I haven't been using DD. Even on Normal, at 399 light, I was getting my rear end kicked by Aksis blasts and the Captain. I can't imagine that HM is any easier. Is there a trick I'm missing in middle? As soon as I go in, Aksis starts lighting me up :smith:
Why would you both not be the "captain killer"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Akuma posted:

Why would you both not be the "captain killer"?

I've always seen/done one guy going in to kill the captain, the other one staying back to clean up any leftover Shanks.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Chasiubao posted:

I've always seen/done one guy going in to kill the captain, the other one staying back to clean up any leftover Shanks.

If one person's got good light + a super or heavy or something yeah, but really there's no reason both can't take out shanks then captain, or you could have left/right cannon take out the captain easy.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
And sometimes when you pop hammers the stars align and everything feels OK in the world.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

voidwalker is better than striker in nearly every way aside from jug and a mad pro lightning nade user
In most cases I'd agree, but a non Death From Above Fist of Havoc like that was perfect for coming up over the lip of the building. Void Bomb would have taken a second longer and had a hard angle.

He's a reenactment with dinosaurs.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

xzzy posted:

Aksis can't hit you if you press up against his pedestal.

Same but for my dad when I was a kid.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Akuma posted:

My first two characters were Warlock and Hunter, only made a Titan just before HoW. I thought the game was glitching when I used the jump because it's all shaky and poo poo.

Terrible. Horrible.

:cawg:

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Finally completed the Outbreak Prime quest. Got stuck on the 'kill bosses in the raid for some siva waffles' part.

My 1st time through the raid was thanks to a reddit sherpa, we got all the monitors and unlocked the quest. The whole experience was so smooth and the fights were not hard at all I figured i'd just have to go on destinylfg and bang out a few boss kills.

First group: We had three normal seeming people, we got somebody via destiny lfg and they were a little kid, that kid invited another kid who invited another kid. I have not had the pleasure of any kind of raiding with a kid on voice chat but I was ready to crawl through the internet and revoke that kids video game privileges and make him mow the lawn or something because holy poo poo those kids are the worst, most foul mouthed idiots on the face of the planet. or so I thought.

Second Group : Me, some guy with a jersey accent and rage issues, weed_420_kingXX (a gangster? who had to roll a blunt after every room), his friend who was p. much an exact clone (who was yelling at his girlfriend about how her car was parked), some guy who sounded like he was playing in a car speeding down a freeway with the windows rolled down and the last guy, who's eastern european accent was so thick to the point of bad parody. It took so many wipes on the second boss (the one with monitors and safe rooms) before we finally killed him for my last siva part.

e: the gun is eh, okay, I guess.

kzin602 fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 7, 2016

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Let's play a game - can anyone find a destiny youtuber with a worse "what's up guys, it's ya boi XXX" accent than this dude?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvlRPXCxcyE

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Not going to play it because I can tell from the video title it's a complete waste of anyone's time to watch.

Youtube should recover that disk space and delete everything that guy has ever uploaded.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

xzzy posted:

Not going to play it because I can tell from the video title it's a complete waste of anyone's time to watch.

Youtube should recover that disk space and delete everything that guy has ever uploaded.

mlyp

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lowtax would never do that, I have given him literally tens of dollars the past 10 years.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Let's play a game - can anyone find a destiny youtuber with a worse "what's up guys, it's ya boi XXX" accent than this dude?

Pretty sure this is the worst

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBAf5qWERFI

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
:siren:

Word on the street from my Bungie Dog Park contacts is that High Impact Pulses are about to make a big comeback in the next balancing patch. Everyone should make sure they're prepared.

http://i.imgur.com/L4M9yyM.gifv

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Got really lucky and managed to eek out a flawless run last night. Probably the most stressful Trials week in recent memory for me. We didn't need to use our mercy boon, but most matches were 5-3 or 5-4 and we were usually down rounds early and managed lucky comebacks.

Anomaly with no radar is pretty terrible honestly, there's 4 different directions you can get snuck up on no matter where you are on the map. Callouts were also annoying because there's like 20 different "areas". Last week was much more manageable.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

KackisHD is 100% the worst Destiny Youtuber because he combines an utter lack of talent with lovely clickbait misleadingly videos that outright lie.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Word on the street from my Bungie Dog Park contacts is that High Impact Pulses are about to make a big comeback in the next balancing patch. Everyone should make sure they're prepared.

l m a o

gently caress you dude

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Mass Effect 3 MP is coming to Xbone, see you guys when Destiny 2 releases.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Mass Effect 3 MP is coming to Xbone, see you guys when Destiny 2 releases.

WHAT WHERE PROOF LINK HOLY poo poo I'M SO HYPE RIGHT NOW

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
same

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

:smuggo:

http://i.imgur.com/BWZ2d85.gifv

:smith:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm gonna pull out my Three Little Words and be the coolest kid on the block!!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

kzin602 posted:

Second Group : Me, some guy with a jersey accent and rage issues, weed_420_kingXX (a gangster? who had to roll a blunt after every room), his friend who was p. much an exact clone (who was yelling at his girlfriend about how her car was parked), some guy who sounded like he was playing in a car speeding down a freeway with the windows rolled down and the last guy, who's eastern european accent was so thick to the point of bad parody. It took so many wipes on the second boss (the one with monitors and safe rooms) before we finally killed him for my last siva part.

I have been there. I feel you.

This is Limbo, the only place worse than it is Hell itself. Not everyone trapped there is only doing a visit. There are people that work in weird hours or weird schedules and can't be part of a static group of friends, and must live in Limbo, with this type of poo poo.

About the people that deserve to live there, I don't know what I could say. Maybe they enjoy it and consider it the normal thing.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
So either I shot his rocket out of midair or he tried to suicide to deny me the points.

http://i.imgur.com/AhElKFs.gifv

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Maker Of Shoes posted:

So either I shot his rocket out of midair or he tried to suicide to deny me the points.

I think the former, it gave you points for a heavy weapon kill.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Number Ten Cocks posted:

That's because he's using a machine gun.

Looks like it's lag to me, on his screen he probably shot the corner or something.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I'm pretty sure you get the point if they suicide right after taking damage from you. He probably just aimed a little too low and hit the top of the stairs.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Obsurveyor posted:

I'm pretty sure you get the point if they suicide right after taking damage from you. He probably just aimed a little too low and hit the top of the stairs.

worst rocket ever

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
http://i.imgur.com/CNnSUDV.gifv

titan master strat: spam movement buttons until face connects with pain

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Honestly looks like you shot the rocket.

But like most bullshit things in this game I'm sure that "lag" is probably the correct answer.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lol gif is good

totally never gonna be restored to glory but i am still never deleting my OAS/CB/BF Spare Change or Messenger.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

They should bring back high impact autos

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

texaholic posted:

They should bring back high impact autos

I don't understand why they can't tweak every archetype until they're somewhat competitive. You just adjust the damage by 0.4% until the TTK lines up with other guns and presto, you're done. Right?

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
shotgun bros, can i get your opinions? i've got a wicked PC+1 roll and a couple of decent Matador rolls. i'm not sure if either Matador is better than my PC. i'm not a big shotgun user, so i'm not good enough with them to know which one i should actually be using.

- party crasher: agg balls, rangefinder, reinforced, final round
- matador: agg balls, cascade, rifled, final round
- matador: accurized, full auto, rifled, rangefinder

i suspect the first matador is better than the PC, despite lacking rangefinder.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Mikey-San posted:

shotgun bros, can i get your opinions? i've got a wicked PC+1 roll and a couple of decent Matador rolls. i'm not sure if either Matador is better than my PC. i'm not a big shotgun user, so i'm not good enough with them to know which one i should actually be using.

It is. You don't need range finder and a lot if top tier players are now dropping it for other perks.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mikey-San posted:

This popped up on reddit today, try playing with it and get a feel for what the perks can do.

https://destiny-weapon-calculator.herokuapp.com/

The key for shotguns is you want the impact and range as high as possible. aggballs/rifled gets you to the shotgun max on the matadors.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
thanks for the info, guys. i'll run the first matador for a while and see how it goes.

if i were as good with a shotgun as i am with a fusion rifle, i would rule the world.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Uh, so the Zeal Vector is...kinda...good?!?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

all sidearms feel about the same to me

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

texaholic posted:

all sidearms feel about the same to me

this sidearm is hitscan but has smart drift control, which makes it good imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Lightning Knight posted:

KackisHD is 100% the worst Destiny Youtuber because he combines an utter lack of talent with lovely clickbait misleadingly videos that outright lie.

i watched this dude stream for about 3 minutes last week. he was doing hm raid viewer "carries." he died to a turret on p1 after trying to kill it with a shotty and loudly screamed "kill the loving turret!" into the ears of his team. this was after berating his partner on the left side for dying. he then switched to the middle where the carry person was for some reason and proceeded to complain about him not killing the adds fast enough when he tried to go ham on the captain.

fun guy

• Locked thread