Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVizaYena4Y

Somehow missed this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Klay is going to do a lot better as 3rd banana than Love or Bosh because he is a wing who is at his best playing off the ball. Both Love and Bosh needed the ball in the high post to be their most effective, which is also the spot where Lebron James aka The Best Player in the World operates the best out of as well.

Klay's counting stats are going to go down, but I doubt by as much as you may think. The guy who Durant is going to take points from is Draymond, the bench, and Curry.

Also to bring it back to the KD/Barnes chat; It wasn't losing Barnes that was a big deal with acquiring KD. KD is literally better than Barnes at every single part of the game.
The big deal was losing Bogut. Imo Bogut's injury was the 2nd biggest reason the Cavs won last year, moreso than Draymonds dick touching and Steph Choking. Bogut is an amazing passer for a center and plays fantastically off the ball, on top of being a great defender.

The drop from him to Zaza is pretty huge.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Three alpha self-destruction is maybe starting. Butler called out the team the other night and then had this to say.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-bulls-up-and-down-start-spt-1107-20161106-story.html

quote:

"Some guys just switch when we're not supposed to switch," Butler said. "I know who is supposed to be switching and who's not. When that happens, don't nobody know what to do because that's not in the game plan, I can tell you that. We didn't prepare for it."

Butler didn't specify who is blowing defensive assignments. But it's clear that after the coaching staff changed the pick-and-roll schemes during the offseason to feature more trapping or outright switching, there are growing pains.

Rondo is the guy who is loving up by the way.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
A guy like Klay will be hurt because his game will be off rhythm, and he's going to be playing in places on the floor he is not used to. I predicted we'd see Klay take the stat hit this offseason and its been a good start to see that come true.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Also to bring it back to the KD/Barnes chat; It wasn't losing Barnes that was a big deal with acquiring KD. KD is literally better than Barnes at every single part of the game.
The big deal was losing Bogut. Imo Bogut's injury was the 2nd biggest reason the Cavs won last year, moreso than Draymonds dick touching and Steph Choking. Bogut is an amazing passer for a center and plays fantastically off the ball, on top of being a great defender.

The drop from him to Zaza is pretty huge.

Bogut only really played 20 minutes a game though, even less in the playoffs. However, the Bogut/Ezeli tandem WAS really effective and they lost them both.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Cuban is going nuclear.

https://twitter.com/ArtGarcia92/status/795659388132397057

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Having watched a few Knicks games this year I think they should use Porzingis much more. He's clearly their second best offensive player and Rose shoots way too much.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

This should solve his national media bias problem.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Keep in mind that GSW will have $19m next summer to use on Iggy, Livingston, lopsided trades or other free agents.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Lockback posted:

This should solve his national media bias problem.

Cuban warming up for his presidential run 2020.

Klay will be fine. His shot will come back. Zaza won't suddenly turn into Bogut though, which is a problem. Also, my new favorite player in the league is Devin Booker. Never stop shooting, Devin, you 15 year old rascal.

edit:

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/795624655105101824

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 7, 2016

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"I love Cuban because he acts just like a regular sports guy!

No, sports fans are garbage people

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

lol

:wow:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Keep in mind that GSW will have $19m next summer to use on Iggy, Livingston, lopsided trades or other free agents.

They are going to have to sign curry and Durant so how are they getting this 19 mil?

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Doesn't Silver have any say here? This seems like a bad precedent.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

what is Cuban doing?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
i think klay's in store for a (last year) danny green type of year.

both guys thrive off of familiarity to a system, a clearly defined role, and rhythm.

last year the spurs changed up their offense pretty radically and added an entirely new major offensive asset. danny green's offense suffered tremendously for it and he was one of the pioneer 3&d guys. i get that klay is "better" than danny, but i think you'll see very similar results. they're both very finely tuned pieces and any disruption could be damaging to their game.

we're all holding our breath that danny can come back this season now that there's some more continuity, but i think we'll see klay struggle for a while.

i think danny's more mentally tough than klay because pop destroyed all sense of self in him long ago. danny can be expected to adapt and change whereas klay hasn't really had to deal with the kind of struggle that danny's career put him through.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

"I love Cuban because he acts just like a regular sports guy!

No, sports fans are garbage people

Its true, I am.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

what is Cuban doing?

Being a dumb overgrown toddler, so, pretty much the usual.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Metapod posted:

They are going to have to sign curry and Durant so how are they getting this 19 mil?

Early Bird Rights for KD = $31.8m
Thompson, Green and Curry's cap hold = $55.8m
If the cap is $107m that leaves $19.6m

Tho empty roster spots and their rookies eat into that

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Lockback posted:

A guy like Klay will be hurt because his game will be off rhythm, and he's going to be playing in places on the floor he is not used to. I predicted we'd see Klay take the stat hit this offseason and its been a good start to see that come true.

Predicting that the stats of the 2nd-best player on your team will suffer a bit when he becomes the 3rd-best player on your team isn't some amazing or novel prediction. Klay has been pressing badly which has lead to missing wide open shots, but that's a coaching issue, not some sort of mismatch of skills or him having to move to different spots on the floor than he was before. He's also always been a streaky shooter.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

Bogut has been trash this year so I don't think this year's version of him would be helping the Warriors all that much.

Also can't believe how many people freaking out over the Warriors losing a couple games where they clearly weren't playing that hard on defense. This is like the Heat team from a few years ago. Everyone picks apart their flaws after a loss but when the playoffs come around, rotations tighten, and guys go 100% on defense, they'll mop the floor with everyone in the West.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Ron Artest publically declared that his favorite movie was half baked and that he's working on a movie about a basketball player that smokes a lot of weed

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Niwrad posted:

Bogut has been trash this year so I don't think this year's version of him would be helping the Warriors all that much.

Also can't believe how many people freaking out over the Warriors losing a couple games where they clearly weren't playing that hard on defense. This is like the Heat team from a few years ago. Everyone picks apart their flaws after a loss but when the playoffs come around, rotations tighten, and guys go 100% on defense, they'll mop the floor with everyone in the West.
He's leading the league in TRB%...can't imagine how a player like that would help the warriors

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jack's Flow posted:

Klay will be fine. His shot will come back. Zaza won't suddenly turn into Bogut though, which is a problem. Also, my new favorite player in the league is Devin Booker. Never stop shooting, Devin, you 15 year old rascal.

Welcome.... welcome

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

straight up brolic posted:

Ron Artest publically declared that his favorite movie was half baked and that he's working on a movie about a basketball player that smokes a lot of weed

your gonna be a star, kid

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I'm not cap smart how does 1 year allow for early bird rights?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thompson, Green and Curry's cap hold = $55.8m
If the cap is $107m that leaves $19.6m

Tho empty roster spots and their rookies eat into that

Your doing the math Wrong I think
Durant has to be signed into space and they have some hefty cap holds.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Papercut posted:

Predicting that the stats of the 2nd-best player on your team will suffer a bit when he becomes the 3rd-best player on your team isn't some amazing or novel prediction. Klay has been pressing badly which has lead to missing wide open shots, but that's a coaching issue, not some sort of mismatch of skills or him having to move to different spots on the floor than he was before. He's also always been a streaky shooter.

Klay was the third best Warrior last year.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/795660861058617345

:unsmith:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

euphronius posted:

Can someone post that insider article on embiid

Not sure if we can directly link, but if you go to the Sixers Reddit, someone posted it there.

Thank God for Embiid because I'd have a tough time trying to find interest in the NBA without him around these days.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thanks mate

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Some more Lance injury tweets:

https://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/status/795674556337946624

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/795662315249016832

https://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/status/795675388957589504

https://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/status/795679800853753857

https://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/status/795680497871556608

https://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/status/795681046276739072

https://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/status/795681415321055232

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

straight up brolic posted:

He's leading the league in TRB%...can't imagine how a player like that would help the warriors

He's been a complete trainwreck offensively and isn't moving well on the defensive end. This isn't the same Bogut the Warriors had the past 2 seasons.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Iguodala was crucial to recruiting Durant in the first place. I don't think keeping Bogut over Iggy was a realistic possibility given that aspect of Durant and Iguodala's relationship. Part of the Warriors' pitch was basically, "you get to play with your buddies Draymond and Andre. We're all about family and friendship over here (except Harry Barnes and Noted Atheist Andrew Bogut, gently caress them)".

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Metapod posted:

I'm not cap smart how does 1 year allow for early bird rights?

Sorry I got my terms mixed up. KD can be signed for 120% of his previous salary via the Non-Bird Exception.

euphronius posted:

Your doing the math Wrong I think
Durant has to be signed into space and they have some hefty cap holds.

I'm pretty sure that my numbers are right. KD would be signed first in this scenario. But Looney, Jones, McAdoo, and McCaw add another $4.5m. So if Iggy and Livingston sign for the vet min ($1.5m each), that would leave 2 empty roster spaces ($500k each iirc). So that would leave $8m in cap space. Not much but probably enough to re-sign Bogut.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Are you counting iguodalas and livingstons cap holds which will be WAY MORE the min salary

Edit

Never mind I see what you are doing

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Sorry I got my terms mixed up. KD can be signed for 120% of his previous salary via the Non-Bird Exception.

I'm pretty sure that my numbers are right. KD would be signed first in this scenario. But Looney, Jones, McAdoo, and McCaw add another $4.5m. So if Iggy and Livingston sign for the vet min ($1.5m each), that would leave 2 empty roster spaces ($500k each iirc). So that would leave $8m in cap space. Not much but probably enough to re-sign Bogut.

I would expect that Bogut is going to get more than $8 million a year on his next contract.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Also Durant could always end up taking a pay cut because he's shook and not a leader

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah if you can get iguodla and liv to sign for minimum that would be great.

I would not do that. Livingston hasn't even made a lot of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Livingston could easy get like 3/40 from some team and you want him to sign for 1/1.5 or whatever

• Locked thread