Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My Lovely Horse posted:

I think I'm gonna have to delete Letter Quest. I know it's nothing but an idle time waster but for some reason I downloaded and keep coming back to it. Even so, it's a grindfest. I'm halfway convinced the only reason there's a (bog standard) upgrade system is because the letter selection algorithm is a bit shite. And the dictionary database it uses is extremely questionable.

It feels like a phone game they just removed the IAP for but didn't change anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
that Tower of Monster games is pretty loving unfunny

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Akuma posted:

I just looked up the context and that's pretty funny.
:tipshat:

Really, you'd THINK tDToM would have local multiplayer from looking at it, based on the kind of game it is, but it doesn't, because it was cheaper to make it the way it is.

I played and beat Letter Quest in about 3 hours. It was a pretty OK 3 hours but I liked Bookworm Adventures 15 years ago, so there's that.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

My Lovely Horse posted:

I think I'm gonna have to delete Letter Quest. I know it's nothing but an idle time waster but for some reason I downloaded and keep coming back to it. Even so, it's a grindfest. I'm halfway convinced the only reason there's a (bog standard) upgrade system is because the letter selection algorithm is a bit shite. And the dictionary database it uses is extremely questionable.

Yeah I feel exactly the same. I even own Boggle on the PS4, so I'm not big fan of these types of games, but Letter Quest is just SO uninspired. It feels like someone's senior year programming project.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wendell posted:

I like the voice actor for the director in Deadly Tower of Monsters, his tone and delivery are perfect. Unfortunately one 20 minute play session was more than enough for me, it just isn't very fun to play.

The VA for the protagonists isn't as good either. The VA for the woman's fine, but the male VA misses the mark.

e: I like that the bad guy has an interocitor

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 5, 2016

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Considering how tired I am of zombies I gotta say, Organ Trail was a very good choice at like $3. I'm sure a lot of it is nostalgia but there's something incredibly relaxing about watching an RV endlessly trundle along as your friends/family/the cast of Frasier/the current presidential candidates die off one by one thanks to your bad decisions, all in 8-bits.

I think the music helps.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Kenny Logins posted:

:tipshat:

Really, you'd THINK tDToM would have local multiplayer from looking at it, based on the kind of game it is, but it doesn't, because it was cheaper to make it the way it is.

pretty sure they patched it into the pc version

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Awesome! posted:

pretty sure they patched it into the pc version
Makes sense, because it really feels like it's just a fairly simple patch away from implementation on PS4.

By the by, finished Steamworld: Heist, and it was pretty good. One thing I did have wrong is the water loss if you abort/lose a mission. I didn't realize at first it's a percentage of the total currency you have banked, so at higher difficulties it really is a big hit.

Also, I had assumed it came with the DLC but it didn't. Oh well.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Just curious, for the spend 100 get 15 back promo, we should get that 15 by the 15th, correct? I haven't done it in a couple of years so I can't remember when exactly it shows up in your wallet.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Handsome Ralph posted:

Just curious, for the spend 100 get 15 back promo, we should get that 15 by the 15th, correct? I haven't done it in a couple of years so I can't remember when exactly it shows up in your wallet.
This is for the Canadian version of the promo, but yeah, it's on or before Nov. 15. It doesn't show up in wallet - you're given a code you have until 11:59PM (PT) on Dec. 13 to redeem. That puts the $15 in your PSN wallet.

I screenshot the T&C for every time this kind of promo goes on, I can only suggest others do the same.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Just saw a PSN notification message dated 11/4 that I've got a free $10 credit to spend by November 30th. Anyone else get this? Or could it have to do with me buying/registering a PS4 last week?

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Wolfsheim posted:

Considering how tired I am of zombies I gotta say, Organ Trail was a very good choice at like $3. I'm sure a lot of it is nostalgia but there's something incredibly relaxing about watching an RV endlessly trundle along as your friends/family/the cast of Frasier/the current presidential candidates die off one by one thanks to your bad decisions, all in 8-bits.

I think the music helps.

It also helps that, as tired as zombies and zombie parodies are, Oregon Trail's theme of the hardships of survival is a perfect match for a zombie re-skin. Pretty much every situation in Oregon Trail has an apocalyptic analog that doesn't feel forced.

Also the little cameos are fun.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is it fairly safe to say PS3 isn't getting many more games at this point?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Persona 5

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Correct. Persona 5 should get a release, and other than that it's probably just going to be major sports/Just Dance games.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm in no position to buy a new console. Oh well.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Yakuza 0? Anything else with translation lag.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Buy a used one then. :v:

Saint Freak posted:

Yakuza 0? Anything else with translation lag.

Most of those don't get their PS3 version translated, just the PS4 one.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Good news, used PS4s should soon be dumped all over the place by people trading up to PS4 Pros, so you may be in a better position than you think

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Thanks, folks. Any suggestions for an online place to buy one that won't try to gently caress me over? eBay seems reasonable but I don't want to overpay.Our local shops are...expensive, used or new.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 7, 2016

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ograbme posted:

Ecco is partly inspired by John Lily, a scientist who took tons of acid and met aliens in a sensory deprivation tank who told him to teach language to dolphins.

The Dollop episode on this is amazing

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Pablo Gigante posted:

Agreed. drat good podcast.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Pablo Gigante posted:

One of the best.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is the Natural Doctrine game any good? the screenshots looks very unprofessional and not worth the $60, but it looks interesting.
also paranoia agent game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

drop for tomorrow
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/04/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-1182016/

Cartoon Network Battle Crashers
Dishonored 2 (11/11)
Eagle Flight (VR)
Handball 17 (11/11)
Marvel Pinball Vol 1
My name is Mayo (xbuy)
Robinson The Journey
Root Letter (11/10)
Small Radios Big Televisions
Sword Art Online Hollow Realization

Clear winner this week imo

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is GameStop or anyone doing any good trade in deals on PS4->PS4Pro?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is GameStop or anyone doing any good trade in deals on PS4->PS4Pro?

nothing i've seen announced. their going rate is $150 right now. maybe they announce something later this week idk.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is the Natural Doctrine game any good? the screenshots looks very unprofessional and not worth the $60, but it looks interesting.

It often goes on sale for less than that but I wouldn't recommend it unless you enjoy games where even after you've figured out all the not very well explained mechanics you still have to plan out every stage entirely in your head before you even take the first turn.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

No but there are a decent amount of games that are still locked to the PS3 and never came out for anything else.

Thanks, folks. Any suggestions for an online place to buy one that won't try to gently caress me over? eBay seems reasonable but I don't want to overpay.Our local shops are...expensive, used or new.

Honestly I would try to buy direct from someone. I know a good portion of my friends are all trying to unload their PS4s at the same time for the Pro and there will definitely be people settling for much less than they're worth after release.

Most likely once the pro is out the price of a used old PS4 will plummet.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Sony just tried to auto-renew my PS+ even though I have a year left. Now my PS4 has lopped off a year and says it expires in a few days. What the gently caress is Sony trying to pull here?

Thank God I have auto-renew turned off. If they'd successfully charged my card I'd be super pissed.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
Are the Sword art games any good. I never watched the anime it's apparently based off of but I enjoyed most of the dot hack series which is by the same company.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Combination Peeta posted:

Are the Sword art games any good. I never watched the anime it's apparently based off of but I enjoyed most of the dot hack series which is by the same company.

If you're going into it liking .hack you're going to be disappointed.

It's a waifu game with some MMO combat.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Combination Peeta posted:

Depends on which one. Hollow Fragment Vita was pretty fun once you got a hang of the systems and building yourself into a monster with zero attack delay and basically infinite SP. The PS4 version made a bunch of changes though so skills didn't take SP but had a cooldown, meaning you couldn't buff yourself into spamming them infinitely.

Lost Song is an incredibly vanilla action RPG thing, but isn't terrible. Just bland at best.

Hollow Realization is Hollow Fragment style gameplay, but I don't know anything more specific beyond that.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

List of new PSNow games available with the subscription, Bolded a few for emphasis

Catherine
Beyond: Two Souls + Advanced Experiments DLC
WRC 5: FIA World Rally Championship
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
Trine
Retro City Rampage DX
Smash Cars
Enemy Front
Alien Rage
BlazeRush
Velocity Ultra
OlliOlli
Tennis in the Face
Go! Sports Ski
Nitro(+) Blasterz:Heroines Infinite Duel
Don Bradman Cricket 14
Handball 16
Hunter’s Trophy 2: Australia
Crimsonland
Greg Hastings Paintball 2
Star Raiders
Warlords
Rugby 15
Rugby World Cup 2015
MotorStorm RC Complete Edition

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

psnow is gonna be real great once it cost 1/3rd asmuch and has ps1 and ps2 games to round out the library. i think i live on top of one of their servers it works so well for me but i have no reason to subscribe long term at 100 per year

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Looks like a new sale started.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A decade of downloads accurately describes buying Battlefield 4 complete edition through PSN

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

gibbed posted:

Looks like a new sale started.

Makes me long for the days of Battleborn discounts.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Awesome, Bloodborne DLC is finally on sale!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

...! posted:

Sony just tried to auto-renew my PS+ even though I have a year left. Now my PS4 has lopped off a year and says it expires in a few days. What the gently caress is Sony trying to pull here?

Thank God I have auto-renew turned off. If they'd successfully charged my card I'd be super pissed.

did you buy the year recently, and are you sure that the one year left wasn't pending while they were trying to charge for the auto-renewal?

Schroeder91 posted:

Awesome, Bloodborne DLC is finally on sale!

a week ago, I would have considered getting this, because I've enjoyed Bloodborne a lot (last time I played, I had just beaten The One Reborn), but World of Final Fantasy is taking up all my time now, and with FFXV coming out this month, I don't know if I'll get back to Bloodborne any time soon.

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 8, 2016

• Locked thread