Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

cams posted:

it's too bad that 2016 was not even CLOSE to 2012 when it came to great pop music, we could use some election day 2016 playlists.

"you can't always get what you want" should either open or close.

Donald Trump naked in front of a golden mirror, crying and groping at his tiny penis while mouthing the words to The Weeknd's Til Dawn

Edit; loving Balls

Cephalocidal fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Pretty sure election 2020 is starting literally wednesday.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Covok posted:

The irony will be after the election when someone releases Trump's tax returns and it turns out he pays taxes like everyone else, but wanted to cover up the fact he's only worth 100 million dollars at most.

tbf Jake Tapper was still harassing Kellyanne Conway about the taxes on Sunday

it just doesn't work on the Trump campaign because they never give a single gently caress

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Monkeys, frogs and elephants on one side, goats, ducks and donkeys on the other. Our animal kingdom has never before been so partisan

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .
1.7 billion dollars in kesh. in Kesh.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Oh poo poo, really?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lastgirl posted:

Monkey or goat?

Which is the imposter??

Monkeys are assholes, goats are chill bros. Goats all the way.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
If nothing else, after the 2-3 days of Trump supporters (or Hillary supporters like myself if the worst shall happen), I'm glad to be able to shut the gently caress up about polls, polling, nate silver, GOP 2012 autoposies, low propensity voters, etc. for four years.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Cardboard Box A posted:

A very Joementum article:
https://twitter.com/noonanjo/status/795671580189872128
One of the original sins that has helped create the Trump campaign is the fantasy held by some conservatives that 2008 and 2012 should have been easy races for Republicans to win. It’s not difficult to understand where this view comes from: These people can’t fathom the appeal of a Barack Obama and assume the world thinks like they do. On one level, it’s typical tribalism, like an Auburn fan who can’t imagine rooting for Alabama. But on a deeper level it reflects the willful denial of reality that has helped Donald Trump and Breitbart take over the Republican Party.

If you believe that 2008 and 2012 were actually easy races to win, it leads you to a series of conclusions now manifest in the disaster that is the Trump campaign. A race would be easy to win if only a candidate savaged an opponent, if only a candidate screamed at the media, if only a candidate really appealed to white voters and called non-white voters, well, “rapists” for example. It’s like believing the Earth is flat. Once you live in that reality, it’s only logical not to send ships over the edge.

It wasn’t really a coalition of angry working-class voters that led Trump’s flat-earth crusade. It was a coalition of angry rich media figures who know, even if they are wrong, there is a lot of money to be made denying reality. It’s Laura Ingraham, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Steve Bannon, Rush Limbaugh, and the usual carnival barkers, most of whom are too smart to believe their own nonsense. But they have made fortunes peddling bile and prejudice and the market continues to be good.

Donald Trump is the perfect candidate for those who have argued it should be easy for a Republican to win the White House. He’s spent over a year screaming at the president and Hillary Clinton, calling our largest neighbors “rapists” and stirring up religious bigotry. In a country founded on religious freedom, he’s called for a religious test to enter the United States.

In the flat-earth world, Trump should be headed to a landslide. He’s running against a Democratic opponent who faced a fierce primary, historically one of the keys to winning the White House. Rarely does the White House remain in the same party for three terms. Hillary Clinton is hardly a fresh face and started the general election with high negatives. This should be a cake walk for the angry candidate building an army of missing white voters. How’s it working?

By running a campaign appealing to white voters, Trump is doing less well with white voters than Mitt Romney (I was the chief strategist for that campaign). Trump’s on track to lose white college-educated voters, something no Republican has done since the FDR era. Even Barry Goldwater won white college-educated voters. Romney won white women by 14 points. Trump will probably lose white women.

Two data points should be enough to guide the Republican party forward: In 1980, Ronald Reagan won a sweeping landslide of 44 states with 56 percent of the white vote. In 2012, Romney won 24 states with 59 percent of the white vote. And a higher percentage of whites voted in 2012 than 1980.

Pages back, but very true. Trump's campaign is the creation of right wing media puppet masters, not some vague sense of anger from poor people.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Oiled and Ready posted:

No but I do like his character in Bojack

Clearly no one likes him, he's been relegated to doing web segments for GQ

my grandma likes keith olbermann, or at least did on msnbc, zero chance she's watching gq youtube videos. i also found out my mother in law loves bill maher too, which surprised me a little. the audience for "smug liberal guy" must be on the older side because i can't stand that kind of thing and can't really imagine how anyone could.

im more of a "total dweeb nerd liberal" tv person fan, your chris hayes, maddows, so on.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Covok posted:

The irony will be after the election when someone releases Trump's tax returns and it turns out he pays taxes like everyone else, but wanted to cover up the fact he's only worth 100 million dollars at most.

he has to be worth more than romneybot2000 or else that would mean the GOP is sliding backwards

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

looks like you got some spares, dorf me

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

lol if people think trumps campaign is for poor people, a man who has never cared about anyone who makes less than seven figures in his life

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

That DICK! posted:

Monkeys, frogs and elephants on one side, goats, ducks and donkeys on the other. Our animal kingdom has never before been so partisan

holy poo poo

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Tainen posted:

I remember getting really excited when he would announce he was doing a special comment segment on his show back in 2007/2008. I was an idiot.

we took any voice we could get during the bush years

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/sopandeb/status/795719954469449728

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Sigh. Still didn't make the Dwarf cut! Rigged! :sad:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

shiksa posted:

my grandma likes keith olbermann, or at least did on msnbc, zero chance she's watching gq youtube videos. i also found out my mother in law loves bill maher too, which surprised me a little. the audience for "smug liberal guy" must be on the older side because i can't stand that kind of thing and can't really imagine how anyone could.

im more of a "total dweeb nerd liberal" tv person fan, your chris hayes, maddows, so on.

old ppl are allowed to like bad things thats why theyre so drat racist all the time

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/WaPoSean/status/795719358936924160

haha

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:goatdrugs:

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Othello exclaims "Goats and monkeys!" to indicate the rapacious libidos and uncontrolled pleasureseeking of people.

E: Wanna grab those pussies (in a nice way) :3:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hey does anyone else here have VERY CLOSE, lifelong friends they haven't spoken to for most of the election that are supporting trump and are looking forward to a lifetime of never discussing it again lest all respect be lost?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Can I be that not-yet-named mechanic?

Want to be dwarfed before the election.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Why does it matter, Donnie? Thought you believe Global Warming was a hoax? Which is it, Donnie? Which is it?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Bunleigh posted:

a vitality supplement from a 42-year-old man who looks like he's in his late 50s

That dude makes me look like Hugh Jackman in the Wolverine movies, and my "vitality supplement" is straight whiskey. :getin:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/RosieGray/status/795720189178445825

"Brexit plus plus plus" says increasingly desperate man for the 10th rally in a row

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm naming our mercs after election subplot people :3:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I control the brews, I control the fort.

e: Why is my name yellow, but my fellow brewer Yinlock's brown?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

hammer lord hell yeah

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmao I love Trump's ability to take GOP talking points and gently caress them up at the end

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oh, word?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

sad old engines

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

we're posting in it right now, buddy

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

In order to predict the winner tomorrow I took two stuffed toys, told my dog one was Hillary and the other Trump, threw them both across the room for him to choose one and he immediately ran towards Trump and tore it to pieces. Not sure what to make of this tbh. Should I let Nate know?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The projection is reaching critical levels.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Homeless Friend posted:

lmao I love Trump's ability to take GOP talking points and gently caress them up at the end

it's like you can tell the exact moment he stopped paying attention

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Philip Rivers posted:

I wish Mike Pence would just go away and stop antagonizing queer people forever but we all know he's gonna be in office until he's 90. :sigh:

It was absolutely chilling watching the VP debate and seeing him sigh his way through a bunch of talking points he clearly didn't care about or even necessarily agree with, and then suddenly get SUPER PASSIONATE about curtailing abortion rights. It seemed like that was literally the only thing he actually cared about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

I'm glad to be with you at the end of all days.

Thanks to Joe, ZDR, Logikv9, Baloogan, LastGirl, Schnorkles for the effort posts, Squizzle for the gifs, Turdfuzz for the immaculate shitposting and all the rest of you. I don't know how much longer this thread will last or if DDOS will take us offline tmrw but I wanted to say it's been a blast. :)

:glomp:

w00t

here we go

ELECTION!

• Locked thread