Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I can't experience joy but I'm a good judge of what would or wouldn't have elicited joy from me if it were humanly possible for that to happen. And I can confidently say that the last good comic book movie was Batman(1989).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Schweinhund posted:

I can't experience joy but I'm a good judge of what would or wouldn't have elicited joy from me if it were humanly possible for that to happen. And I can confidently say that the last good comic book movie was Batman(1989).

Lol gently caress you

Road to Perdition I win

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Dreamt I saw Jay going on a date with a guy but later I figured out that that guy was a murderer so I had to sprint through downtown Milwaukee to save his life.
Mike was there too but he wasn't doing anything.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Batman 1989 was good but I liked Batman Returns a bit more. Both solid in my opinion.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

reignofevil posted:

Batman 1989 was good but I liked Batman Returns a bit more. Both solid in my opinion.

whoa guy. this is an unpopular opinion thinking batman returns is better but i respect you for your boldness. i too think they are both good but 89 edges it out for the sweet prince soundtrack

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
OK i'm checking superhero movie status in the light of recent developments ITT
Nope, still garbage for idiot babies. Sorry thread :(

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

nothing but WWII documentaries for THIS fella

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
sigh... yes it's here. another stupid superhero movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwlzbpzyFdE

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

There's a lot of young children in this thread who enjoy CG buckets whipping past the screen with lots of bassy sound effects.

Look, the man. He flies. This rules. I'm a movie critic.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I was wondering why that opening joke was so funny.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Ma-dey-ah? Ma-dee-ah, racist cracker!

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Mike's elf ears are very prominent in this episode

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If Mike is an elf then there's still hope that Jay is a fairy.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Dr. Queer

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
A trip to the orient sounds lovely.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i know this opinion makes me a simpleton but i miss when half in the bag had some kind of stupid story. like when the men in the show smashed tv or bottle or shoot other man. why bother sitting in the set and wearing the same clothes and then not doing something funny like scream OH MY GOOOOOD while not not fixing vcr? why?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The 'plot' comes and goes. I'm sure when they have an idea they'll shoot it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man Mike seems bitter and jaded that action movie making has changed since the 70s and 80s

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Mike is so off about everything he said this episode (in regards to the movie industry), if movie producers followed his advice they'd have a flop every single time.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

a bone to pick posted:

Mike is so off about everything he said this episode (in regards to the movie industry), if movie producers followed his advice they'd have a flop every single time.

Good.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

gently caress movies.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Englebert Scoobysnacks is literally doing a Doctor House impression for a performance WTF

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dmitri-9 posted:

Englebert Scoobysnacks is literally doing a Doctor House impression for a performance WTF
I think the Brits can get away with having lovely American accents since those lovely accents are no where near as bad as Dick Van Dyke's cockney accent

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

achillesforever6 posted:

I think the Brits can get away with having lovely American accents since those lovely accents are no where near as bad as Dick Van Dyke's cockney accent

It's not that the accent is bad it's that every british actor playing american growls their lines. Like Dominic West in the Wire, good performance, but he sounds loving bizarre sometimes.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

a bone to pick posted:

nah

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Please god no.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/nov/08/an-american-werewolf-in-london-remake-max-landis

gently caress you Max Landis.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It's going to be good. Looking forward to this new exciting re-make of an already re-made film!

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Max Landis should remake The Twilight Zone instead.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
American Werewolf in Twitter.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I remember noticing how slim everyone is in the original movie. AWWIL would have everyone believing all of London was full of anorexic people.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Wicker Man posted:

I remember noticing how slim everyone is in the original movie. AWWIL would have everyone believing all of London was full of anorexic people.

this might be true in #brexitBritain

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Oh whatever, it can't be worse than An American Werewolf in Paris.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Max Landis should really remake The Stupids.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Max Landis has a case of the stupids.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Max Landis should remake The Twilight Zone instead.

I think you are getting ahead of yourself.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
RLM's refusal to denounce Trump has altered the course of the election

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
we live in the bad timeline

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Drink the pain away.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
*light upbeat piano music*
"Half in the Bag! gently caress movies."
Still shot of Mike drinking ghostbuster vodka while Jay's limp body slides off of the chair, the exit wound barely visible.

Rich enters right. He's wearing the Vader mask but you can tell he's been crying.

You can tell.

Pinch Me Im Meming fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Rich Evans was all "I'm not voting cuz hillary hasn't earned my vote and YOU CANT MAKE ME"

Welp. Now we get to find out about that theory.

• Locked thread