Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
The battery life will be 20 minutes which is how long the average person sits on a toilet before their legs fall asleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Soul Glo posted:

The battery life will be 20 minutes which is how long the average person sits on a toilet before their legs fall asleep

So many numb game boy tetris sessions

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
The switch will be the first home console expressly designed for those who spend inordinate amounts of time lurking on the toilet. People will think you're masturbating in there, but oh no! You're just getting your Nintendo on.

Or maybe both.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
"Are you playing video games in there?"
"No mom! I'm masturbating!"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

"Are you playing video games in there?"
"No mom! I'm masturbating!"

Yipee! Wha! Ha! Whaha!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Real hurthling! posted:

Yipee! Wha! Ha! Whaha!

Concerned mothers and fathers, do you hear these sounds coming from the bathroom when your child is using the facilities?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Fhate posted:

The switch will be the first home console expressly designed for those who spend inordinate amounts of time lurking on the toilet. People will think you're masturbating in there, but oh no! You're just getting your Nintendo on.

Or maybe both.

Nintendo's history of making console accessories continues to be relevant.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I am very excited for the Switch and am most excited to play a Wii U game on it!

Also Mario, I hope both of those games are at launch. C'mon Nintendo, this could be your last console, go buckwild.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Concerned mothers and fathers, do you hear these sounds coming from the bathroom when your child is using the facilities?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=079XqyYyn5w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wZSZG1ubUM

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Cojawfee posted:

Nintendo Switch: "Are you playing video games in there?" "No mom! I'm masturbating!"

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
wepppy seroo&&888%%tt

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So the NES Classic will be impossible to get for a little bit, eh?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Vintersorg posted:

I'm gonna try and buy one this weekend because I'm a huge nerd who will pay for nostalgia. How badly could nintendo botch it?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the controller cords are literally a foot long

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Wrong. 1.5.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

oddium posted:

the controller cords are literally a foot long

Good, then nobody else will want one.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
There are extension cords and wireless controllers for the thing though, so it's not a complete deal breaker.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

The Mini NES is literally the size of a smartphone just set the thing on your couch or giant gut whatever works

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Oh hey actual Switch news.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/11/07/developer-behind-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-says-working-titles-switch/

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

the triforce monhan heroes sequel we need and deserve
bring back p'ink as the 'void triangle' in the middle of the triforce and have 1->4 players by wirelessly connecting two switches or up to 4 online

and then i can beat the entire thing while micromanaging 1-3 doppels in singleplayer because everyone online will be bad at the game again anyways

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Make Ocarina Of Time, Majora's Mask, Windwaker, Twilight Princess, and any zelda that can be played with a controller in HD and I'll buy a switch and all of those.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

I couldn't find any stores that took preorders in the first place, so I don't think it's so much a case of "they sold out instantly!!" as it is a case of "Nintendo didn't give retailers a lot of info".

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/07/capcom-questions-multiplatform-ports-to-nintendo-switch

Uh oh...third party support already starting to make excuses on porting games to the Switch... :(

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Oh no, we might not get Capcom's table scraps

Whatever shall become of Nintendo now?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
As long as they keep Ace Attorney and Monster Hunter coming I could not care less

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Dr Cheeto posted:

As long as they keep Ace Attorney and Monster Hunter coming I could not care less

^^^ I will do basically anything for more Monster Hunter, Capcom. Like, call me :wink:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Ben 10 Galactic Racing HD here we go!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Do they make games besides those? I'm pretty sure they have not made a sale on any game that isn't AA and MH in the last month.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Ben 10 Galactic Racing HD here we go!

Do they make games besides those? I'm pretty sure they have not made a sale on any game that isn't AA and MH in the last month.

There's also Street Fighter, barely. Sony had to finance it.

Resident Evil is still ticking along at a healthy pace, except I don't really give a poo poo. I'll probably watch a VR Let's Play of RE7 out of sheer curiosity.

Dead Rising is still a thing, kinda.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They should make more Dead Rising games that are kind of spin off titles. Chop till you Drop was actually good. A lot of people didn't think so, but I kind of agree with Portscenter on it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

greatn posted:

Chop till you Drop was actually good.

come on now

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The British guy convinced me.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

greatn posted:

They should make more Dead Rising games that are kind of spin off titles. Chop till you Drop was actually good. A lot of people didn't think so, but I kind of agree with Portscenter on it.

Maybe if you are sick of replaying RE4 and hate the real version of DR

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

deadly_pudding posted:

New one is a timed exclusive i think so probably not gonna see it on switch

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

deadly_pudding posted:

There's also Street Fighter, barely. Sony had to finance it.

Resident Evil is still ticking along at a healthy pace, except I don't really give a poo poo. I'll probably watch a VR Let's Play of RE7 out of sheer curiosity.

I have not found evidence suggesting that Street Fighter has existed since the last quarter outside of Capcom using it as a virus.

I'll concede RE and DR, tho.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

InFlames235 posted:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/07/capcom-questions-multiplatform-ports-to-nintendo-switch

Uh oh...third party support already starting to make excuses on porting games to the Switch... :(

This was probably a given, Nintendo dropped out of the specs race long ago. Hopefully this means developing for the Switch is cheaper than on the other platforms, but it still needs to have a large enough user base to make it worth it.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I don't understand who this audience is who want to play hypothetical future PS4-type games on the Switch who don't already have a PS4. People who are too lazy to hit the Input button on their remote and pick up a different controller? I want the Switch for games I'll never* be able to play on my PC/PS4.

*Until someone emulates it in a few years.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Imagined posted:

I don't understand who this audience is who want to play hypothetical future PS4-type games on the Switch who don't already have a PS4.

Hello it is me, the leprechaun. I exist.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The Switch will probably be much easier to emulate than the Wii and Wii U due to the (comparably) simple control scheme. Less time has to be spent worrying just how the heck to get it to work

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I was dead set on getting Dragon Quest XI on PS4 until the Switch reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Rexroom posted:

There are extension cords and wireless controllers for the thing though, so it's not a complete deal breaker.

I've seen stuff written about wireless controllers but as far as I can tell there aren't any actually

• Locked thread