Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Emron posted:

Why would you ever use a primary other than Hemlok, you goddamned heathens.

The hemlock sucked rear end in TF1 but it looks like It's Good Now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Emron posted:

Why would you ever use a primary other than Hemlok, you goddamned heathens.

Because it doesn't feel as satisfying to shoot as the Alternator or Devotion.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

AAB posted:

gang im in need of some hot titan gifv's, stat!

I got you man

http://i.imgur.com/dhGELtj.gifv

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

:discourse: and they say flight core is bad

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Antoine Silvere posted:

:discourse: and they say flight core is bad

Knifegrab is good at making bad stuff look good.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Lasers are fun

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I submit to you my misery for your entertainment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-U4E9LKbYg

I also never even made it back to the bank with that $600

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 7, 2016

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Lol

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Wazzit posted:

Lasers are fun

:perfect:

Dred_furst
Nov 19, 2007

"Hey look, I'm flying a giant dong"
Found this in my footage from yesterday

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Ularg posted:

Can we seriously just limit ourselves to a single PS4 goon network? Why do we need two or more? I've joined them all but I can only have one active at a time. Since no one has been on when I've played I've actually had the Reddit network activated for easy groups.

I created Goonfall and sent a PM about it before the other [GOON] network was in the OP.

It's fine with me to just have one network. No one is really ever on in Goonfall or Something Awful. Is there yet another network that isn't listed?

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Antoine Silvere posted:

If someone can tell me which one has more people in it I'll get rid of the other one in the OP

Goonfall has like 5 people. You can get rid of it and I'll delete the network in-game.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Calm down.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Honestly if I were on the receiving end of this I would be laughing my rear end off. If you want me dead that bad you've earned it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Double Post: Giant Devotion Edition

https://giant.gfycat.com/CoordinatedSolidAmericancrow.webm

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Hello Prawneddawg and C4rib! Sorry for shooting you! In the face!

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Songbearer posted:

Hello Prawneddawg and C4rib! Sorry for shooting you! In the face!

Dickhead

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone else think they really need to get rid of that stupid fuckin little camping nook next to the wall at the upper bank on forward base Kodai? That poo poo is so stupid. There's always some douchebag hanging or there every match.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
What's the deal with factions? Just unlocked Apex Predators. Do they do anything but cosmetic stuff?

Also what should I use my 104 "coins" on?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Granbar posted:

What's the deal with factions? Just unlocked Apex Predators. Do they do anything but cosmetic stuff?

Factions are your announcers, and leveling them gets you banners.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I thought factions were the team you were on? Seems kinda moot leveling one or the other given that you're assigned a team randomly at the start of the match. Or maybe I'm an idiot who's totally misunderstanding things.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Granbar posted:

Factions change what guy/gal is talking your ear off during a match and are just another progression in the game, since levelling them up gives you Advocate Gifts.
As for what to unlock, either a boost for 125 credits (Dice Roll is pretty fun) or wait until you have 225 and get the Low Profile pilot kit since it makes it so the enemy won't be able to hear you, there's a delay to the rodeo notification for enemies and makes it so your jumpjets aren't a massive "shoot here" sign when you are using Cloak.

Of note is that perks/weapons/boosts/etc unlocked with credits stay unlocked when you prestige (called Regeneration) your pilot.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
Thanks guys! Seems like the smart thing to do might be to see what I like using @ level 50 and unlock that with credits so I can use it after regenerating.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

attackmole posted:

I thought factions were the team you were on? Seems kinda moot leveling one or the other given that you're assigned a team randomly at the start of the match. Or maybe I'm an idiot who's totally misunderstanding things.

They are just your announcers. In fact when you are in the drop ship with other players at the start of the round, they may be seeing a different person telling them that life is all about the fight.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Hey you liked my idea about being the guy from monsters Inc

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Guys I am flattered but that is not me in the clip, I just found it on reddit and thought it was a cool robo video!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

attackmole posted:

The one you pick is the one you see, it doesn't affect gameplay. I don't know how it picks who the enemy is.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Emron posted:

Factions are your announcers, and leveling them gets you banners.

So I guess the relevant question here is which ones have the coolest banners?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Knifegrab posted:

Guys I am flattered but that is not me in the clip, I just found it on reddit and thought it was a cool robo video!

Oh then it's totally me I'm a badass

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
So when I prestige, what do I keep? I know the stuff I bought, but anything else? Also do the bought things retain things like level/unlocks/camos?

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

His name is Head. Dick Head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICs-WLl9N1w

Coke robot with suppressed pistol is fun on a bun.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

So when I prestige, what do I keep? I know the stuff I bought, but anything else? Also do the bought things retain things like level/unlocks/camos?

You keep everything but stuff that's locked by pilot level

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've recently realized that the smart pistol is one of the most amazing things in the game. people who think it sucks are using it wrong. I think my average round of bounty hunt has gone up by 5-600 points since I started using it.

:ssh: It's not for pilots

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

veni veni veni posted:

I've recently realized that the smart pistol is one of the most amazing things in the game. people who think it sucks are using it wrong. I think my average round of bounty hunt has gone up by 5-600 points since I started using it.

:ssh: It's not for pilots

Man...I may have to try it. Loved it for farming in the first game.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

You keep the camos you unlocked from pilot level, but everything else is re-locked. Including factions, which is kind of silly. If they're gonna do that then they shouldn't cost 100 credits to unlock.

Also if you got the early Ronin unlock from a Dew or Doritos code than I THINK you still have him, unless I'm misremembering. Unlocking Titans with credits is pretty cheap though, and doesn't take that long via leveling either.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

runchild posted:

You keep the camos you unlocked from pilot level, but everything else is re-locked. Including factions, which is kind of silly. If they're gonna do that then they shouldn't cost 100 credits to unlock.

Also if you got the early Ronin unlock from a Dew or Doritos code than I THINK you still have him, unless I'm misremembering. Unlocking Titans with credits is pretty cheap though, and doesn't take that long via leveling either.

It re-locked the level 10/20/30 etc pilot camos for me :shrug:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Polish Avenger posted:

Man...I may have to try it. Loved it for farming in the first game.

Yeah. It's basically a farming machine. It one shots all of the grunts except reapers I believe. One clip and about 10 seconds should give you a full recharge and the second charge you just earned should be enough to get you a titan in about 5 more seconds. It's also by far the best way to get a piece of the pie when there is multiple titans stomping around a drop zone. it's ridiculously powerful.

I think the people who think it sucks are using it on pilots which it is incredibly unreliable for.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
Glad I picked up this game, was itching for a good single-player experience and the campaign was great fun once it picked up during the factory level. Been slowly wading into the multiplayer. The slower action of the Battlefield games was mostly my thing, and I thought Overwatch was really fast paced and that I would easily adjust to TF2, but it's not even close :negative:

A little disappointed that the first titan loadout you get in the campaign isn't included at all in the multiplayer, I liked it a lot. Also a question: if you grab a battery and then call down your titan, is the battery just wasted or does it give it any extra health? I'm pretty good about giving it to teammates but I die so fast, pilot or titan, I wondered if keeping the battery myself would give me any boost at all.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

runchild posted:

Stuff like camos I got from doing challenges or advocate gifts keep then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

PlushCow posted:

Glad I picked up this game, was itching for a good single-player experience and the campaign was great fun once it picked up during the factory level. Been slowly wading into the multiplayer. The slower action of the Battlefield games was mostly my thing, and I thought Overwatch was really fast paced and that I would easily adjust to TF2, but it's not even close :negative:

A little disappointed that the first titan loadout you get in the campaign isn't included at all in the multiplayer, I liked it a lot. Also a question: if you grab a battery and then call down your titan, is the battery just wasted or does it give it any extra health? I'm pretty good about giving it to teammates but I die so fast, pilot or titan, I wondered if keeping the battery myself would give me any boost at all.

Titans spawn without shield, if you're carrying a battery you'll give your titan a shield :3:

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Stuff like camos I got from doing challenges or advocate gifts keep then?

Yeah, you keep those