Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

GPTribefan posted:

Also... Prince Namor is king? How is he a king if he's a prince??? How is he a prince if he's king??? drat you Spidey Super Stories!!!

Prince Fielder was a designated hitter. (and a first baseman.)

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Not to mention Prince Roger Nelson III, a rock star that went by an unpronouncable symbol for a little while to protest a contract, but was in fact, born with the name Prince.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Choco1980 posted:

Not to mention Prince Roger Nelson III, a rock star that went by an unpronouncable symbol for a little while to protest a contract, but was in fact, born with the name Prince.

What? You can't pronounce Ƭ̵̬̊?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

WickedHate posted:

What? You can't pronounce Ƭ̵̬̊?

People keep getting tripped over the silent əþ

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Jerusalem posted:

The artist redrew all four of those panels instead of copy-pasting :swoon:

You can actually see Tasky looking around for a bit, it's awesome.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Prince is Namors first name not a title. That's why it's King Prince Namor.

Clawtopsy posted:

I forget where it's from, but Taskmaster gets a job at AIM training grunts. Unfortunately, there's a mixup and he gets a group of scientists instead of soldiers.

He trains them anyway.

They all die.

What book is this? IS this recent?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

What book is this? IS this recent?

It's Secret Avengers volume 2 by Nick Spencer and it's pretty mediocre.

And no, it's not recent.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 7, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That'll explain why it had an artist who actually took the time to redraw insetad of C&P, then. :allears:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I think it was 2013 or 2014. Taskmaster is always great. I want more Taskmaster.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

That's supposed to be mask, right, Taskmaster doesn't actually have a skull-head? I am glad that most people just draw it like he has a skullhead, it animates and expresses way better than if they tried to make it look like some kind of mask.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

There's one guy who draws him like a megaman boss and I think it works well.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ashcans posted:

That's supposed to be mask, right, Taskmaster doesn't actually have a skull-head? I am glad that most people just draw it like he has a skullhead, it animates and expresses way better than if they tried to make it look like some kind of mask.

Yeah, it's just a mask. Underneath, he has the most unremarkable appearance.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Gavok posted:

Yeah, it's just a mask. Underneath, he has the most unremarkable appearance.

Except for when he's been watching makeup tutorials.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I really upset that the current run on Deadpool went out of its way to burn and bury his bromance with Taskmaster.
Them trying to work together was always the most wonderful thing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I enjoyed that, even when they were playing up Taskmaster's misguided amnesia gimmick, he still never forgot Deadpool.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Taskmaster is the best.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
... Is that Lady Stilt-Man?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
He was pretty great in the first arc of Civil War-era Moon Knight, too:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Not gonna lie, I'd watch a Taskmaster movie/series. In a heartbeat.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

what even was the last time taskmaster showed up?
last i saw him was in deadpool & the mercs for money miniseries for a tiny bit.
i'm so glad that the ongoing series exists. it's everything i want out of deadpool (...besides taskmaster/deadpool frenemy funtimes)
anyhow, speaking of which:

deadpool and the mercs for money 05:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Taskmaster and Bullseye should have a series where they fight over who is Deadpool's best friend.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Choco1980 posted:

I'm kinda sad that in Spider Man Unlimited he's basically just a ripoff of the Teen Titans cartoon version of Deathstroke.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Elfface posted:

It's pretty good at background jokes too.

Plato's Cave is my favourite.

Late to this one but please tell me Homo Erectus is a gay bar

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SomeJazzyRat posted:

... Is that Lady Stilt-Man?
Yes. Yes it is.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Choco1980 posted:

This summer...

Get ready....

To root for the bad guy

(action montage set to, poo poo, I dunno, this track)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKsL90gkbNY&t=64s

Netflix Presents: Taskmaster

Summer 2018.

#BetterThanTheRealThing

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Fereydun posted:

what even was the last time taskmaster showed up?
last i saw him was in deadpool & the mercs for money miniseries for a tiny bit.

Aside from that, I'm pretty sure his last appearance was that "not the face, please" bit in Deadpool's comic.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

Late to this one but please tell me Homo Erectus is a gay bar

I have good news for you.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Choco1980 posted:

What corner of the MCU would he even be at his best in? I feel like all the casts his concept would work best with are too stone-faced for him (Captain America, Daredevil), while the characters he'd suit tonally are too high-powered for him (Iron Man, maybe Ant-Man).

I suppose if we stretch to the non-Disney-owned Marvel-property movies there's Deadpool and Spider-Man.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Cleretic posted:

What corner of the MCU would he even be at his best in? I feel like all the casts his concept would work best with are too stone-faced for him (Captain America, Daredevil), while the characters he'd suit tonally are too high-powered for him (Iron Man, maybe Ant-Man).

I suppose if we stretch to the non-Disney-owned Marvel-property movies there's Deadpool and Spider-Man.
He'd probably work best in a TV offering with some tonally appropriate B and C listers showing up. Agents of SHIELD? I haven't watched that so I dunno what its tone is.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

He would work in Agents, but it's also not very well written and can't afford costumes.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Cleretic posted:

wow, rude.

taskmaster is ant-man's arch-enemy!

Fereydun posted:

taskmaster status: alive, still an rear end in a top hat

also he'd be best in a deadpool movie.
a deadpool buddy cop/heist movie

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Nov 8, 2016

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Fereydun posted:

wow, rude.

taskmaster is ant-man's arch-enemy!

Okay, nevermind, we have our winner.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Cleretic posted:

Okay, nevermind, we have our winner.

nah, it's deadpool/task buddy heist movie and i won't take no for an answer because at this point i've pretty much posted a majority of the dp/task bits from these issues in this thread

deadpool #9 (2009)

deadpool #57 (2012)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Woebin posted:

He'd probably work best in a TV offering with some tonally appropriate B and C listers showing up. Agents of SHIELD? I haven't watched that so I dunno what its tone is.

Its tone is "bad" so that wouldn't be a good fit at all.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Endless Mike posted:

Its tone is "bad" so that wouldn't be a good fit at all.

Did you stop watching halfway into season 1 and never look back?

Anyway, the current (and likely last) season of AoS seem to be focused on the supernatural side of the MCU (and LMDs), so too late for Taskmasker to pop up there.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cleretic posted:

He's supposed to be an Avengers villain. His costume and main weapons are a combination of imitations of Avengers like Cap, Hawkeye, Black Knight.

At his power level though he couldn't be the main bad guy in an Avengers film but he could be a part. I disagree that he wouldn't work in a Captain America film but only because I would expect Taskmaster to be a villain for the whole crew, not just Cap by himself. Taskmaster works best in a fist fight because you need to show him mimicking fight styles and having him go toe-to-toe with Cap, Bucky, Widow, Falcon, Hawkeye, etc. all at the same time would be cool. There's even some ready-made humour in having him imitate Widow's style.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I've been saying for years that Taskmaster would be a great recurring minor villain for the MCU. It'd be cool to see him show up for cameos in various movies. I honestly thought that's where they were going to go with Crossbones.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

While a Deadpool/Taskmaster movie would be fun, Task isn't a mutant and so Fox would need to cut a new deal with Disney to get him... and the last thing Fox wants to do is go to the negotiating table with Disney.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Fereydun posted:

deadpool #57 (2012)

I think whoever drew this should be drawing a Venture Brothers comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I do think Taskie showing up in the next Deadpool film as a sidekick/partner type character would be great. As they're already breaking the fourth wall left and right, they could have him still imitating other company held characters without explicitly naming them. Like have him use his shield and one of them say something like he learned it from watching that Chris Evans guy, stuff like that.