Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I remember when Z8 was hard. Now I sleepwalk through Arena. It's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, the new way to get a +297 ZeusDra is to find the proper token in PADRadar. RIP US.

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
Speaking Arena, I've never run it and I'm at like 750 days played. I should probably do that sometime?

Is there anything I should know about it, that I might overlook from just looking it up on PadGuide? I've got a maxed plussed inherited etc Xieng Mei team, and nearly maxed out Gremory and AceCat teams, as well as any number of other popular leaders (Myr, Satasvati, Pandora, DQAQ, Roah, I&I, Sakuya, ARa, I've been playing 750 days...) whom I could conceivable have up and running within a few week. Are there specific inherits I should bring, or gimmicks to watch out for? Is there a good guide I should read? I don't want to play multiplayer because I'm lazy!

Vlaada Chvatil fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 7, 2016

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I'm at 1100 days in and I've never beaten Arena 1. Hurray for being terrible!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

Speaking Arena, I've never run it and I'm at like 750 days played. I should probably do that sometime?

Is there anything I should know about it, that I might overlook from just looking it up on PadGuide? I've got a maxed plussed inherited etc Xieng Mei team, and nearly maxed out Gremory and AceCat teams, as well as any number of other popular leaders (Satasvati, Pandora, DQAQ, ARa) whom I could conceivable have up and running within a few week. Are there specific inherits I should bring, or gimmicks to watch out for? Is there a good guide I should read? I don't want to play multiplayer because I'm lazy!

With a XM team there are only 2 things you require. 1) A way to deal with Beelz field of poison and 2) A way to insure you can do 25m damage or so to deal with the Kalis.

That's it. XM doesn't care about Hera and other common obstacles. An inherited delay and a way to deal with binds is always good tho. She's boring as hell to play but really consistent.

Just play and be careful of the following tricky monsters: Sopdet, Kagu, Parvati. They are actually not a problem for XM but you have to deal with their gimmicks properly. .

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
what happens when parvati's damage shield runs out

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice

Zoness posted:

Hahaha at Parvati's resolve effect. Create 10 heal or jammer and then nothing...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zoness posted:

The game throws a pop up your way shaming your for your bad puzzling.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

Hahaha at Parvati's resolve effect. Create 10 heal or jammer and then nothing...

well that's not trivial if you don't have actives up and you're up against grisar next

but most arena teams now can easily stall on parvati that's not really a problem

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The game throws a pop up your way shaming your for your bad puzzling.

I got her down to 30 turns once because I kept getting skyfall matches when playing myr

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zoness posted:

well that's not trivial if you don't have actives up and you're up against grisar next

but most arena teams now can easily stall on parvati that's not really a problem

I got her down to 30 turns once because I kept getting skyfall matches when playing myr

I usually use her to charge up all my actives and inherits then proceed to try to do a 3 light cross and nothing else match then fumble when some freak sky fall heals her every other turn.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

change my name posted:

I'm at 1100 days in and I've never beaten Arena 1. Hurray for being terrible!

Sup bad at PAD buddy. I'll be there in about a month and I've never tried Arena 1.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I usually use her to charge up all my actives and inherits then proceed to try to do a 3 light cross and nothing else match then fumble when some freak sky fall heals her every other turn.

i don't really need to charge actives on her unless I got sopdet on floor 13 but I usually get everything charged anyway, because skyfalls

but yeah one match + cross is all i'm trying to do to kill her in two shots

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
Solo challenge adventures:
C10: ez for ronove.
C9: Nice to get to experience shroots and the playstyle is fun but man that team was a giant pain to work with.

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug
Are we still posting our 6* GFE lists? No? Well I'm going to post mine now anyway:

Regular REM 6*:
4 Blodin
3 Skuld
3 Ilm
2 Blonia
2 Kanna
2 DKali
2 Rodin
1 Scheat
1 Kaede
1 Sylvie
1 DMeta
1 Eschamali
1 Gremory

Assorted Collab 6*:
5 Mini Rodin
1 Mini Ronia
1 Athena Another

1 New Year Leilan
1 New Year Ra

1 Beach Eschamali
1 Beach Myr
1 Beach Metatron
5 Beach Urd
4 Beach Lakshmi
3 Beach Meimei
2 Beach Claire
2 Beach Pandora

3 SS Isis
1 Blue Sakuya
1 GKali
1 Grathena
1 LLuci

2 Wedding Gadius
3 Wedding Satsuki
3 Wedding Bastet

2 Xmas Sakuya
1 Xmas Genie

5 Sephiroth
5 Cloud
3 Yuna
2 Lightning
2 Cecil

3 Ichigo

1 Halloween Karin

Zeta fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 7, 2016

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
3 Typhon
1 Gremory
1 Kaede
1 SRoots
4 Skuld
1 Baldin
2 Eschamali
2 Gonia
3 Bonia
1 Scheat
2 Sylvie
2 Ryune
2 Rodin
1 DKali
3 Ilm
2 Bodin
5 DMeta

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zeta posted:

Are we still posting our 6* GFE lists? No? Well I'm going to post mine now anyway:

1 Kaede
1 Eschamali

You whale powahs are much weaker than expected. You still have much to learn.

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug

trucutru posted:

You whale powahs are much weaker than expected. You still have much to learn.

Yeah, my US account hasn't been very lucky rolling 6* GFEs, especially Kaede.

My JP account on the other hand...

I need to stop wasting so many rolls on collab junk.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Arena 1 is ridiculously easy with Ronove just fyi to anyone who wants to try it but isn't sure about their ability. Like yeah you can get screwed by Kagu or the like but any team will get hosed by him.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I get that not everyone's 100% on the myr train but what is this even

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

padijun posted:

Loving that Meta.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Ooooo update to rotate evo mats tomorrow, hopefully that means krishna's ult evo will get pushed as well? It's been ~60 days since JP release, which seems about the norm :waycool:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
what was his skill level on his myr

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Zoness posted:

what was his skill level on his myr

less than mine, which is 6

I guess I don't get much room to poo poo talk randos until I take care of that huh?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, a whale did a comprehensive study of the JP Heroine REM with the special tools that whales have.

It seems like the drop rates aare the following: Illumina has a 1.5~2% chance or so to drop, the 6* are way more common, you have 25% chances of so of rolling one of them (So 5% chance at getting redschamali) and the rest is for the gimmicky crap.

791 rolls, 13 top-waifus, 19 million MP, plenty of skill-up fodder.

https://twitter.com/ryoga8896/status/795626013489172480

And here is another dude doing 100 rolls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZYW7pCqa7Y

Gets like 4 redschamalis in the first dozen rolls. But doesn't get the Illu

trucutru fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 8, 2016

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Okay seriously does everybody in Japan mega-whale? Are stones cheaper to obtain or something? Because these Japanese "one billion rolls of the rem" videos are fuckin' everywhere and how is it that, as far as I can tell, total nobodies are able to spend in the neighborhood of five or six thousand dollars a month? Like it'd be one thing if it was just one dude making these videos but there's a whole bunch of them.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Okay seriously does everybody in Japan mega-whale? Are stones cheaper to obtain or something? Because these Japanese "one billion rolls of the rem" videos are fuckin' everywhere and how is it that, as far as I can tell, total nobodies are able to spend in the neighborhood of five or six thousand dollars a month? Like it'd be one thing if it was just one dude making these videos but there's a whole bunch of them.

Dude, theirs is the culture where people buy hundreds of copies of a CD to support their favorite 3D-waifus, while they enjoy some instant ramen at their badly insulated apartment. We're talking bigger than star-citizen levels of setting money on fire... but they do get something in return, I guess.

The stones are cheaper tho, but not by much.

My completely out of my rear end guess is that pad whales are about a hundred times more common in JP. The US only has around a dozen or so (that post at reddit, and let's be frank, they probably all post on reddit), and not a single one could compete with a second-rate Japanese whale.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 8, 2016

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

padijun posted:

clearly someone who is used to running dungeons with little to no preemptives

dungeons like monday legend

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

trucutru posted:

Dude, theirs is the culture where people buy hundreds of copies of a CD to support their favorite 3D-waifus, while they enjoy some instant ramen at their badly insulated apartment. We're talking bigger than star-citizen levels of setting money on fire... but they do get something in return, I guess.

The stones are cheaper tho, but not by much.

My completely out of my rear end guess is that pad whales are about a hundred times more common in JP. The US only has around a dozen or so (that post at reddit, and let's be frank, they probably all post on reddit), and not a single one could compete with a second-rate Japanese whale.

You're taking as a percentage of the player base right? 100 times might be pretty close. Even our biggest NA whales in this thread would barely clock in as a "regular IAPer" on jp.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zo posted:

You're taking as a percentage of the player base right? 100 times might be pretty close. Even our biggest NA whales in this thread would barely clock in as a "regular IAPer" on jp.

Yeah, as a percentage. There are just so many outrageous whales.

I mean, the biggest US whales tend to buy just enough packs to roll their waifu of choice and then they stop. The biggest JP ones seem to work on the basis of "well, lets do 500 rolls and see what happens"

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 8, 2016

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

trucutru posted:

So, a whale did a comprehensive study of the JP Heroine REM with the special tools that whales have.

Special tools, eh?

:retrogames::retrogames::retrogames::retrogames:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

maou shoujo posted:

clearly someone who is used to running dungeons with little to no preemptives

dungeons like monday legend

Sound logic I guess

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i really need a rainbow lead of my own to practice more rainbows

isndl and i oneshot c9 but most of our killshots were skillfalls :confuoot:

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Zoness posted:

i really need a rainbow lead of my own to practice more rainbows

isndl and i oneshot c9 but most of our killshots were skillfalls :confuoot:

The ALB curse. :downsgun:

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Guess I shouldn't have downgraded my Horus for the Ace version, the Revo is now a 100x attack, 4x RCV leader...

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I hope serket gets a super ult that references Reincarnated Horus.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

change my name posted:

Guess I shouldn't have downgraded my Horus for the Ace version, the Revo is now a 100x attack, 4x RCV leader...

The best thing about the new Horus is that he has the proper colors to be in a Ronove team if you're missing the Rozuel. I mean, he is not a bad leader or something like that but this was the time to make the bird fly again and continuing to tie his damage to skill-use is not going to do that.

Great stats, great awakenings, double dongs, rare color combination, fast skill. I name you sub-Horus.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 8, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
now i need a fourth horus so i can make horus ace, R/L Horus, awoken horus, and revo horus

although horus ace isn't really seeing much use

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

trucutru posted:

The best thing about the new Horus is that he has the proper colors to be in a Ronove team if you're missing the Rozuel. I mean, he is not a bad leader or something like that but this was the time to make the bird fly again and continuing to tie his damage to skill-use is not going to do that.

Great stats, great awakenings, double dongs, rare color combination, fast skill. I name you sub-Horus.

Eh, I don't see it as such a big deal due to how low his cooldowns are. He's going to hit much harder than Sherias, the only other rainbow lead I have right now anyways.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Disappointed the rando pull buff for spooky Izanami didn't come with a stat boost but still looks neat as an inheritance base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

change my name posted:

Eh, I don't see it as such a big deal due to how low his cooldowns are. He's going to hit much harder than Sherias, the only other rainbow lead I have right now anyways.

Well, sure, but the point is that he's nothing special (after the boost to Minerva & Co I was expecting more of the revos). GungHo seems to like the bird, there is new year bird, ace bird, waifu-of-the-bird, etc. But for whatever reason (it's because everybody already has one) they have never tried to make him a great leader once more.

E: And lol at 5-rows Sanada.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 8, 2016

• Locked thread