Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I loved this reaction to the giant Tardigrades in episode 33 "Oh, uh-huh? I don't like that." I love Adventure Zone so much and wish I would never run out of episodes Now I have two of my friends listening to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Democratic Pirate posted:

Which will never happen in the main story unless it's a goof or clear that nothing bad will happen from it

Wonder what Griffin's plan was if one of them just said gently caress it and took the Temporal Chalice

Kinda thought Justin would go for it

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Deport The Irish posted:

Hell, I mostly like TAZ because it's barely a D&D podcast. If they ditched the what little attention they still pay to the rules and just became Hello From the Magic Tavern 2, I'd be completely behind that decision.
TAZ is good for the same reason MBMBAM is good; the McElroys are some of the only good improv comedians out there. A really large part of that is their sibling bond allows them to openly reject the "yes and" rule of improv while still maintaining momentum and structure to their goofs. D&D is a system that's relevant to them only when it's helpful for structuring their improv in the most enjoyable way, eg the rulebook and Griffin are gatekeepers for story structure, the dice are an obstruction that forces everyone to creative workarounds to their main vision for the story.

The bonus episode was so so good, and I'm wondering if they didn't cheat just a little bit to make it resolve in such a satisfying way (Griffin almost certainly told Clint that he should cast Zone of Truth at an ostensibly awful but actually perfect time in the finale.)

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Wonder what Griffin's plan was if one of them just said gently caress it and took the Temporal Chalice

If I had to guess, he'd let Justin play through a fast forwarded version of his new "perfect life" while doing will saves to keep it together, while the Dos Horny Boys outside the bubble try to snap him out of it.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I really thought Travis might, in just a brief moment of weakness. Wondering if Griffin was actually a little bummed that no one took it. I'm sure he had SOME sort of plan for that situation.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
One thing's for sure: Griffin was NOT prepared for Justin's masterstroke in the most recent trip to Fantasy Costco.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

showbiz_liz posted:

I really thought Travis might, in just a brief moment of weakness. Wondering if Griffin was actually a little bummed that no one took it. I'm sure he had SOME sort of plan for that situation.
Same.

I can't decide whether Griffin's portrayal of the Chalice's avatar as being disappointed that no one took the offer/everyone could rationalize their past actions says that a) that he was at least somewhat disappointed that no one took it, or b) he's actually a decent "actor".

I mean, it's a classic GM impulse, when you feel like your players are somewhat metagaming and/or avoiding your temporal puzzles.

Either way, regardless of how it makes for Good Tabletop, the way it ended up was Good Podcast.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Did anyone catch claire de lune being played in the fifth ep of Westworld? That song is indelibly marked by car boys now.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Did anyone catch claire de lune being played in the fifth ep of Westworld? That song is indelibly marked by car boys now.

I love it when Nick says something like, "Let's see what happens" and Claire de Lune starts playing cause its like oh poo poo, you know something amazing is about to happen :allears:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Busto is at the end of the maze

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

purple death ray posted:

I love it when Nick says something like, "Let's see what happens" and Claire de Lune starts playing cause its like oh poo poo, you know something amazing is about to happen :allears:

Yeah they really nailed that Pavlovian queue, good production values

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Chalice what-if chat: I speculate that Griffin would have taken everyone through slow-motion versions of other catastrophes that the boys managed to prevent, ultimately giving them the chance to take the chalice from one player or to course correct together.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Or the goddess of Fate could have cut the chalice-taker's strand and put him in his own tapestry

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

PostNouveau posted:

Busto is at the end of the maze

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
We're doin' this

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

It's been a few days and I'm still laughing at Rose Buddies description of the guy who "looks like he uploads Youtube tutorials about cunnilingus".

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

showbiz_liz posted:

We're doin' this

I thought, well I'll just pop in real quick to figure out the controls. Looked at the clock and it was an hour and a half later, and all I did was drive around gridmap. This game DOES rule.

Also this happened

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

showbiz_liz posted:

I thought, well I'll just pop in real quick to figure out the controls. Looked at the clock and it was an hour and a half later, and all I did was drive around gridmap. This game DOES rule.

Also this happened

Meet sexy, horny cars in your area TONIGHT!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ImPureAwesome posted:

Yeah I also wish they'd fudge less, it robs the story of all tension. Even Goku sometimes loses to make the story more hype

He actually lost and ate poo poo all the time.

One could even argue vegeta has a superior track record.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Stairmaster posted:

The general DBZ formula was that goku would either be missing, dead or get his rear end kicked so everyone else could get their rear end kicked and he could revive, show up, or heal just in time for a power up and kill the bad guy.

Anyway I think my single favorite adventure time moment so far has been eating the philosopher stone. Though the arc after it is shaping up to be pretty fun. Then again, I'm a weirdo who actually kind of prefers the between-arc moon episodes most of all. This has been a good podcast.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Stairmaster posted:

Vegeta once blew up an entire planet and its moon without a bit of effort, Frieza couldn't even do that right when it mattered the most.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Buckets posted:

Vegeta once blew up an entire planet and its moon without a bit of effort, Frieza couldn't even do that right when it mattered the most.

Look, in the heat of the moment, we all occasionally fail to measure up. Don't be rude.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

my only hope is that Busto makes a cameo in TAZ in some way in a twisted crossover.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I'm a huge carboys fan but kinda wish they'd lean into the busto stuff a little less

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

well why not posted:

I'm a huge carboys fan but kinda wish they'd lean into the busto stuff a little less

:agreed: for a while the show was in severe danger of turning into The Busto Show Occasionally Featuring Cars

I think Nick has a pretty good read on the situation and he's done a good job steering it away from just 24/7 Busto the last few weeks. I don't mind if he pops up occasionally, especially if they manage to get some other humanoids in the game to play with from time to time. Isn't Busto a user-created mod anyway?

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

The latest episode was wonderful, but I'm a little disappointed they didn't make a train of cars drive into a gauntlet of sledgehammers.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

This coolgamesinc features Nick teaching Garfield the Deals Warlock to drive.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Mae posted:

This coolgamesinc features Mike/Daniel/Micah teaching Garfield the Deals Warlock to drive.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

I actually cross-stitched this for a friend who's a fan of the show. It looks awesome on the wall lemme tell you.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

purple death ray posted:

:agreed: for a while the show was in severe danger of turning into The Busto Show Occasionally Featuring Cars

I think Nick has a pretty good read on the situation and he's done a good job steering it away from just 24/7 Busto the last few weeks. I don't mind if he pops up occasionally, especially if they manage to get some other humanoids in the game to play with from time to time. Isn't Busto a user-created mod anyway?

Pretty much everything aside from the 'boring' van, pigeon, truck and semi is a downloaded element, I think. The quality of items seems to really range.

I do wonder if the creators of beamng.drive have seen the show. I'm guessing they're somewhere in eastern europe, but the humour probably still translates.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4XgFZiUEEg

les enfants Terrific! fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 7, 2016

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/795691254885453824

Any ideas as to what this might be?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

griffin is branching out to the lift and carry fetishists

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/marinscos/status/795753224120713216

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Isn't TrumpTV also launching tomorrow? :tinfoil:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/795774608645492738

Griffin is going off on Animal Crossing prostrats.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/795774608645492738

Griffin is going off on Animal Crossing prostrats.

I feel that pain

doos
Jan 1, 2015

They gonna play Mario RPG or something?

Babylonian
Jan 18, 2008
its time for some
sad
dad
posting
I'll give you a hint: it involves one of the top 10 best selling games of the past 5 years. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Babylonian posted:

I'll give you a hint: it involves one of the top 10 best selling games of the past 5 years. :3:

Call Of Duty: Any Of Them?