Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I've never enjoyed PVP in any DS game. BB was passable.

What was wrong with PVP in DS3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
SMH if you don't just pick the outfit you think looks the best and get better at the game to justify wearing it over "Superior" alternatives.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Bad Seafood posted:

SMH if you don't just pick the outfit you think looks the best and get better at the game to justify wearing it over "Superior" alternatives.

This is the big reason I miss being able it upgrade armor. In DS2 (which was my most-played before BB) I would upgrade cosmetic armors so they were actually comparible to non-upgraded utility armors.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fashion is the most important part of any game.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Snak posted:

This is the big reason I miss being able it upgrade armor. In DS2 (which was my most-played before BB) I would upgrade cosmetic armors so they were actually comparible to non-upgraded utility armors.

BB handles it the best though, where armor stats hardly matter except for a couple specific spots

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Snak posted:

I've never enjoyed PVP in any DS game. BB was passable.

What was wrong with PVP in DS3?

The meta quickly coalesced into parry > one shot with ugw + hornet ring. In addition, invading with a red eye heavily favored you getting hosts that had phantoms in their world already, and they could still summon phantoms after getting invaded. Estus was much faster and no poise meant heavy armor was useless. Also location covenants literally didn't work.
Granted they may have fixed these problems but that was the experience for a month past launch.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Shindragon posted:

You are all dead to me.

gently caress you all.

*runs off crying*

Bunch of a Dark soul 2 hating asses

It's still something I have over 100 hours in, don't despair. :unsmith:

DS2 is good, but it's totally the odd man out.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

quote:

Both have simultaneously inappropriately sexual but also adoring and loving obsessions with men named jon

Me too but it's JonTron

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

My mom is a pretty big expert in the supernatural smut community and she says chuck tingle isn't one person

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

We are all Chuck Tingle.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Mordja posted:

Hey Games, we should have a screenshot thread again, imo. I won`t make it though, I`m more of an Ideas Guy.
Done: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796985

Enjoy and post your screenshots.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Trackmania VR patch is tomorrow and I can't loving wait

Gonna play and listen to election coverage at the same time until the whole apartment is covered in vomit

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Request thread title change to Games Screenshot thread : post your framerate

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

7 fps but I can get it up to 12 if i disable shadows.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

am I a bad person if I don't really care about 60fps

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I wish I'd saved the interview with Taro Yoko where the guys at Platinum told him they could have Nier: Automata running at 60 FPS and he said, "Actually what if we had a boss who deliberately tanked the framerate as one of his moves."

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

You're basically hitler

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Bad Seafood posted:

I wish I'd saved the interview with Taro Yoko where the guys at Platinum told him they could have Nier: Automata running at 60 FPS and he said, "Actually what if we had a boss who deliberately tanked the framerate as one of his moves."

Holy poo poo.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Yoko Taro is going to save video games

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Bad Seafood posted:

Like for dramatic effect? That would be great. Like when you defeat a boss and it kicks it into slo-mo so you can savor it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

more like spawning so many bullets that they game starts crawling during the actual fight.

yoko doesn't gently caress around

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Only the shittiest slomo is low framerate, though. Quadruple framing has it's uses in film, but...

A boss that tanks the framerate would be okay as long as it was still a steady and constant framerate. Like rock-steady 15 fps.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Ah, just like classic gaming. Too many effects/sprites on screen.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Help Im Alive posted:

Might as well change your name to, "Help I'm Blind"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Erata posted:

Like for dramatic effect? That would be great. Like when you defeat a boss and it kicks it into slo-mo so you can savor it.
Knowing Taro Yoko, more like part of the challenge of avoiding it.

Snak posted:

A boss that tanks the framerate would be okay as long as it was still a steady and constant framerate. Like rock-steady 15 fps.
You and I both know he'd never be satisfied with this.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Help Im Alive posted:

No. I don't care either for what it's worth.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

As long as it stays above 60 or is a rock solid 30fps I don't care.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I notice it for shooters and if I was playing a lower framerate game just before a 60 fps game, but otherwise eh.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Help Im Alive posted:

Depends a lot on the kind of game you play really.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Grapplejack posted:

As long as it stays above 60 or is a rock solid 30fps I don't care.

Pretty much this. If it can stay at a solid frame rate. Fine with me. It only sucks when it staggers.

Much as I love Bloodborne, the frame rate tanks when you do co op in certain areas.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I bought a ps4 for Bloodborne, I'm not getting a pro because there's not pro patch for Bloodborne.

I'm also still mad that we never got ds1 on ps4, because xbone got ds1...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

tap my mountain posted:

I still don't like Dark Souls 2, it has so many lame bosses especially compared to 3. The PvP covenants were cool, but I'm much more invested in the boss battles and the only ones I liked were the skeletal chariot and the two rat bosses.

E: I never played the dlc tho, maybe that's where all the good bosses are hidden

Fume Knight, Alonne, Elena, Sinh, and the Ivory King are all really really good

However each DLC also has a co-op focused area, and the bosses of those areas are all pretty lazy. You've got a three-on-one pvp fight (unless you summon), Smelter Demon again but blue (I like Smelter tho so I dug this fight), and the ice tiger midboss again except now there are two

But anyway Dark Souls 2 is the best because it has the best punching weapons

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Snak posted:

I bought a ps4 for Bloodborne, I'm not getting a pro because there's not pro patch for Bloodborne.

I'm also still mad that we never got ds1 on ps4, because xbone got ds1...
I'm still holding out for a Demon's Souls remaster (with slightly more generous drop rates, please).

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
There is no way they are better than ds3's punching weapons.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

From is done doing medieval stuff and I'm glad. I hope whatever they got cooking for the Switch has giant robots

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

tap my mountain posted:

From is done doing medieval stuff and I'm glad. I hope whatever they got cooking for the Switch has giant robots
From also lies a lot about what they're done doing

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Snak posted:

There is no way they are better than ds3's punching weapons.

The DS2 caestus moveset, plus the bone fist, are a thousand times better than DS3's garbage punching movesets.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I miss From Software's other games. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Am I crazy or did the new Steam store update just make it look more like it did in 2006

• Locked thread