Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

FireWorksWell posted:

Just figured I'd ask a couple questions to get the thread talking.

1. When did you start playing Future Fight?

2. Who were your first five 6-stars?

3. Who was your first Tier-2 upgrade, and how many T2 characters do you have, excluding Strange and Black Order?

4. What was your favorite patch?

5. What's one change you're grateful for, and one feature you might miss?

LMAO

1. Late spring 2015

2. Black Widow, Captain America, Iron Man

3. Iron Fist. I have 7 now

4. The latest one, duh

5. I miss old Special stages. They should've added the New Avengers as a third option, retaining Guardians of the Galaxy and Pymverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Greywords posted:

5. I could cheese this half and say "Destroyer Rift". Would missing when they abolished 1-3* Battleworld count? I hate that it's back. Otherwise, I miss having your active team on the main screen instead of all the new chars.

I never actually hear anything about Destroyer aside from its lack of genitals and morality. And to be honest I really liked 1-3* battleworld and I had teams set up solely for it, but that went to poo poo after they stopped hosting those battleworlds. And then they're back.

I forgot entirely that the home screen showed your team. loving Amadeus Cho...

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.
Destroyer has its uses, though mostly I'm interested to see what they do for its T2.

And I mean, to be fair, when I had a team that could do them, pre-T2s, 1-3* was fine. But now with next to no eligible chars, and people holding onto 3* Thanos and Strange, it just feels terrible.

I agree. loving Cho.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

What does Destroyer have going for him? I got him unlocked and haven't touched him on purpose since then.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Its 6* makes it reflect energy damage, up to 150% of its atk value. Makes it fun to try to use against Proxima or Super Giant. Also makes it interesting in Battleworld, actually had someone's Destroyer roll my usual crew because Energy damage is so plentiful.

Really though, it's a gimmick that can be used, but it is still probably easier to use someone else. Its T2 might change that, though.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

FireWorksWell posted:

3. Who was your first Tier-2 upgrade, and how many T2 characters do you have, excluding Strange and Black Order?

______________________________-

1. Whenever SUN GOD told us to join. November/December 2015?

2. I think it was something like: she hulk, daredevil, punisher, loki, silk

3. Malekith. Got 8 t2s and can't decide who to use my next one on. Maybe continue my string of bad decisions and use it on Sif?

4. Tony starks soul patch

5. I'm grateful for somewhat more streamlined inventory mgmt. Could be better still, too much clicking when upgrading poo poo. I would definitely miss the amazing Marble Hebrons the most out of anything in this game, best goon alliance of any game, ever. It's like a marvel heroes all star team. And no dp!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

FireWorksWell posted:

What does Destroyer have going for him? I got him unlocked and haven't touched him on purpose since then.

His reflect will make almost any energy character kill themselves when attacking him, it's pretty funny. He only really has enough health to do it once though.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

FireWorksWell posted:

1. January 2016 maybe? Right before the patch that added Silk at least.

2. Black Widow, Captain America, Iron Man, Silk, Nico (in other words; started whaling pretty fast)

3. Black Widow, and 17 (Ghost Rider, Ant-Man, Gwenpool, BW, Throot, Giant-Man, YJ, Silk, IF, Agent 13, Elsa, Carnage, MK, Hyperion, Sharon, Songbird, Shang Chi).

4. The one that made it easier to level your chars gear.

5. a) See 4. b) Not sure what feature I might miss. Maybe back when the shame level only went to 15 so I didn't have an incentive to use more money?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

1. When did you start playing Future Fight? I downloaded it when it came out, thought meh and forgot about it. Then as Mr 69 mentioned, I started playing for fun and religiously when Marvel Heroes started making me angry and decided to bring all my fave MH people with me. So now I'm addicted and love the game. The community helps tremendously and the fact that Netmarbu actually is competent.

2. Who were your first five 6-stars? Iron Man was #1 and I loved him. He is a fave of mine from the comics. I did War Machine next, Lucas PENELOPE CAGE, Blade and Yellow Jacket. Because his name has yellow in it. Then I learned he rocks. He was so top tier.

3. Who was your first Tier-2 upgrade, and how many T2 characters do you have, excluding Strange and Black Order? Ant-Man. Got mesmerized by that high dodge. What's funny is I hate Ant-Man in the Marvel Universe. But he rocks for me in game still. I use him daily for all my WB clears and in Timeline on my main team. I have 13 T2 characters and 2 fully maxed BO: Prox and Ebonezer Scrooge.

4. What was your favorite patch? Auto co-op patch was incredible for me. Runner up was when they changed log-in rewards to have the free T2 gift. There was this lull of mediocrity about 4-5 months ago and I want to say the last 4 patches have been godly. I am beyond pumped each month for new patches. Asgard patch coming this month? I'm over the moon babay!!

5. What's one change you're grateful for, and one feature you might miss? As mentioned, the free T2 ticket in login has been so incredible. I think whatever patch it was I mentioned Mr 69 and said it's time to return (did the same to bunny), that patch ruled. They were reluctant at first, then came back and now they're feeling the greatness. Felt good to be right for once. Believe all my truths.

I would miss our community for sure. Really that simple. And it may sound crazy but those of you all who have known me forever know I love a good grind and am enjoying trying to t2 almost everybody. So I love that we have tons of T2 chars now to chase.

Lastly, I will miss Elektra only having 4 skills in the future. I have gotten used to her being god awful and being neglected. When she gets attention, I will weep.

[/quote]

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

1. Whenever I was told they were going to add Squirrel Girl, I guess it's been a couple months now.
2. Fisk, Sharon, Loki, Ronan, Skull, Squirrel Girl.
3. Carnitas, and three.
4. Squirrel Girl.
5. It hasn't changed all that much in the time I've been playing so I get to just say adding Squirrel Girl.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
1. Around this time last year.
2. Loki, She-Hulk, Silk, Nico, Thor
3. Iron Fist - 6 with 2 unused tickets and Strange + Proxima
4. The login rewards revamp and everything else around that time. Really got me back into the game again.
5. Auto co-op for sure, never bothered with it before because it just took too long.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

I'm not really sure how this happened. The total damage thing, not that my Sif beat a T2 Songbird in damage(it happened because their connection was awful so they were teleporting around and they also spend most of the time attacking the robots that spawn).

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

i wasn't going to do it, but in honor of the announcement of the stupidest change to Marvel Heroes, i'm gonna do it.

1. i think i started my account early in 2015 but didn't bother putting any effort until our lord and savior put the call out in October or November 2015

2. The gently caress remembers this? think it was Kingpin, Coulson, Venom, Loki, Spidey

3. Moon King was my first. Have 10 T2s (plus Dick Strange and Proxima too)

4. Uh, i guess the one that killed off the need to grind certain stupid levels for certain stupid gear items; gently caress that noise hated that poo poo in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes

5. Frequent T2 tickets are loving awesome. One feature i'd miss? Unlimited (as long as you ignore the gold cost) Timeline rerolling. Love those endless Thanos/Strange/Sharon teams

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

1) Early 2015. I think I downloaded on release day?

2) Captain Marvel, Angela, Loki, YJ, Elsa, Singularity? I had to look through the old thread to figure that out.

3) Iron Fist was my first, 5 T2's now and 4 banked tickets. Should use one.

4) I don't even know. Hard to distinguish between patches in my head. Maybe when they removed comic covers and put in cards instead?

5) Auto co-op and Timeline is awesome. Would love some quality of life stuff. Maybe a button to automatically send out a full list of warp mission people.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

NmareBfly posted:

Maybe a button to automatically send out a full list of warp mission people.

This has been my biggest wish since auto-co-op.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yeah I used to be very particular about it because a bunch of people needed XP but now my entire roster is maxxed out for their rank so it literally doesn't matter who I send. When I bother at all, which is maybe once every couple of days when I remember.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RatHat posted:

I'm not really sure how this happened. The total damage thing, not that my Sif beat a T2 Songbird in damage(it happened because their connection was awful so they were teleporting around and they also spend most of the time attacking the robots that spawn).

Probably the damage reflect move. If her t2 (or a costume for the new Thor/her classic look) gave her Sharon Roger's invuln/full damage shield attached to that damage reflect she'd very easily go from being one of the worst strength heroes to just barely outside the top 10.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
No my point was the total damage is more than the bosses' health.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

NmareBfly posted:

Yeah I used to be very particular about it because a bunch of people needed XP but now my entire roster is maxxed out for their rank so it literally doesn't matter who I send. When I bother at all, which is maybe once every couple of days when I remember.

Same, every character is level maxed at their current rank and whenever I rank someone up it only takes 1 -2 days of special missions for them to get caught up.

I'm gonna do the thing:

1. I started playing in February of this year during my Chinese New Year break when I was bored with nothing to do
2. Daredevil, Kamala, Loki, Iron Fist, and I think Black Bolt? Daredevil and Kamala are my favorites
3. Iron Fist was my first T2 and he owns. I have seven T2s plus two unused tickets, and I have Proxima and Supergiant maxed also. I'm chipping away at Corvus but not going full in on him until I have Strange maxed out.
4. I think I like this most recent Strange update the best overall?
5. When they finally and permanently canned Live Timeline battle, even though it wasn't there for very long. Now I think they should just get rid of clear tickets

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Oh yeah I also didn't notice it was Bullseye, I'd figured with Doc Ock and the lasers you could've maybe pulled off the reflect thing. Like you did 20% along with everyone else but then at the last second gibbed him with a reflect for more than his remaining health.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

FireWorksWell posted:

1. Whenever the big yellow sun informed me of this stupid game.

2. Silk, Loki, Vision, Blingpin, Star dash Lord

3. Sharon Rogers. 5 T2's right now. Moon King, Silk, Sharon, Elsa, and Carnage.

4. No idea.

5. QUICKER REROLLING ON EVERYTHING OH GOD THANK YOU. I miss Battleworld being fun, instead of a stomp of who has the best T2's and Thanos.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

FireWorksWell posted:

1) 23 Sept 2015 ish
2) Iron Man, War Machine, Giant Man, Yellow Jacket, somebody.
3) Iron Fist, I think? It's pretty hazy. I have 12 with two tickets in hand.
4) This is a tough one. I guess the Shadowland patch?
5) Shadowland is my favourite new feature, because it makes your whole roster useful. Even Elektra maybe! I miss the gold from AB but I don't miss the time it took to complete AB.

RatHat posted:

No my point was the total damage is more than the bosses' health.

I've noticed the bosses flake out and stop taking damage and then die with like 8000 HP left on their bar, sometimes. So maybe the damage is still incrementing while they're bugged out?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

FireWorksWell posted:

1. March or April 2016

2. Thor, Loki, Spider-Man, Jane Foster, not sure who number 5 was, possibly Hyperion.

3. Sharon Rogers, I now have 7 total T2, and 3 unused tickets in my inventory.

4. I'll say the Hyperion patch because that prompted me to drop $ for a VIP package to max him out quickly.

5. I like the auto-sell buttons, and would miss the auto-play button if they got rid of it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh man, definitely should have mentioned SHADOWLANDS. That poo poo is tough for me and furthest I've gotten is wave 16. Finally beat 15 tonight with a Deathclock leadership, T2 Silk and Daisyfu team. Felt awesome to finally win.

I absolutely love it for the reason punchy said: it makes my whole roster useful and makes me actually t2 people like Miles, for instance.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I got to 13 last week and that's my best so far. I want 15 for those sweet bios but I don't think I can make it this week.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

FireWorksWell posted:

5. What's one change you're grateful for, and one feature you might might miss?

1. About a year ago now. Start of December, 2015.

2. Star-Lord, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Yellowjacket, Loki

3. Star-Lord who I ground out the mats for rather than use some cheap ticket. Yondu, Wasp, Black Cat, Moon Knight, Spider-Gwen, Iron Fist, Ant Man, Sharon Rogers, Gwenpool, Carnage. 11.

4. SHADOWLANDS, a challenging game mechanic without feeling unfair, unlike when the World Bosses were first implemented

5. All the ease of life changes, like auto-retries and rerolls, making Autoplay ++ pretty much standard. I hate Battleworld being an unfun hot mess.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The return of 4-hour gifts.

I'd expect more of the same quality as last time.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Hogama posted:

The return of 4-hour gifts.

I'd expect more of the same quality as last time.

I think I got a 5* rank-up ticket, so it wasn't that bad.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

FireWorksWell posted:

1. when everyone else did

2. uhh... loki... captain marvel... singularity... silk... nico minnow

3. 1st upgrade waaaas... Ant-Man, I think. Ant-Man, Gwenpool, Wasp, Ghost Rider, Green Gobbo, YJ, Moon King, Songbird, Iron Fist, Lash, Elsa, Carne, Hype, Sin, Ancient One, Clea

4. SONGBIRD AND SQUIRREL GIRL

5. I like most of the little QoL stuff like sell all 1* cards and I miss the old Timeline Battle system where you chose your pick out of 5 rolls for free

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Is Throot a good T2 or should I focus on yellow jacket after I 6 star him?

Also, are all the Black Order super villain types?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

The Dave posted:

Is Throot a good T2 or should I focus on yellow jacket after I 6 star him?

Also, are all the Black Order super villain types?

Yellowjacket is a better character overall than Throot but YJ's T2 is a damage boost and he's already pretty good at T1 without it. Throot has a more significant improvement in the jump to T2 but he's still not as good as YJ.

I T2'd YJ because I like him as a striker because he hits hard and is on attack, but the passive/active healing effects of Groot are really handy to pair with glass cannons like Iron Fist or Shang Chi.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Could a decked out t1 ancient one have enough dps to take out SL10 boss loki solo ?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

No. My T2 Star-Lord is geared to the teeth, awakened ISO in every slot, AoE skills perfect for that fight, and still struggles.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Being that Clawtopsy is Star dash Lord in real life, I would take that seriously.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
They decided to just make a permanent schedule for timeline.

That's 8-11 EST

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Is there a cap on def pen?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
50%

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

FireWorksWell posted:

1. Really early. Life was rough and I can barely remember poo poo from back then. Maybe Spring of 2015.
2. Captain America and Iron Man, most likely.
3. Ant-Man if we're not counting BO.
4. The new extreme AB is exciting, but I have to concur auto co-op is a Godsend.
5. I miss that loving Netmarble monster. I'm grateful that they keep adding endgame content. Higher Villain Sieges, then world bosses, then Shadowlands. Good poo poo.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

aw yiss GM gift fully awakened ISO8 and it's dodge again you MOTHERFUCKERS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

DDE is the best ISO set cos it actually lets you use one of those lovely purples clogging up your inventory.

• Locked thread